The Official "The Boy Who Knew Too Much ERA" Charts & Sales around the world Thread

Showtunes17

From Billboard:

http://www.billboard.com/#/news/madonna-s-celebration-tops-euro-chart-1004018107.story

The big climber into the Europe-wide top ten is Mika's sophomore album "The Boy Who Knew Too Much" (Casablanca/Universal Island), which climbs 21-4 after a 2-1 rise in France and debuts at No. 2 in Switzerland, No. 4 in the United Kingdom, No. 5 in Holland, No. 6 in Germany, No. 7 in Spain and No. 9 in Switzerland. Its U.K. debut, on sales of 40,000, compares to an opening 100,000 units there when his debut "Life In Carton Motion" opened at No. 1 in February 2007. "Knew Too Much" is also new at No. 2 in Switzerland and No. 9 in Austria.

Come on UK. Wake up!!!!!

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am surprised at this "very early days beginning" of the release of TBWKTM.

There is a lot of high power, star power competition out there in the top ten right now.

But the U.K. & Canada have not responded as well as I thought we would.

Europe & Asia have responded really well.

The U.S. is responding better than I thought they would & the way I wished they would.

But it is a mixed bag.

I am hoping & I think all the promo & the upcoming tour will make tremendous strides to make TBWKTM a big hit.

Congrats to Mika for the chart numbers so far.

I hope we will still be discussing the high chart numbers weeks & months from now.

P.S. I think the stage setting of the upcoming tour is going to surprise & delight everybody.

I expect the album to do better in the UK once they release "Rain" :naughty:

Well I am beyond confused! Is it Rain or is it BIOTG??? He can't seem to make up his mind. I know he did a vid for BIOTG, but last Monday he said Rain would be the new single.

I have to say, I like Rain better than BIOTG, but I agree with the DJ who said he should release Good Gone Girl. That is a brilliant track, so are Touches You and I See You. One foot Boy is also really great, but people in the mainstream might not get the lyrics. They don't know Mika like we do.

I expect the album to do better in the UK once they release "Rain" :naughty:

I hope so!

Well I am beyond confused! Is it Rain or is it BIOTG??? He can't seem to make up his mind. I know he did a vid for BIOTG, but last Monday he said Rain would be the new single.

I have to say, I like Rain better than BIOTG, but I agree with the DJ who said he should release Good Gone Girl. That is a brilliant track, so are Touches You and I See You. One foot Boy is also really great, but people in the mainstream might not get the lyrics. They don't know Mika like we do.

I "thought" (because I can't find it, though I haven't searched extensively) that Mika said that the next single will be BIOTG in the U.S. & Rain everywhere else.

Did anybody else hear or read this??

I also think that - down the road - Good Gone Girl would be a kewl single & Touches You & I See You & One Foot Boy.:shocked::thumb_yello::biggrin2:

But - I love every track on TBWKTM!

Don't tell anyone - "I can't choose a favourite yet."

This after eleven days of listening to TBWKTM non-stop.

Edited by Kodes100

Wow!:thumb_yello:

In Portugal on the Itunes top pop albums chart today LICM is higher in the Top Ten than TBWKTM!

That is amazing!:thumb_yello:

I hope LICM keeps making a resurgence on the charts as Mika tours the world.

Kudos Mika!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

Yes, I forgot to mention that in the UK album chart LICM was back at no 65 :naughty:

European Albums Chart (02/10)

01 01 Madonna ~ Celebration

02 01 02 Muse ~ The Resistance

03 01 Pearl Jam ~ Backspacer

04 21 02 Mika ~ The Boy Who Knew Too Much :wub2:

05 02 02 Mark Knopfler ~ Get Lucky

06 04 04 David Guetta ~ One Love

07 03 04 Whitney Houston ~ I Look To You

08 07 16 The Black Eyed Peas ~ The E.N.D

09 01 Element Of Crime ~ Immer Da Wo Du Bist Bin Ich Nie

10 01 Dizzee Rascal ~ Tongue N' Cheek

European singles chart

01 01 09 David Guetta Feat. Akon ~ Sexy Bitch

02 03 13 The Black Eyed Peas ~ I Gotta Feeling

03 02 08 Madonna ~ Celebration

04 01 Tokio Hotel ~ Automatisch

05 04 04 Shakira ~ She Wolf

06 01 Rammstein ~ Pussy

07 06 02 Taio Cruz ~ Break Your Heart

08 05 16 Lady Gaga ~ Paparazzi

09 08 03 Tom Frager & Gwayav ~ Lady Melody

10 41 02 Jay-Z + Alicia Keys ~ Empire State Of Mind

11 11 13 Cascada ~ Evacuate The Dancefloor

12 10 20 David Guetta Feat. Kelly Rowland ~ When Love Takes Over

13 09 04 Jay-Z, Rihanna & Kayne West ~ Run This Town

14 12 16 Pitbull ~ I know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)

15 07 09 Marit Larsen ~ If A Song Could Get Me You

16 13 05 Mika ~ We Are Golden

source: http://www.charly1300.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=632

and estimations from this site http://www.worldwidealbums.net/ says Mika sold 202,000 in his first week *-*

sorry for my bad english

Yes, I forgot to mention that in the UK album chart LICM was back at no 65 :naughty:

...guess HMV is selling it for 4GBP now....

Recently I saw both Robbie's Greatest Hits and Pink's Funhouse album sold for 3GP only...

:shocked:

...if trend continues it looks like France is going to replace the UK as Mika's biggest market.

:cool:

What's happening there? :blink:

I don't know - I am baffled by the reaction in the British market :blink:. But a lot of people here (UK) didn't like WAG, maybe they will change their minds when they hear the second single.