The Official "The Boy Who Knew Too Much ERA" Charts & Sales around the world Thread

Showtunes17

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah thank you for clearing that up :)

But could he not still be in that chart even though his single was released a day after they started counting? Do they only count the singles that were released on that day or before? :blink:

The chart is locked down at about 6.30pm on a Sunday night and up on the site after 7pm. Last week Mika's song wasn't released. We'll know accurately where he is after 7pm tonight.

I'm still listening and it's Jedward at #11. No mention of Mika yet.

Edit: Very sad news! BIOTG is NOT in the UK top 40

Florence is #2 and Help For Haiti is #1, so at least Mika is involved in a #1 single this week

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

According to http://www.worldwidealbums.net, TBWKTM has sold 715,500 as of this month. Surely it has sold more than that already... :blink:

Worldwidealbums shut down over two weeks ago.

i don't think they were very accurate leading up to there demise.

I hope not anyway.

I am sticking with the 1.5 million albums sold for now until I hear differently.

Yes he did, but he's obviosly changed his mind about downloading his own songs. Three or two years ago he celebrated internet and downloading cos thanks to it he became an internetional superstar as Lily Allen as well. I really appreciate his and his sister's artwork, but that can't be the only and the main reason why people should buy his CD singles IMO. Besides the majority downloads songs (sometimes illegally) cos it's cheaper and it works especially for the countries outside the European Community. :mf_rosetinted:

i don't think he changed his mind - i think he likes his music to be distributed in both ways, for different audiences - as a download AND as a physical single, with the artwork. and i can really understand him that he's not happy if the record company tells him that he should forget about the physical single and artwork but it will just be download. i'm not happy bout it either, as i love collecting singles - CD as well as 7". :sad: why can't they at least release a ltd edition, for the fans who would be happy to spend the money on it?

Edit: Very sad news! BIOTG is NOT in the UK top 40

Florence is #2 and Help For Haiti is #1, so at least Mika is involved in a #1 single this week

:sad::tears:

good about the haiti single though, i also bought 2 copies of it in belfast.

i don't think he changed his mind - i think he likes his music to be distributed in both ways, for different audiences - as a download AND as a physical single, with the artwork. and i can really understand him that he's not happy if the record company tells him that he should forget about the physical single and artwork but it will just be download. i'm not happy bout it either, as i love collecting singles - CD as well as 7". :sad: why can't they at least release a ltd edition, for the fans who would be happy to spend the money on it?

Yes, at least the charity single has kept Florence off the top spot, but I'm gutted for Mika with another of his singles doing badly in the UK.

That sounds quite reasonable to me as well.:wink2:

WWA doesn't estimate anymore. :wink2: So no, those numbers aren't correct.

:wink2:I know some people dont like this album,said it's worse than LICM...I dont wanna disccuse about that!

all the things i know is , Whatever~~TBWKTM value more than 2 million at least!:thumb_yello: 'cause it include much heart beat of Mika~~

I hope soon Chinese music production will be more standard!

then there will be a big sales for Mika!

'cause you know~~We have many people!:wink2: of course many are Mika's fans:roftl:

I looked for the single in my local HMV a few days ago and they haven't stocked it, and that's where I get ALL my Mika singles from. I think I've posted this news before, but I couldn't remember, so I'm posting it again.

I haven't been able to get it anywhere! I've looked everywhere on the highstreet and online, that's got to have hit sales.

My mum was aying she really liked it but couldn't find it anywhere (she won't know an MP3 player if slapped her in the face so the only way she'd buy it is on CD.

When I asked Mika about it at Sheffield he did have a slightly concerned look on his face, I think this kind of miss management is going to hit him hard if it's not sorted.

In total shock that BIOTG hasn't made the top 40.

I haven't been able to get it anywhere! I've looked everywhere on the highstreet and online, that's got to have hit sales.

My mum was aying she really liked it but couldn't find it anywhere (she won't know an MP3 player if slapped her in the face so the only way she'd buy it is on CD.

When I asked Mika about it at Sheffield he did have a slightly concerned look on his face, I think this kind of miss management is going to hit him hard if it's not sorted.

In total shock that BIOTG hasn't made the top 40.

OMG you questioned him? what did you/he say?

There's a vid of it somewhere! I said that lots of us wanted to know where we could get BIOTG on CD as we couldn't find it.

He said he didn't know! :boxed:

oh goodness. Bless him, he doesn't deserve to be ignored by record stores. He's trying to make a living like everyone else. I feel really sorry for him, I'd hate that if it was me. I mean, he's done promotion for it, so I don't understand at all...

oh goodness. Bless him, he doesn't deserve to be ignored by record stores. He's trying to make a living like everyone else. I feel really sorry for him, I'd hate that if it was me. I mean, he's done promotion for it, so I don't understand at all...

I'm concerned that it's not available ANYWHERE on physical release, it seems like something has gone wrong, either it was never available on physical release or there has been a distribution problem. HMV don't even have a record of it on their system which is really odd. It should be on there if it's been released even if they aren't stocking it!

I'm concerned that it's not available ANYWHERE on physical release, it seems like something has gone wrong, either it was never available on physical release or there has been a distribution problem. HMV don't even have a record of it on their system which is really odd. It should be on there if it's been released even if they aren't stocking it!

exactly. it can't be a fault on Mika's Team, surely? I mean, I know they've had a few scuffles during the years but this is a pretty big mistake to make?

:wink2:I know some people dont like this album,said it's worse than LICM...I dont wanna disccuse about that!

all the things i know is , Whatever~~TBWKTM value more than 2 million at least!:thumb_yello: 'cause it include much heart beat of Mika~~

I hope soon Chinese music production will be more standard!

then there will be a big sales for Mika!

'cause you know~~We have many people!:wink2: of course many are Mika's fans:roftl:

God bless China!

But I think if BIOTG had been available in the record shops, it might have charted in the UK. I am thoroughly disgusted with whoever it is that has let Mika down like this; by not making certain his single was available in Every format, and every outlet!

But I think if BIOTG had been available in the record shops, it might have charted in the UK. I am thoroughly disgusted with whoever it is that has let Mika down like this; by not making certain his single was available in Every format, and every outlet!

If "Blame It On The Girls" had been available to buy on CD from Amazon.co.uk, I would have bought it!

On Saturday, late in the evening, I did find mention of a CD of "Blame It On The Girls" on eBay. It was a promotional copy, with one track only. And unfortunately, the listing had expired shortly before I found it, so I didn't get a chance to buy it. :( But there are a few up on eBay now, so I have just bought one. :) If you want one as well, head over to eBay and do a search! There is also a 5-track CD of remixes.

My guess would be that the record company didn't do a proper release on CD because they didn't expect the sales to be high enough to offset the costs of manufacturing and distributing it. That's just my guess.

But even with sales limited to downloads only, the new single still did better than "Rain". "Blame It On The Girls" is currently at No. 72 in the Official UK Singles Chart:

http://www.theofficialcharts.com/top40_singles.php

Not a great chart position, but better than nothing...

If "Blame It On The Girls" had been available to buy on CD from Amazon.co.uk, I would have bought it!

On Saturday, late in the evening, I did find mention of a CD of "Blame It On The Girls" on eBay. It was a promotional copy, with one track only. And unfortunately, the listing had expired shortly before I found it, so I didn't get a chance to buy it. :( But there are a few up on eBay now, so I have just bought one. :) If you want one as well, head over to eBay and do a search! There is also a 5-track CD of remixes.

My guess would be that the record company didn't do a proper release on CD because they didn't expect the sales to be high enough to offset the costs of manufacturing and distributing it. That's just my guess.

But even with sales limited to downloads only, the new single still did better than "Rain". "Blame It On The Girls" is currently at No. 72 in the Official UK Singles Chart:

LOL that's the same position as Rain :aah:

LOL that's the same position as Rain :aah:

Oops. Sorry. Why did I think it was higher, then? Must have been wishful thinking...

Edit: I can't actually find a definitive statement anywhere of where "Rain" got to in the UK Singles Chart. Bizarrely, we have a 160-page thread here, devoted to talking about MIKA's chart positions and sales, and it seems that nobody thought to mention what the chart position of "Rain" actually was! (Not having a go at anyone. The set of people who didn't think to mention it includes me, as well.) Wikipedia is the only source I can find, and that hardly counts, as anyone can write anything in Wikipedia...

I thought I'd saved the chart for the week that "Rain" was in it, but looking back, I seem not to have done.

Does anyone know of any archives of past singles charts?

Edited by chobar

Oops. Sorry. Why did I think it was higher, then? Must have been wishful thinking...

Edit: I can't actually find a definitive statement anywhere of where "Rain" got to in the UK Singles Chart. Bizarrely, we have a 160-page thread here, devoted to talking about MIKA's chart positions and sales, and it seems that nobody thought to mention what the chart position of "Rain" actually was! (Not having a go at anyone. The set of people who didn't think to mention it includes me, as well.) Wikipedia is the only source I can find, and that hardly counts, as anyone can write anything in Wikipedia...

I thought I'd saved the chart for the week that "Rain" was in it, but looking back, I seem not to have done.

Does anyone know of any archives of past singles charts?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rain_%28Mika_song%29#Charts

Just search for his other singles and it'll show you its chart positions.

Rain was 72, with a physical release as well. I'll get my son to look on ebay for a single of BIOTG as I am not computer savvy and he has an ebay account already.

Even though Rain didn't do as well as expected, that is surely no excuse for the record company to refuse to release BIOTG as a cd as well!

Good God in Heaven! Mika can't be doing all the work! they have to help him out! The poor guy is doing a sensational tour and also going on the radio stations of the cities he goes to! How much more has he to do before the company get some singles out there!

I'm hoping that, at the very least, his album sales will rise.

I'll admit that BIOTG is not one of my favourite tracks on the album, but it's still better than a lot of the rubbish I heard in the charts on Sunday.

I also think that after hearing Touches You live on friday night, He needs to release it as a single pdq. It doesn't matter if people play the 'George Michael card', they would probably dis Mika anyway whatever he did!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rain_%28Mika_song%29#Charts

Just search for his other singles and it'll show you its chart positions.

Well, as I said, I found Wikipedia, but didn't consider it to count as a reliable source. A statement in Wikipedia without an accessible reference to back it up is like something you hear from some bloke down the pub. That part of the article may well have been added by the bloke down the pub, too. ;)

I know because I used to be a Wikipedia regular, myself. That is, until I became too fed up with how the vast majority of editors were much more interested in deleting perfectly valid and reliable information that they just happened not to be interested in than they were to edit out stuff that was totally unreliable but that they personally found interesting...

(Yes, I am bitter!)

I'm annoyed that past charts are not archived. What does the Official Charts Company gain from not allowing past charts to be accessible?