Meet Up in Blackpool 5th Sept

kt4mika

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did everyone that wanted them get them? , Im way behind after rocking to U2:aah:

Not heard from Rachel (Gatorhina) yet, so don't know if she got any tickets.

Did you have to put your age on the application? That's odd

Yes, there was a place on the form I filled in where you had to put the age group you were in, mine was something like 50s to 70s, something like that. I thought about lying, because Alan and I both look, and act, much younger than we actually are and I suspected that they might not want older people there, but because I'm a christian, I decided to tell the truth. Alan and I are both 55. I turned 55 a few days ago.

I'm not 50 yet but heading in that direction :shocked: (gonna hurt myself now) and I DIDN'T win any tickets and AND I live in the NORTH pah maybe they think I will be even MORE of a northern heathen than just a little bit North pfft.

BUT I THINK I AM GOING NOW ANYWAY THANKYOU VIXENBBW XXXXXX:wub2:

Well those of us who didn't win tickets can hopefully wait in a convienient pub for the maestro to finish doing his thing and get his gorgeous self out of the venue .

I've been thinking that since Alan and I can't book into our guest house untill 2pm, it's no use us meeting you all before that time. So we'll arrange to meet you all a bit later on if that's okay.

Did everyone that wanted them get them? , Im way behind after rocking to U2:aah:

Not heard from Rachel (Gatorhina) yet, so don't know if she got any tickets.

I didn't win..........Pretty gutted to say the least :tears:

I heard from Rachel last night as you know she is on holiday but she checked her e mails and hasn't won either.

I didn't win..........Pretty gutted to say the least :tears:

I heard from Rachel last night as you know she is on holiday but she checked her e mails and hasn't won either.

Ok looks like around 4 didnt get them .....

Ive literally just got back and checked emails and they come as some e tickety type thingy

Ok looks like around 4 didnt get them .....

Ive literally just got back and checked emails and they come as some e tickety type thingy

I've checked my e mails about a million times :sneaky2:

Just 4!! That is so crap!

Did you just get your e mail today?

I didn't win either ... but then again I doubt I could go anyway so probably would have given them to someone else .... :aah:

Glad most of you are going though :)

I actually think that alot more than 4 people didn't actually win, alot of us are going thanks to the generousity (sp?) of those MFcers that did win. I didn't win and I'n fairly close by and am 24, so don't think age or local has anything to do with it.

I'm just unlucky person when it comes to winning but a very lucky person when it comes to friends!! :)

Wow, just looked thro the RSVP thread, looks like we should have 20ish MFCers! Plus any uests that MFCers bring! That's far better than I was expecting!!

Freddie!! Pleased you'll be there! How was U2? My cousin went and said it was amazing. :)

Edited by Mikafish

I actually think that alot more than 4 people didn't actually win, alot of us are going thanks to the generousity (sp?) of those MFcers that did win. I didn't win and I'n fairly close by and am 24, so don't think age or local has anything to do with it.

I'm just unlucky person when it comes to winning but a very lucky person when it comes to friends!! :)

Freddie!! Pleased you'll be there! How was U2? My cousin went and said it was amazing. :)

Just amazingggg U2 were :wub2::wub2: .. Bono is a legend

BTW ..to all that didnt get them , my email came mega late last night!!

Do you think there would be any chance of getting in for those that don't have tickets. As has been pointed out...it is a gamble on their part...they obviously issue more tickets than places, knowing that some people won't show. But they can't get it right everytime. Yes, sometimes more people may show than they have space for but surely, even with this system, there may be occasions when they have space left?

Do you think there would be any chance of getting in for those that don't have tickets. As has been pointed out...it is a gamble on their part...they obviously issue more tickets than places, knowing that some people won't show. But they can't get it right everytime. Yes, sometimes more people may show than they have space for but surely, even with this system, there may be occasions when they have space left?

people can only try, but i think you have a good point :thumb_yello::wub2:

I did email Radio 2 to ask if they would be operating a "waiting list" or anything for any tickets that are not redeemed (this was when I thought I didn't have a ticket) and they told me that they would not be doing that, to me it sounds like they do issue quiet a few more tickets than spaces.

There is still hope but I would hate anyone to travel a lon way thinking that they will get in without a ticket then be disappointed. Having said that you'll still get to meet a load of MFCers and that is worth the trip imo! Lol

Thanks! I can't wait :biggrin2:

Maybe not Laurel- They say on the site or the ticket or somewhere that one is not allowed to film or take pictures :blink:. I wonder if they will police it. I really can't have my camera confiscated :sneaky2::aah:

:shocked: thank you for letting us know..........:sneaky2::teehee:

I have tickets now! Thanks to the generosity of an MFCer who wishes to remain anonymous, so I'm honouring that request. I was also offered tickets by another MFCer who also wishes to remain anonymous. You both know who you are, so I thank you both,for the offer, and the tickets. Bless you both, and thank you.

Edit: Someone else just offered me tickets as well! Thank you too!

It looks like we may have to queue up, because they don't guarantee anyone a seat, as they issue more tickets than spaces, in case anyone doesn't turn up.

Edited by Marilyn Mastin

I have tickets now! Thanks to the generosity of an MFCer who wishes to remain anonymous, so I'm honouring that request. I was also offered tickets by another MFCer who also wishes to remain anonymous. You both know who you are, so I thank you both,for the offer, and the tickets. Bless you both, and thank you.

It looks like we may have to queue up, because they don't guarantee anyone a seat, as they issue more tickets than spaces, in case anyone doesn't turn up.

I am absolutly delighted to read this Marilyn. Aren't MFCers fantastic? May I also offer my heartfelt thanks to all those that have been so generous to Marilyn. It really does warm the cockles of ones heart. Brilliant news :wub2:

:roll1::dance_man::toot: omg im so happy for you :thumb_yello:

I am sooo pleased to hear that!!! I love the MFC!

Let's hope we can get all the MFcer that want to go there!!

And yes it looks like Qing ig going to be a must. I've been snoopin around other fan clubs to try to get an idea of how many people will be arriving at what kind of times but I haven't had much success! :(

I am sooo pleased to hear that!!! I love the MFC!

Let's hope we can get all the MFcer that want to go there!!

And yes it looks like Qing ig going to be a must. I've been snoopin around other fan clubs to try to get an idea of how many people will be arriving at what kind of times but I haven't had much success! :(

I wonder if they'll make as much of an effort as we will at queuing :naughty: