Meet Up in Blackpool 5th Sept

kt4mika

Hmm...maybe. How much time would Mika need to sing all of LICM and all of TBWKTM? :naughty:

On the parking issue I think I've found a car park on Banks St (out near the train station) that does 24 hour parking, can't seem to find any details on price tho :(

Oh on that point, how late to the buses/trams in the town centre run? I might be too tired to walk all that way afterwards, and I get buses and trams free! :wink2:

Well, maybe we shouldn't be greedy.............just all of TBWKTM?:naughty:

24 hr parking sound good:thumb_yello:

• Replies 749
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm...maybe. How much time would Mika need to sing all of LICM and all of TBWKTM? :naughty:

On the parking issue I think I've found a car park on Banks St (out near the train station) that does 24 hour parking, can't seem to find any details on price tho :(

Oh on that point, how late to the buses/trams in the town centre run? I might be too tired to walk all that way afterwards, and I get buses and trams free! :wink2:

Thanks for that:wink2:

I'm going to be driving overnight/early morning, probably now. I figured the traffic might be heavy for the lights switch on, so if I can get there early morning, get a reasonable parking spot for the day, all the better.

Thanks for that:wink2:

I'm going to be driving overnight/early morning, probably now. I figured the traffic might be heavy for the lights switch on, so if I can get there early morning, get a reasonable parking spot for the day, all the better.

If you find a good car park could you text me please?

I've emailed Blackpool councils parking dept asking for details of all 24 hour parking within walking distance of town centre, they won't get it until Tues but as soon as I hear anything I will report back.

Rose you want to meet up for breakfast then? :roftl:

Aswell as tweeting mika saying look out for us golden we could say look out for both the GOLDEN and the FLASHING ( flashing hearts) lol so excited!! Oh and Vicky... I'm not sure what times the trams run till but I know the buses stop at like midnight

Aswell as tweeting mika saying look out for us golden we could say look out for both the GOLDEN and the FLASHING ( flashing hearts) lol so excited!! Oh and Vicky... I'm not sure what times the trams run till but I know the buses stop at like midnight

Thank you :wub2:

Hoping if we all park near too each other i won't have to walk back on my own...

I've emailed Blackpool councils parking dept asking for details of all 24 hour parking within walking distance of town centre, they won't get it until Tues but as soon as I hear anything I will report back.

Thank you:thumb_yello:

We could also ask him for a parking pass:naughty:

Thank you :wub2:

Hoping if we all park near too each other i won't have to walk back on my own...

That would be good:thumb_yello:

Sounds like a plan:thumb_yello:

http://www.blackpool.gov.uk/Services/A-F/CouncilCarParks/Home.htm

Check out the parking charges document in the pink box.

Thanks Liz.

Confused now tho, Council told me that West street Car park was open until 11.30pm when I emailed them, but on that list it has parking costs for up to 24 hours? Don't want to park somewhere then not be able to get my car out!!

I was thinking I might park up quite a way out and get a taxi back later on. But a 24 hour car park would be good.

It will be phenomenally busy. We used to go every year with the children. We'd walk through and eat then absolutely crawl through the lights in the car and home. Happy days.

And another thing. I have an extensive collection of Mika related mp3's - interviews, songs etc. etc. If you're missing something I can burn CDs and bring them to Blackpool

Ruth that would be amazing, I've swapped computers so many times I have no idea where half my downloaded stuff is. If I had them on MP3 could chuck them on my Iphone.:wub2:

And another thing. I have an extensive collection of Mika related mp3's - interviews, songs etc. etc. If you're missing something I can burn CDs and bring them to Blackpool

:naughty: Is this legal:shocked::naughty:

Hi,

I am a Will Young fan and was reading your boards for tips on how to get a ticket for Blackpool. Will was announced at 5pm on the Friday just before the deadline so only about 5 people were lucky. I managed to get a ticket as someone else cant go but it is fair to say most of Wills fans were a bit pigged off about it.

Anyway - I am posting as I have had an email that some of you may like to take advantage of.:thumb_yello:

Good children of the Rebel Empire… we bring you some VERY exclusive news…

Unless you’ve been living under a stone in the most boring place on the planet (probably the Big Brother garden), you’ll know that our dear friends Popstarz are returning to their legendary home, The Scala, for one night only on Friday 11th Septmber. You’ll also know that the night features a live gig from a secret guest.

It’s a secret no more! We can exclusively reveal to you that POPSTARZ LIVE AT THE SCALA (for one nite only!) features... MIKA - performing live!!!

We should also tell you that the Rebel 7 DJ’s will be dropping some dancefloor bombs in that legendary Scala main room on the night. It’s gonna be hot… it’s already unmissable… and you should you get a ticket. Now. Full details from Popstarz below:

On Friday 11th September popstarz returns to the Scala for one night

only for a special club night and show from the legend that is Mika.

Tickets are just £10 in advance! And available now!

This is Mika's second appearance at the club and will feature a set of

tunes from his new LP "The Boy Who Knew Too Much" AND his smash debut LP

"Life In Cartoon Motion" which sold a staggering 6 million copies

worldwide and saw Mika shoot to stardom in Europe and right across to L.A .

Expect to hear all the hits including "Relax", "Love Today", "Big Girl

You Are Beautiful", "Grace Kelly" and new single "We Are Golden" as well

as the smash hit future singles "Rain" and "Blame It On The Girls".

Expect some surprises as well!

On top of this you get three rooms of popstarz club action, the indie

room, pop room and RnB room plus smoking garden in the glamorous setting

of The Scala venue, in Kings Cross London.

Tickets are on sale at Ghetto in Old St 7 days a week and at popstarz at

it's usual home The Den every Friday at just £10 (no booking fee). or

Online from http://www.popstarz.org (with booking fee). There will be some held

back for the door on the night.

BUY YOUR TICKET HERE NOW!!!

http://www.popstarz.org/buyticket.html

Please note there is no popstarz at the Den on Fri 11th but popstarz is

there ALL other Fridays (and we love our new home!).

FRIDAY 11th September

Popstarz LIVE at the Scala

doors 9pm-4am

£10 in advance more on the night

Facebook = http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/event.php?eid=241690835433&ref=ts

I cant see it posted anywhere.. apologies if it is as Im not used to your forum.

Hope next Saturday will be fun for us all:biggrin2:

Hi,

I am a Will Young fan and was reading your boards for tips on how to get a ticket for Blackpool. Will was announced at 5pm on the Friday just before the deadline so only about 5 people were lucky. I managed to get a ticket as someone else cant go but it is fair to say most of Wills fans were a bit pigged off about it.

Anyway - I am posting as I have had an email that some of you may like to take advantage of.:thumb_yello:

I cant see it posted anywhere.. apologies if it is as Im not used to your forum.

Thanks Nodgers!

We are aware of it (there is very little that the MFC doesn't find out somehow! lol) and we have a thread somewhere, it'll either be in the Gigs section or the Members only section I think.

Shame to hear that not so many Will Young fans managed to get tickets, we've been pretty lucky on the whole and anyone with spares have offered them here so we are hopin for a good Mika representation!

Please please feel free to come say hello on the day, we might look a little scary when we are all together but we don't bite...well..most of us don't!

Hi,

Hi, I second what Mikafish has said...we have been very lucky here and lots of us have tickets. Sorry to hear that many of you have not been so lucky. It would indeed be lovely to meet you on Saturday. Needless to say, we are all really looking forward to it.

Hmmmmm getting to the centre is going to be a painnnnn :boxed:

Wounder if its worth parking at a near by train station and getting the train the rest of the way

Hmmmm bank holiday weekend and too busy to think :naughty:

Standing!! wooopp love it

Hiya Will Young fan btw :thumb_yello: , come and bring the fans for drinkies .. :biggrin2:

Hi,

Hi there! I'm Marilyn! I'm so sorry that Will's fans didn't get chance to get the tickets! It was quite badly organised obviously!

You and your friends must feel free to join us! You won't be able to miss us as we are all going to be dressed in GOLDEN.

I'm going to be arriving early and will be parked somewhere within walking distance of the town centre.

If there is anybody that is arriving later and thinks they will have trouble parking and wants to park furhter out and get the train/bus into town I'm more than happy to drop people back at their cars afterwards if trains/buses don't run late enough. Let me know. I have 3 spaces in my car.

No, she's not offering to copy any purchased material. And she's not asking for payment, the interviews and audio from gig/shows is fine ;)

Good. I hope so. It isn't purchased material. It's audio tracks from YouTube videos.

But you'll have to let me know.....

I'm going to be arriving early and will be parked somewhere within walking distance of the town centre.

If there is anybody that is arriving later and thinks they will have trouble parking and wants to park furhter out and get the train/bus into town I'm more than happy to drop people back at their cars afterwards if trains/buses don't run late enough. Let me know. I have 3 spaces in my car.

I could well be up for a lift back to my car. That sounds interesting although a taxi is my other choice.