Mika in Vancouver, BC at The Commodore Ballroom

lollipop_monkey

Mika's coming back to Canada's West Coast! Who's coming?

TICKETS ARE NOW ON SALE AT MIKASOUNDS FOR THE SHOW THAT'S BEEN

RESCHEDULED TO THE COMMODORE BALLROOM ON OCTOBER 27TH

GENERAL ADMISSION

PLEASE ONLY RSVP if you ARE going or MIGHT be going as a courtesy to

those reading the thread -- don't want to have to scroll through hundreds

of NO's. THANKS!

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish I could go. I could visit my sister and her husband.

But where are all the people who went last time? Suzanne for instance. And doesn't Carrie live in Vancouver now? Isn't CalicoJasmine from around there?

And I think ER saw him in Vancouver last time....

I know Mana and DaMango drove up from .... was it Seattle? San Fran? LA? Can't remember what the previous show had been....

Wish I could go. I could visit my sister and her husband.

But where are all the people who went last time? Suzanne for instance. And doesn't Carrie live in Vancouver now? Isn't CalicoJasmine from around there?

And I think ER saw him in Vancouver last time....

I know Mana and DaMango drove up from .... was it Seattle? San Fran? LA? Can't remember what the previous show had been....

Carri is back visiting the UK from the 20th to 30th- lousy timing! And I think Kath said her husband had family out there due a visit- but they're also in the UK at concert time!

Lilmot and I carpooled from Seattle to the Vancouver show last year. I'm just not sure I can swing it this year, because money and vacation hours are tight at the moment. Also, my BF doesn't have a passport, so I'd either have to find a travel buddy, or make the journey alone (which wouldn't be too bad, I suppose). I think I'll still keep the possibility open. A lot can change in the next 2 months...

Lilmot and I carpooled from Seattle to the Vancouver show last year. I'm just not sure I can swing it this year, because money and vacation hours are tight at the moment. Also, my BF doesn't have a passport, so I'd either have to find a travel buddy, or make the journey alone (which wouldn't be too bad, I suppose). I think I'll still keep the possibility open. A lot can change in the next 2 months...

:boing:

Would love it if you can swing it! Would be great to see you again. :wub2:

(Granted, I think I'm going to Seattle too, but still, the more gigs the better! :roftl:)

What if we went one-way with you? There are three of us flying home out of Vancouver but we have to get from Seattle to Van. How long is it? 5 hours?

That would be awesome, Christine! The drive can really vary, depending on how long it takes to cross the border. I think it took lilmot and me nearly 7 hours last year, but it was a Friday. Tuesday afternoon might be better. I'm still not sure about getting the time off of work, and my boss is out of the office until next week. Argh! I would love to carpool with you guys, not to mention finally MEETING you!

Maybe they think the time is too tight for getting the equipment (not to mention Cherisse :teehee:) across the border. I wouldn't mind another day in Vancouver since I wouldn't have gone to work that day anyway and then it's the weekend. I just need to know ASAP so I can book flights.

Yes, someone had better glue Cherisse's passport to her forehead before leaving Seattle! Just kidding, love you Cherisse. :wink2: I'm kinda sorta hoping the concert is a bit closer to the weekend, so I won't have to miss so much work. AND, that Saturday is Halloween! How awesome would it be to celebrate Halloween with Mika? (Valentine's Day was pretty nice, last year.)

Edited by DaMango

I'll be on my own on this one!!! wouldn't miss it for the world! Hope to see you there!

Hello fellow Vancouverites (or those coming to the Vancouver show). :bye:

I thought that this might be my first Mika gig (and my first ever concert), but my mother's being grumpy and says I can't go. It's not like I was going to make her pay or anything. :(

Is there a big turn out, usually? How was the last show?

Last year's show was also at the Orpheum, and I believe it was sold out. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.) Theatre capacity is 2780 people, so that's quite a turn out. Thankfully, only a small portion of the audience stayed afterwards for the meet'n'greet, or Mika may have been frightened away! I just hope it won't be as cold as last time, my feet nearly froze off.

Bitter.icarus, I do hope your mother comes around, and lets you go to the concert. :( If you want details about the last show, there is a concert review thread in this section. The date was Feb 15th 2008. I can't post the link at the moment, but I will later if you can't find it.

Edited by DaMango

Last year's show was also at the Orpheum, and I believe it was sold out. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.) Theatre capacity is 2780 people, so that's quite a turn out. Thankfully, only a small portion of the audience stayed afterwards for the meet'n'greet, or Mika may have been frightened away! I just hope it won't be as cold as last time, my feet nearly froze off.

Bitter.icarus, I do hope your mother comes around, and lets you go to the concert. :(

Wow, that's amazing. My sister's commencement ceremony was at the Orpheum. Is it in the fancy part or is there a concert hall type deal?

Thanks, I do too. :) BTW, you can call me Harpreet.

The more I think about it, the more I want to go. We had such a good time last year, Canuckchick!
Yes we did!!! I would love the opportunity to do it again!!

Do you guys remember hanging out at that random coffee shop until all hours after the last Vancouver gig? That was such a good time! :wub2:

I really hope Team Mika sorts this out soon, I wanna book everything! :aah:

Yes, I remember the coffee shop!! That whole evening was absolutely amazing. I do hope we get to do it all over again! The sooner things are sorted out the better, I too want to get everything booked!!