Mika in Oakland, CA at Fox Theater

lollipop_monkey

What to bring from LA... hmm.. Zachary Quinto? Chris Pine? Pamela Anderson? Perez? A Ed Hardy shirt?

I can't wait. Did you all enter the contest? I put my Chicago show instead of this one and you can only do one entry. It's good that this is close to the end of his tour but the night after LA, don't tire him out too much!! That's an order! We will have reports from the girls on the east coast about the shows. Don't worry. We be representing - reprezen'in ?

MFC in da house! Put your hands up!

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What to bring from LA... hmm.. Zachary Quinto? Chris Pine? Pamela Anderson? Perez? A Ed Hardy shirt?

I can't wait. Did you all enter the contest? I put my Chicago show instead of this one and you can only do one entry. It's good that this is close to the end of his tour but the night after LA, don't tire him out too much!! That's an order! We will have reports from the girls on the east coast about the shows. Don't worry. We be representing - reprezen'in ?

MFC in da house! Put your hands up!

I signed up and my sister did too! We live at the same house (obviously) so we put my friend's address in for one of them. :teehee: I hope it's not suspicious that two girls from TEXAS are going to a show in Oakland. We're different people! :aah:

Can't wait. Mika is the best for doing all of this. :wub2:

So I decided not to go... here's why...

aw congrats! :biggrin2:

I can't wait. I wonder what gift I could bring him from Atlanta, haha.

I can get him a sick knife from the Oakland flea!!! :thumb_yello::thumb_yello: j/k j/k.....

No, but on that subject, I actually found these really cool wooden rainbow bracelets with little cartoon Virgin de Guadalupes on them at a flea market monthhhs ago...i fell in love & bought hella of them, i still get tons of comments on mine. I always had it in my mind i'd give him one if i ever met him. :blush-anim-cl:

aw congrats! :biggrin2:

I can get him a sick knife from the Oakland flea!!! :thumb_yello::thumb_yello: j/k j/k.....

No, but on that subject, I actually found these really cool wooden rainbow bracelets with little cartoon Virgin de Guadalupes on them at a flea market monthhhs ago...i fell in love & bought hella of them, i still get tons of comments on mine. I always had it in my mind i'd give him one if i ever met him. :blush-anim-cl:

Oh wow! Match 'em with the hat! I think that'd be grand!

I want to make him a shirt with AstroBoy stenciled on it. Or like a little naked man AstroBoy necklace. :naughty:

I have yet to start on these projects though.

I'm so so so excited for this show!!!!

:thumb_yello: parrrrtaay!

just one month!!!

Oh wow! Match 'em with the hat! I think that'd be grand!

I want to make him a shirt with AstroBoy stenciled on it. Or like a little naked man AstroBoy necklace. :naughty:

I have yet to start on these projects though.

:biggrin2:

Your gift ideas are great! Both of them! The necklace would be nice to see :wink2:

Yaaay! Did you go the the Warfield gig in February 2008? :biggrin2:

No, I've never seen him live! So, I'm really happy about this. I might even drool a little. :biggrin2:

:thumb_yello: parrrrtaay!

just one month!!!

Yes!!! It'll be so cool to see you, it's been toooooo long. <333

I'm excited to meet the rest of you MFCers too. :biggrin2:

I don't want to seem that I am spamming you guys

but I just came back from that area a week ago and I fell in love with SF Oakland Berkeley to the point of tears

and If you are not doing anything 2pm on the 24th of October...

why don't you go to the American Idiot Musical from 2 to 3:30pm ??????

then head to the gig to que up or something...Its so beautiful and powerful and wow and will really get you geared up for more music and being all wowed...

I just thought of it as an interesting way one could meet up before the gig...

after all Berkeley is part of Oakland....you see I can't get to the Oakland concert and I want to go so bad there because the Bay area is my favourite place...

The FOX theatre has fantastic sound I hear

Also.....

I have a list of places you should see! and eat! and whatever!

if anyone has any tough paying for tickets for some reason to see the MIKA concert in Oakland, Let me know...my treat....

I sent you a PM but I am going to see American Idiot on the 10th!! Can't wait. We could compare notes as to where to go - eat, etc. My daughter took me to a bakery where they give out free cookies while you are waiting in line...

:roftl:

What time is everyone planning on queue-ing up? I'm sooooo freakin' excited.

I think we were planning to start queuing about Noon. Right everyone?

Since the hotel many of us are staying in is so close to the venue, if we have to arrive earlier or later than that, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I think we were planning to start queuing about Noon. Right everyone?

Since the hotel many of us are staying in is so close to the venue, if we have to arrive earlier or later than that, it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

You and I were. :naughty:

I really can't think of anything else, and the gig is still a month away. :aah:

Aiming for Noon as well :thumb_yello:

I was just in Oakland last night and passed by the theater with its pretty red lights.

Though I have to mention Fenton's Creamery that's just 6 minutes away...went there last night too...awesome ice cream parlor that's been there over 100 years...

If you have the time that day, you should check it out, they are always open near Midnight on the weekends, always packed but the line goes fast. The taste still lingers...:blush-anim-cl:

Though I have to mention Fenton's Creamery that's just 6 minutes away...went there last night too...awesome ice cream parlor that's been there over 100 years...

If you have the time that day, you should check it out, they are always open near Midnight on the weekends, always packed but the line goes fast. The taste still lingers...:blush-anim-cl:

I can totally see a post-gig choco therapy session! :naughty:

ok my flights are booked (except for the one LA-SF, gotta look for hotels first, as i might not be able to get from hollywood to LA airport easily early in the morning), so will see you all there! :biggrin2: just need a ticket now, so if anyone has a spare, please let me know - would be easier for me to buy it from someone who is also there, instead of ordering them via web. :wink2:

I asked Nono this earlier, but this is a question for those in the Oakland/California coast area...

What is the weather going to be like in late October? As in, what will the weather be like in an inside venue in late October?

Hailing from Texas, it's hard for me to imagine going to any kind of concert without wearing a little clothing as possible. Plus in OCTOBER... it really doesn't start getting cool until after Halloween. :aah:

Hailing from Texas, it's hard for me to imagine going to any kind of concert without wearing a little clothing as possible. Plus in OCTOBER... it really doesn't start getting cool until after Halloween. :aah:

I hail from the Great White North and I can't imagine going to any kind of concert without wearing as little clothing as possible either. Wear layers and bring a bag to stuff the extras in once it starts getting hot inside.