Mika in Oakland, CA at Fox Theater

lollipop_monkey

I hail from the Great White North and I can't imagine going to any kind of concert without wearing as little clothing as possible either. Wear layers and bring a bag to stuff the extras in once it starts getting hot inside.

...And I'll just keep taking them off, even when the gig is over. That's when it will "start getting hot". :das:

Naw, but thanks a lot. Can do! :naughty:

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My lodging plans for the weekend may have fallen through. :sad: does anyone have any hotel recommendations? Preferably within walking distance of the venue?

Aww, that's too bad.

We've been talking a bit about hotel and related plans in this thread:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19560

Okay so I was at ACL Music Fest this weekend (aka thebestthingever :teehee:) and I went to about three signings. Now I've got the "trick" down--you get about 15 seconds and you just have to talk and talk and talk. So for all the bands I went to, I just made small talk ('how are you liking Texas,' 'how's the weather,' 'great show,' etc) but with M this really MATTERS.

So what do I sayyy? :shocked:

Please excuse the :fangurl:. Like, this is the stuff that keeps me up at night.

Okay so I was at ACL Music Fest this weekend (aka thebestthingever :teehee:) and I went to about three signings. Now I've got the "trick" down--you get about 15 seconds and you just have to talk and talk and talk. So for all the bands I went to, I just made small talk ('how are you liking Texas,' 'how's the weather,' 'great show,' etc) but with M this really MATTERS.

So what do I sayyy? :shocked:

Please excuse the :fangurl:. Like, this is the stuff that keeps me up at night.

It does help to have an idea of one "point" in your head that you want to get acros to him. If he's talking to fans and signing things post gig - and of course, we don't know for sure that will happen, but IF it does - it happens quite quickly.

So maybe you want to tell him that you love his socks, or that Rain is better live than on the CD, or just that he is, in fact, the greatest thing since sliced bread. Wait until the day of the gig, then ask yourself, what one point is on my mind? Then focus on telling him that one point. :biggrin2:

I have not received one ticket for one gig and my first gig is on Monday. :aah:

oh poop! :aah:

for this show:

Is anyone down with full-on dressing up with us? (Like Halloween dress up/costumes)

My sister & her bf originally wanted to dress up b/c they are both working late the following Saturday, aka Halloween, & want to use their costumes. And slowly, we became set on it.

I think it'll be fun and im sure there are people here who are up to it! Nothing really new for mika shows.

So to whoever is down, we'll be ready! :thumb_yello:

Maybe make it a mini All Hallows' Eve party queue?:groovy:

oh poop! :aah:

for this show:

Is anyone down with full-on dressing up with us? (Like Halloween dress up/costumes)

My sister & her bf originally wanted to dress up b/c they are both working late the following Saturday, aka Halloween, & want to use their costumes. And slowly, we became set on it.

I think it'll be fun and im sure there are people here who are up to it! Nothing really new for mika shows.

So to whoever is down, we'll be ready! :thumb_yello:

Maybe make it a mini All Hallows' Eve party queue?:groovy:

Been thinking about it. :fisch: I have a few costumes that would work as mubbins, but I think that'd be TOO much.

Who knows. :teehee:

good that you mention the dressing up, i was wondering that too. :wink2: i'm currently considering options from just some face glitter to a costume similar to the dancers in the biotg vid. well, if i can do it, not sure bout that yet. but IF i manage to create such a costume, i don't wanna be the only one there looking completely ridiculous. :naughty: so would love to know how much everyone else is dressing up. :biggrin2:

I'm bringing facepaint in Mikasounds-ish colours (black, white, blue, purple, gold, and two kinds of glitter) to the Toronto gig.

If that seems to work out well, I may just do that again for these Cali dates. Anyone crazy enough to do that with me is welcome to do so. :biggrin2:

just found a make-up glue on the internet that stays on even if you're sweating... might go for the stones/sequins thing then... :naughty: (then we'll see if mika also wants a pic of me, or if it was in fact the dutch guy himself and not his stones make up that M wanted a photo of! :lmao:)

Looks like the opening act is going to be "Gary Go" according to the Fox website. Honestly have to say that when I went to his website, I thought the guy was a mutation of Buddy Holly and Where's Waldo. Just an interesting sidenote...:winksmiley02:

The only ticket I received is the one that I ordered from Ticketmaster...my tixs from Sandbag haven't arrived yet. Though I remember years ago, you had to wait like until 3 days before your concert to get tickets in the mail. Been noticing the change in the last few years.

That brings up another thing, I will have an extra ticket to sell, just don't know yet if it will be the GA or reserved seat I'll sell. So it's up for anyone who still needs a ticket at face value. :wink2:

Looks like the opening act is going to be "Gary Go" according to the Fox website. Honestly have to say that when I went to his website, I thought the guy was a mutation of Buddy Holly and Where's Waldo. Just an interesting sidenote...:winksmiley02:

At least I actually know one of his songs. I usually have no clue who the opening act is :naughty:

I'm bringing facepaint in Mikasounds-ish colours (black, white, blue, purple, gold, and two kinds of glitter) to the Toronto gig.

If that seems to work out well, I may just do that again for these Cali dates. Anyone crazy enough to do that with me is welcome to do so. :biggrin2:

PLEASE BRING IT!:wub2::biggrin2:

We wore bright colored facepaint at our first gig. Might as well make it a California tradition. I may get someone to take me to a craft store beforehand.

just found a make-up glue on the internet that stays on even if you're sweating... might go for the stones/sequins thing then... :naughty: (then we'll see if mika also wants a pic of me, or if it was in fact the dutch guy himself and not his stones make up that M wanted a photo of! :lmao:)

Oh really? It's not expensive is it? I may have to look into that.

Because exactly, then he'll want pictures. :naughty:

PLEASE BRING IT!:wub2::biggrin2:

We wore bright colored facepaint at our first gig. Might as well make it a California tradition. I may get someone to take me to a craft store beforehand.

I remember that. And Mika did, too - didn't he say something about it after the gig? :wub2:

Oh really? It's not expensive is it? I may have to look into that.

Because exactly, then he'll want pictures. :naughty:

i wouldn't bet on that... :naughty:

the glue is called Mastix, it's based on a resin with that name and is used also by professionals for special effects. ok there are glues that are more professional and more expensive, but this one was only 5 euro (for a small bottle), and guess it'll do for my purpose. well, hope so. :bleh: though you have to spend another 5 euro on the glue remover, cause as it's resistant to sweat you can't wash it off with water. :bleh:

Ahhh! Just got a brand spankin' new job. Free flights around the US, yes! I do believe that I will have ONE of the dates off, either Oakland or LA. I will try my darndest (and max out my credit card on the hotel and ticket) to be there!

Ahhh! Just got a brand spankin' new job. Free flights around the US, yes! I do believe that I will have ONE of the dates off, either Oakland or LA. I will try my darndest (and max out my credit card on the hotel and ticket) to be there!

Good luck, hope to see you there! :thumb_yello:

Welcome! Fingers crossed that you can be there. Have you seen Mika live before?

Darn. I finally have (kind of) enough money for this gig! But now the tickets are $100 bucks. I don't think it would be smart to still try to go for it... :huh:

Doesn't Superstar have 2 spares? Check the extra ticket thread before you give up.