Mika in Oakland, CA at Fox Theater

lollipop_monkey

Darn. I finally have (kind of) enough money for this gig! But now the tickets are $100 bucks. I don't think it would be smart to still try to go for it... :huh:

.......Though it would be tons of fun. :teehee:

:shocked:

I'm sure you can find a spare :boing:

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome! Fingers crossed that you can be there. Have you seen Mika live before?

Just once, at the London show this past June. I've never been able to afford to travel and to my recollection, he never made it through the Texas/Oklahoma area. :)

If that seems to work out well, I may just do that again for these Cali dates. Anyone crazy enough to do that with me is welcome to do so. :biggrin2:

I'll paint my face up. I plan on wearing a costume but i can do my face to go with my character.

I have black-light face paint, don't know if he'll use any, but even in normal light the colors look super cool. I'll use/bring those.

good that you mention the dressing up, i was wondering that too. :wink2: i'm currently considering options from just some face glitter to a costume similar to the dancers in the biotg vid. well, if i can do it, not sure bout that yet. but IF i manage to create such a costume, i don't wanna be the only one there looking completely ridiculous. :naughty: so would love to know how much everyone else is dressing up. :biggrin2:

Dont worry, you wont be the only one looking ridiculous. :teehee:

But i say don't worry & go BIG :thumb_yello:. You can glitter up your face AND have a cute costume. I think the biotg costume will be super cute.

Been thinking about it. :fisch: I have a few costumes that would work as mubbins, but I think that'd be TOO much.

Who knows. :teehee:

:naughty: I think a mubbin-esque costume would be PERFECT.

I have a gorilla costume i was thinking about using but then I realized i'd pass out.

right now, im set on Wonder Woman. Mainly because of the boot tops. :teehee:

Ahhh! Just got a brand spankin' new job. Free flights around the US, yes! I do believe that I will have ONE of the dates off, either Oakland or LA. I will try my darndest (and max out my credit card on the hotel and ticket) to be there!

Yes yes yes! This would be the most amazing thing ever!

Together we could convince him to come to the Lone Star State! :roftl:

Doesn't Superstar have 2 spares? Check the extra ticket thread before you give up.

Nope, not anymore. :wink2:

Just once, at the London show this past June. I've never been able to afford to travel and to my recollection, he never made it through the Texas/Oklahoma area. :)

He was at South By South West in Austin 2007, but that was ages ago! He'd better come back. :teehee:

Darn. I finally have (kind of) enough money for this gig! But now the tickets are $100 bucks. I don't think it would be smart to still try to go for it... :huh:

.......Though it would be tons of fun. :teehee:

DAPPOKREWPO#@R)(USDU

PLEASE! :wub2:

Ahh, cool! I was at that London show too, along with Christine. It was freakin' awesome. :wub2:

Keep us posted! :biggrin2:

Dont worry, you wont be the only one looking ridiculous. :teehee:

But i say don't worry & go BIG :thumb_yello:. You can glitter up your face AND have a cute costume. I think the biotg costume will be super cute.

well, changed my plans, won't have time to create something elaborate... but i'll find something else. :bleh: sequins/stones in the face for sure! :biggrin2:

well, changed my plans, won't have time to create something elaborate... but i'll find something else. :bleh: sequins/stones in the face for sure! :biggrin2:

Well it sounds like Mika has taken to drooling on Haribo and sticking that on his face, so that should be easy enough. :teehee:

Well it sounds like Mika has taken to drooling on Haribo and sticking that on his face, so that should be easy enough. :teehee:

yeah, i tweeted him this morning whether candy is the new stones make up. :naughty: but i'll stick with the sequins, as haribo doesn't glitter. :mf_rosetinted:

lol i know those haribo roulette things, they have a form like a suction cup, easy to stick them to your face, lol! :roftl:

He was at South By South West in Austin 2007, but that was ages ago! He'd better come back. :teehee:

Right, I spent the spring of 2007 living in Florida, of course. I made it my duty to avoid knowing what I was missing during SXSW. Anyway, I never got to go to SXSW as my college had its spring break a different week than UT so it always conflicted!

Ahh, cool! I was at that London show too, along with Christine. It was freakin' awesome. :wub2:

Keep us posted! :biggrin2:

It really was! I had no idea what to expect and got incredibly lost wandering around by myself looking for Sadler's Well and then nearly missed the last train back to the suburb I was staying in. Totally worth it though. I think I stuck out like the sore thumb though, typical young American backpacker while everyone else looked rather fancy and nice.

I think I stuck out like the sore thumb though, typical young American backpacker while everyone else looked rather fancy and nice.

We are so used to huddling in sleeping bags in an alleyway in Brixton to get into one of Mika's London shows that we made an effort to look half decent for an all-seated show for a change. :roftl:

The Sadler's Wells show was June 8, by the way...just in case that's what you meant in your signature. :wink2:

We are so used to huddling in sleeping bags in an alleyway in Brixton to get into one of Mika's London shows that we made an effort to look half decent for an all-seated show for a change. :roftl:

The Sadler's Wells show was June 8, by the way...just in case that's what you meant in your signature. :wink2:

And this is why I should not be online after 2am. Thanks! I knew something looked wrong but I just don't even realize it. I knew that!

Right, I spent the spring of 2007 living in Florida, of course. I made it my duty to avoid knowing what I was missing during SXSW. Anyway, I never got to go to SXSW as my college had its spring break a different week than UT so it always conflicted!

I know! I'm always out of town during SXSW but it's SUCH a big event. I really should try to go one of these years.

Then again, it's some pretty hardcore music fan stuff. :naughty:

Just got email saying the tickets for the Oakland show are dispatched and should be arriving soon.

I got one of these too! That's the big confusion--I thought I hadn't ordered the tickets (no credit card charge, no email, no nothing) so we bought more, but then we get this mystery email from Sandbag. So we MAY have 6 tickets. Who knows. :shocked: