Mika in Oakland, CA at Fox Theater

lollipop_monkey

bought some stuff today to stick to my face... :biggrin2: have sequins now and stones, will decide on the day of the show what it'll look like, but think for oakland i'll use the flower-shaped stones... after all, oakland is right next to san francisco, and "if you're going to san francisco, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair" (or face :naughty:) :bleh:

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know! I'm always out of town during SXSW but it's SUCH a big event. I really should try to go one of these years.

Then again, it's some pretty hardcore music fan stuff. :naughty:

I went this year! It was so great. I just did the free shows and parties so I probably spent a total of $20 for 4 days. It's intense, but totally worth it. :)

bought some stuff today to stick to my face... :biggrin2: have sequins now and stones, will decide on the day of the show what it'll look like, but think for oakland i'll use the flower-shaped stones... after all, oakland is right next to san francisco, and "if you're going to san francisco, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair" (or face :naughty:) :bleh:

Excellent! I can't wait. :fangurl:

I got one of these too! That's the big confusion--I thought I hadn't ordered the tickets (no credit card charge, no email, no nothing) so we bought more, but then we get this mystery email from Sandbag. So we MAY have 6 tickets. Who knows. :shocked:

Have you guys all received an email from sandbag that the tickets are dispatched? Because I didn't and I'm scared I won't receive the tickets before I'm leaving for SF.

I just got an email from Sandbag. There's a problem with my tickets because I live in Belgium. If they post them they won't be in time in, so I'll have to collext them at the box office :boxed:

Do you know the box office is open before the doors, because I don't wanna queue all day if I can't get in with you guys anyway?

I just got an email from Sandbag. There's a problem with my tickets because I live in Belgium. If they post them they won't be in time in, so I'll have to collext them at the box office :boxed:

Do you know the box office is open before the doors, because I don't wanna queue all day if I can't get in with you guys anyway?

It's open 2 hours before the show.

http://www.thefoxoakland.com/faqs.html?KeepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=400&width=600

Gosh, is this thing going to start all over again? :sneaky2:

Gosh, is this thing going to start all over again? :sneaky2:

Oh it already has. At least they told Katrien straight out that they weren't going to deliver them.

A friend has had their tickets redirected to a Canadian address so they could be delivered on time and they still haven't arrived yet, so it's off to the box office anyway.

Will one of you lovely folks help me decorate/paint my face if I decide not to wear my costume? :aah: I can't make up my mind! I got a supercute costume, but I have a ridiculous looking walking cast on my foot that doesn't match it! :roftl:

You know it! We have a whole day to fix the mess ups, too, judging by how long we are planning to queue. :naughty:

I remember that. And Mika did, too - didn't he say something about it after the gig? :wub2:

YES HE DID. And I shall never forget it.:fangurl:

i wouldn't bet on that... :naughty:

the glue is called Mastix, it's based on a resin with that name and is used also by professionals for special effects. ok there are glues that are more professional and more expensive, but this one was only 5 euro (for a small bottle), and guess it'll do for my purpose. well, hope so. :bleh: though you have to spend another 5 euro on the glue remover, cause as it's resistant to sweat you can't wash it off with water. :bleh:

Yeah, I bought self sticking gems for my face, but i hope they can stick by themselves, if not i'll get me some spirit gum, we used it in drama performances to stick wigs on.

Yeah, I bought self sticking gems for my face, but i hope they can stick by themselves, if not i'll get me some spirit gum, we used it in drama performances to stick wigs on.

yup, that's the one i have as well. it's called mastix, but probably that's the name of the company, it also says "spirit gum" on the package. :bleh: tried it today, had a flower-shaped stone stuck to my forehead for the whole day while packing my bags and doing housework. holds perfectly. :biggrin2: just a bit hard to get off, even with that remover thing. :blink:

Edited by mellody

ok u guys.... im still tempted... :blush-anim-cl:

im going to check if i can get a ride from LA and a cheap place to stay... with someone hopefully... MAYBE ill do it.... :teehee:

i just have a feeling that after the LA gig ill be sad i cant do it again ... and i want to do it mostly because of all u going... should be fun!

ick.... if u have suggestions on how i can save money on this let me know!

I'd like to hear some advice too! I'm flying in and would need a rental car I guess, but since I'm under 25, I simply can't afford that. Does anyone know if there's like a Motel 6 or Super 8 within walking distance of the venue so I could just do a taxi to and from the airport maybe?

I'd like to hear some advice too! I'm flying in and would need a rental car I guess, but since I'm under 25, I simply can't afford that. Does anyone know if there's like a Motel 6 or Super 8 within walking distance of the venue so I could just do a taxi to and from the airport maybe?

I think the For Theater website has a list of close hotels/motels in the area.

yup, that's the one i have as well. it's called mastix, but probably that's the name of the company, it also says "spirit gum" on the package. :bleh: tried it today, had a flower-shaped stone stuck to my forehead for the whole day while packing my bags and doing housework. holds perfectly. :biggrin2: just a bit hard to get off, even with that remover thing. :blink:

Ah OK, that's immeidately what i thought of when you mentioned it. Cool, glad to know it works.

It is quite difficult to remove, i always felt so bad for the performers who had to rip it off night after night. But hey, anything for Mika right?:biggrin2:

Will one of you lovely folks help me decorate/paint my face if I decide not to wear my costume? :aah: I can't make up my mind! I got a supercute costume, but I have a ridiculous looking walking cast on my foot that doesn't match it! :roftl:

ppppppaaaaaaaaatttttttttttyyyyyyyyy why do you HATE me?? :aah: j/k

Whats the costume that you wanted to wear?

You know it! We have a whole day to fix the mess ups, too, judging by how long we are planning to queue. :naughty:

love your sig! :biggrin2:

i dont know, right now i feel like i dont want to enter any "Reports" threads for the next 12 days. I probably will.....tonight, but right now i say i wont. :teehee:

I think the For Theater website has a list of close hotels/motels in the area.

Yeah, but they only list "nice" hotels, no establishment would list a Motel 6 on their website, simply not a reputable place for their guests. They'll want to put themselves in a better light. :) Was trying to see if any locals had advice. Thanks anyway!

I'd be flying into Oakland. And yeah, I can search priceline and whatnot, just wanted to see if any locals had advice since they know the area and transport system best! My only concern about relying on Bart to get around after the show is that the last train leaves around 12:30 and I don't want to be stranded if the show runs late or wandering around somewhere I don't know alone that late on a Sat night!

ppppppaaaaaaaaatttttttttttyyyyyyyyy why do you HATE me?? :aah: j/k

Whats the costume that you wanted to wear?

Hahaha! well the costume is a 50's carhop waitress, and I loooove it. but I am afraid I will feel ridiculous with my cast on! I think it will just depend on my self-confidence level on the day of the show. :aah: