Win a private piano lesson with MIKA & other merch - North American fans

Blue Sky

• Replies 500
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's horrible! :tears: Soon I will have been unemployed for 4 months. I got contacted by a chain photo studio for an interview. Definitely not glamourous work but it would have paid the bills! I traveled 13 hours to where they were holding it and then I got an email later saying that I didn't meet their credentials and wasn't qualified. It baffled me because I was beyond qualified with the training I have and they hire people who don't know how to use a camera. As it turns out those studios don't want photographers (and actually told one of my classmates they don't want photographers even thought they list that they do on their sites.) They wanted pushy sales people so they teach them how to take (bad) photos then they pressure people into buying them. :no:

Then another one contacted me when I was visiting my ill grandmother. Instead of spending more time with her I rushed home to contact the person and wait. I heard back and had to make travel arrangements then call the person back. I was about to book plane tickets but good thing I didn't because she never contacted me back. :sneaky2:

Then yet another one contacted me and wanted me to travel all around Tennessee but paid practically nothing. When I told her I couldn't take it because it didn't pay enough to live on she was all, "I didn't think you would" in a snotty tone. Why call me then? :naughty:

I wonder if our economy will ever get better? :dunno: Someone I know who has been working for years just lost her job and is now living back with her parents. :(

What kind of job are you going for?

Oh my gosh how exciting!!!! Congrats!! :woot_jump:

That's pretty crummy!

I really wish you some good fortune in the direction.

Until then take care.

That's pretty crummy!

I really wish you some good fortune in the direction.

Until then take care.

Aww thanks!

Not long ago I found out horror stories about how they treat their workers so that's the only good thing about it not working out. They yell at them a lot (which all the people I talked to were rude to me,) they make them work through breaks and their lunch break (one doesn't have a break room,) and the turnover rate is high because they fire them if they don't meet their sales goal. :shocked:

Frustrating though but when it's meant to be something will come along!

Until then I just need to not pull out my hair and there needs to not be anymore tours announced from my favorite bands because I'm going insane! :aah::lmfao: I'm slightly happy a 2010 US Mika tour hasn't been announced yet. I hope I'm settled some place and making money before then. :teehee:

Ooooh so lucky! You won't start out in mega debt! :naughty: I wish my last school had scholarships that I could have applied to but there wasn't any. Thank goodness I can defer my loan payments until I get a job.

Does your college have jobs you can apply for or are they all work study? All of ours were work study and since my family wasn't broke I was never eligible to apply. :aah:

Probably but my family isn't poor either so I wont be able to apply:naughty:

Thank you!

I got word from Dcdeb by the way, everything's worked out and I was able to send them the email!

I'm so excited!! :roll1:

Good luck for the next round:biggrin2:

:yay:

I'm so glad an MFCer has won, even if you've only been an MFCer for a couple of hours. :roftl:

:roftl:

All I hope its all MFCers that win:naughty:

Ok, please clarify UPS mail? I am confussled???:boxed: LOL

UPS as in would be arriving in the Brown trucks?

Or mail would be as in US Postal service???

Thanks!

Brown truck:wink2:

ups_truck.jpg

Hi! I didn't know how to check the @messages on twitter so I just saw it. I got it in the mail today with a vinyl of We Are Golden :)

The biggest problem though is that the email given to send my contact info doesn't work! So I don't know what's going to happen.

If anyone else has a ticket pleeeeeease let me know what you did!

Thank you :)

Oh! And it was by UPS mail too, I dunno if that matters but I thought I'd mention it, just in case you're not home or something :).

Congrats! :clap:

That's so great--an MFCer won!

It's great that you spread the news to us--this is such a huge mystery.

Good luck to everyone else! :wub2:

OMG, the suspense is killing me!!

UPS just brought a priority envelope to me at work and I got all excited only to find pen samples.

So I asked him if he delivered anything to my house and he said he DID!!!!

I was quizzing him about the size and weight etc... He tried to get the tracking number so I could see where it came from...

He was getting a real kick outta me!

One more hour before I get home!

I hope.... I hope... I hope.....

UPS just brought a priority envelope to me at work and I got all excited only to find pen samples.

I was quizzing him about the size and weight etc... He tried to get the tracking number so I could see where it came from...

Oh wow! :shocked:

Good luck! Although I'll be a bit bummed if they're handing them out on the west coast already because it means I'm outta luck. :naughty:

Oh wow! :shocked:

Good luck! Although I'll be a bit bummed if they're handing them out on the west coast already because it means I'm outta luck. :naughty:

:sad: Same here. I'm hoping for tomorrow:biggrin2:

:shocked:

GOOD LUCK!

Hey guys....... u know how MikaSounds mentions that people who got through the first round will get 1500 points (or something like that)...

so, does anyone who won the golden ticket already got the points, or not yet? (I thought that might be another way to know whether or not you win a golden ticket, and hopefully the points are not added yet).

If the points have not been added to the winners' accounts, I am still keeping my hopes up for Friday...haha.

Where you at???

We're waiting in suspense, too. :teehee:

You and Andrew going to fight over the piano lesson? :roftl:

If Andrew was put into a situation where Mika was to teach him to play piano, he'd get all tongue-tied and fangirly and might possibly wet himself. :roftl:

He's such a fangurl. Just look at the lurve between them. :wub2::teehee:

MikaandRoo.jpg

If Andrew was put into a situation where Mika was to teach him to play piano, he'd get all tongue-tied and fangirly and might possibly wet himself. :roftl:

He's such a fangurl. Just look at the lurve between them. :wub2::teehee:

MikaandRoo.jpg

He...soundslikeme. :teehee:

But my favorite picture is this one.

It's just a priceless moment.

IMG_2288-2.jpg?t=1255049690

Ok, please clarify UPS mail? I am confussled???:boxed: LOL

UPS as in would be arriving in the Brown trucks?

Or mail would be as in US Postal service???

Thanks!

UPS as in the brown trucks :)

I had to sign for it.

Sniff...snifff

My package was only a box of muffins!:mad3:

Is there possibly still some hope??

:doh:

It's so sad lol. btw what KIND of muffins? There is a house identical to mine one house over and I was singing loudly and not paying attention to where I was going and I drove past my own house. There was a flat UPS box sitting on their stoop and I freaked out for about a minute before I realized.. oooh wait that's not my house.

I'm just happy we've heard word of someone winning. It was making me anxious when no one had heard any news at all.

Sniff...snifff

My package was only a box of muffins!:mad3:

Is there possibly still some hope??

:doh:

Aww no! I thought for sure you had won!

Aww. Probably the only time in your life that a delivery of muffins would actually be disappointing. :naughty:

:roftl:

Before we knew how things were being delivered I got all excited because there was a big envelope in my mailbox...

Then I was disappointed because it was my TBWKTM album...

Then I got excited because it was my TBWKTM album.

Pathetic moment it was. :aah: