CHANGED DATE: Mika in Amsterdam, Netherlands at Heineken Hall

Christine

Thank youvery much for your advice :-)

One last question: I was thinking about buying the I Amsterdam Card because I`m going to stay in Amsterdam for three days. It includes free transports. I couldnt figure out if this includes the subway, too. Somehow I dont get the transport system in Amsterdam :boxed::aah: Do you know anything about this?

I'd never heard of that card before, but I looked it up and it does include the subway (but they call it 'metro' on this website). It doesn't include the train though.

And yes, the transport system in Amsterdam is pretty confusing, especially since they're in the middle of changing it. It's very annoying. :aah:

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'd never heard of that card before, but I looked it up and it does include the subway (but they call it 'metro' on this website). It doesn't include the train though.

And yes, the transport system in Amsterdam is pretty confusing, especially since they're in the middle of changing it. It's very annoying. :aah:

You are saying exactly the opposite from me :roftl:. Obviously not every one feels the same about it. You are probably talking about changing to the OV chipkaart, I don't like that either. I still don't have one :blink:.

(Just remember that when you take the subway in Amsterdam, you're gonna have to use a public transport chipcard).

you need a chipcard? :blink: i just gotta get from the station to the venue, do i have to buy a chipcard for that, aren't there any single one-way tickets? :blink:

Really? They don't want small big girls at all anymore?

seems like it. :dunno: at least in paris.

Thanks a lot for explaining! I like that system, sounds good!

(I am not sure if Ingie and FD are doing the number thing, I just thought I read smt like that.)

We are because we're awesome and early:mf_rosetinted:

You are saying exactly the opposite from me :roftl:. Obviously not every one feels the same about it. You are probably talking about changing to the OV chipkaart, I don't like that either. I still don't have one :blink:.

Yeah, that's what I mean. And being a student, I'm forced to use the damn thing. :aah:

But otherwise the system is fine. If you're used to it, that is. I've seen a lot of tourists completely boggled by just the sight of a tram. :teehee:

you need a chipcard? :blink: i just gotta get from the station to the venue, do i have to buy a chipcard for that, aren't there any single one-way tickets? :blink:

I believe it's possible to just buy a chipcard for a day at the subway station.

Kiddos, anyone willing to join in with the Alice gift?:mf_rosetinted:

The book & cd thing?

Yeah, that sounds cool. I'm in. ^^

I replied to you twice :naughty:

OOPS!

Sorry, went out, should have checked my replies:naughty:

Got it!

My coach leaves at 7.30pm, on Saturday,will that be a problem?

The book and cd?

Me and the egg will join :thumb_yello:

The book is not necessary, apart from your drawings:naughty:

I just bought this cd:

e79f818e70.jpeg

It was 20 euros, so kinda expensive, so if we all join in:roftl:

Besides, Roseeey do you have any idea whatcha gonna do yet? Gonna go for the facepaint tomorrow and I need to have a guidance as to which colours. Miek, I've got you covered:biggrin2:

Yeah, that's what I mean. And being a student, I'm forced to use the damn thing. :aah:

But otherwise the system is fine. If you're used to it, that is. I've seen a lot of tourists completely boggled by just the sight of a tram. :teehee:

I believe it's possible to just buy a chipcard for a day at the subway station.

The book & cd thing?

Yeah, that sounds cool. I'm in. ^^

I just need a single ticket from Amstel station to Bijlmer ArenA, do I need a chipcard for that?

I just bought this cd:

e79f818e70.jpeg

Besides, Roseeey do you have any idea whatcha gonna do yet? Gonna go for the facepaint tomorrow and I need to have a guidance as to which colours. Miek, I've got you covered:biggrin2:

I think the black and white, like we said, and can you get turqouise/blue for the stripes?

I just need a single ticket from Amstel station to Bijlmer ArenA, do I need a chipcard for that?

If you go by metro, yes. But as Nielo said, there are day (or even hour) chipcards availabe, they cost like 2 euro 60 or something like that.

If you go by train (which is possible as well) you can buy a train ticket (you have to have a credit card or something like that for that).

If you go by metro, yes. But as Nielo said, there are day (or even hour) chipcards availabe, they cost like 2 euro 60 or something like that.

If you go by train (which is possible as well) you can buy a train ticket (you have to have a credit card or something like that for that).

You do? :blink:

Paying cash is possible too, or you could buy it online.

Edited by Nielo

I'll get the 2 euros 60 one then, I think that's the one Bianca mentioned to me.

So that will be grey yeah:naughty: And yeah I shall get black and blue for the stripes:thumb_yello:

Cool, cheers:thumb_yello:

You do? :blink:

Paying cash is possible too, or you could buy it online.

Where I live you can't pay cash anymore. But there are stations where they have selling points with real people who sell tickets :bleh: so Rose will be allright. The internet option is great as well.

Where I live you can't pay cash anymore. But there are stations where they have selling points with real people who sell tickets :bleh: so Rose will be allright. The internet option is great as well.

Yeah, but the ticket machines (I'm having a complete black out concerning the translation of 'kaartautomaat' :roftl:) still accept cash too. (Although, only coins, so I see your point.)

I just bought this cd:

e79f818e70.jpeg

yeah, i'm in with 1 euro or so. :teehee: and what's that book then?

pfft, a chipcard for just a few stations by metro?! can you just buy them at normal ticket machines and pay cash there? don't wanna queue for ages at a counter to buy a stupid one-way-ticket! :aah:

I just bought this cd:

e79f818e70.jpeg

Yes, would like to participate too!