CHANGED DATE: Mika in Luxembourg City, Luxembourg at The Rockhal

Christine

I never understood why german is an official language tbh. I mean we all study it at school, okay but it's noone's first language (except for people with geman origins of course).

I think the last train leaves around midnight, the station is right behind the rockhal so it doesn't take long to get there. and your concert ticket is valid as a travel ticket :thumb_yello:

yeah I'm looking forward to it too!!

there are lots of luxembourgish students in freiburg. have you gotten to know any of them better?

I don't know what the best way to get to lux from amsterdam is, but have you tried the train via brussels yet? it "only" takes a bit more than 5 hours

thanx for the info. :thumb_yello: i know there are trains, but the german website doesn't tell me prices, and i can't buy the tickets there because it's foreign connections... :dunno: do you know a website where it tells me the connections from amsterdam and how much it is, and where i can book online?

not so good about that public transport though, if the last trains leaves at midnight, i guess mika only comes out at midnight to sign stuff. :aah: well, hope i'll find someone to share a taxi then. :rolls_eyes:

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just found a such a booking site - and a train http://onlineboeken.nshispeed.nl/microtips/display

On May 8, there is a connection from Amsterdam Centraal to Luxembourg which takes 06:46 hours. You only need to change trains once in Bruxelles.

And it's only 58,60 euros which is pretty much ok given the distance.

Station Time Train

Amsterdam Centraal V 05:54 IC - Brussel 9212

Brussel-Centraal A 08:38

Brussel-Centraal V 09:37 ic 2109

Luxembourg A 12:40

What do you think? Should we go for it?

thanx for the info. :thumb_yello: i know there are trains, but the german website doesn't tell me prices, and i can't buy the tickets there because it's foreign connections... :dunno: do you know a website where it tells me the connections from amsterdam and how much it is, and where i can book online?

not so good about that public transport though, if the last trains leaves at midnight, i guess mika only comes out at midnight to sign stuff. :aah: well, hope i'll find someone to share a taxi then. :rolls_eyes:

if I still have a spot in my car I can drive you to lux city, I'll have to go passed the city anyway to get home. taxis are really expensive :boxed:

I just found a such a booking site - and a train http://onlineboeken.nshispeed.nl/microtips/display

On May 8, there is a connection from Amsterdam Centraal to Luxembourg which takes 06:46 hours. You only need to change trains once in Bruxelles.

And it's only 58,60 euros which is pretty much ok given the distance.

Station Time Train

Amsterdam Centraal V 05:54 IC - Brussel 9212

Brussel-Centraal A 08:38

Brussel-Centraal V 09:37 ic 2109

Luxembourg A 12:40

What do you think? Should we go for it?

sounds ok... but i'd first like to hear from the others how they're getting there - maybe they do have a car? :dunno:

if I still have a spot in my car I can drive you to lux city, I'll have to go passed the city anyway to get home. taxis are really expensive :boxed:

that would be fab, thanx! :huglove:

• 4 weeks later...

wow! lucky there isn't a tennis match at the same time as this gig :roftl:

you'd be torn between 2 lovers! :aah:

Any spares to this one? Anyone? Just searching my options, haven't booked Amsterdam yet...

Aaaawww!!!! You should definitely come! :boing: I hope you find a ticket!

I second that. Hope you'll get a ticket! :thumb_yello:

Aaaawww!!!! You should definitely come! :boing: I hope you find a ticket!

I second that. Hope you'll get a ticket! :thumb_yello:

Awww, I would love to meet you guys again!! It looks it's sold out :aah: I try to find a ticket. I'm coming to Amsterdam and if there are trains... :wink2:

Hey, i just wanted to say that the Rockhal was in Esch/ Belval and not in luxembourg city. 25 km apart, esch is in the south of luxembourg while luxembourg city is in the centre...

C u there... Counting the days...

yeah I think I wrote that at the beginning of the thread, but it was never changed in the title. I guess for some people it's hard to understand that the country is big enough to have 2 different cities :aah:

yeah I think I wrote that at the beginning of the thread, but it was never changed in the title. I guess for some people it's hard to understand that the country is big enough to have 2 different cities :aah:

:naughty::roftl:

;) it's shocking how big it is;) sorry then the title was misleading me;)

for those who need a ride to lux city after signing i might be able to take 2 or 3 just have to see where i have to drive my sis...

I REAAALLLY WANT TO GO,but have no ticket,if anyone has an

[*]EXTRA TICKET...PLEASE PWEAZE LET ME KNOW!!:bow: thanky spanky xxx

http://www.luxbazar.lu/Ref2811281/080510-Esch-Belval:-Mika-120-Euros.htm

http://www.luxbazar.lu/Ref2847481/3-billets-pour-le-concert-de-MIKA-120-Euros.htm

http://www.luxbazar.lu/Ref2867891/Vds-Places-de-Concert-MIKA.htm

they sell them privately... between 40 and 75 euros :/

• 3 weeks later...

the tickets look cool, huh? much more interesting than the other ones i had for this tour, with that big MIKA on it! :wub2:

btw, any dresscode plans for luxembourg? is anyone planning to dress up? my thoughts were, either a superhero theme again, like in basel, or glow-in-the-dark / neon, because he has that fab uv light that also reaches the first rows for several songs, or the other idea i had, but that probably doesn't make sense anymore now, to stick or draw teardrops on our face - i thought because of his own rain/teardrops drawings and because it was the last gig of this tour, but it isn't anymore now, since lisbon has been rescheduled.

anyway, i guess i'd prefer the glow-in-the-dark/neon theme. :biggrin2: if you don't wanna do much, you could just wear something white, that'd glow too. :bleh:

the tickets look cool, huh? much more interesting than the other ones i had for this tour, with that big MIKA on it! :wub2:

btw, any dresscode plans for luxembourg? is anyone planning to dress up? my thoughts were, either a superhero theme again, like in basel, or glow-in-the-dark / neon, because he has that fab uv light that also reaches the first rows for several songs, or the other idea i had, but that probably doesn't make sense anymore now, to stick or draw teardrops on our face - i thought because of his own rain/teardrops drawings and because it was the last gig of this tour, but it isn't anymore now, since lisbon has been rescheduled.

anyway, i guess i'd prefer the glow-in-the-dark/neon theme. :biggrin2: if you don't wanna do much, you could just wear something white, that'd glow too. :bleh:

I'll be in my usual pink get-up :biggrin2: I was thinking of painting a mask with my UV paints too, we'll see...

Edit: Does anyone know if I stand a chance of getting back to Luxembourg City after the gig with public transport?

Edited by Nezza

I'll be in my usual pink get-up :biggrin2: I was thinking of painting a mask with my UV paints too, we'll see...

Edit: Does anyone know if I stand a chance of getting back to Luxembourg City after the gig with public transport?

here's the train schedule to get to Lux. city. the last one leaves at 12:11 am :wink2:

http://www.mobiliteit.lu/pdf/PDF_2010/MIKArockhal2010.pdf