Mika in Madrid, Spain at Palacio De Los Deportes

Christine

Oh yes, I know the song, they translated it into Spanish: "la lluvia en Sevilla es una maravilla":roftl:

I know it will be warm for you, I remember you standing 5 min in the sun and turning all red!!!:aah: It won't be sooooo hot this time, it'll be nice and warm, the best time to come to Spain.

:roftl::roftl:

5 minutes in the sun and that was with a factor 10000 sun tan cream , I almost need paint on me .. I shall get some sun exposure in the next few weeks .. Wow though it was MEGA hot then hun .. middle of summer wasnt it :shocked:

la lluvia en Sevilla es una maravilla :wub2: .. sounds so nice

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes in the sun and that was with a factor 10000 sun tan cream , I almost need paint on me .. I shall get some sun exposure in the next few weeks .. Wow though it was MEGA hot then hun .. middle of summer wasnt it :shocked:

la lluvia en Sevilla es una maravilla :wub2: .. sounds so nice

I'll never forget it:roftl: I left you 5 min to check on the restaurant and when I came back I saw a big standing lobster! :lmao: (nice and charming one, mind you, no ofense!:roftl:). But yes: it was in mid July, and that's the worst month to be in Madrid, we had 45ºC at midday!! And you did great:biggrin2: :huglove:

It means "the rain in Seville is a wonder", but it rhimes in Spanish:wink2:

I'll never forget it:roftl: I left you 5 min to check on the restaurant and when I came back I saw a big standing lobster! :lmao: (nice and charming one, mind you, no ofense!:roftl:). But yes: it was in mid July, and that's the worst month to be in Madrid, we had 45ºC at midday!! And you did great:biggrin2: :huglove:

It means "the rain in Seville is a wonder", but it rhimes in Spanish:wink2:

Yeh phew that was scary .. mad dogs and English men in the mid day sun :roftl:

I just hope I dont need a coat! I will be happy with that :biggrin2:

<Ive never been called a charming lobster before>:aah:

Yeh phew that was scary .. mad dogs and English men in the mid day sun :roftl:

I just hope I dont need a coat! I will be happy with that :biggrin2:

<Ive never been called a charming lobster before>:aah:

Yes it was, even for us Madrid girls! I remember you said you understood why I hate summer:naughty:

I don't think you'll need a coat, maybe a light jacket or a sweater for the evenings, nothing more.

Of course you've never been called that! How many people have seen you like that? I mean people with an imagination as wild as mine:biggrin2:

Yes it was, even for us Madrid girls! I remember you said you understood why I hate summer:naughty:

I don't think you'll need a coat, maybe a light jacket or a sweater for the evenings, nothing more.

Of course you've never been called that! How many people have seen you like that? I mean people with an imagination as wild as mine:biggrin2:

Hmmm not many :naughty:

Yeh that blazing heat constant phew .. kinda draining .. saying that , at a gig when the night draws in and its still warm.. that is sooo nice:wub2:

Did anyone already book an hotel , i am hesitant about the 2 links given by BQ?

I would really like to bring you these Mikabottles but i travel by plane...

I can take the risk but with empty bottles ( 250 ml , there are very small).

Awwww i would love to have a Mikabottle, that's so sweet . <3

I need regular weather updates from you missy ... I need to choose my factor suntan cream:naughty:

Yes i need one too, for Barcelona as well, as believe it or not i have already started to make my list of things to take....such a crazy perfectionist, planing way ahead. :aah::roftl:

Asun, are the places you gave us the links for near the venue?

Are there other places nearer?

Any given hotel nearer the venue?

Wot's more expensive these days? To hire a car at the airport or take the taxi all day long???

Gracias...:huglove:

Willywonka: i booked easily at the firts venue BQ gave us: Maria Alcazar ( page11 i believe), they just answered me that they had a problem with water, so they offer me another place near.

so i am going to choose the second one?!

Willywonka: i booked easily at the firts venue BQ gave us: Maria Alcazar ( page11 i believe), they just answered me that they had a problem with water, so they offer me another place near.

so i am going to choose the second one?!

So, i found a special offer at the Novotel where i was for the first gig, it seems really near from the venue , and above all i have a bus which leads me to the Airport.

72 euros.:thumb_yello:

Oh, cool, would u give me the link so i can check room availability?

I'd need a double as my husbands going with me, he's planning some meeting there by then...

Just not sure yet as customers hadn't set any dates yet...Bastards...:sneaky2:

I've been away all day, and don't have much time right now, but I've read about the hotel and have to say NOVOTEL IS VERY FAR FROM THE VENUE The venue is in the city centre and those two links I posted are at a reasonable distance. I don't know any cheap hotel near by, but with the metro you are there in less than 10 minutes.

About the renting of a car, I don't think you need that, there is a direct metro line from the airport to the city centre: it's the fastest, cheapest way to move around. I'll post a link to the metro map tomorrow, ok?:thumb_yello:

Hotel.com : novotel campo de los naciones , there are double rooms, it's a special price .

I'll check it, thanks...:wink2:

Even though Asun says it's too far, i'll be checking every possibility...:dunno:

I've been away all day, and don't have much time right now, but I've read about the hotel and have to say NOVOTEL IS VERY FAR FROM THE VENUE The venue is in the city centre and those two links I posted are at a reasonable distance. I don't know any cheap hotel near by, but with the metro you are there in less than 10 minutes.

About the renting of a car, I don't think you need that, there is a direct metro line from the airport to the city centre: it's the fastest, cheapest way to move around. I'll post a link to the metro map tomorrow, ok?:thumb_yello:

Here's the metro map:

http://prs.metromadrid.es/metro/mapametrofull.asp?lang=en

The venue is in GOYA station (lines 2 -red- and 4 -brown-). I don't remember where those hostels are, but I'm sure you can find info on that in their sites.

Muchas gracias, guapa...:thumb_yello:

Thank you BQ, even it's far from the venue, it's close to the airport , important for me.

So i'll ask the reception to give me the right way.When i was on the site , Palacio de los deportes didn't seem so far..i always had a great sense of orientation...:mf_rosetinted:

Here's the metro map:

http://prs.metromadrid.es/metro/mapametrofull.asp?lang=en

The venue is in GOYA station (lines 2 -red- and 4 -brown-). I don't remember where those hostels are, but I'm sure you can find info on that in their sites.

I know that map tooo well :naughty: I remember when I first back packed around spain , myself and my friend didnt really know where to go .. so we headed for sol! .. I think we did pretty well:biggrin2:

Muchas gracias, guapa...:thumb_yello:

¡De nada! :thumb_yello:

Thank you BQ, even it's far from the venue, it's close to the airport , important for me.

So i'll ask the reception to give me the right way.When i was on the site , Palacio de los deportes didn't seem so far..i always had a great sense of orientation...:mf_rosetinted:

You're very welcome. Yes, it's close to the airport, but NOTHING MORE, this is important. And the Palacio de los Deportes is not the venue he played in last time you were here with us, that's the one which was close to the hotel, not this one. This one is in the city centre, quite far from the hotel, keep this in mind!

¡De nada! :thumb_yello:

You're very welcome. Yes, it's close to the airport, but NOTHING MORE, this is important. And the Palacio de los Deportes is not the venue he played in last time you were here with us, that's the one which was close to the hotel, not this one. This one is in the city centre, quite far from the hotel, keep this in mind!

Was that where the festival place was ?:wub2:

Awwww, well done you two, smart guys!:biggrin2:

Yessssssssssss ............. this is true

Did I ever tell you this ... I came on a real budget that time and my friend "thought" he could speak spanish .. , so first day I wanted a coffee and some snacks and he ordered .... ahem

The end result was like 60 euro each .. really if not more .. as we got 3 -4 platters filled with meats , a huge platter of seafood and more!!!

I think he said mas to many times and REALLY screwed up :naughty::roftl:

Yessssssssssss ............. this is true

Did I ever tell you this ... I came on a real budget that time and my friend "thought" he could speak spanish .. , so first day I wanted a coffee and some snacks and he ordered .... ahem

The end result was like 60 euro each .. really if not more .. as we got 3 -4 platters filled with meats , a huge platter of seafood and more!!!

I think he said mas to many times and REALLY screwed up :naughty::roftl:

Oh yeah! I remember you told us the last time:roftl: Man, that was soooooo funny!!! (if I had been in your shoes it wouldn't be funny at all tho:naughty:). You're lucky to have such awesome tour guides this time:biggrin2:

Oh yeah! I remember you told us the last time:roftl: Man, that was soooooo funny!!! (if I had been in your shoes it wouldn't be funny at all tho:naughty:). You're lucky to have such awesome tour guides this time:biggrin2:

Yeh I so am ... :biggrin2::wub2:

It was wild .. I mean I think they must of sent a boat out JUST for our order , depleted the fish stocks of the world just for that order :aah: