Mika in Paris, France at Bercy

Christine

Ok ! the thing with Paris is always special ! :naughty:

I mean, not all the hard-core fans are on the MFC, especially the French ones. It's a big debate but we have two big forums in France which are the Mikawebsite and Mikafrance who were created as early as the MFC and they have a huge community of French (and fans from Belgium, Switzerland...) fans.

Many of us belong to the MFC too, but not everyone ! so don't forget about them.

And in France, Mika is really apreciated and many poeple will come, even if the don't belong to the fan clubs...

Then, sadly, we'll have to arrive early but pleaaaaaaaaaaase not too eraly ! :naughty:

I mean, I was the 5th person to queue for the PDP gig and it was insane. Me and some of my friends of the french forum arrived at an indecent time because we didn't know anything about this kind of gig and we arrive at dawn ! it was still the night :teehee: I know, it sounds absurd now to say that but it was a stadium gig and it was huge. Honestly, it was awfull to queue all the day but I had the greater time ever with my friends... and we arrived at front row, but the front row in a stadium is big and people who arrived at 10 am managed to get to it too...

What I want to say is that the hardcore fans (not only MFCers for France :wink2: ) will arrive early. But in Paris, some of the people who arrived early were not from fan clubs, but just fans who wanted to be front row too...

And you can't handle the time they'll arrive. We can try to tell everybody to arrive at 9, nobody will respect that because you always want to come earlier as possible to arrive before the others...

And we definitly can't take other gigs in exemple, because it'll be different in Paris, as it is in London...

I really fear that gig, but well, we'll see !

but please, no talkings about insane times now ! :naughty: we have months to see that !! :biggrin2:

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok ! the thing with Paris is always special ! :naughty:

Then, sadly, we'll have to arrive early but pleaaaaaaaaaaase not too eraly ! :naughty:

I mean, I was the 5th person to queue for the PDP gig and it was insane. Me and some of my friends of the french forum arrived at an indecent time because we didn't know anything about this kind of gig and we arrive at dawn ! it was still the night :teehee: I know, it sounds absurd now to say that but it was a stadium gig and it was huge. Honestly, it was awfull to queue all the day but I had the greater time ever with my friends... and we arrived at front row, but the front row in a stadium is big and people who arrived at 10 am managed to get to it too...

What I want to say is that the hardcore fans (not only MFCers for France :wink2: ) will arrive early. But in Paris, some of the people who arrived early were not from fan clubs, but just fans who wanted to be front row too...

And you can't handle the time they'll arrive. We can try to tell everybody to arrive at 9, nobody will respect that because you always want to come earlier as possible to arrive before the others...

And we definitly can't take other gigs in exemple, because it'll be different in Paris, as it is in London...

I really fear that gig, but well, we'll see !

but please, no talkings about insane times now ! :naughty: we have months to see that !! :biggrin2:

Ok, Deb, I forgot to mention that it is also Paris (I mean not only Paris, but the centre of the Mika french community): where Mika has most of his fans.

I was actually thinking too about the fact that in April sun rises pretty late and even if I were to go at 6 it would still be too early! but there's a difference between PDP and Bercy...of few thousands of people. It sounds scary for me too, but we'll see how things will go like until then...

Thanks for pointing that bolded part out. it's good to know! :thumb_yello: And yeah you're right...it was just an idea of mine...:blush-anim-cl:

You're also right, but we know that Paris and London are the best places for a Mika gig (also Amsterdam and Milan), but I thought that judging from other smaller experiences in smaller venues we could approximate the time to get there...I mean I'll go to the Vienna one too...I surely won't be there at 6am, because the venue is not that big (tho it's kinda the opposite isn't it? :teehee:) and he is not that popular in Austria (I think?!?) and people will come from other countries around Austria but sure won't queue since 6AM.

I fear this gig too...I start to think about wheter choosing to go to this gig wasn't a bad idea :boxed: I really hope not because the Paris Mika gigs are ALWAYS the best! :wub2:

No, dear, I've got Cat 2 tickets from the very beggining! :wink2:

OK thanks ! I was a little bit confused because you have written somewhere " I'm determined to get front row seats... do you think 6am in the morning would be late for queing? "

We still don't know what to do, if we keep our standing or seated places :blink: (with Macboll)...

Maybe we will meet more MFC or MWS fans if we keep the standing ones :biggrin2:

Concerning what Deb was saying about MIKA fans in France, I was a MIKA fan before registering here or on MikaWebSite, I must say I was a little bit reluctant at being in such a club... You can love MIKA but don't make part of such or such group ! Eventually, I have decided to register because I was alone at the Cirque d'hiver show and wanted to meet some other fans.

And I am very happy to know you now :biggrin2:

i won't be ther i think,but just to speak wit us:

bianka,don't worry:even if we arrived really soon at pdp,most people arrived on afternoon!i'm sure all people arrived on the emorning was in front row,the row is so large on those big venues ;)

so,it'll be a pleasure to wait with friends,that's the most important.

OK thanks ! I was a little bit confused because you have written somewhere " I'm determined to get front row seats... do you think 6am in the morning would be late for queing? "

We still don't know what to do, if we keep our standing or seated places :blink: (with Macboll)...

Maybe we will meet more MFC or MWS fans if we keep the standing ones :biggrin2:

Concerning what Deb was saying about MIKA fans in France, I was a MIKA fan before registering here or on MikaWebSite, I must say I was a little bit reluctant at being in such a club... You can love MIKA but don't make part of such or such group ! Eventually, I have decided to register because I was alone at the Cirque d'hiver show and wanted to meet some other fans.

And I am very happy to know you now :biggrin2:

Ok, I understand why you understood so! :teehee:

In my opinion, the standing tix sound like a better option beccause rushing through those seats with other few thousands people might get painful... :dunno:

I know what you mean...I have waited a long time to finally decide to join the official club! :blush-anim-cl:

i won't be ther i think,but just to speak wit us:

bianka,don't worry:even if we arrived really soon at pdp,most people arrived on afternoon!i'm sure all people arrived on the emorning was in front row,the row is so large on those big venues ;)

so,it'll be a pleasure to wait with friends,that's the most important.

Yeah, but Bercy is a tad smaller than PDP, isn't it? that's what I saw in some pics...

EXACTLY! :thumb_yello:

Yes Bercy is a smaller place (3,5 less capacity) but I've heard it was school holidays at that period so maybe a lot of young people will be there early...?

I don't bother about that! I mean...there will only be the 18 000 people who have bought their tickets for the show...does it make any difference if their school kids or grown ups? :dunno:

Or do you think the rush to the front row will be tougher with the kids? :blink:

I don't bother about that! I mean...there will only be the 18 000 people who have bought their tickets for the show...does it make any difference if their school kids or grown ups? :dunno:

Or do you think the rush to the front row will be tougher with the kids? :blink:

exactly. I think it's really different : kids are in holidays so they have the time to queue all the day. But grown ups have jobs and a tiny minority of people take day off to queue all the day (hmmm like us !!! :naughty: )

so I think it can makes the difference... :sneaky2:

exactly. I think it's really different : kids are in holidays so they have the time to queue all the day. But grown ups have jobs and a tiny minority of people take day off to queue all the day (hmmm like us !!! :naughty: )

so I think it can makes the difference... :sneaky2:

5AM it is for me then! :mf_rosetinted:

:teehee: Joking...4:59!

B!anka : is your mother OK to start queueing at 4h59 ? :naughty:

Well we have a few months to decide at what time we arrive !

And for the kids or teenagers, I was thinking maybe they would be there early to try to get at the front rows, too...

I hope they'll just think that they can get up late (most teenagers do so when they are on holiday) because everybody will, and that older people will be working and will turn up to queue later. I prefer to be optimistic!

:roftl:

I didn't wanted to scare you !

You didn't, I'm ready for ANYTHING! :aah: well...almost

B!anka : is your mother OK to start queueing at 4h59 ? :naughty:

Well we have a few months to decide at what time we arrive !

And for the kids or teenagers, I was thinking maybe they would be there early to try to get at the front rows, too...

Yeah she is actually. I started talking to her nicely and told her: "look mum, if the first time we had reserved seats in a very good area, now it's gonna be different and if I'll tell you that we have to queue since 6 am, you'd better not say no." :teehee:

she was like: "oh 6am is fine!" :roftl: she's great...

yeah...but we need to think it very well that's why we've started now!

I hope they'll just think that they can get up late (most teenagers do so when they are on holiday) because everybody will, and that older people will be working and will turn up to queue later. I prefer to be optimistic!

:thumb_yello: keep it up then! We could use some optimism! You're right (that's the first thing I do on my first day of holiday: sleep till noon) but who could sleep before a Mika gig?

Edited by B!anka

does anybody have a link to where i can buy tix? The show is not on the tourlist on MS :blink:

When you;ve finally decided to come, there aren't anymore tickets on MS! :doh:

Try Bercy's official website...or FNAC... :dunno:

Yeah, but you weren't very sure (see you have Maybe on your RSVP) so...

soz i just wasnt sure cos i dont get much money each month and have some thing i needed to take care of this month (my other laptops internet plugin thingy and screen had some probs. so had to get it fixed and then had to buy a new one cos live 14 days - 3 weeks without MFC, Mika and music... i cant do that. Only bought a small one and GOD its small and slow)