MIKA @ Olympia, Dublin, Ireland

dcdeb

Well I only found out recently that they are called Penneys in Ireland. :naughty:

Primark is very well known in the UK, we have only one store in the Netherlands and I think there are a few in Germany and Spain.

Dublin has two stores as far as I know. I'll bring an half empty bag as hand luggage so that I can fill the other half with t-shirts, underwear and other basics. :biggrin2:

I had no idea it went anywhere out of UK/Ireland :naughty:

Oh, thats a good idea :naughty: Everytime I visit Penneys I walk out with a bag full of diffrent stuff (*cough*thatIdontreallyneed*cough* :teehee:)

Oh also a question to everyone: I see most wants a meetup a day before the gig or something...is it too early to set any details? Becouse if you chose a pub ill have to pass that :pinkbow: i thought about a restaurant or something but im the only underage here so if you prefer pub its fine with me :pinkbow:

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I only found out recently that they are called Penneys in Ireland. :naughty:

Primark is very well known in the UK, we have only one store in the Netherlands and I think there are a few in Germany and Spain.

Dublin has two stores as far as I know. I'll bring an half empty bag as hand luggage so that I can fill the other half with t-shirts, underwear and other basics. :biggrin2:

Penneys stuff is like a drug; When you walk into that store, you just want your hit :roftl:. Last time I checked, there were 3 Penneys stores in Dublin to my knowledge: Henry Street, O'Connell Street and one in Dundrum. There might be even more of them now......

Penneys stuff is like a drug; When you walk into that store, you just want your hit :roftl:. Last time I checked, there were 3 Penneys stores in Dublin to my knowledge: Henry Street, O'Connell Street and one in Dundrum. There might be even more of them now......

I liked Arnotts, not sure it's there now, I think they were going to close, but they had great stuff in there.

My favourite cafe is The Kylemore, it's quite old fashioned, but it's cosy.

Edited by RAK1

These Dublin flights seem to be getting cheaper by the day!!!

I do hope not. I bought mine ages ago!

Don't know about you, but the flights here are getting cheaper by the day. It's £22 return now!

Phew! I think I paid a fiver each way!

I'm still waiting for my uni timetable for next semester to be finalised but the provisional one said I finish at 4pm on Mondays, so I might not be able to make it to a pre-meet but I'll keep you updated.

I just hope they don't decide to have a lecture until 6pm.

Edited by Blossom

seems like the 2nd dublin gig is confirmed now, at least it's finally on mikasounds. :biggrin2: mods, will we get a thread for it now or are you still waiting for an e-mail from them? :wink2:

anyway, i need a ticket for the 2nd dublin gig on the 16th... doesn't look like they'll be available on mikasounds, and obviously my credit card doesn't work on ticketmaster anymore, as they have a new system there. :doh: so if anyone could buy me a ticket for that gig, or has a spare, that'd be fab! :thumb_yello:

:shocked:

Why is that? Is it now for UK credit cards only?:blink:

nope they have a new verification system on ticketmaster, which my bank obviously doesn't support. :doh: something about secure code, you have to ask your bank to activate that for your credit card, but seems like it's not supported by every bank yet... at least not in germany. :boxed:

so far, my credit card has always worked perfectly fine on ticketmaster, why do they have to make security so high that long-term customers aren't able to use the site anymore, that's just dumb! :aah:

nope they have a new verification system on ticketmaster, which my bank obviously doesn't support. :doh: something about secure code, you have to ask your bank to activate that for your credit card, but seems like it's not supported by every bank yet... at least not in germany. :boxed:

so far, my credit card has always worked perfectly fine on ticketmaster, why do they have to make security so high that long-term customers aren't able to use the site anymore, that's just dumb! :aah:

That security code is something that you have to make yourself, not your bank. That was with me the case. You can make somekind of account yourself.

Good luck :)

... I am sure it has to do with security but still sounds unbelievable that you can't use a German credit card on their site... The only occasion I was not able to use one particular type of credit card was when I had to make a booking on some Peruvian site...

I wonder how many customers they lost with this move.

If you don't get lucky with the spare tickets, I guess I could buy you a ticket later.:wink2: I don't think the second show will be sold out, especially because many people have already booked their flights back before the 2nd date was announced (:sneaky2:).

I don't think I will buy a ticket for the 2nd show as long as the 1st gig isn't sold out yet. I'll be in Dublin on the 16th anyway, I might be lucky and if not... Well at least I'll do one show. :naughty:

So you're saying you're staying til 17th? Should I call the hostel to book the 2nd night in your room?

That security code is something that you have to make yourself, not your bank. That was with me the case. You can make somekind of account yourself.

Good luck :)

they connect to your bank, but they didn't do that for me, they connected with another german bank which of course didn't recognize my card! :aah: maybe i should just write to ticketmaster about it, if they have a good customer service they might be able to sort it out...

... I am sure it has to do with security but still sounds unbelievable that you can't use a German credit card on their site... The only occasion I was not able to use one particular type of credit card was when I had to make a booking on some Peruvian site...

I wonder how many customers they lost with this move.

If you don't get lucky with the spare tickets, I guess I could buy you a ticket later.:wink2: I don't think the second show will be sold out, especially because many people have already booked their flights back before the 2nd date was announced (:sneaky2:).

yeah, don't think either that it'll be sold out, but just want to make sure - and not wait for the box office to open on that monday. :rolls_eyes: thanx. :huglove:

I don't think I will buy a ticket for the 2nd show as long as the 1st gig isn't sold out yet. I'll be in Dublin on the 16th anyway, I might be lucky and if not... Well at least I'll do one show. :naughty:

:shocked: i couldn't do that, be in a city and know mika's doing a gig just a few streets away and not be there! :shocked:

but well, in most cases there are chances to get last minute tickets, even if it's sold out. :original:

I wish my uni timetable was officially confirmed cos now the provisional one is saying that I'm in on Tuesdays at 9am. :shocked:

If it does come to that, at least I'm only in for a couple of hours and then I can go home and sleep for the rest of the day...

Hello,

I'm not brave enought to read all the messages but was wondering where people are statying ( I know some are staying in the Travelodge, other in hostels). I'm looking for a hotel at a short walking distance to the Olympia as I am on my own.

Was looking on google maps but gave me a hotel "close the venue" when it was actually really far so don't trust it.

OMG, only 25 days to go :shocked:

I'm so freaking nervous :shocked::aah:

Going to stay in Dublin for a week with 3 of my friends (little vacation), but I'm going to the gigs (yes both gigs) alone :blush-anim-cl: I'm still a bit scared (translation = very scared) to go on my own to the gigs :blush-anim-cl: But I'm working on it :P

Have already been having my usual pre-gig/-flight nightmares over the past 2 weeks :blink:

OMG, only 25 days to go :shocked:

I'm so freaking nervous :shocked::aah:

Going to stay in Dublin for a week with 3 of my friends (little vacation), but I'm going to the gigs (yes both gigs) alone :blush-anim-cl: I'm still a bit scared (translation = very scared) to go on my own to the gigs :blush-anim-cl: But I'm working on it :P

Have already been having my usual pre-gig/-flight nightmares over the past 2 weeks :blink:

Don't be nervous, you will be surrounded by Mika fans, you won't be on your own. :wink2:

I'm so so excited about this tour now. :teehee:

Don't be nervous, you will be surrounded by Mika fans, you won't be on your own. :wink2:

I'm so so excited about this tour now. :teehee:

I know that there are going to be Mika fans, but I get nervous very easily :blush-anim-cl: