2009 - TV: Mika on "Tout le Monde en Parle"

dcdeb

i don't have speakers but i remember it was about a survey in the UK and half of the people wanted to be like David Beckham and the other half like Mika. Mika thought it was a joke, but they assured him it was a real survey.

Mika said "who answered those questions? my fan club?" :roftl:

:lmao: :lmao: :roftl:

thanks!

well, what the uk fans can tell us about this? :naughty::mf_rosetinted:

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't have speakers but i remember it was about a survey in the UK and half of the people wanted to be like David Beckham and the other half like Mika. Mika thought it was a joke, but they assured him it was a real survey.

Heh, heh, heh!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :roftl:

thanks!

well, what the uk fans can tell us about this? :naughty::mf_rosetinted:

Wish I knew, but would definitely have taken part if asked!:naughty:

from last night at "tout le monde en parle"

http://www.radio-canada.ca/emissions/tout_le_monde_en_parle/saison6/

thank you sunshine931! :huglove:

didn't see you guys on it though :bleh:

that bit was quite funny, at the end the guy admitted there were only 6 people taking part in the survey :teehee:

what was that about lollipop in the interview? i understand bits and pieces, first something about his sexuality (and in his answer he says that he doesn't want to be labelled i think) and then about lollipop and he mentions his sister, and then the david beckham survey thing. but i don't get the funny details they're laughing about. :blink:

Mika says that a teenager who is 16 has to do what he wants to do and have liberty with his sexuality but not his sister :roftl::naughty: he wants to protect her concerning her sexuality and he doesn't want her to have sexual relations too soon :biggrin2: (that's why they talk about lollipop)

He's half libanese that's why he is such a "protector"

that's so sweet :wub2:

Edited by lyli21

that bit was quite funny, at the end the guy admitted there were only 6 people taking part in the survey :teehee:

thank god! :lmao:

he didn't admit there was only 6 people, it's another guy who said that as a joke, not the interviewer.

the survey was done on 3000 children/young teenagers

Rubbish survey of only 6 people!!!:naughty:

he didn't admit there was only 6 people, it's another guy who said that as a joke, not the interviewer.

That sounds more like it!

Mika says that a teenager who is 16 has to do what he wants to do and have liberty with his sexuality but not his sister :roftl::naughty: he wants to protect her concerning her sexuality and he doesn't want her to have sexual relations too soon :biggrin2: (that's why they talk about lollipop)

ah, thanx for translating. :thumb_yello: he's such a macho, lol! :roftl:

aha I didn't realize it were 2 different men talking. it was funny nontheless :naughty:

awww yeah is so sweet :wub2: :wub2: :swoon:

full translation of the clip:

Interviewer:

Since you are now a celebrity, the medias question you about your sexual orientation and you refuse to label yourself. Is it a burden to have a label or you haven't made your choice yet.

Mika:

I think it's true, yes, i haven't made a choice yet. I also think that there is a way to discuss sexuality without labels. Although i am now talking from a previledge standpoint, it's easy for an artist like me to say something like that. But i do realise that for someone who is 13 years old at school and having his face punched is different. That was me at some point. For now, this is what i believe in.

Interviewer:

I am quoting you: If you are a young boy of 16 years old, unsure about your sexuality, give yourself the freedom to discover.

Mika:

Exactly

Interviewer:

But at the same time, you wrote the song Lollipop to advise your young sister to take her time before having sexual relations

Mika:

Yeah! (self note i love his smile when he says that :teehee:)

*plays song Lollipop for the audience*

Interviewer:

So if i understand this properly, a 16 years old guy can give himself the freedom to discover his sexuality, but hands off your sister?

Mika:

Yes! but not with my sister!!!! Never Never!! I am very protective!

Interviewer:

Yes, but that is a double standard!

Mika:

Yes, but i'm half lebanese, so i am allowed to be protective!

Interviewer:

As per a survey done with 3000 UK children between 5 and 11 years old, they no longer wish to become doctors, vets or teachers, but now dream of being David Beckham & Mika

Mika:

Really? Who said that?

Interviewer:

A survey

Another guest:

A survey done with children

Interviewer:

A survey should never be questioned.

Do you also imagine yourself as David Beckham?

Mika:

hahaha! Well in a way it would be nice to be David Beckham, he is good looking, talented and has a long career.

Interviewer:

But it is nice to know that children chose your joyfulness, your crazyness and your imagination to identify themselves

Mika:

As a matter of fact, it is very flattering. It makes me happy, it's the first time i hear of this survey. Thank you! Thank you for making up this survey! I never heard of it! If it's true, it's very flattering

Interviewer:

Yes yes it's true!

Another guest:

The survey was done with 6 people!

Mika:

From my Fan Club! (self note: :wub2:)

i'm kidding!

welcome!!! the challenge will be to translate the entire interview on sunday :naughty: it was quite long! prob. 10 or 15 minutes :dunno:

i was too busy listening to notice how long it was :mf_rosetinted:

There's more?:shocked:

Look forward to it.:thumb_yello:

What's with the little tv screens in front of them?

:sneaky2: post 63, 5 up from your post! :naughty:

That gets me to

Champignons a louer...

Des locataires rendues malades par les moissures de leur logement...:blink:

WTF?

Mika mushrooms?:shocked:

EDIT:

Ah non, maintenant l'ecran est tout noir et il s'est arrete et on lit consultez tout le contenu audio, mais tout est noir, Mika s'en est alle...:shocked:

Edited by willywonka

That gets me to

Champignons a louer...

Des locataires rendues malades par les moissures de leur logement...:blink:

WTF?

Mika mushrooms?:shocked:

EDIT:

Ah non, maintenant l'ecran est tout noir et il s'est arrete et on lit consultez tout le contenu audio, mais tout est noir, Mika s'en est alle...:shocked:

hein??? are you ok lady wonka? :aah:

hein??? are you ok lady wonka? :aah:

I iz...

The link i tried gave me some news about mushrooms, then i found out i hd to click on extraire la console or whateva and its working, sortof...

I mixed french and english, i normally do when i read in french and try to reply in english, doooh me....:naughty:

full translation of the clip:

Interviewer:

Since you are now a celebrity, the medias question you about your sexual orientation and you refuse to label yourself. Is it a burden to have a label or you haven't made your choice yet.

Mika:

I think it's true, yes, i haven't made a choice yet. I also think that there is a way to discuss sexuality without labels. Although i am now talking from a previledge standpoint, it's easy for an artist like me to say something like that. But i do realise that for someone who is 13 years old at school and having his face punched is different. That was me at some point. For now, this is what i believe in.

Interviewer:

I am quoting you: If you are a young boy of 16 years old, unsure about your sexuality, give yourself the freedom to discover.

Mika:

Exactly

Interviewer:

But at the same time, you wrote the song Lollipop to advise your young sister to take her time before having sexual relations

Mika:

Yeah! (self note i love his smile when he says that :teehee:)

*plays song Lollipop for the audience*

Interviewer:

So if i understand this properly, a 16 years old guy can give himself the freedom to discover his sexuality, but hands off your sister?

Mika:

Yes! but not with my sister!!!! Never Never!! I am very protective!

Interviewer:

Yes, but that is a double standard!

Mika:

Yes, but i'm half lebanese, so i am allowed to be protective!

Interviewer:

As per a survey done with 3000 UK children between 5 and 11 years old, they no longer wish to become doctors, vets or teachers, but now dream of being David Beckham & Mika

Mika:

Really? Who said that?

Interviewer:

A survey

Another guest:

A survey done with children

Interviewer:

A survey should never be questioned.

Do you also imagine yourself as David Beckham?

Mika:

hahaha! Well in a way it would be nice to be David Beckham, he is good looking, talented and has a long career.

Interviewer:

But it is nice to know that children chose your joyfulness, your crazyness and your imagination to identify themselves

Mika:

As a matter of fact, it is very flattering. It makes me happy, it's the first time i hear of this survey. Thank you! Thank you for making up this survey! I never heard of it! If it's true, it's very flattering

Interviewer:

Yes yes it's true!

Another guest:

The survey was done with 6 people!

Mika:

From my Fan Club! (self note: :wub2:)

i'm kidding!

Thank you :huglove: