REPORTS/PICS/VIDS - Mika at Riviera Theater, Chicago, 2009-OCT-20

lollipop_monkey

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay guys. We got home after a little site seeing in Chicago yesterday night. Then we had school this morning....plus we are sick.....so please bear with us.

The concert was amazing! We have never met more nicer people than those of the MFC. You were all just fabulous.

Leona you were just awesome. You were in complete control and in the times of a Mika concert one of us has to be. You were great.

Sara you were just loads of fun. Loved getting to meet you.

Amanda....pleasure to meet you and Claire. We felt so comfortable around you like we've known you for years. We loved it when Mika said he framed your cross stitch. That was so neat.

Everybody from the MFC is awesome!

We have never been to a more fabulous concert in our lives. We were front row after a heck fire brutal entrance. But front row and it was so cool. Mika was so close to us and there was major eye contact.

We'll probably go into more detail later on. But we finally got to meet the one and only. We've got some pics of the meet and greet action. What stunned us was that when we met him and after he signed our Songs For Sorrow book, we both said hi in unison and told him that he was awesome and fabulous. Then he looked at us back forth straight in the face and smiled and said Are you the Mayer OR Meyer Sisters? We said Meyer and said YES!!!! He said I know you. (Don't really know how because we've never met him before in our life) He then went to sign somebody elses stuff and then turned to us again and said So Your The Famous Meyer Twins!!! We were like OMG YES!!!! We think he kind of knows us because of all the artwork that other people have passed to him over the years. Plus before the concert we gave John an envelope we made with a new cartoon we did of him. In the midst of all of this we said he got the cakes that Sara had ordered and that he was so pleased. So yay. Before he went along down the line we all said thank you Mika and he was like Thank You It was great to meet you.

We will definitely have more stuff to put. We were front row and we got about 4 full length song videos that we haven't uploaded yet and a lot of photos so stay tuned.

Love to you all!

The "Famous" Meyer Twins

Hahaha! :wub2: That's fantastic!!! I loved reading that. You girls must be so pleased :thumb_yello::biggrin2:

We did too. Sorry Mark:teehee:

I know!!!! We thank Mika and this lovely forum. We gave John a card with a cartoon in it, and John said he'd give it to him. At the time we weren't sure if he would do a meet and greet, otherwise we would've given it to him in person. That's awesome that he said dcdeb.....that's priceless. It just goes to show that he knows MFC'ers.

AND

Who else loved that trumpet noise he did....:wub2::wub2:

Loved the Silly String incident too. GAH we saw Mika!!! Can't wait to show you pics and videos when the time comes.

I thought the trumpet bit was so funny and cute, especially the "Prepare yourself, for the greatest trumpet solo in the history of Chicago" and then something like, "this could go horribly wrong."

When i met him i couldnt think of anything to say lol! i just handed him my TBWKTM booklet and he signed it! And i hugged him, it was quick but a still amazing!!!

Deffinitely one of the best days of my life!!

Here are my picturesssss:biggrin2:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1490733010&ref=profile#/album.php?aid=2038200&id=1490733010

I thought the trumpet bit was so funny and cute, especially the "Prepare yourself, for the greatest trumpet solo in the history of Chicago" and then something like, "this could go horribly wrong."

I know! Very cute.

When i met him i couldnt think of anything to say lol! i just handed him my TBWKTM booklet and he signed it! And i hugged him, it was quick but a still amazing!!!

Deffinitely one of the best days of my life!!

Here are my picturesssss:biggrin2:

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1490733010&ref=profile#/album.php?aid=2038200&id=1490733010

Great photos......I did not know that your last name was Meyer....how uncanny.:wink2::wink2:

Edited by Haley & Megan Meyer

Our video we took of Mika performing BLUE EYES!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W96RNwbAI8Y

Isn't he just adorable?:wub2::wub2:

thanks for your pics and vids!! amazing:wub2:

Wow. I'm am soo late responding to this thread. But I'm sure as you all know the Chicago concert was amazing. I wish I met some of you guys there though. :(

Next time yeah?

I did get there late. Around 6:00 I want to say. So the line was super long and going around two corners, but I still made it close to the front. :biggrin2:

Here are some pics on mah facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/album.php?page=1&aid=2040175&id=1345194688

My friend and I made blue eyes with posterboard (Which we had no idea Mika was gonna have a couple of blue eyes in the background) and during the Blue Eyes bit I got on top of my boyfriends shoulders and danced with the two blue eyes. It was kinda awkward at first, dancing with these two blue eyes in my hands, but totally amazing. Mika deffinatly noticed and we had a little chat about it during the meet and greet. AMAZING! *sigh*

I wish that night never ended.

It's been great seeing all the Chicago pictures and videos. I was up in the balcony, and it's a different perspective for sure. I wish I had brought my camera, but I thought they were not allowed. Before I went to the Riviera, I had checked out videos from other concerts and I was afraid I'd be spoiling the experience, but the actual show totally exceeded my already high expectations. Also, maybe this isn't the right place for this discussion, but from Twitter:

@mikasounds After being accused of miming last night. I feel the need to say that I have never ever mimmed nor will I ever under any circumstance. half a minute ago from Tweetie

It is so strange because if anyone has been to a show, and then seen vids from another show, you can tell that the singing is live, unless someone thinks he went to the trouble of making new lip sync tracks for every show.

It's been great seeing all the Chicago pictures and videos. I was up in the balcony, and it's a different perspective for sure. I wish I had brought my camera, but I thought they were not allowed. Before I went to the Riviera, I had checked out videos from other concerts and I was afraid I'd be spoiling the experience, but the actual show totally exceeded my already high expectations. Also, maybe this isn't the right place for this discussion, but from Twitter:

@mikasounds After being accused of miming last night. I feel the need to say that I have never ever mimmed nor will I ever under any circumstance. half a minute ago from Tweetie

It is so strange because if anyone has been to a show, and then seen vids from another show, you can tell that the singing is live, unless someone thinks he went to the trouble of making new lip sync tracks for every show.

Seriously? Someone accused Mika of lip-syncing? :shocked: Every time I think to see if he is, you just know he isn't.

The videos are brilliant guys! I really hope he comes back to Chicago soon.

just went past the Riviera on my way home tonight....sigh.....

I will always love that place after Tuesday night!

even after some unpleasantness with pushy fans, it was a phenomenal show!

thanks for posting your photos & videos everyone.

oh, forgot who said it, but at the front of the line a security guard was telling us they allowed "small cameras" up to 3" (LCD screen size? not sure exactly what he meant, but I guess small pocket-size digitals were ok)

just went past the Riviera on my way home tonight....sigh.....

I will always love that place after Tuesday night!

even after some unpleasantness with pushy fans, it was a phenomenal show!

oh, forgot who said it, but at the front of the line a security guard was telling us they allowed "small cameras" up to 3" (LCD screen size? not sure exactly what he meant, but I guess small pocket-size digitals were ok)

*sigh.....the Riviera*

George the security guy :blink::mf_rosetinted:

I'm sure you guys have seen these already since we've posted our photos but thought these need to be seen again because we thought they were super cute.

047.jpg

075.jpg

Aren't they though?

@lala_lollie44: We don't think we'll ever forget him either.....at one point while waiting I told Megan, do you actually think he works here?:roftl::roftl:

Thanks for postig your reports and pics!!

Yep! I would also need some kind of clarification I just want to do the right thing. Anybody have a clue here? Mine is a compact one, hope this is ok, or does it depend of the venue?

I'm sure you guys have seen these already since we've posted our photos but thought these need to be seen again because we thought they were super cute.

047.jpg

075.jpg

Lovely pics twins!! Also I read your report :thumb_yello:, it's so nice Mika already knows you :teehee: you're famous! :biggrin2:

Thanks for postig your reports and pics!!

Yep! I would also need some kind of clarification I just want to do the right thing. Anybody have a clue here? Mine is a compact one, hope this is ok, or does it depend of the venue?

Lovely pics twins!! Also I read your report :thumb_yello:, it's so nice Mika already knows you :teehee: you're famous! :biggrin2:

We know!!! We just giggled and said yes we are. He was smiling and we were smiling. It was epic.:wub2::wub2: We're sure he has seen "The Meyer Twins" on a lot of artwork, the red jacket, the yearbook, etc. So him remembering that is just:mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow:

Those pics are amazing! Look at his eyes, they're so beautiful! :mf_lustslow: Haha.

I just finished making a vid of all the other vids I took that night. I recorded my friends and I getting there, the super long line, getting inside and of course Mika preforming.

http://www.vimeo.com/7267258

If you want to skip to the vids I got of Mika go to 8:00 min.

Woo!

Those pics are amazing! Look at his eyes, they're so beautiful! :mf_lustslow: Haha.

I just finished making a vid of all the other vids I took that night. I recorded my friends and I getting there, the super long line, getting inside and of course Mika preforming.

Woo!

Oh my gosh. That was awesome. Where did you get the remix to WAG? Love that. You got some great footage. That was awesome when the crowd screams at him when he's taking off his astronaut gear, that's hilarious. And how he pretended not to finish Love Today. I didn't see us in line. We were like 8 or 9 in line. You guys got pretty close though.

Haley & Megan

Woo!

very nice, Emily, quite a good documentary! I didn't realize the line was that long!

Then he looked at us back forth straight in the face and smiled and said Are you the Mayer OR Meyer Sisters? We said Meyer and said YES!!!! He said I know you. (Don't really know how because we've never met him before in our life) He then went to sign somebody elses stuff and then turned to us again and said So Your The Famous Meyer Twins!!! We were like OMG YES!!!! We think he kind of knows us because of all the artwork that other people have passed to him over the years. Plus before the concert we gave John an envelope we made with a new cartoon we did of him.

Guys, that is AH-MAZE-ING! You ladies deserve it, totally...your art and everything is awesome. :biggrin2:

I should have thought of the idea of giving John my gift. :lol3: