Post Mika Depression

Mom4Mika

What can I say besides... absolutely. Completely. Definitely. I still can't believe how amazing NY was. CRAZY! And I didn't even get to bond with the MFCers, which I imagine would have been wonderful, although it definitely would have made the PMD I'm suffering from even worse.

PMD has wrecked my schoolwork... but um who cares really? My reaction: order Mika things and track them obsessively online. Yet somehow I don't think this is the proper solution.

• Replies 556
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it's the same with our boy and all the amazing, out of the ordinary, enlightening experiences. :boxed:

all good things come to an end. those who are philosophical (and they are right) say that xmas every day is just not xmas anymore.

I truly know this is easier said than done, but it does is true, if you come to think about it. :wink2:

as robertina said, it's hard and we have all been there (and go back there every time, more or less), so be sure you are not alone: for the tiny bit this knowledge can help on it.

we can found a "post mika gig depressed club" :teehee:

I'm so glad to know that I'm not alone in this! Although I was so excited to finally being able to see Mika live for the first time at Sadlers as the gig got closer I became more and more anxious because I had 'invested' so much anticipation into it, IYSWIM. Also, I knew that after the gig I'd have PMD and that worried me.

I was then worried that these fears would spoil my enjoyment of the gig itself because I wouldn't be able to get those thoughts out of my head. In reality though, once I was at Sadlers and Mika was performing I was just enjoying the show.

After the gig I was amazed that although I was sad it was over I didn't feel as bad as I thought I would BUT I think this can only have been because by then I'd booked to see him again quite soon at Latitude. But a few days after I did start to feel quite 'out of things'. I was anxious and impatient for Latitude to come along but again worried that after the gig, with no other date to look forward to, I'd REALLY suffer bad PMD.

After Latitude again for a few days I was on a high, but I then became quite low. Since then I've felt less depressed but 'just' very unsettled; I felt sad that I couldn't make it to the free gig and his pub night for example, and to other things (eg Later with Jools) etc, but the fact is family and work commitments are such that I HAVE to accept that that's how it is, or I'd really lose the plot. It's hard but it's reality for me as it is for most MFC'ers I guess.

I liken this feeling to what having an extra-marital affair must be like - the not being able to get a person out of your head, not being able to tell RL people about your feelings for him and his music ('cos they'd think you were barking mad), being secretive about the extent of your obsession (!), wanting to see him as often as possible and, if you can't, feeling depressed, not being able to concentrate at work, being disinterested, feeling like your mind isn't your own any more it's been taken over, LOL, etc, etc, etc, I could go on!!!

After saying all this, I'm afraid I don't know what the answer is, except what others have said, which is time will help...in the meantime it's not good but it will be better...:thumb_yello:

I liken this feeling to what having an extra-marital affair must be like - the not being able to get a person out of your head, not being able to tell RL people about your feelings for him and his music ('cos they'd think you were barking mad), being secretive about the extent of your obsession (!), wanting to see him as often as possible and, if you can't, feeling depressed, not being able to concentrate at work, being disinterested, feeling like your mind isn't your own any more it's been taken over, LOL, etc, etc, etc, I could go on!!!

After saying all this, I'm afraid I don't know what the answer is, except what others have said, which is time will help...in the meantime it's not good but it will be better...:thumb_yello:

I have been like that all this week!!!!!

I'll probably get flashbacks tonight as it has been 1 week since NYC.:aah:

One week, that went by so fast :boxed:

I listened to Big Girl twice this morning whilst at my post and I remember my cue.

Then I started to listen to WAG and I just about cried, I had to turn it off.

*stumbles on thread. then runs in*

i realised too that my job was boring, stressful and sooo not worth the effort. my only hope is that when i go to uni, i will find someone who will understand the obsession and not laugh at me like they do at work:naughty::sneaky2:

i think we should hold hands and walk through this tough stage. what i have found possibly helpful is turning mika music up loud, pretending to be singing with him on stage and hairbrush singing and dancing. i know it's very stupid and not very 'grown up' but i don't care it helps:blush-anim-cl:

x x x

I have seen Mika two times and I thank god I didn´t have PMD after seeing him. After the I-tune gig I was so high and I could keep that feeling for weeks and then so many things happened in Mikaworld I had no time for PMD. All the intervious, the albumrelease, all the little shows to watch on youtube. And then the new tourdates came in and now I´m absolutely happy to make plans for the three gigs I want to go. I enjoy every single day before the gigs but I don´t know what will happen when it´s over. So I hope I will be high again.....

I have been listening to TBWKTM almost constantly and trying to replay the 10/16 show in my head while doing so. It is no where near the real thing but as close as i am going to get until he comes back to NYC. It has been helping though.. especially if you listen with your eyes closed and with headphones:o

P.S. I don't know if there is any truth to this but i read in a Toronto Sun atricle from 10/5/09 that Owen Pallett said that he was planning on working on another EP with Mika in the next 5-6 months. That would be awesome because hopefully that would mean anther US tour. :naughty:

Finally I have the guts of reading this thread, I was bit scared reading the first few comments: all you mention about withdrawals, sadness after his gigs and such. I'm attending 2 gigs and hope not to lose grip although I've been warned that it's difficult to keep a cold mind and enjoy it as it happens, with no sad feelings after it.

Let's see how I manage :thumb_yello:

HollyD funny siggy!! :roftl: I hope my queues are just as fun as yours!

Off to finally check this thread :teehee:

Finally I have the guts of reading this thread, I was bit scared reading the first few comments: all you mention about withdrawals, sadness after his gigs and such. I'm attending 2 gigs and hope not to lose grip although I've been warned that it's difficult to keep a cold mind and enjoy it as it happens, with no sad feelings after it.

Let's see how I manage :thumb_yello:

HollyD funny siggy!! :roftl: I hope my queues are just as fun as yours!

Off to finally check this thread :teehee:

I honestly <think> it has A LOT (everything) to do with your personal experince! At least as to the LEVEL of the PMD! After Terminal 5 - I cried like a BABY all night long, and was FINE after that. After Le Poisson Rouge I CIRED immediately after saying goodbye to him, but, had to pull myself together for the airport. After United Palace - I had an AMAZING experience, being a Big Girl, being backstage with him, the band, his mom and Yasmine - seeing Austin and Audrey - just so much amazingness. The SHOW itself was not a good experience for me, but - that was okay. It was SECURITY's fault there so whatever! Seeing him after that show - he was SO sweet to me! When we left there I was JUST happy. Completely happy and satisfied! Also, I knew that I would be seeing him in Philly.

I think I am SO torn up N O W - cause the Philly Q - was AMAZING, I got to see peeps that I haven't seen in over a year and met some new AMAZING 'friends'. THEN THE SHOW - was EPIC!!!! SO MUCH FUN. It is the after . . . not getting to say goodbye to him. I have NEVER not gotten to say goodbye after a shiow EVER - and now I know JUST how BAD it sucks!!!! I don't ever want to experience THIS feeling again! It has been a WHOLE week - and I am STILL as torn up as I was. My heart is broken! I guess cause I K N O W that I am not going to see him for AT LEAST a year. IT'S SO HARD!

Maybe I should go and see Rufus . . . BUT, that might just make it a million times WORSE! I TRULY :dunno:

hathor: The queueing is TRULY one of the BEST parts of the WHOLE experience! Everyone has SO much fun!!!! It is also part that makes it even more sad when it is all over! Cause you bond with people SO much - then you have to leave them! :tears:

I honestly <think> it has A LOT (everything) to do with your personal experince! At least as to the LEVEL of the PMD! After Terminal 5 - I cried like a BABY all night long, and was FINE after that. After Le Poisson Rouge I CIRED immediately after saying goodbye to him, but, had to pull myself together for the airport. After United Palace - I had an AMAZING experience, being a Big Girl, being backstage with him, the band, his mom and Yasmine - seeing Austin and Audrey - just so much amazingness. The SHOW itself was not a good experience for me, but - that was okay. It was SECURITY's fault there so whatever! Seeing him after that show - he was SO sweet to me! When we left there I was JUST happy. Completely happy and satisfied! Also, I knew that I would be seeing him in Philly.

I think I am SO torn up N O W - cause the Philly Q - was AMAZING, I got to see peeps that I haven't seen in over a year and met some new AMAZING 'friends'. THEN THE SHOW - was EPIC!!!! SO MUCH FUN. It is the after . . . not getting to say goodbye to him. I have NEVER not gotten to say goodbye after a shiow EVER - and now I know JUST how BAD it sucks!!!! I don't ever want to experience THIS feeling again! It has been a WHOLE week - and I am STILL as torn up as I was. My heart is broken! I guess cause I K N O W that I am not going to see him for AT LEAST a year. IT'S SO HARD!

Maybe I should go and see Rufus . . . BUT, that might just make it a million times WORSE! I TRULY :dunno:

hathor: The queueing is TRULY one of the BEST parts of the WHOLE experience! Everyone has SO much fun!!!! It is also part that makes it even more sad when it is all over! Cause you bond with people SO much - then you have to leave them! :tears:

Aw! I feel your pain, it has to be hard when you have such a bond with just everybody :huh:

Ok then I'm in big trouble cause I tend to obsess much over things I like. Guess Ill have to practice lots of yoga, TaiChi, Reiki..... whatever zen to keep a clean cold mind :teehee:.

But how can I do it with such tremendous energetic, cute, nice boy :wub2:

Edited by hathor

Aw! I feel your pain, it has to be hard when you have such a bond with just everybody :huh:

Ok then I'm in big trouble cause I tend too obsess much over things I like. Guess Ill have to practice lots of yoga, TaiChi, Reiki..... whatever zen to keep a clean cold mind :teehee:.

But how can I do it with such tremendous energetic, cute, nice boy :wub2:

Tis TRUE! Mika is SO lovely! Such an AMAZING person . . .and ON STAGE - MY GAWD he is a totally different person! He is like a BOMB that explodes! He makes it SO hard to go back to our Real Lives - after stepping into his world! I freaking LOVE his world! We are all SO much a part of it! Like Owein said - WE ALL PLAY OUR PARTS! And do you know what they (backstage) REFER to us as <EVEN MIKA> they call us: THE Mad F.uckers Club :roftl:

Tis TRUE! Mika is SO lovely! Such an AMAZING person . . .and ON STAGE - MY GAWD he is a totally different person! He is like a BOMB that explodes! He makes it SO hard to go back to our Real Lives - after stepping into his world! I freaking LOVE his world! We are all SO much a part of it! Like Owein said - WE ALL PLAY OUR PARTS! And do you know what they (backstage) REFER to us as <EVEN MIKA> they call us: THE Mad F.uckers Club :roftl:

Huh? You heard Mika say that? Or someone else? :blink: Are you serious?

really? :teehee: I hope you're joking!

Huh? You heard Mika say that? Or someone else? :blink: Are you serious?

O M G guys! I LOVE it! I think it is HILARIOUS!!!!! They mean it in the most endearing way truly! Owein is the ONE that personally told me. But, he said, "You know what we refer to you MFC guys" I was like WHAT :shocked: and he said, "The Mad F.uckers Club" and I was like :lmao: and I asked him WHO refers to us as such and he said EVERYONE (the band - MIKA - the managers and stage crew)

I think it is CUTE! After ALL we a r e MAD! Mad about MIKA! :wub2:

O M G guys! I LOVE it! I think it is HILARIOUS!!!!! They mean it in the most endearing way truly! Owein is the ONE that personally told me. But, he said, "You know what we refer to you MFC guys" I was like WHAT :shocked: and he said, "The Mad F.uckers Club" and I was like :lmao: and I asked him WHO refers to us as such and he said EVERYONE (the band - MIKA - the managers and stage crew)

:roftl:

I love it! Unless....they mean it in a bad way.:blink:

Oh, well #ilovemika still. Oops, this isn't Twitter! :naughty:

*Gasp!* :blink:

*racks her to find a way to make that sound affectionate and endearing*

*Gasp!* :blink:

*racks her to find a way to make that sound affectionate and endearing*

I GUESS you had to be there to hear it in person to 'feel' the l o v e :dunno:

Owein saw me and Lucy waiting in front of the venue e a r l y in the morning in the FREEZING/COLD/WINDY/RAIN . . . and he came and talked to us for a

l o n g time. When he walked up, I was like HEY!!! L O N G time no see . . and he was like YEAH- what has it been 30 hours! :roftl: And in the course of a

l o n g conversation he was talking about HOW tired he was and JUST how much work it was! And I was like I AM TIRED TOO - and he said, YES but YOU do this by CHOICE! I have no choice in the matter. And I was like YOU ARE RIGHT! Then he got all sentimental on me, and said we REALLY appreciate your dedication! If it weren't for the fans like you, we wouldn't even be able to do this. Then he proceeded to say . . . WE ALL PLAY OUR PARTS. And T H E N he told me about the Mad F.uckers Club referral. And we just stood there and laughed. He was absolutely serious! But, they DO appreciate us!!!! I like it - and I am SO glad that he told me! :roftl: