MIKA @ Hammersmith Apollo, London - 2nd gig

robertina

I KNOW I'm gonna be in the back of beyond for this and esp. for the previous one.. :boxed:

arriving on sunday early afternoon and I'd like to leave my trolley at hotel, not to end up like my last gig at hammersmith, where I arrived in travelling clothes, with my suitcase and all, when the opening act was already over! :blink:

all I care about is to see decently mika and enjoy the concert in a quiet spot, possibly with some mfc'ers not far from me, as it's always funnier when we share the enthusiasm :biggrin2:

as for monday (this gig, in fact), I may start queueing about the same time. only two days in london, which I truly adore, and not a chance in the world to make it front row anyway, since people's probably starting to queue in the night, which I'm not prepared to do. I'm getting too old for this queueing thing.. :teehee:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm getting the feeling too that queueing for the second Hammersmith gig will much more quiet.

yeah, that's what i hope for and the reason why i can't be bothered going for front row at the first one. :bleh:

I KNOW I'm gonna be in the back of beyond for this and esp. for the previous one.. :boxed:

arriving on sunday early afternoon and I'd like to leave my trolley at hotel, not to end up like my last gig at hammersmith, where I arrived in travelling clothes, with my suitcase and all, when the opening act was already over! :blink:

all I care about is to see decently mika and enjoy the concert in a quiet spot, possibly with some mfc'ers not far from me, as it's always funnier when we share the enthusiasm :biggrin2:

as for monday (this gig, in fact), I may start queueing about the same time. only two days in london, which I truly adore, and not a chance in the world to make it front row anyway, since people's probably starting to queue in the night, which I'm not prepared to do. I'm getting too old for this queueing thing.. :teehee:

Hi Avoca!

I hope to see you again :biggrin2:. I have a question: when we met at Parc Des Princes, we were wearing light clothes. Now,at Hammersmith in this very cold weather, we will be wearing heavy clothes. Is there a cloakroom where we may leave the coats or do we have to keep them with us during the gig :blink:?

Hi Avoca!

I hope to see you again :biggrin2:. I have a question: when we met at Parc Des Princes, we were wearing light clothes. Now,at Hammersmith in this very cold weather, we will be wearing heavy clothes. Is there a cloakroom where we may leave the coats or do we have to keep them with us during the gig :blink:?

I usually wear mine in, and put it on the floor at my feet, but I'd only advise that if your at the barrier.

I think there are scattered smaller barriers going down the slope towards the stage, if you get near one of those, you could put your coat on that.

Hi Avoca!

hi, clelia!! surely hope to meet ya there!

pls, call me if you see me and I don't see ya in the chaos that'll be there :naughty:

last time I was in hammersmith, I used the theatre cloackroom, it's on the left when you enter the hall. I think it costed a few pounds, but it's much more practical. last time I dropped there also my suitcase as I was coming directly from the airport. :biggrin2:

are ya attending 1st gig too?

really :shocked:??

well, it happened in brixton last time I was there, so I'd not be surprised if someone does with this.

it looks though, like it's a "2nd class london gig" so far.. very few mfc'ers.. :blink:

well, we'll see what happens.

i'll try and be relaxed about this trip. :biggrin2:

well, it happened in brixton last time I was there, so I'd not be surprised if someone does with this.

it looks though, like it's a "2nd class london gig" so far.. very few mfc'ers.. :blink:

wow, I really didn't think people could sleep there to reach the 1st row.

I'm interested to be near the stage too (I'm short :blush-anim-cl:) but I have no intention to sleeping there :teehee:

Let's see what will happen! :thumb_yello:

yup, i think the first london gig will be like that, but not this one. 36 mfcers, they can all easily fit in the front row iirc - and i think some of them won't queue that day because they have to work and/or only have seated places. let's hope it'll be relaxed. :thumb_yello: i definitely won't be there in the middle of the night! :aah:

oh, come on, people, it is writing about the possibility of others queueing early that creates such expectations.

In the Hungarian thread, for example, many have never been to a gig but they have already gathered from others on MFC that you start queueing at dawn to get a good place even at small venues in countries where people have hardly even heard of him.. :blink:..

Shame people forget that there is no way you can enjoy a concert if you are knackered.

I can understand an early queue....I know it's really really tiring but it could be also understandeable....but I think it's crazy to sleep there to have the best position.

Think its crazy too.... 2 i know will sleep infront of KB Hallen at the first gig on the tour (Denmark) :blink:

oh, come on, people, it is writing about the possibility of others queueing early that creates such expectations.

In the Hungarian thread, for example, many have never been to a gig but they have already gathered from others on MFC that you start queueing at dawn to get a good place even at small venues in countries where people have hardly even heard of him.. :blink:..

who said that? :blink: on the 2007 german tour it was really relaxed, no one showed up before 4 pm, in berlin it was even 6 pm! it might be a few hours earlier in dusseldorf+munich this time, as it's saturdays and lots of ppl travelling there, but generally i expect it to be relaxed at the german gigs. but well, if it makes them happy to stand in front of the venue all day on their own, just because in certain countries/cities the queuing IS indeed crazy, then it's their own fault. :naughty: i was stupid enough to do that in oakland, went there at 11 am (got a number around 10-15ish iirc), after me 2 more ppl turned up, and then no one else arrived til 5 pm. :lmfao:

Okay. So I am able to make this gig, as the Sunday is sold out. But I was wondering whether it'd be better to go seated or standing, but seated is in row X near the back...Although I won't get into London till later and so no garuntee that I'll be able to see over people. Has anyone been to this venue before and can let me know what's best? (: I'm quite excited that I may get to see him again to be honest xD LOLZ.

ETA: Or can you see him, even if at the back of the standing? Just coz I know that standing is quite a cool place to be hehe

Edited by Sam7413

Okay. So I am able to make this gig, as the Sunday is sold out. But I was wondering whether it'd be better to go seated or standing, but seated is in row X near the back...Although I won't get into London till later and so no garuntee that I'll be able to see over people. Has anyone been to this venue before and can let me know what's best? (: I'm quite excited that I may get to see him again to be honest xD LOLZ.

ETA: Or can you see him, even if at the back of the standing? Just coz I know that standing is quite a cool place to be hehe

the floor of the venue is sloped, so generally you should be able to see from the back of the standing area - but of course it always depends on how tall you are and how tall the person who is standing in front of you is. :wink2:

i haven't seen any gigs at this venue from the back though, so i can't give you first hand information, only my evaluation from what i know. :wink2: i'd personally go for standing in any case, because to me it's important to be able to dance and move, i just can't stay sitting in a chair at a mika gig. :bleh: but i'm also rather tall, if i was 10 cm shorter i might think differently. :dunno:

the floor of the venue is sloped, so generally you should be able to see from the back of the standing area - but of course it always depends on how tall you are and how tall the person who is standing in front of you is. :wink2:

i haven't seen any gigs at this venue from the back though, so i can't give you first hand information, only my evaluation from what i know. :wink2: i'd personally go for standing in any case, because to me it's important to be able to dance and move, i just can't stay sitting in a chair at a mika gig. :bleh: but i'm also rather tall, if i was 10 cm shorter i might think differently. :dunno:

hopefully people will stand as last time i saw him at hammersmith i was in row A and i stood up. Cant wait for this i'm in block 11 row b. :biggrin2:

I have actually got tickets. I went for standing as they only had row Y left. xD

OMGosh, 2nd Mika gig and first at this venue so going to be awesome. I wanted to dance and the atmosphere in standing is pretty sweet.

I hope to see some of you there. It'll be nice to meet more of you (: