REPORTS/VIDEOS/PHOTOS of Mika 27-10-2009 in Vancouver, BC at The Commodore Ballroom

dcdeb

The boy's just starting to feel his age. :naughty:

BTW, did anyone get any Big Girl pics or vids? I only found one video, but I'm not in it. The videographer was focusing on her friend, who was dancing on the opposite side of the stage. Sad.

I did. But i didn't know which one was you so i focused on the other side of the stage as well... :lmfao: sorry...but you can see yourself i think wait i'm uploading stuff today. :wink2:

EDIT: yes you're in it! :wink2:

Edited by OhMyMika!!

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did. But i didn't know which one was you so i focused on the other side of the stage as well... :lmfao: sorry...but you can see yourself i think wait i'm uploading stuff today. :wink2:

EDIT: yes you're in it! :wink2:

Hooray! You rock my socks! Can't wait to see it. :biggrin2:

The boy's just starting to feel his age. :naughty:

BTW, did anyone get any Big Girl pics or vids? I only found one video, but I'm not in it. The videographer was focusing on her friend, who was dancing on the opposite side of the stage. Sad.

I did get some video, but it's kind of hard to see you! I will post for you though once I get it uploaded! I also got a picture as well!

Rani you looked so fab up there doing your thing! I'm so glad you did it! I wish I'd brought a camera on my trip and I would have tried to get some for you.

Here's a review of the concert and some pics. The caption on the first one is hilarious.

http://www.thatrockblog.com/2009/11/live-wire-mika-takes-us-on-journey-to.html

(In this rare leaked scene from Star Trek XII, Mika challenges Spock to a karaoke contest amongst the stars. Test audiences responded favorably. © 2009 Benjamin Luk.)

4066069670_6b71588c9e_b.jpg

4065318399_9ae06c3907_b.jpg

4065318879_a65941416f_b.jpg

4066070206_22b315581e_b.jpg

SQUEAL!!!! Thank you so much for the BG pic and video! It totally made my day! There's one part where Mika's on the drum platform, and I'm totally getting down with my bad self. So cool! My mom's gonna freak. Thank you for the compliments guys. It makes me happy that I decided to do it. :wub2:

SQUEAL!!!! Thank you so much for the BG pic and video! It totally made my day! There's one part where Mika's on the drum platform, and I'm totally getting down with my bad self. So cool! My mom's gonna freak. Thank you for the compliments guys. It makes me happy that I decided to do it. :wub2:

You were amazing!! I'm so glad you got the opportunity!

You did hit me once tho...

I did?! :shocked:

Sorry 'bout that! I knew I'd stepped on someone's foot during Love Today, but I didn't realize there was any actual beating going on. Sorry! :aah:

:wub2: :wub2:

I think this pic is so cute. Newcomer Pandasnacks is keeping her ticket safe in her mouth, and I believe Andrew is admiring her hair.

OK, now time for the Big Girl photos. Just a reminder, I am very self conscious, and this was a very difficult thing for me to do. So while I don't mind you enjoying the photos here, I would ask that you don't post them anywhere else. Thanks.

Haha, love that pic of Andrew! Looks like he has spotted hair envy. :naughty:

And you made such a lovely Big Girl! You looked freakin' fantastic in that outfit. :fangurl:

Jimmy! Gosh, he is such a dream boat. I had a very nice chat with him backstage, and he just has a way of making you feel good. I hope Mika tours with him again, especially if it's in a city near me.

http://i581.photobucket.com/albums/ss254/wera300/Mika%20Vancouver%2010-27-09/DSCN1681.jpg

Photos Part 2. MEET AND GREET!

Alrighty, the moment you've all been waiting for! (I think)

Like I said in my review, we waited in a cold, dark, scary alley for Mika. We did not wait in vain, because his wonderful band mates came out to chat and hang with us for a while. I gave Jimmy a hug, and I told him that I enjoyed his playing, especially on BIOTG. It really stood out to me during the performance. He wished me luck on my own music, and posed with me for this cuddly picture. I don't think you can tell by the picture, but I'm hanging on to him pretty tightly, LOL!

DSCN1698.jpg

OMG. I'm not jealous at all. Not even a little. :mf_rosetinted:

That's an amazing pic! This is so sad, I'm starting to develop a reputation for having a thing for bassists, 'cause I was going on an on before about how lovely Dan was. But Jimmy really is a cutie, isn't he? :blush-anim-cl:

(Of course, now that everyone and her dog was telling him on Twitter that I "have a crush on him" he probably thinks North America is full of weird blonde stalker-groupies. Hooo boy. :roftl:)

Here's a review of the concert and some pics. The caption on the first one is hilarious.

http://www.thatrockblog.com/2009/11/live-wire-mika-takes-us-on-journey-to.html

LMFAO!

"For reasons I'll never understand, at one point in the show, Mika walked offstage playing with a teapot marionette and was replaced temporarily by a giant walking teapot holding a Mika marionette! I wish I could explain that in a way that doesn't sound so much like a bad acid trip, but maybe it's something you just need to see to understand."

So true. :hypo:

Yup! I made a point of trying to film you the whole time. You'll see Mika's groin getting in the way for part of it. Oh, and blame Mika's fog machine for the fact that we can hardly see you. :sneaky2:

I did?! :shocked:

Sorry 'bout that! I knew I'd stepped on someone's foot during Love Today, but I didn't realize there was any actual beating going on. Sorry! :aah:

Yup...you apologized right away so no prob...and it wasn't my foot that you stepped on...:naughty:

You know, i REALLY liked Jimmy the bassist it's just after the show...in that dark alley i did not recognize him!!! :aah::doh:

It's kindda embarrassing cause i wanted to tell him how awesome he was :teehee:

EDIT: Your BG video is amazing :lmfao:

It's like Mika DON'T get in the shot grrr... :sneaky2:

Edited by OhMyMika!!

• 7 months later...