Mika's backing vocalist 'iMMa' - exclusive Mika blogs!

iMMa

Seems from iMMa's tweeter, that a competition and a big gig in UK will take place in 2011. So glad... she's becoming more and more famous :wink2:! That's awesome :mf_rosetinted:

What do you think the competition will be about ? Let's do a little bit of guessing ...:roftl:

Seems from iMMa's tweeter, that a competition and a big gig in UK will take place in 2011. So glad... she's becoming more and more famous :wink2:! That's awesome :mf_rosetinted:

What do you think the competition will be about ? Let's do a little bit of guessing ...:roftl:

Sounds pretty cool! I wish I lived in the UK. :tears:

I'm so happy for her... She deserves all the good things she's getting! :thumb_yello:

Here 's a part of iMMa's blog on Nov 30th. 2010 :

"I suppose I just wanted to say, Thank you, Thank you to everyone who has supported me this year - to all the new faces and names who have been following me on twitter/myspace/facebook/around the world. I really appreciate your support and encouragement for my own music too. May there be many more Mika tours and iMMa tours too!!!

A HUGE massive thank you to MIKA, thank you for taking me around the world - you are SO talented and I respect and love you dearly. I am blessed.

Thank you to the MFC - you guys are great, you seem to put on a show as much as we do! With your bubbles, flags, balloons, masks, pillows, glasses, banners... everytime it's a surprise for us too!!"

The link for the full text : http://www.facebook.com/notes/imma/fri-26th-november-2010/177820728896452?ref=nf

I think iMMa, your presence on this tour was just essential to its success. You are very talented on stage with Mika but with you're own music too.

Hope to see you in either of your next tour. Too bad your gig are in UK for the moment. Come in France once !!! :teehee:

You were so nice with all of the MFCers. I (secretely hope to see you on Mika 's next tour :wub2:)

Yeah:mf_lustslow:Imma so lovely, In this blog she talks about Brazil and the pillows made for her and all band after she posted a pic on twitter:biggrin2:

@iMMamusic Thank you Brazil - we love you!

http://img2.orkut.com/images/milieu/1290302740/1290341628446/6225238/ln/Z1wz5knc.jpg?ver=1290341639

Yeah:mf_lustslow:Imma so lovely, In this blog she talks about Brazil and the pillows made for her and all band after she posted a pic on twitter:biggrin2:

@iMMamusic Thank you Brazil - we love you!

http://img2.orkut.com/images/milieu/1290302740/1290341628446/6225238/ln/Z1wz5knc.jpg?ver=1290341639

She's so sweet <3 I really hope she'll manage to be on the next tour too!

Paris gig has been rescheduled on Feb 24th, 2011 (by habit, I wrote 2010 before I realise it was wrong... In 18 days, we are in 2011... awesome!!! Time runs...:insane:)

This time, good news, because we expect Mika 3rd album for 2011... :cheerful_h4h::boing:so this time, and this time only I hope it will go very fast (supersonicly... :naughty:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

It's been a while since no post has been made on this thread.:blink:

So last news of iMMa. She's been off to Japan to visit her grand-mother. She has started rehearsing, writing again ... but for the moments, not many gigs

Don't forgot the one in Paris on Feb 24th :mf_rosetinted:: http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=124722920928956

161916_124722920928956_4689115_s.jpg

New blog of iMMa (it's been a while too) :thumb_yello:: http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/notes/imma/happy-new-year-all/190336524311539

• 4 weeks later...

Her last blog on FB :

Fri 11th Feb 2011

.par iMMa, vendredi 11 février 2011, 07:09.Saturday... was a lazy morning and picking up bits and bobs.... walked Banjo, Banjo puked all over the car (was gross... looked like he had eaten a small animal as there was a whole load of intestines and what looked like a small foetus) Honestly I love that dog but he is properly rank at times!!! He continued puking.... I think it was the remains of a dead creature and his body violently reacted to it!!!

I went to my function gig in Oxford and came back at 2:30 then got woken up at 4:30am by Banjo puking again!!! Not nice....

Sunday , dropped the big man off at Heathrow off on his European Tour and headed off to Wimbledon for doggy walks and a day with my sisters! After the walk we headed to the I-Max at Waterloo and watched Tangled in 3D.... AMAZING!! I love Maximus the horse, totally reminded me of Banjo!!! After the movie off to Le Pain Quotidienne for yummy open sandwiches, tea and cakes!!.... Then back home for a good ol' family dinner!!

On Monday - the house was cleaned and I started trying to write a dance track (which yes I am still trying to do!!!), gym and dog walks!!

Tuesday I walked Banjo with my friend Charlotte, her son Alexander and her dog, Freddie - they had good fun as they always do!! After my walk I went to Selfridges to see my friend, Kei Kagami's shoe exhibition, which are being exhibited and you can also buy his shoes there!! He is wonderfully talented and modest - here is a very rare interview of him....

If anyone saw the necklaces from my Album Launch - the zip necklace was an idea of his.

After I saw his exhibition I had a meeting with a lovely lady named Fiona.... after this meeting we have come to the conclusion that she will begin to manage me in the UK (as Laura unfortunately has no more time due to work schedule). So please welcome Fiona to the iMMa Team!!

After my meeting with Fiona, I went to james from Dice Jar to finish a sing we had written previously..... which I love..... Check him out here, he's playing the o2 later this month:

http://www.myspace.com/dicejar

Wednesday took me across to town for a lovely day with my good friend, Amy - please check her music out. She is one of THE most talented musicians, writers EVER. Her lyrics are beautifully poetic... I love her!!! A day of doggy walks, cuddles, fish'n'chips and chats!! Perfect!

http://www.amystudt.com/

Thursday my friend Kate came over for some writing and a catch up - she started writing a song at 2am that morning - so we finished that song... Which was great!! She is again, fabulous.... Check our her serious drumming skills here:

http://www.myspace.com/killakdrums

In the evening.....a night with Jimmy's wife to be... us tour widows have to stick together!! Mark and Jimmy both away so Cat and iMMa will play!!! Cat made me a lovely dinner and then we went to see the fabulous, The Chain play. I have never seen them before, I really enjoyed myself, lyrically and melodically beautiful. If you have not seen them before check them here and if you like what you hear you can even invest in them here

http://www.mymajorcompany.co.uk/Artists/thechain/

This morning I woke up at Cat's had cuddles with Breakfast and then... off to walk Banjo... walked him, went to the Korean Super Market and picked up some frozen gyoza, siu mai, pork buns and my favourite - ice cream mochi!!! YUM!!!! Now here I am writing my blog and procrastinating.... MUST FINISH THIS DANCE TRACK!!!!! AND learn my Senser songs to be ready for my first gig with them on 12th March!!!

Till next week...

Happy valentine's I love you all.....

Will you all be my Valentine's???

Snogs and Cuddles to you all

xx iMMa xx

She's at the moment in NYC... so coooool !

I'm looking forward her show in Paris on Thursday... There was a competition for those who participate :

Here the mail I received :

This is an english version of my previous mail.

iMMa will play her first gig in Paris in 9 days ! Because it's gonna be a great great night, we want to celebrate it, and offer you the possibility to meet the band and be our live reporter !

You wanna try ? Easy ! Answer to those three questions at this email (f_dutronc@hotmail.com) before sunday 20th (00h00).

What do you win ? A special meeting on Feb 24th afternoon, following the band in Paris, talking, joking, interviewing... whatever, then come with us at the soundcheck and assist to the concert. After that crazy day and night, you're free to send us a live-report that we will publish (if you're ok) on the website and iMMa's press kit !

The questions :

- how did you discover iMMa

- can you tell us why you love her, why is she inspiring you ?

- what kind of perfect gig will she perform ? let's be crazy, city, place, planet, set, guests...

On Feb. 20th, the contest ends. On Feb. 22nd, I announce the winner here on Facebook (and send an email to the winner with all the detail).

Only condition to try, be able to speak english !

Have fun !!

Flore

f_dutronc@hotmail.com

I answer, I hope to be chosen. It would be SOOOO great to meet her and do all this stuff...:aah:

She's at the moment in NYC... so coooool !

I'm looking forward her show in Paris on Thursday... There was a competition for those who participate :

Here the mail I received :

This is an english version of my previous mail.

iMMa will play her first gig in Paris in 9 days ! Because it's gonna be a great great night, we want to celebrate it, and offer you the possibility to meet the band and be our live reporter !

You wanna try ? Easy ! Answer to those three questions at this email (f_dutronc@hotmail.com) before sunday 20th (00h00).

What do you win ? A special meeting on Feb 24th afternoon, following the band in Paris, talking, joking, interviewing... whatever, then come with us at the soundcheck and assist to the concert. After that crazy day and night, you're free to send us a live-report that we will publish (if you're ok) on the website and iMMa's press kit !

The questions :

- how did you discover iMMa

- can you tell us why you love her, why is she inspiring you ?

- what kind of perfect gig will she perform ? let's be crazy, city, place, planet, set, guests...

On Feb. 20th, the contest ends. On Feb. 22nd, I announce the winner here on Facebook (and send an email to the winner with all the detail).

Only condition to try, be able to speak english !

Have fun !!

Flore

f_dutronc@hotmail.com

I answer, I hope to be chosen. It would be SOOOO great to meet her and do all this stuff...:aah:

that`s soo great^^

I wish I would have known that such an contest existed!!!

I adore iMMas music!!

have you been choosen?

So, the gig when it finally got started after the I Love Music people sorted out whatever problems they were having for the livestream, was absolutely mind blowing!

I never realised what energy Imma had, and her band are incredible musicians. During Tear Out My Heart, I thought the drummer was going smash through the drums, he was belting them so hard. :naughty:

Thankfully he didn't and it was a pure adreniln filled set. The new track (titled Wonderful at the moment, but not finished yet, so could change), was excellent, and if all the new songs Immas writing are of that quality, she is going to go through the stratosphere!

Can't wait for her to go on the road, will be there rocking up the front.:thumb_yello:

So, the gig when it finally got started after the I Love Music people sorted out whatever problems they were having for the livestream, was absolutely mind blowing!

I never realised what energy Imma had, and her band are incredible musicians. During Tear Out My Heart, I thought the drummer was going smash through the drums, he was belting them so hard. :naughty:

Thankfully he didn't and it was a pure adreniln filled set. The new track (titled Wonderful at the moment, but not finished yet, so could change), was excellent, and if all the new songs Immas writing are of that quality, she is going to go through the stratosphere!

Can't wait for her to go on the road, will be there rocking up the front.:thumb_yello:

Glad you had such a great time! :wub2: I'd love to see her live, maybe someday she'll come here, or (in a very remote option) I'll be able to see her abroad! :naughty:

Edited by Mary

Glad you had such a great time! :wub2: I'd love to see her live, maybe someday she'll come here, or (in a very remote option) I'll be able see her abroad! :naughty:

I wish I could have got to see her sooner, but darn glad I made it today, best way to spend a damp day in London, she brightened it up. Seriously!

It was grey and raining going in, and the sun was out when I left. Fantastic!

You will adore her, she is truly awesome!:wub2: