Hows 2009 been for you ?

FREDDIESDOUBLE

How has you year been?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. How has you year been?

• The best year yet ! Amazing and everything Ive asked for
    • Nearly the best year ever , been amazing!
    • A great year ! in my top 3 for sure
    • Not bad , but for sure no disasters
    • Neither good nor bad , just average
    • Bad but nothing too tragic
    • A bad year but not in my top 3
    • In my top 3 worst years
    • Not my worst year but pretty close!
    • The worst year ever! lets hope 2010 is better

hard to make a choice on the poll... when it comes to mika, or to travelling, it was one of the best years. but for several other reasons, it was one of the worst. lost my job, got dumped by boyfriend, health problems due to stress, working overtime a lot and hardly having any free time, only to hear that it didn't help at all for keeping the job. :annoyed_h4h: guess i'll vote for one of the worst years then, as those are the important things in life, not mika or travelling. :sad:

well, it can only get better next year. :biggrin2:

oh

sorry to read this karin

:huglove:

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

This year has been hurrendous ! Awful Awful , Sh*t , Sh*t !! Definately one of my worst 3 .. probably THE worst ...

2009 go awayyyy ! :roftl:

Mainly due to family problems , stress at university , and the job market being crap !

Though it has had its upsides too , graduated from university , met Brian May :wub2: and great supportive friends all year round :wub2:

2010 can only get better though , must plough on and stay strong :biggrin2:

Edited by mikas_gal07

2009 has been great! just after 2007 (where i spent the whole summer with my best friend and visited europe, america and the UK.)

in 2009 i HAVE SEEN MIKA LIVE FOR THE FIRST TIME. I have travelled to Sydney, I have started a new school, I've come in the top 3 in half of my classes, i have moved to town.

also in 2009 i was forced to sell my horse. my dog died of 1080, i got very sick alot. i had to give away my budgie. a friend commited suicide. another friend got stabbed to death. I got bullied at school, quite badly. and i had to move to town.

The year went pretty bad for me, up to about 3 weeks ago and everything is coming out in roses; and the rest of the year looks promising :thumb_yello:

I voted that it was the worst year I've ever had.

# I ended up having an operation to remove a cyst.

# I tolerated very painful headaches for 2 weeks and thought shooting myself in the head would be less painful.

# I was admitted into hospital (for 6 weeks) where I had seizures and had 2 large clots in my brain.

# I had to learn how to walk and use my right arm again (which still sometimes doesn't work well but anyways).

# I was so utterly miserable that I didn't really know what to do o who to talk to

# I was offered, and accepted a job, and still don't know when I'm supposed to start.

# I am reliant on other people to take me places, I can't drive myself around anywhere cause my licence is still suspended.

# Completely ignored the fact that they did not treat me for 2 weeks, and said there was no record of me showing up on one day (which I know I did).

On the up side:

# I got to spend time with some close friends not only in Sydney, but also on the Gold Coast.

# I truly know how much people on here care about me.

# I know that Mika actually knows who I am, and was sweet enough to tweet me.

# He was even sweeter, and sent me flowers... seriously, does anyone know of any other famous person who would be as kind to send flowers to someone they don't even know???

# I met MFCers that I hadn't met before

# I finally saw Mika on stage after 2 1/2 years and it was like he never left

# I got toe opportunity to thank Mika for the flowers nad to give him a big hug... it was a simple gesture on his part, but it meant the world to me and I'll never forget it.

# I got to be a Big Girl on stage

# I got to meet Martin

So I guess me voting for the worst year ever isn't completely true... Yes I had an absolutely ****ty year and I hope I never have one like it again, but I had to go through all the physical and emotional pain to get to the good stuff, and those moments (like the flowers and having the opportunity to see Mika and tell how much I appreciated them) are absolutely priceless.

I voted that it was the worst year I've ever had.

# I ended up having an operation to remove a cyst.

# I tolerated very painful headaches for 2 weeks and thought shooting myself in the head would be less painful.

# I was admitted into hospital (for 6 weeks) where I had seizures and had 2 large clots in my brain.

# I had to learn how to walk and use my right arm again (which still sometimes doesn't work well but anyways).

# I was so utterly miserable that I didn't really know what to do o who to talk to

# I was offered, and accepted a job, and still don't know when I'm supposed to start.

# I am reliant on other people to take me places, I can't drive myself around anywhere cause my licence is still suspended.

# Completely ignored the fact that they did not treat me for 2 weeks, and said there was no record of me showing up on one day (which I know I did).

On the up side:

# I got to spend time with some close friends not only in Sydney, but also on the Gold Coast.

# I truly know how much people on here care about me.

# I know that Mika actually knows who I am, and was sweet enough to tweet me.

# He was even sweeter, and sent me flowers... seriously, does anyone know of any other famous person who would be as kind to send flowers to someone they don't even know???

# I met MFCers that I hadn't met before

# I finally saw Mika on stage after 2 1/2 years and it was like he never left

# I got toe opportunity to thank Mika for the flowers nad to give him a big hug... it was a simple gesture on his part, but it meant the world to me and I'll never forget it.

# I got to be a Big Girl on stage

# I got to meet Martin

So I guess me voting for the worst year ever isn't completely true... Yes I had an absolutely ****ty year and I hope I never have one like it again, but I had to go through all the physical and emotional pain to get to the good stuff, and those moments (like the flowers and having the opportunity to see Mika and tell how much I appreciated them) are absolutely priceless.

That is quite a rollercoaster year!:shocked:

Definitely one of the best for me :biggrin2: It's been a wonderful year in a wonderful country, I've met loads of lovely people, and settled in nicely to my new home. Oh, and there have been lots of amazing Mika memories too, including my first gig :biggrin2:

huh. funny, I thought I replied to this forum but I didn't :blink:

I ticked "Not bad , but for sure no disasters" because it's really been a stressful year with exams and pressure from everyone and IB choices and ugh it just seems as if every week I'm so busy I can't even spare two seconds to run over to my CD player to flick the on switch so I can listen to music while I revise. XD

But last week was Mika's concert and even though I didn't get to meet him (stupid parents with their stupid curfew! :( and I STILL got grounded for coming back late...:P) but IT WAS THE MOST AWESOME CONCERT EVER and I lost my Mika-gig virginity so yay! :D

hopefully 2010 will be slightly better! XD or is that too much to hope for?

Crappy and messy for sure :mf_rosetinted:

Awwww next year better! defo defo

looks like I'm in the minority group then :aah:

Wellllll putting my statisics head on :naughty: .. 28% have had a worse than average year soo hmmm your not

Funny enough when I was your ageeeeeeeee:roftl: .. I was student and it was a recession then!! I was stacking shelves in argos , living at home .. I didnt give a toss or tbh really know mortgage rates and all that nasty stuff as you get older ...

Its only when I got my own place (bills , mortage etc etc grrrr) and a responsible job that years like this year realllly hurt :boxed:

Wellllll putting my statisics head on :naughty: .. 28% have had a worse than average year soo hmmm your not

Funny enough when I was your ageeeeeeeee:roftl: .. I was student and it was a recession then!! I was stacking shelves in argos , living at home .. I didnt give a toss or tbh really know mortgage rates and all that nasty stuff as you get older ...

Its only when I got my own place (bills , mortage etc etc grrrr) and a responsible job that years like this year realllly hurt :boxed:

Ah I see, yes it would be a bad year for home-owners and stuff. My parents have had a rough year and I've had to listen to their arguements a lot...so that's why it hasn't been "the best" year, plus I want to quit my job but there are no jobs anywhere.

Event wise, this year has been a total hit. I've done and seen a fair amount and that's something I'm really proud of and happy about.

Awwww next year better! defo defo

ive started to young :boxed:

oh well the way i look at it i will still be young and see my kids grow old :wub2: