Hows 2009 been for you ?

FREDDIESDOUBLE

How has you year been?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. How has you year been?

• The best year yet ! Amazing and everything Ive asked for
    • Nearly the best year ever , been amazing!
    • A great year ! in my top 3 for sure
    • Not bad , but for sure no disasters
    • Neither good nor bad , just average
    • Bad but nothing too tragic
    • A bad year but not in my top 3
    • In my top 3 worst years
    • Not my worst year but pretty close!
    • The worst year ever! lets hope 2010 is better

I went ahead and voted the Best Year Yet. My reasons?

- I have had a wonderful year with Kenton, my fiance...and I am certainly excited about our fairly recent engagement. Today we set our wedding date and already have our pastor, church, and reception booked. :)

- All of my family is healthy and happy. I can't ask for better than that.

- I am on my way to finishing my senior year in college. One more semester to go!

- I was able to have some more amazing concert experiences....being on stage with my hero, G. Stefani, was a complete dream! And getting to meet Mika once again and hear that he's framed my cross stitch work was such an unexpected treat too.

- I have a new job that I really like and is low stress.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's been one of my best years and one of my worst. Up until August was completely amazing, and then once September started, everything went to hell. It doesn't look like it's getting any better, either. 2010 had better be f*cking great because right now I fail to see any point in carrying on :huh:

I think I've might have been a bit too quick to say that this wasn't such a bad year. My friend tried to commit suicide a couple of days ago, and is now in intensive care. Luckily they were able to save him but they still can't evaluate the damage the poison did to him.:boxed:

I think I've might have been a bit too quick to say that this wasn't such a bad year. My friend tried to commit suicide a couple of days ago, and is now in intensive care. Luckily they were able to save him but they still can't evaluate the damage the poison did to him.:boxed:

:boxed::boxed:

I went ahead and voted the Best Year Yet. My reasons?

- I have had a wonderful year with Kenton, my fiance...and I am certainly excited about our fairly recent engagement. Today we set our wedding date and already have our pastor, church, and reception booked.

- All of my family is healthy and happy. I can't ask for better than that.

- I am on my way to finishing my senior year in college. One more semester to go!

- I was able to have some more amazing concert experiences....being on stage with my hero, G. Stefani, was a complete dream! And getting to meet Mika once again and hear that he's framed my cross stitch work was such an unexpected treat too.

- I have a new job that I really like and is low stress.

ooh congratulations on getting engaged that''s nice :biggrin2::wub2:

i've never been to a wedding myself only funerals!!! it's extremelly depressing :boxed:

maybe one day i'll get to go to a wedding eh???

ohh that's cool that you got to go on stage with gwen she's quite cool :0 just gotten into her stuff this past year :) I love the album l.a.m.b:biggrin2:

aww that's so nice he framed your cross stitch work how sweet:wub2::biggrin:

It's been one of my best years and one of my worst. Up until August was completely amazing, and then once September started, everything went to hell. It doesn't look like it's getting any better, either. 2010 had better be f*cking great because right now I fail to see any point in carrying on :huh

aww so sorry to hear that :huglove: I wish you a wonderful 2010

OMG I hope he'll be o.k :huglove: my best wishes to you & him too

:huglove huglove: huglove: :huglove: :huglove :huglove:

aww thanks :wub2:

It's been both good and bad for me.

The first half was great - I was living in a great part of Tokyo, I participated in a bunch of fun events organised by the agency that was renting out the flat I was living in, I met a whole load of insanely cool Buddhist people, I went to Kyoto, Saitama and Toyama Prefecture, I secured myself a translation job, I went to Spain for the first time and loved it...

And then came the second part of the year, immediately after the Spain trip had ended. Cue epic family drama that dropped upon us like an atomic bomb (and still hasn't ceased), along with a collection of other terrible woes that I shan't go into because knowledge of them has been known to cause people to suddenly become rabid, start flailing and run around screaming. :P Things are about to get worse too. Yaaaayyyy.

I'd like to skip the next few months and suddenly end up in August, when I'll finally start my job in Japan and things won't be so bleak any more.

Guest whalesfood

started off horrible with recovering from a stroke i had the beginning of the year from my fabry's. getting diagnosed with that and getting depressed about that, spent 2 months in an old folks home but it was awesome. i'm 22 going on 60 anyways for the most part so it was rad. but with all of that i learned how strong of a person i am and how far i truly can go with will power and my stubbornness. lol. i lost my dad but i had an amazing 3 months with him before that happened and instead of him dying as the asshole i always thought he was he died as one of my best friends and i'm glad that got to happen at least. would prefer to have him still alive but you don't get to choose those things. life does. i also lost my grandparents but my grandpa had a huge huge stroke about 2 years ago he never recovered from at all and he had another minor one in march he wound up in a coma over and my grandma had such horrible alzheimers she couldn't remember anyone and couldn't take care of herself. so it was a relief kind of to see that all happen. even if it did just about kill me.

but on the pluses. i got into harvard for my dad. i had a b average at harvard after a stroke with a full load. if i can't be proud of that i am not ever going to be proud of myself on a scholastic level. it might as well of been straight a's. haha. i realized how unbelievably lucky i am to have all of the people in my life i still have and how spoiled i am to have that. then i met the most amazing guy who came out of nowhere with a simple question and i can't for the life of me stop smiling now since october and because of him i've seen the world pretty much and i can't at all be any happier. it's the most amazing year of my life. the hardest year absolutely. and a lot of life lessons learned i never wanted to learn at 22. but like i said before life doesn't let you choose those things. it chooses them for you. it was all worth it in the end. i would never trade a single ounce of this year for anything. especially this last part of it.

started off horrible with recovering from a stroke i had the beginning of the year from my fabry's. getting diagnosed with that and getting depressed about that, spent 2 months in an old folks home but it was awesome. i'm 22 going on 60 anyways for the most part so it was rad. but with all of that i learned how strong of a person i am and how far i truly can go with will power and my stubbornness. lol. i lost my dad but i had an amazing 3 months with him before that happened and instead of him dying as the asshole i always thought he was he died as one of my best friends and i'm glad that got to happen at least. would prefer to have him still alive but you don't get to choose those things. life does. i also lost my grandparents but my grandpa had a huge huge stroke about 2 years ago he never recovered from at all and he had another minor one in march he wound up in a coma over and my grandma had such horrible alzheimers she couldn't remember anyone and couldn't take care of herself. so it was a relief kind of to see that all happen. even if it did just about kill me.

but on the pluses. i got into harvard for my dad. i had a b average at harvard after a stroke with a full load. if i can't be proud of that i am not ever going to be proud of myself on a scholastic level. it might as well of been straight a's. haha. i realized how unbelievably lucky i am to have all of the people in my life i still have and how spoiled i am to have that. then i met the most amazing guy who came out of nowhere with a simple question and i can't for the life of me stop smiling now since october and because of him i've seen the world pretty much and i can't at all be any happier. it's the most amazing year of my life. the hardest year absolutely. and a lot of life lessons learned i never wanted to learn at 22. but like i said before life doesn't let you choose those things. it chooses them for you. it was all worth it in the end. i would never trade a single ounce of this year for anything. especially this last part of it.

whoa and I thought my year sucked that sounds absolutely awful what you went through but I'm glad you've done well getting into harvard & meeting someone nice good for you :huglove:

Guest whalesfood
whoa and I thought my year sucked that sounds absolutely awful what you went through but I'm glad you've done well getting into harvard & meeting someone nice good for you :huglove:

thank you very much <3 :huglove:

:harp:The best years of my life, AMAZING. Search for my country was not as badly affected by the recession, as the other countries of the world, thank God, our economy was strong enough to take the overall effect.

And for me especially, was a year of personal achievements, my greatest dreams come true, see Europe and MEET THE INCREDIBLE MIKA on 21-9, I always dreamed about this since the beginning of 2007, my country is far away and could not one way this can happen, but miraculously happened. The excitement took over my heart and I watched all the videos happen to me: I was in Brick Lane in the van of ice cream, went to TV Paul O'Grady Show and watched the secret show in Bloomsbury, all on the same day, extraordinary as positive thinking does happen our strongest desires. :clap:

Therefore, 2009 is a special year and will always be remembered as the best years of my life. Thank you for being able to share this with you the MFC that helped me on that.:clap::clap::clap::groupwave:

Kisses

Katita

:woot_jump:2009 Great Year!!!!!

ooh congratulations on getting engaged that''s nice :biggrin2::wub2:

i've never been to a wedding myself only funerals!!! it's extremelly depressing :boxed:

maybe one day i'll get to go to a wedding eh???

ohh that's cool that you got to go on stage with gwen she's quite cool :0 just gotten into her stuff this past year :) I love the album l.a.m.b:biggrin2:

aww that's so nice he framed your cross stitch work how sweet:wub2::biggrin:

aww so sorry to hear that :huglove: I wish you a wonderful 2010

OMG I hope he'll be o.k :huglove: my best wishes to you & him too

aww thanks :wub2:

Thanks DarkLight! Me...I haven't been to any funerals lately, thankfully.

thank you very much <3 :huglove:

you're welcome I hope 2010 will be even better for you (fingers crossed) :huglove:

Thanks DarkLight! Me...I haven't been to any funerals lately, thankfully.

you're welcome :D

ohh that's good, me I've been to more in my lifetime than I've had hot dinners (or at least it feels that way anyhow:boxed:) hopefully i'll get to go to a wedding someday, I hope one day before i turn 30 it'll be my own too (I just have to nab a guy 1st lol)

• 2 weeks later...

I think I had a good 2009. When it comes to MIKA I had an AMAZING year.

I got 2 hugs from MIKA, and a picture. I got to see him 3 times :)

Also, I saw HOLLY three times this year:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

BAD:

Gained weight:aah:

• 2 weeks later...