Wax statue of Mika in the Grévin Museum

Droopsy

Very happy for those who will be getting in to the opening ceremonies!

It's not the first time that I was wishing I lived in Paris! :wub2:

I'll just have to be sure to plan a trip soon, I guess... :wink2:

He wouldn't wear that damn Wiz hat either, no matter how hard people tried. :roftl:

No, he didn't!:roftl:

I received an email of confirmation for Grevin: so I will be there!!!:clap::winner_second_h4h:

Congrats!:thumb_yello:

Please take a picture if it's allowed!:wink2:

I think my question earlier was skipped when there were other topics we were discussing, but I'd like to undestand the enthusiasm, so let me ask it again: Is Mika going to be there to perform / unveil the statue himself? (sorry if it was already mentioned, I was not reading the thread and the first post does not mention this)

I received an email of confirmation for Grevin: so I will be there!!!:clap::winner_second_h4h:

Oh, that's great, well done!!! :yay:

It's not the first time that I was wishing I lived in Paris! :wub2:

Well, you must be one of a kind then, cause normally this is the sort of thing that people seem to say about London :naughty:

No, he didn't!:roftl:

And we DID try, didn't we? You even tried working your charm on Andy and he wasn't having any of it :lmfao: That was hilarious :wub2:

We've been carting that hat around half the world since November 2008 and he always refused to wear it :aah:.

I think my question earlier was skipped when there were other topics we were discussing, but I'd like to undestand the enthusiasm, so let me ask it again: Is Mika going to be there to perform / unveil the statue himself?

Hmmm, I am not entirely sure, but I think the answer is "no" to performing, and "possibly" to some party? Not sure if the party is happening at the same time of the unveiling? :dunno: To be honest, I know nothing :roftl:

Well, you must be one of a kind then, cause normally this is the sort of thing that people seem to say about London :naughty:

:shocked: I *am* one of a kind, you never realized that before? :blink:

:wink2:

But yes, I would prefer London, of course. But Paris would do almost as

well. I just adore the big cities. :wub2:

Hmmm, I am not entirely sure, but I think the answer is "no" to performing, and "possibly" to some party? Not sure if the party is happening at the same time of the unveiling? :dunno: To be honest, I know nothing :roftl:

I don't believe he's performing. At some point somewhere I did read that

he would be there for the unveiling -- there was some talk of a party, I

think it's a rumor Mika may have even started himself, but I don't think that

was ever anything definite. :dunno:

And we DID try, didn't we? You even tried working your charm on Andy and he wasn't having any of it :lmfao: That was hilarious :wub2:

We've been carting that hat around half the world since November 2008 and he always refused to wear it :aah:.

Maybe Andy had warned him about it?:naughty:

When I handed the hat to him he just laughed and shook his head, and the girls around me were ready with their cameras and all!:roftl:

But at least he signed it, he wrote something about the stars...or was it "up to the moon"??:wub2:

Well, the hat has a safe home with Lollipop_monkey right now!:wub2:

:wink2:

But yes, I would prefer London, of course. But Paris would do almost as

well. I just adore the big cities. :wub2:

oh deb! you ARE one of a kind! :wub2:

apparently mika did mention to some fans something about he'd like to do a bal masqué. i wonder if he even remembers saying it :teehee:

i suppose he'll be there, so they can take the "twin" picture :aah:

i wonder if they had to give wax Mika a quick haircut this week :roftl:

Oops :naughty:. Ahem, yes, of course :blush-anim-cl:.

:roftl:

Ah, one of those Mika rumours :roftl:. I guess that we shall find out on the 6th then! But I would suppose that he will be there, because if he's in Europe there doesn't seem to be any good reason for him not to attend, no?

Maybe Andy had warned him about it?:naughty:

When I handed the hat to him he just laughed and shook his head, and the girls around me were ready with their cameras and all!:roftl:

But at least he signed it, he wrote something about the stars...or was it "up to the moon"??:wub2:

Yeah, he always seemed pretty horrified by the hat, but he wrote a nice thing on it. I think that he wrote "To the moon!!" on it and a couple kisses.

Mana can confirm, as she has the hat in her powerrrrrrrrr :wink2:

apparently mika did mention to some fans something about he'd like to do a bal masqué. i wonder if he even remembers saying it :teehee:

:floor:

i wonder if they went for the "apple" pose

:aah: I think all wax figures should have their mouths shut. It looks better that way.

because of all these stories is that I regret not having entered in MFC before... and i've been loving mika for a VERY LONG TIME :( and that's the reason why i know he would never be rude to anyone :aah:

Oh well you're here now. We'll get you caught up in no time. Just look at basicamenteyo. She made it her business to find out everything. :fisch:

You should see the way that girl caught him by the head.

Yeah wow, I just saw that today. :shocked:

I received an email of confirmation for Grevin: so I will be there!!!:clap:

Fabulous!! :yay: Have a great time and let us know how it was.

So how did Mana end up with it if you got it signed? I never quite got this story. Was this in Scandinavia?

:lmao:

Are we calling him Wax Mika then?

:aah: I think all wax figures should have their mouths shut. It looks better that way.

:lmao:

Are we calling him Wax Mika then?

:aah: actually, that would look extremely scary if his mouth was opened!

well, we HAVE to differentiate which mika we are talking about, now that there are 2 of him :bleh:

:aah:

It was a joke. Mika knew that it was a joke. It took place a year and a half ago. What is there to discuss? :blink:

Nothing, but since it's a joke I don't see why it shouldn't be mentioned on MFC. :dunno:

Besides (as I've just said in other thread :mf_rosetinted:) I think it's ok from him not wanting that kind of contact. It's sweet enough from him to meet his fans almost every time. It must not be that easy to be surrounded by all that crazy people all the time :naughty: The thing is that maybe we kinda forget he is a human being :mf_rosetinted: I don't know if I could deal with us the way he does after some time, always with a big smile on his face :wub2:

*agrees*

I think my question earlier was skipped when there were other topics we were discussing, but I'd like to undestand the enthusiasm, so let me ask it again: Is Mika going to be there to perform / unveil the statue himself? (sorry if it was already mentioned, I was not reading the thread and the first post does not mention this)

I suppose there will be a party with important guests and the press. I mean, that's quite predictable in my opinion.

And Mika will dress up for the occasion! :swoon:

Possibly with shorter hair. :mf_rosetinted:

PS I'm glad another fan got the invitation! Have fun! :punk:

I hope not.....I hope they're lazy and keep his curls! :fangurl:

Edited by crazyaboutmika

So how did Mana end up with it if you got it signed? I never quite got this story. Was this in Scandinavia?

Sienna got Mika to sign it in Berlin, in the summer 2009. After that, I took the hat to Milan and New York I believe, and it even went to Toronto in the fall, and later on to Scandinavia....Where I think at one point Mana found it in our hotel room (apparently I left it behind? :blink: I can't recall) so this is how she kept it.

That hat has been everywhere :biggrin2:, it's well travelled.

Nothing, but since it's a joke I don't see why it shouldn't be mentioned on MFC. :dunno:

Mentioning it, of course. Saying that I was upset because Mika rejected my "present", no, becuase it's untrue. There's a big difference. And you know well what the difference is, because of your good friend's comments on this :wink2:

Oh and here is the thread where we started plotting the boxers thing, it was hilarious!!!

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=19114

Anyway, Fran, look :roftl: here is an example of Mika getting a "real" gift that we meant as a proper present (and being a bit "candid" in the process)

[YOUTUBE]LpndO_L-X7Q[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by sariflor

Anyway, Fran, look :roftl: here is an example of Mika getting a "real" gift that we meant as a proper present (and being a bit "candid" in the process)

Ooooown, he's the sweetest ever :wub2: But, look, you're not still thinking that I didn't understand your point, right? :teehee: