What do you know/think about Spain?

MrGuilleWill

Well, I'm Spanish and I want to know what people from other countries knows or thinks 'bout my country, Spain. (This is for a school project so please help me :roftl:)

1. Do you know any Spanish person?

2. Have you ever been in Spain?

3. What do you think about Spanish people?

4. Wich topics do you know about Spain?

Thank you, if you comment you're making me a enormous favour :D

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, I'm Spanish and I want to know what people from other countries knows or thinks 'bout my country, Spain. (This is for a school project so please help me :roftl:)

1) I've met a few Spanish people, some who still live in Spain and some who don't

2) I haven't, but I would love to

3) When I think of Spain I think of a culture whose people embrace a social way of life revolving around food, drink, nightlife, music, art and other things that enrich life

4) The very first Spain-related topics that come to mind are the running of the bulls, flamenco dancing, and eating tapas. :aah:

1. Do you know any Spanish person? personally no, some celebrities yes.

2. Have you ever been in Spain? no. I've been to 8 countries of western europe, but not spain. If I could have another chance to go to Europe, Spain would be the first place to go.

3. What do you think about Spanish people? beautiful girls, hot guys :naughty:

4. Wich topics do you know about Spain? well Cataluña , Castilla....some political issues maybe...

1. Do you know any Spanish person? personally no, some celebrities yes.

2. Have you ever been in Spain? no. I've been to 8 countries of western europe, but not spain. If I could have another chance to go to Europe, Spain would be the first place to go.

3. What do you think about Spanish people? beautiful girls, hot guys :naughty:

4. Wich topics do you know about Spain? well Cataluña , Castilla....some political issues maybe...

Thank you!!!!:teehee:

1-I know a few people, mostly from Catalunya

2-I have been in the Catalunya region last September :biggrin2:

3-Most people I met were nice and friendly tho some more laid back than in America

4-Culture, food, flamenco, history, languages and a bit of politics

Yep, I met some people who were studying in the same college as me.

Yep, but mainly in Galicia... which is a shame, since I live "next door". One day I'll visit Spain properly.

They're nice, friendly latin people (just like us, portuguese :naughty:). The only thing that bothers me is that they tend to speak too fast :aah:, and sometimes don't mind if others understand or not. Obviously I'm not saying it's EVERYONE :naughty: but yet... And I think it annoys the portuguese people, cause we often make an effort to speak a bit of spanish to the spanish tourists, you know? :naughty: Oh well... But yes,nuestros hermanos are mostly nice people! :thumb_yello:

Flamenco. Bull fights. Paella. Prince Felipe & Letizia. Some geography. Football. Language (including some swear words I'm not going to post here. :roftl:)............

Happy to help!

1) I've met many Spanish people in my life from all regions of Spain, particularly Catalans. I don't really have Spanish 'friends' though, none that I keep in touch with at least.

2) I've been to Spain many times. I had lots of Spanish holidays as a child, to the Costas and the Balearics/Canaries. I've visited Madrid and Barcelona five or six times each and love them both, though they are very very different :wub2:. I also lived and worked in Barcelona for six months.

3) It's hard to generalise, but if I must, I'd say I find the Spanish love life, love the arts, food, conversation, their history (very proud nation), they talk a lot, enjoy discussion and debate, and are very family orientated.

4) I know quite a lot about Spain as I studied it at Uni. For me the most intersting topics to study about the country were: the language, diversity of dialects and languages of the autonomous regions; food and drink; history, especially the Golden Age; the Civil War; the art of Spain ( I LOVE the Prado Museum :wub2:).

Hope it has helped un poquito :biggrin2:

Edit: omg yes how could I forget? Spanish men are very nice LOL!!

1. No one personally

2. Once in Barcelona

3. They are verrry laid back and easy going. And they speak FAST. :blink::teehee:

4. Flamenco, food (paella, tortilla, fish dishes etc.) corrida, some inner political conflicts (Catalunya vs Castilla etc.), "¿Por qué no te callas?", football (FC Barcelona, Real Madrid and its "cheap" shopping), arts (Plácido Domingo (:teehee:), Montserrat Caballé, Gaudi and its creations, Salvador Dalí, Miguel de Cervantes etc.) some history like Franco years, guerilla and some other small topics.

Yep, I met some people who were studying in the same college as me.

Yep, but mainly in Galicia... which is a shame, since I live "next door". One day I'll visit Spain properly.

They're nice, friendly latin people (just like us, portuguese). The only thing that bothers me is that they tend to speak too fast :aah:, and sometimes don't mind if others understand or not. Obviously I'm not saying it's EVERYONE :naughty: but yet... And I think it annoys the portuguese people, cause we often make an effort to speak a bit of spanish to the spanish tourists, you know? Oh well... But yes,nuestros hermanos are mostly nice people!

Flamenco. Bull fights. Paella. Prince Felipe & Letizia. Some geography. Football. Language (including some swear words I'm not going to post here. :roftl:)............

Hii! I really enjoyed your comment. I never noticed that we used to talk fast! I knew we don't use to know lenguages but, i haven't hear it ever.

I know portuguese people try it. I've been in Portugal and people there is veeeeery nice and you can understand them even you don't know any portugues.

And, well, it annoys me a lot that some people make that f***ing s**t. I really hate bullfighting, i see it like a torture:sneaky2:.

Really love your comment :thumb_yello:

Happy to help!

1) I've met many Spanish people in my life from all regions of Spain, particularly Catalans. I don't really have Spanish 'friends' though, none that I keep in touch with at least.

2) I've been to Spain many times. I had lots of Spanish holidays as a child, to the Costas and the Balearics/Canaries. I've visited Madrid and Barcelona five or six times each and love them both, though they are very very different :wub2:. I also lived and worked in Barcelona for six months.

3) It's hard to generalise, but if I must, I'd say I find the Spanish love life, love the arts, food, conversation, their history (very proud nation), they talk a lot, enjoy discussion and debate, and are very family orientated.

4) I know quite a lot about Spain as I studied it at Uni. For me the most intersting topics to study about the country were: the language, diversity of dialects and languages of the autonomous regions; food and drink; history, especially the Golden Age; the Civil War; the art of Spain ( I LOVE the Prado Museum ).

Hope it has helped un poquito :biggrin2:

Edit: omg yes how could I forget? Spanish men are very nice LOL!!

Hi! Your comment had been very useful too. I'm sometimes proud of my country, but sometimes it really sucks. I think it's the same everywhere.

I live in Madrid and i've been in Barcelona lots of times and I know they are very different. In my opinion, Madrid is more Cosmopolita (do you understand it) and more modern and Barcelona is more artistic and beautifull (the best thing you can do there is go losse through the streets).

I really enjoy eating and drinking :naughty:

It has really helped. It has helped muchito.

Hope that coment is for me too

1. No one personally

2. Once in Barcelona

3. They are verrry laid back and easy going. And they speak FAST. :blink::teehee:

4. Flamenco' date=' food (paella, tortilla, fish dishes etc.) corrida, some inner political conflicts (Catalunya vs Castilla etc.), [b']"¿Por qué no te callas?", [/b]football (FC Barcelona, Real Madrid and its "cheap" shopping), arts (Plácido Domingo (:teehee:), Montserrat Caballé, Gaudi and its creations, Salvador Dalí, Miguel de Cervantes etc.) some history like Franco years, guerilla and some other small topics.

Thank you for the comment. Its very interesting!!

Another one telling we speak fast? It's becoming true! :roftl:

Well, that ¿Por qué no te callas? has served to people can remember Spain

Yes, 95 million €. Don't you have it? Haha

Thank all you who had wrote because you're wonderfull. Hope i'll give you the favour in other moment.

Hii! I really enjoyed your comment. I never noticed that we used to talk fast! I knew we don't use to know lenguages but, i haven't hear it ever.

I know portuguese people try it. I've been in Portugal and people there is veeeeery nice and you can understand them even you don't know any portugues.

And, well, it annoys me a lot that some people make that f***ing s**t. I really hate bullfighting, i see it like a torture:sneaky2:.

Really love your comment :thumb_yello:

Thanks! I'm glad I could help! :thumb_yello:

Yes, you guys speak fast. :aah: Italians do too, and probably some foreign people say the same about the Portuguese! :naughty:

I hate bullfights too. Here in Portugal we have that too, but at least now it's forbidden to kill the bull... But anyway, it's horrible. :sneaky2:

Well I know awfully few about Spain I guess, but from what I do know I think it's a cool country. Haven't been there or met Spanish people yet, but I'd love to. What I think of is warm weather, the flamenco (sure :teehee:), Spanish food too.

Archived