The Camera Thread

lollipop_monkey

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What kind of camera are you looking for, a point and shoot, DSLR, or maybe a bridge?

euhm :blush-anim-cl:

i don't know anything about it, it's got to be one that's good enough for gigs, but not too good so it can't be refused....

don't know what a point and shoot, DSLR or Bridge are :blush-anim-cl::blush-anim-cl:

euhm :blush-anim-cl:

i don't know anything about it, it's got to be one that's good enough for gigs, but not too good so it can't be refused....

don't know what a point and shoot, DSLR or Bridge are :blush-anim-cl::blush-anim-cl:

Point and shoot it just an ordinary camera like this http://www.canon.ie/For_Home/Product_Finder/Cameras/Digital_Camera/PowerShot/PowerShot_SX210_IS/

DSLR is a camera with a detachable lens, it can have more functions than the one above. These are the ones difficult to get into gigs.

A bridge is a mix of the two. It's a bulky-ish camera, bigger than the first - looks like a DSLR but doesn't have a detachable lens like the DSLR.

I got a new camera today for the Lovebox festival since you can't take DSLR's. Also got two 8BG memory cards on amazon for £8! Go and check that out because they cost about £30 each in Comet :shocked:

What did you buy?

Point and shoot it just an ordinary camera like this http://www.canon.ie/For_Home/Product_Finder/Cameras/Digital_Camera/PowerShot/PowerShot_SX210_IS/

DSLR is a camera with a detachable lens, it can have more functions than the one above. These are the ones difficult to get into gigs.

A bridge is a mix of the two. It's a bulky-ish camera, bigger than the first - looks like a DSLR but doesn't have a detachable lens like the DSLR.

ah then it' d be one the first or the third kind. I've been making a list out of the camera's i saw in advertising leaflets i got this week and last and most are the first kind i think, if not all

ah then it' d be one the first or the third kind. I've been making a list out of the camera's i saw in advertising leaflets i got this week and last and most are the first kind i think, if not all

[YOUTUBE]iEzB_1ITx-I[/YOUTUBE]

Filmed with Canon 550D...DSLR :mf_rosetinted:

Expensive :mf_rosetinted:

What did you buy?

It's a Fujifilm Finepix JV300. It's quite simple, and it was cheap because me and my mum went half and half on it for London because you can't take in DSLR's (my other digital compact camera broke).

It has 14 megapixels, and HD movie mode, but the film takes up alot of memory so that's why I bought the extra memory cards :naughty:

I've had a go with it, and the zoom is good (to zoom onto Mika's perfect face :mf_rosetinted: ) but the autofocus system thingy isn't so good once you start to zoom in, but it is definately better than nothing!

I'm very happy with it anyway, and I'm very excited to capture magic moments at the Lovebox :wub2:

It's a Fujifilm Finepix JV300. It's quite simple, and it was cheap because me and my mum went half and half on it for London because you can't take in DSLR's (my other digital compact camera broke).

It has 14 megapixels, and HD movie mode, but the film takes up alot of memory so that's why I bought the extra memory cards :naughty:

I've had a go with it, and the zoom is good (to zoom onto Mika's perfect face :mf_rosetinted: ) but the autofocus system thingy isn't so good once you start to zoom in, but it is definately better than nothing!

I'm very happy with it anyway, and I'm very excited to capture magic moments at the Lovebox :wub2:

Just what you need. :thumb_yello: I must look for SDXC cards on Amazon. They are so expensive to buy in Ireland. They are good if you want to film as they've a lot of space.

I'm trying to decide whether to bring my camera to Lovebox and risk being turned away with it. Trying to persuade my son to come to the venue with me and if I'm caught with it just to hand it over to him to bring home. :teehee:

This was with the Canon PowerShot SX210IS. I know it's sideways but the video quality is quite good.

Not sure about taking pics of Mika with it. It would be fine if he'd just stand still. Although as the concert is in daylight it might be easier to photograph him without the changing lights as well as movement.

so i've got these brands left in my list:

Canon

Fujifilm

Nikon

Olympus

Panasonic

Samsung

Sony

what brands do you guys prefer?

like i said, i'm trying to make a decision based on several things this time. Last time i bought a camera, i wanted to be able to take pics with and film and got very disappointed by it. I just went to the store and asked the seller for help .

This time i want to go prepared :roftl:

so i've got these brands left in my list:

Canon

Fujifilm

Nikon

Olympus

Panasonic

Samsung

Sony

what brands do you guys prefer?

like i said, i'm trying to make a decision based on several things this time. Last time i bought a camera, i wanted to be able to take pics with and film and got very disappointed by it. I just went to the store and asked the seller for help .

This time i want to go prepared :roftl:

I've always used a Canon, so that's what I'd recommend. :thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I've heard some dodgy reviews about Fujifilm but think they were referring to a DSLR.

I have a loooovely Canon digital compact which is high quality for the build/size/price. Canon IXUS 220 HS, excellent in low lighting, so maybe good for gigs?

Edit: It also has very good film quality, although bear in mind the battery drains much faster when filming, and you'll need a big big memory card for filming in high quality on this one.

I've heard some dodgy reviews about Fujifilm but think they were referring to a DSLR.

I have a loooovely Canon digital compact which is high quality for the build/size/price. Canon IXUS 220 HS, excellent in low lighting, so maybe good for gigs?

Edit: It also has very good film quality, although bear in mind the battery drains much faster when filming, and you'll need a big big memory card for filming in high quality on this one.

well for Canon i've got three camera's on my list (from advertising leaflets i got)

Canon powershot SX 240 HS

Canon Powershot A4000 IS

Canon IXUS 510 HS

well for Canon i've got three camera's on my list (from advertising leaflets i got)

Canon Powershot A4000 IS

Canon IXUS 510 HS

The first one looks good and it has 20x zoom...

The first one looks good and it has 20x zoom...

yep that's the one from Canon where my preference lies.

Just have to decide if it'll be canon or other.... :aah: so many choices :roftl:

edit: chance is big it'll be canon though

Canon Powershot A4000 IS

Canon IXUS 510 HS

This one is closest to ones I've used and I would highly recommend :biggrin2:

Has good reviews too :wink2:

Although I don't know how much filming of gigs you will want to do but this preofessional reviewer says: "My only complaint where the physical aspects of this camera is concerned is the battery life. On a full charge, I managed to shoot 142 photos and 1 minute 45 seconds of video before the three-part battery icon was flashing to warn me that it was in its last segment"

The second one you mentioned doesn't seem to have as good reviews as the other two.

The first one looks very good also, with a massive zoom. :teehee:

i'll list up the camera's that are still on my list so far :blush-anim-cl:

Canon Powershot SX240 HS

Canon Powershot A4000IS

Canon IXUS 510 HS

Fujifilm Finepix T350

Nikon Coolpix S6300

Nikon Coolpix S9200

Olympus VR-340

Olympus SH-21

Olympus SZ-14

Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ30

Panasonic DMC-SZ7

Samsung WB 150 F

Samsung WB850

Sony DSC-HX10V

Sony DSC-W690

Sony DSC-WX150

Sony DSC-HX20V

i'm thinking more towards Canon atm,

Nikon 2nd place

and Panasonic 3rd place

This one is closest to ones I've used and I would highly recommend :biggrin2:

Has good reviews too :wink2:

Although I don't know how much filming of gigs you will want to do but this preofessional reviewer says: "My only complaint where the physical aspects of this camera is concerned is the battery life. On a full charge, I managed to shoot 142 photos and 1 minute 45 seconds of video before the three-part battery icon was flashing to warn me that it was in its last segment"

The second one you mentioned doesn't seem to have as good reviews as the other two.

The first one looks very good also, with a massive zoom. :teehee:

oh thanks :) so if canon, the first or the third :teehee:

I have a fujifilm and I think it did well at Mika gigs :D

picture.php?albumid=379&pictureid=6704

But, it's so true... There can be such a massive difference between different models of the same brand. Crazy! The previous fujifilm I had sucked compared to the one I still have now.

i've bought my camera today :excite:

it's the canon powershot sx240 hs

can start testing it out now before i go to Vienne :teehee:

:yay: ! Can't wait to see test shots!