The Camera Thread

lollipop_monkey

I knew I should have bought that one :tears:

*throws Canon at the wall* :sneaky2:

My thoughts exactly :tears:

Although I'm not sure about the throwing, I still kinda like my Canon, it takes good pics :aah:

Is the sound of the Panasonic really, really good? Haven't seen any videos yet so have no idea .. But if it is, maybe .. just maybe ... :naughty: (I've asked about it in the store but they told that compared with my Canon the Panasonic wasn't a better choice, talking about pics and picture-quality that is .. ).

Edit;

I've checked out some videos and if the sound is always like that that's ok :aah:

But sariflor, I've seen (a part of) your WAG video in Oslo .. but I see a lot of blurryness .. is this because it's trying to focus while you're jumping? Or what happened?

Edited by Guest

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I've been considering doing that. We'll see. Do you have any picture examples, or do you only take video?

I haven't taken any gig pictures, but basically all my FB Scandinavia pics were taken with that camera. Mana did take a few of Scandinavia gig pictures with that same came though...

Edit;

I've checked out some videos and if the sound is always like that that's ok :aah:

But sariflor, I've seen (a part of) your WAG video in Oslo .. but I see a lot of blurryness .. is this because it's trying to focus while you're jumping? Or what happened?

Yeah, I know :sneaky2: I don't really know wtf happened there, I need to look into it. I don't get why Mana's videos were better than mine, even though she was standing next to me, and using the same freaking camera :naughty:. I need to check out the manual once and for all (still haven't looked at it) and see what I am doing wrong with the settings).

They say that these HD cameras sometimes have the problem of slight blurriness or losing focus, every now and then, but that video was just seriously blurred.

I must say though that I have that same problem with my old Canon; Often, when I zoom it gets blurry and I need to stop and start again a couple of times before it comes out right. I'm clearly doing something fundamentally wrong, or just wasn't born to be a camera person :roftl:. Or maybe I should just start reading manuals :naughty:.

The sound of the Lumiz TZ7 is Dolby Stereo though, so yes it's fantastic. For video I do much prefer this one to the other Canons I've had.

So you're pretty sure it's "your fault" and shouldn't be like that with people that actually read manuals? :naughty:

My Düsseldorf-vids were quite ok (I've seen them on our big tv yesterday and they're nice to watch so that's all I need :aah:) but it's not much zoom (and only digital wich sucks) and it's a bit slow with focussing .. (that's why I lost a part of Blue Eyes, because the thing didn't want to focus on Mika :aah:) so if I'm honest, I want something better :teehee: Although I have no idea how to sell that idea here at home :aah::roftl:

I've read that it's Dolby stereo, but I was talking about the recording of it .. You know, if you see my Rain-video of Düsseldorf f.e. you can hear that the sound is not quite right (it's with my new camera) .. and I don't want that :aah: But from what I've heard the sound is pretty much the same as with my old camera (probably better but I mean no 'cracking' and stuff..) so that seems to be ok :original:

So you're pretty sure it's "your fault" and shouldn't be like that with people that actually read manuals? :naughty:

My Düsseldorf-vids were quite ok (I've seen them on our big tv yesterday and they're nice to watch so that's all I need :aah:) but it's not much zoom (and only digital wich sucks) and it's a bit slow with focussing .. (that's why I lost a part of Blue Eyes, because the thing didn't want to focus on Mika :aah:) so if I'm honest, I want something better :teehee: Although I have no idea how to sell that idea here at home :aah::roftl:

I've read that it's Dolby stereo, but I was talking about the recording of it .. You know, if you see my Rain-video of Düsseldorf f.e. you can hear that the sound is not quite right (it's with my new camera) .. and I don't want that :aah: But from what I've heard the sound is pretty much the same as with my old camera (probably better but I mean no 'cracking' and stuff..) so that seems to be ok :original:

Well, I don't know, but Mana has the same camera so check her videos on Youtube from Scandinavia and see what you think.

All her (and mine too) vids from Copenhaguen and Oslo were taken with the TZ7.

Canon has a new camera ... The Canon Powershot SX210 .. 14x zoom, stereo-sound ..

I have the SX200 myself and it's a wonderful camera, only the sound sucks, probably because it isn't stereo recorded ..

Not sure if you can use the optical zoom while filming tho .. it seems like it, but I'm not 100% sure.

I don't suppose anyone has that camera already?

Canon has a new camera ... The Canon Powershot SX210 .. 14x zoom, stereo-sound ..

I have the SX200 myself and it's a wonderful camera, only the sound sucks, probably because it isn't stereo recorded ..

Not sure if you can use the optical zoom while filming tho .. it seems like it, but I'm not 100% sure.

I don't suppose anyone has that camera already?

Ooh, I might want this instead. :aah:

It can zoom in while shooting, and a FAR distance, might I add:

There are other videos on Youtube that were taken with this new Canon. I'll be doing some research tonight. :naughty:

Thank you, Bienie, for showing me this new Canon. :aah::lol3:

Now I'm gonna have to try and sell the one I have now, though I probably won't even get close to the amount of money I paid for it. :sneaky2:

You're braver than me if you're banking on this new Canon. If it were me I would go with the Panasonic just because you have had other people to be the guinea pigs. Whereas no one has tried this Canon at gigs yet. :naughty:

Of course, you could get the Canon and your vids could stomp the Panasonic, so I guess it's a gamble. :teehee:

You're braver than me if you're banking on this new Canon. If it were me I would go with the Panasonic just because you have had other people to be the guinea pigs. Whereas no one has tried this Canon at gigs yet. :naughty:

Of course, you could get the Canon and your vids could stomp the Panasonic, so I guess it's a gamble. :teehee:

This one has manual shutter though, and Canon is known for taking amazing pictures, so I want to get it more for picture-taking in low-light than for videos. :huh:

This one has manual shutter though, and Canon is known for taking amazing pictures, so I want to get it more for picture-taking in low-light than for videos. :huh:

Are you looking into something for actual, serious photography? Not just snapshots of overactive popstars? :roftl:

Have you considered an SLR?

Are you looking into something for actual, serious photography? Not just snapshots of overactive popstars? :roftl:

Have you considered an SLR?

Well I would love both, but I'm so not in the position to go splurging on cameras. :lol3:

I just want the best possible point-and-shoot camera for a concert. Is that so much to ask? :tears:

I'm thinking about this Canon too .. Why? Because I have the Powershot SX200 now and it's a wonderful picture-camera (I'm kinda serious when it comes to my horse pictures, that's why I bought it :wink2: ). And because I can use everything I have for my Canon with the new one, while with the Panasonic I have to buy another reserve battery and things like that ..

Then I would sell the Powershot 200 and the Ixus 100 and have only the Powershot 210 .. while otherwise I'll have the 200 for pics and the Panasonic for videos wich isn't exactly my goal :aah: I just want one camera that can do everything :bleh:

Edit; if just seen some videos .. you can even start filming at 14x zoom f.e. and than zoom out without any problems! Very nice for a popstar that starts at his piano and then decides to go jump around in that same song .. :naughty:

Now I'm gonna see if there are some concert-videos already.. I need to know how the sound is before I made a decision, but since it's stereo and the people from the store where I always buy my cameras said I should buy a little video-camera instead of a photo-camera because they record stereo, and because the Panasonic is also stereo and looks the same (the place where the sound is recorded etc.) I think that should be ok, no? :aah:

Edited by Guest

Oh, if you want it more for pics than for videos than I have a good one for you .. :naughty::wink2:

Looks good! :thumb_yello:

Have fun with it :wink2:

I don't know what to do :sad:

I'm gonna sell my Ixus anyway, because I don't think I'm gonna use it anymore, but .. the rest?

* Buy the Panasonic to go with my Canon Powershot SX200

(so the Panasonic for gigs and the Powershot for the pics I take IRL).

OR

* Also sell my Powershot SX200 and buy the Powershot SX210

The idea of only having one camera that can do everything sounds great :aah: And I'm used to Canon and have all the extras for it (spare battery etc.) .. But I have no idea what that camera does with gigs :sad: And .. the file-sizes are enormous! 900 MB for a 4 minute-video .. :huh:

Mici!!!!I loved the pics you took of the gig! the camera seems to be great but the person who takes the pics seems to be the key :thumb_yello:

Bienie, I have been told a while ago about Canon Powershot ones, they told me this brand (in general) had some cool models!!. As I didn't know the brand I preferred to stick to Panasonic, my previous one was the Panasonic DMC-TZ5 I was fine with pics but not sure with clips, didn't like the sound and the fact that wasn't HD.

By the way, the latests models of Panasonic TZ series (TZ7, TZ8 and TZ10 among others) take clips in a new proprietary format (you can check AVCHD in the Wikipedia) that sort-of seems to compress clips. I've just checked one of my clips and 4min occupies 400MB. I'm happy enough with that :thumb_yello:

Now that I have used the TZ10 for Madrid gig I gotta say I'm fine with clips (love them!) but not sure about pics, I still have to learn how to use the so many new modes :roftl: so I took crappy pics :teehee:

Good look with your latest acquisitions, people!!

• 1 month later...

i know it's just a little too late, but thank you for all these recomendations, they all seem great...

now it's just down to picking ONE!! is there a better one as in it doesn't easily sound distort??

you guys are all great!

xx

• 1 year later...

Okay, I certainly KNEW a thread like this existed and had been searching after it for ages before finally stumbling across it today :wheelchair: :pbjt:

What I wanted to do by resurrecting this thread, was to ask if any of you encountered problems when trying to get past security with your cameras at gigs, and if so, why was it that way and how did you manage to work things out in the end? :wink2:

I didn't care about this issue until a major concert that I attended about a week ago (Bon Jovi, ~55000 people) where I almost didn't make it in with my Nikon L100 because its relative bulkiness made the security people think that it was professional (the rules clearly stated that only DSLR's and Camcorders were prohibited). The same model of camera was perfectly fine at B'estfest/Bucharest though. So I'd like to know more methods of dealing with these slow-witted people, besides having to stick the camera's batteries into my shoes (which seemingly worked fine at BJ, but it was the first time I tried it :aah:)

P.S. Never, but never settle for a Nikon L100. :badmood: It's the dullest camera I've ever used (good thing it wasn't even mine, just borrowed) and compared to any thin little camera, the only extras you get from this one are unnecessary bulkiness and various bugs with just as various moments of occurrence :sad: Although I have to say the battery life can be fantastic depending on the batteries you decide to use :wink2:

Okay, I certainly KNEW a thread like this existed and had been searching after it for ages before finally stumbling across it today :wheelchair: :pbjt:

What I wanted to do by resurrecting this thread, was to ask if any of you encountered problems when trying to get past security with your cameras at gigs, and if so, why was it that way and how did you manage to work things out in the end? :wink2:

I didn't care about this issue until a major concert that I attended about a week ago (Bon Jovi, ~55000 people) where I almost didn't make it in with my Nikon L100 because its relative bulkiness made the security people think that it was professional (the rules clearly stated that only DSLR's and Camcorders were prohibited). The same model of camera was perfectly fine at B'estfest/Bucharest though. So I'd like to know more methods of dealing with these slow-witted people, besides having to stick the camera's batteries into my shoes (which seemingly worked fine at BJ, but it was the first time I tried it :aah:)

P.S. Never, but never settle for a Nikon L100. :badmood: It's the dullest camera I've ever used (good thing it wasn't even mine, just borrowed) and compared to any thin little camera, the only extras you get from this one are unnecessary bulkiness and various bugs with just as various moments of occurrence :sad: Although I have to say the battery life can be fantastic depending on the batteries you decide to use :wink2:

Oh well, I always encounter such problems having such big cameras :roftl: Not that I don't have small point&shoot cameras as well but once you get the taste of DSLRs you know that if only you could take them to one gig you'd get amazing photos, so it's hard to leave the house without :puppy_eyes:

I really like the photos you took at B'estfest with this little thing though. It's worth arguing with the security guys, I'd say :mf_rosetinted:

• 10 months later...

so i'm looking for a new camera, all pro's and cons from the camera's you've got are welcome :blush-anim-cl:

am comparing camera's i'm seeing in advertising leaflets and i think it might be usefull to hear your experience with your camera's :)

so i'm looking for a new camera, all pro's and cons from the camera's you've got are welcome :blush-anim-cl:

am comparing camera's i'm seeing in advertising leaflets and i think it might be usefull to hear your experience with your camera's :)

What kind of camera are you looking for, a point and shoot, DSLR, or maybe a bridge?