MIKA @ Eden Sessions, Cornwall (The Freaks Find Home Tour)

robertina

I'm off now folks....look forward to catching up with the thread next time - I like this thread :thumb_yello:

E Den E Den E Den E Den E Den E Den :biggrin2:

:lmfao: It's gonna be great ... I've always wanted to go there ... least Mika has given me an excuse to go :wub2:

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going back to freddie's comment about the gig not being sold out:

Was I the only person who saw some really nasty things being written about Mika on an Inside Track Forum?

I can't find it again (it may have been a Facebook group if not the Eden website), but I somehow ended up reading a lot of comments by Inside Track members saying that they were totally disgusted that Eden had "sold out" and booked a mainstream pop act.

A lot of them said that they wouldn't dream of going even if the tickets were free. It appeared from some of the comments that they only pay £15 for tickets anyway and some of them said that he wasn't even worth that.

They seemd so far up their own backsides trying to be cool that they didn't consider the fact the he might actually be popular because he's a brilliant songwriter and performer. Arseholes. Their loss is our gain.

I'd ring the venue and ask them if I was you. If she's tall enough they probably wouldn't mind her going at the front. I guess that they just don't want to risk kids getting squashed. Tell them she's tough! I've had my daughter front row at 2 Mika gigs and she's a very small 9 year old. I think that Mika will attract a different crowd from their usual audience, which will help your case.

This is where you're all hiding!:naughty:

Mika is Alices biggest fan:wink2:

:naughty::thumb_yello:

Yeah, we should have asked him to take a pic of us!

Oh yes brilliant idea!!

Next time lets do that, that'll really confuse him!!:teehee:

Yes plan!!!:naughty:

I'm off now folks....look forward to catching up with the thread next time - I like this thread :thumb_yello:

you what you what you what!

byeeee Kath:wub2:

Yes me too peeps!! Mika love all round....gosh i feel all soppy!:blush-anim-cl:

Point taken. Freddie and I will both be ready the next time that you nearly kill yourself due to dehydration, promise!:naughty:

He needs many woman to look out for him!!:teehee:

I would like to say that I have learnt my lesson but I haven't actually! The desire to be at the front and therefore the inability to drink so that I don't need the loo is STILL too much for me :naughty:

You need a 2 litre bottle of water and a "Kath-eter":biggrin2:

Night night Kath.

Was I the only person who saw some really nasty things being written about Mika on an Inside Track Forum?

I can't find it again (it may have been a Facebook group if not the Eden website), but I somehow ended up reading a lot of comments by Inside Track members saying that they were totally disgusting that Eden had "sold out" and booked a mainstream pop act.

A lot of them said that they wouldn't dream of going even if the tickets were free. It appeared from some of the comments that they only pay £15 for tickets anyway and some of them said that he wasn't even worth that.

They seemd so far up their own backsides trying to be cool that they didn't consider the fact the he might actually be popular because he's a brilliant songwriter and performer. Arseholes. Their loss is our gain.

Yes ... I did read those comments too ... can't remember where either ... whatever ... they can their opinion even though it's plainly flipping wrong :teehee::aah:

Night Kath! :bye:

:lmfao: It's gonna be great ... I've always wanted to go there ... least Mika has given me an excuse to go :wub2:

I've never been TOO fussed about Eden Project...hayfever being one of the reasons (better put tissues on my packing list...) but it's probably one of those things I should see in my life. And Cornwall's so lovely too, with all its little towns and its little shops and all of that...gah. It's gonna be really good. I'm so excited!

I can't find it again (it may have been a Facebook group if not the Eden website), but I somehow ended up reading a lot of comments by Inside Track members saying that they were totally disgusted that Eden had "sold out" and booked a mainstream pop act.

I wonder if they are equally as nasty about Calvin Harris and Paulo Nutini?:blink:

...what's Jack Johnson, if not mainstream? And they had Oasis play a few years ago...they're bloody mainstream as well, no matter how hard they tried not to be.

I wouldn't worry too much, these are people that want to be different for attention and their own personal ego boost. They'd vote BNP if they thought it would make them a revolutionary.

Yeah, I saw that crap too. I wholeheartedly endorse your last comments :naughty:

This is where you're all hiding!:naughty:

Mika is Alices biggest fan:wink2:

Hi Rose - I aren't here :mf_rosetinted:

You need a 2 litre bottle of water and a "Kath-eter":biggrin2:

Night night Kath.

:naughty: Love it :roftl:

Night all :huglove:

Yeah, I saw some of these negative comments, they really upset me (can't recall if these were on the Inside Track Forum; may have been).

I did write a comment about it to all those posting negative comments basically saying how wrong they were to write Mika off like that. In the end I decided I wasn't going to read any more of those comments because they were too upsetting or just made me angry. As Mika Mad says - 'Arseholes'...

Yes ... I did read those comments too ... can't remember where either ... whatever ... they can their opinion even though it's plainly flipping wrong :teehee::aah:

That's a relief Laurel, I was beginning to think that I'd imagined it or dreamt it!

love this thread too...the old mood is running here! :biggrin2:

can i turn up even if i won't go to eden? :teehee:

You may become more and more tempted to come as we discuss it...so YES stay in here! This is where it's at!

A**holes, they just assume something and probably have never even heard a full track of his .... lots of people judge him, he's not cool for the bloody music press but do we care! NO!

As Mika says at least they are talking about him!!

They think they are better.....

You think your BETTER! this is so well summed up by the man himself ....

We are young ( well some of you are) We are strong, we're not looking for where we belong ,we're not cool, we are free and are we're running with blood on our knees!

and like the proprietor of the sedgemoorheights B and B are gonna be told how it is by a bunch of freeeeeee from 'what is termed cool' mega great fun folk!

amen!

I've never been TOO fussed about Eden Project...hayfever being one of the reasons (better put tissues on my packing list...) but it's probably one of those things I should see in my life. And Cornwall's so lovely too, with all its little towns and its little shops and all of that...gah. It's gonna be really good. I'm so excited!

My husband and kids all get hayfever, but they were fine at Eden. I guess that it depends what type of hayfever you have, I think that theirs is more to do with tree pollen than flowers, but you might be lucky there too. A lot of the planting is non-native, which helps.

You may become more and more tempted to come as we discuss it...so YES stay in here! This is where it's at!

thank you :original:

although you see...i've become so much sensible in 3 years! i can resist temptations :mf_rosetinted:

My husband and kids all get hayfever, but they were fine at Eden. I guess that it depends what type of hayfever you have, I think that theirs is more to do with tree pollen than flowers, but you might be lucky there too. A lot of the planting is non-native, which helps.

Oh good! I'll OD on benadryl just in case, hahah. I should be all right - I wasn't too bad last year.

A**holes, they just assume something and probably have never even heard a full track of his .... lots of people judge him, he's not cool for the bloody music press but do we care! NO!

As Mika says at least they are talking about him!!

They think they are better.....

You think your BETTER! this is so well summed up by the man himself ....

We are young ( well some of you are) We are strong, we're not looking for where we belong ,we're not cool, we are free and are we're running with blood on our knees!

and like the proprietor of the sedgemoorheights B and B are gonna be told how it is by a bunch of freeeeeee from 'what is termed cool' mega great fun folk!

amen!

Well said Vicky!:thumb_yello:

Archived