STAR Magazine's 60 seconds with MIKA

CazGirl

http://www.mtv.rs/vesti/lady-gaga-najbolje-u-2009

In this interview she says the best artists in the past year were her fans who supported her all over the world.

The best album in 2009 was Years of Refusal by Morrissey and the best single

Corporate Cannibal by Grace Jones from her new album Hurricane.

No mention of Mika though.:blink:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wonder what there is to cry over in the movie he mentioned :blink:

msadonplanekopie.jpg

:lmao:

I liked Gaga before she befriended with Mika and know she twitted about TBWKTM, but it's not such a big deal IMO. He was always asked about her in every interview lately but when SHE was asked which artists and their albums were the best in the past year she never mentioned Mika but some others.

But Mika is specifically asked about Gaga and their relationship. Not always open-ended questions about which artists he likes. What else is he going to say? He likes what she's doing and they are friends. She's also the hottest thing on the planet and they are both with Universal so why would he want to distance himself from her publicity-wise?

But Mika is specifically asked about Gaga and their relationship. Not always open-ended questions about which artists he likes. What else is he going to say? He likes what she's doing and they are friends. She's also the hottest thing on the planet and they are both with Universal so why would he want to distance himself from her publicity-wise?

yea i'm a bit curious 'bout this too. & he chose gaga as a "secretly-fancy-artist", i cant see any points for him to make fancying gaga a secret!

and will that make him shy in front of gaga? :blink:

Your point is acceptable but I was talking about something other. This time he was not specifically asked about Gaga but about his "secret crush" and he mentioned her. She's actually not "the hottest thing on the planet" (aren't they also Rihanna, Beyonce, Shakira, Katy Perry, Madonna, Britney, not in my opinion though). Maybe she's the most provocative and extravagant singer/songwriter atm and a really talented one. People simply adore her or not, just like Mika. Just wanted to stress that he's publicly more visible in this friendship than her.:wink2:

She's actually not "the hottest thing on the planet" (aren't they also Rihanna, Beyonce, Shakira, Katy Perry, Madonna, Britney, not in my opinion though). Maybe she's the most provocative and extravagant singer/songwriter atm and a really talented one.

The fact that she is "atm" is what makes her the hottest thing on the planet right now. I just mean she's everywhere all the time and people are taking notice so tying his name to hers is a good idea. The others have had their day in the world spotlight but right now is Gaga's moment IMO.

I liked Gaga before she befriended with Mika and know she twitted about TBWKTM, but it's not such a big deal IMO. He was always asked about her in every interview lately but when SHE was asked which artists and their albums were the best in the past year she never mentioned Mika but some others. That info was on our MTV web site a couple of months ago.:wink2:

But I think she's mentioned once that she'd like to work with him. Not sure though...

Yeah, I was reading an article on Frieda Pinto (this will make sense soon don't worry :roftl:) In which she was asked what her "essential makeup products are" Every item she listed was Loreal. She's a loreal covergirl, and a few pages later she was on an ad for Loreal face wash, coincidence? I think not. :naughty:

Of course Mika's going to be told to boost other celebs that are under the Universal umbrella, it gets them more money when Mika fans start liking Gagaloo. :naughty:

Yeah, I was reading an article on Frieda Pinto (this will make sense soon don't worry :roftl:) In which she was asked what her "essential makeup products are" Every item she listed was Loreal. She's a loreal covergirl, and a few pages later she was on an ad for Loreal face wash, coincidence? I think not. :naughty:

Of course Mika's going to be told to boost other celebs that are under the Universal umbrella, it gets them more money when Mika fans start liking Gagaloo. :naughty:

at least MIKA has put his cover of Poker Face in his Rain single? :naughty:

that's kinda a proof IMO.

Yeah- gloomy but possible. Like he doesn't expect to gain anyone else's heart in return

Are you going to start a poor sad lonely Mika thread?

OMG! That's a brilliant idea. :biggrin2:

Only, I think I'm going to go one step further and start a "Poor/sad/lonely/dysfunctional/starving Mika" thread. That way we can cover all our bases and all his real (or imagined) neuroticisms in one thread. :naughty:

Only, I think I'm going to go one step further and start a "Poor/sad/lonely/dysfunctional/starving Mika" thread. That way we can cover all our bases and all his real (or imagined) neuroticisms in one thread. :naughty:

Genius idea.

Great idea!!

The fact that she is "atm" is what makes her the hottest thing on the planet right now. I just mean she's everywhere all the time and people are taking notice so tying his name to hers is a good idea. The others have had their day in the world spotlight but right now is Gaga's moment IMO.

True. Very reasonable.But I always feel a bit nostalgic about the very begining of 2008 when singer Robin said for Mika that "now he was everywhere" pointing out his world popularity. Something's obviosly changed in the meanwhile and no one could expect that Gaga would achieve such glorious fame literary "everywhere", in all parts of the globe.

But I think she's mentioned once that she'd like to work with him. Not sure though...

Yeah, she has. Not only with him but also with Beyonce, Boy George, Marylin Menson and many other singers and songwriters. I think Gaga is more mainstream artist than Mika, that's also one of the reason I get them in a different way, even though they have some formal similarities.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I posted this in here but I totally forgot.

You all know about "Gave it all Away" that Mika wrote right?

Well, in the interview he says:

"I feel like I'm loosing a bit of myself when I say it" <- thoughts on saying I love you.

And the lyrics in the song:

"..will learn to love and learn to try

not to give it all away (give it all away)"

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

I'll feel so dumb if someone thought this before and people go at me about it. D:

poor mika... if you never say "I love you" because you are scared because of the meaning,it´s just because you´ve never been in love. he´s almost 27... I don´t know,perhaps a really sad memory of a past relation makes him think so,but I think people need to say I love you and of course we all need someone to love us... love is the thing that makes us special... I´m not talking about saying "ilovesyous" everyone in the street,but... well,I´ve shocked when read the interview...He looks like some cute and adorable man,and when says this things I see him like a little much selfish...

poor mika... if you never say "I love you" because you are scared because of the meaning,it´s just because you´ve never been in love. he´s almost 27... I don´t know,perhaps a really sad memory of a past relation makes him think so,but I think people need to say I love you and of course we all need someone to love us... love is the thing that makes us special... I´m not talking about saying "ilovesyous" everyone in the street,but... well,I´ve shocked when read the interview...He looks like some cute and adorable man,and when says this things I see him like a little much selfish...

I don't see it that way. I also have a huge problem with saying those words because of fear of getting hurt. When you say I love you, you put yourself in a vurnerable position. You need to do that when you really love someone but past experiences can make you very weary. I know it has done so in my case. I don't trust people easily, mainly because of things that happened in the past. For me, this is not purely selfish but more self-preservation.

I don't see it that way. I also have a huge problem with saying those words because of fear of getting hurt. When you say I love you, you put yourself in a vurnerable position. You need to do that when you really love someone but past experiences can make you very weary. I know it has done so in my case. I don't trust people easily, mainly because of things that happened in the past. For me, this is not purely selfish but more self-preservation.

Agree.

But I also think that if you're not prepared to say "I Love You" to the person you're with then you don't love them. I think.

Even though you put yourself in a vulnerable position by saying that to the person you're with...if you really do love them...then making yourself vulnerable doesn't matter...because if you're that comfortable with each other, then it shouldn't matter. It's about understanding and trust. If you trust the person you're with, and they trust you, saying "I Love You" shouldn't be a problem...because intuition should have told you that anyway...

Not that I've ever been in that kind of situation...but I have been hurt. I don't trust easily. I'm guessing then when the right person comes along, I'll know. Until then, I'm not up for dating random people for the sake of it. I'm not interested in that and am quite happy on my own.

Agree.

But I also think that if you're not prepared to say "I Love You" to the person you're with then you don't love them. I think.

Even though you put yourself in a vulnerable position by saying that to the person you're with...if you really do love them...then making yourself vulnerable doesn't matter...because if you're that comfortable with each other, then it shouldn't matter. It's about understanding and trust. If you trust the person you're with, and they trust you, saying "I Love You" shouldn't be a problem...because intuition should have told you that anyway...

Not that I've ever been in that kind of situation...but I have been hurt. I don't trust easily. I'm guessing then when the right person comes along, I'll know. Until then, I'm not up for dating random people for the sake of it. I'm not interested in that and am quite happy on my own.

that´s right,excuse me because I´m not english and I´ve got the ideas on my mind,but can´t explain them,so what you´ve said is what I wanted to mean, the fact that if you don´t say I love you,is just because you really don´t love that person,so poor mika because if he hasn´t said "I love you" very often is just ´cause he hasn´t been in love very often indeed. everyone is been hurt in love,and what? that´s the life! I think it´s better saying I love you,and then been hurt,than not saying nothing and never know what love is. and of course love is NOT a superficial reaction Mika!!!! perhaps he hasn´t found a true love yet...

any voluntary??:mf_rosetinted:

Agree.

I hear what you're saying, and of course, it makes sense, but I know - for me - even if I truly love someone, I still find it hard to say. I know it's wrong, but it's really very hard to overcome. I really have to force myself. I mean it 200% but actually saying it is so very hard. I know, I'm nuts. :blink::wink2:

But that's why I can really understand what he says. Not sure if it's the same thing for him, but you know...

:boxed:

I thought I posted this in here but I totally forgot.

You all know about "Gave it all Away" that Mika wrote right?

Well, in the interview he says:

"I feel like I'm loosing a bit of myself when I say it" <- thoughts on saying I love you.

And the lyrics in the song:

"..will learn to love and learn to try

not to give it all away (give it all away)"

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?

I'll feel so dumb if someone thought this before and people go at me about it. D:

I hadn't thought of that. And I've been listening to gave it all away all day as well. How could I not notice!?!?!?!

I think I agree with him, though I do say I love you quite a lot, most of the time it's just a throw away comment (that makes me sound really mean, but I can't think of a better way to say it) and the person I say it to knows that I don't mean it in a serious kind of way (my group of friends say we 'luff' each other all the time, but I think we all feel that we are joking about it). I think you can over use the phrase and it can definitely loose it's meaning.

Does any of that even make sense?!?!? :boxed:

Archived