Mika talks about his tour-French interview

camille*

Here is a link to a French interview (click on the word 'Video' to listen)

I hope it hasn't been posted yet.

http://www.ouest-france.fr/actu/actuDet_-Mika-parle-de-sa-tournee_39382-1344369_actu.Htm

I think it is from the press conference in Paris on April 14.

Mika talks about his tour. I'll try to translate later when I have time!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

http://www.ouest-france.fr/actu/actuDet_-Mika-parle-de-sa-tournee_39382-1344369_actu.Htm

Thanks Camille!

I am looking forward to the translation.

Unfortunately my French is just not good enough.

Thanks Camille! :flowers2:

here're links to listen/download the mp3 file of the interview

audio http://mikatube.com/audio/57/mika-parle-de-sa-tournée-à-ouest-france-april-20

d/l

http://www.mediafire.com/?9o1dbjybau2hugd mp3

http://www.mediafire.com/?vjmmx2xqgwe mp4 tks Nicoleta

Translation:

We tried not to create a concert where we were not just playing the album. So there are new arrangements, there are new singers joining us. There's an opera singer, a girl called Ida. Actually she's the girl who sings with me on all the albums and she's coming on tour with us for the first time. She's the voice on Happy Ending on Blue Eyes, on practically everything I do. We met at the Royal College of Music and now she's become one of the most important young opera singers in Sweden. So I asked her to come on tour and in return she's going to sing some opera for the concert. You'll see why. It makes sense. My musicians have to play well but not have any complexes because they have to do things that are ridiculous.

Interview dude: Such as...

Mika: You have to have fun on stage. So if they're just standing there..(hesitations and swiches to english :naughty: I imagine you understood the english) I always look when we're in hotels at all the musiciens for other singers and then I look at mine and they're like the school geeks. The others are like from Los Angeles or London with super tight jeans and talking to each other in groups. And I look at mine and I'm like oh s**t . I've got the loser team!

Interviewer: Is that part of the criteria for the band to have a bit of a geek mentality?

Mika: I don't know, I think we attract each other. Geeks are always attracted to each other, we stay together.

I'll do the next bit very soon :thumb_yello:

Translation (second part):

Interviewer: Are you still in contact with Yelle

Mika: Yes, of course.

Interviewer says something I can't make out..

Mika: Yep, I adore her. I adore Yelle and Jeff and Tanguy. I asked them to come with me too to go on tour but they're recording an album. I called them, I asked them four times because they're amazing. Really amazing.

Interviewer: Because it goes well together... (I think he means her style and his)

Mika: It goes very well together. And she talks like this, with colours, and all the guys are doing this (I have no idea what he's talking about :aah:) *sings her song* There's an important difference between the new shows and what we can do at the festivals. It's going to be different, it has to be different because if we try to do our show at a festival I think everyone is going to die! It takes to much time, to many trucks. So for the festivals we'll do more covers more alternative versions more musical experimentation. It's more based on the music, there's still a show and theatrical element to it . It's a bit like when I did Parc des Princes and the nest day I did Arras. Two different shows that are connected.

:biggrin2:

Translation:

We tried not to create a concert where we were not just playing the album. So there are new arrangements, there are new singers joining us. There's an opera singer, a girl called Ida. Actually she's the girl who sings with me on all the albums and she's coming on tour with us for the first time. She's the voice on Happy Ending on Blue Eyes, on practically everything I do. We met at the Royal College of Music and now she's become one of the most important young opera singers in Sweden. So I asked her to come on tour and in return she's going to sing some opera for the concert. You'll see why. It makes sense. My musicians have to play well but not have any complexes because they have to do things that are ridiculous.

Mika: You have to have fun on stage. So if they're just standing there..(hesitations and swiches to english :naughty: I imagine you understood the english) I always look when we're in hotels at all the musiciens for other singers and then I look at mine and they're like the school geeks. The others are like from Los Angeles or London with super tight jeans and talking to each other in groups. And I look at mine and I'm like oh s**t . I've got the loser team!

Interviewer: Is that part of the criteria for the band to have a bit of a geek mentality?

Mika: I don't know, I think we attract each other. Geeks are always attracted to each other, we stay together.

Thanks so much for posting! :thumb_yello:

It's a funny and honest interview I think. :teehee: The part about his band is really cute. "The loser team" :biggrin2: Best team of losers in the world! :wub2:

The rest is interesting too about his new show and the changes for the festivals.

Translation:

thaaaanks! :bow:

Translation (second part):

Interviewer: Are you still in contact with Yelle

Mika: Yes, of course.

Interviewer says something I can't make out..

Mika: Yep, I adore her. I adore Yelle and Jeff and Tanguy. I asked them to come with me too to go on tour but they're recording an album. I called them, I asked them four times because they're amazing. Really amazing.

Interviewer: Because it goes well together... (I think he means her style and his)

Mika: It goes very well together. And she talks like this, with colours, and all the guys are doing this (I have no idea what he's talking about :aah:) *sings her song* There's an important difference between the new shows and what we can do at the festivals. It's going to be different, it has to be different because if we try to do our show at a festival I think everyone is going to die! It takes to much time, to many trucks. So for the festivals we'll do more covers more alternative versions more musical experimentation. It's more based on the music, there's still a show and theatrical element to it . It's a bit like when I did Parc des Princes and the nest day I did Arras. Two different shows that are connected.

:biggrin2:

oh, also s**t - so we/I as a part of his fan-club, ehm, are we also a part of his loser team then??! :aah::wink2:

And thank you nana, for your quick translation! :thumb_yello:

oh, also s**t - so we/I as a part of his fan-club, ehm, are we also a part of his loser team then??! :aah::wink2:

You're very welcome :biggrin2:

Nah, we're so the awesome team :mf_rosetinted:

[/color]

That bit is SO true :teehee: thanks for translating!

:lmfao: We are at least loveable losers! I don't mind that at all! :wub2:

And I love the bunch of geeks he has collected around him, too!

Thanks so much for the link and the translation! Very nice interview, I

just wish we could have seen it, as well as heard it. :)

Mika:

"My band's not cool."

"C'est une équipe de losers." :roftl:

Love these quotes!

(though I obviously disagree! :thumb_yello:)

Cool, can't wait to find out what covers he will be doing for the festivals

Mika:

"My band's not cool."

"C'est une équipe de losers." :roftl:

Love these quotes!

(though I obviously disagree! :thumb_yello:)

Cool, can't wait to find out what covers he will be doing for the festivals

I think his band are the bees knees, to be honest! :thumb_yello:

Thank you for translating Nana!

I'm sorry I didn't have time to do it earlier. Thought I'd share the interview anyway, there are good quotes in there! :biggrin2:

I laughed when I heard him sing that song :naughty:

We could look at it from a different perspective.

Mika told the audience at Annexet in Sweden, "Quite frankly, if you're all freaks, I'm f**king glad to be one too!"

I think Mika is a Beautiful Freak!:thumb_yello:

I think his band is too!:thumb_yello:

All of us MFCers are too!:thumb_yello:

Archived