Mika dans Paris Match

mine

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maybe he'll be writing for a couple of months and then tour again til the beginnig of the next year instead of oturing non stop and then having to start working on the new album like he did in 2008.

He did say, in an interview a few months ago, that he'd booked some studio time between his tours (or something like that) to work on new music. Also, on the short interview he did when he appeared on the Disney song show (where he sang When I See An Elephant Fly) he did say again, that he was going to tour, then go and record some new music.

i typed 3 of mika's answers into google translate, since i wanted to understand them - thought i'd share, until someone posts a full translation. :wink2:

question 2, does he go out after shows?

I do not go to clubs, but I like a drink. I just can not go back to my hotel room after such an adrenaline rush.

I can not stand the hot spots where you can not discuss. I need a little quiet anyway. during my first tour, I was not as comfortable. I had to get used to having a permanent entourage, people who take care of me. at first I was lost, now I begin to find enjoyable ca. but I know my limits

question 4

I am very pleased to have succeeded in creating a world. but I will not stop it. it will évouler. I will continue to create something new and unusual, to surprise. Third my disk is already in my head. at the end of the trouneèe late August, I set to work. I have ideas of sounds, songs. This will obviously my most beautiful album!

last question, does he have time for a private life

I lead a very selfish life. the nights when I sing, I'm more focused on my performance on my privacy. I messed up a lot of stories because of it. but I regret nothing. yet ...

thanx for posting! hmm, so no more tour dates after august then? thought he had said once that he was booked til the beginning of 2011? :fisch:

Thanks for posting everyone:thumb_yello:

I just got a kick ass promo and on the promo label it says "Mika is currenly on a massive global tour that sees him on the road until 2011"

Very curious as to the move after Asia and the festivals

I don't think people should be getting upset. I actually think that while he did say he was going to write some more songs this year, he may possibly be starting a bit early, due to pressure from certain quarters, because his recent releases haven't done so well. Also, he learned his lesson at the end of the Dodgy Holiday tour, when he had no new songs ready, and was under pressure to get an album out. I think that, maybe, he wants to have time to do the new album without the record company breathing down his neck. But I'm sure he will go back on the road again after he's layed down some tracks.

This is all just my own opinion of course.

I don't think people should be getting upset. I actually think that while he did say he was going to write some more songs this year, he may possibly be starting a bit early, due to pressure from certain quarters, because his recent releases haven't done so well. Also, he learned his lesson at the end of the Dodgy Holiday tour, when he had no new songs ready, and was under pressure to get an album out. I think that, maybe, he wants to have time to do the new album without the record company breathing down his neck. But I'm sure he will go back on the road again after he's layed down some tracks.

Exactly. It sounds to me that he has a genuine desire to create a new album without the usual presure from his record company. We'll have to be patient though.:wink2:

Agreed:blush-anim-cl:

Even if i wont see him live, im happy to know hes working on a new album, and like you said, maybe with less pressure than the other ones! I cant wait for new songs!!:boing:

But in Rabat, during the press conference, you were asked to clarify your sexuality.

And I replied, as always, that I could fall in love with a man. Or a woman. Nothing new. All the people who listen to my songs have known this for a long time.

Thanks for posting/translating!! :huglove: i just wanted to quote this bit to say... :blowup: why does he keep getting asked this?! anyways, good answer meeks :original:

EDIT2: i realized that he said his tour will end in August... :tears:

+1 :sad:

You never know what he's going to do after all these festivals so you don't have to give up hope! :huglove:

+1 :biggrin2:

He seems to be changing his mind .Didn't he said he's gonna tour till 2011 :naughty:

yes, that's what i thought too. of course i want him to record and create new material because that's what he wants to do, but i can't WAIT for him to come back to the states!!! at least im getting really good at this whole 'patience' thing haha :naughty:

It's hard to stay positive and happy when we don't even get a clue if we'll see him in 2010 or 2011 or never :aah: like me, so many fans NEVER see him live, it's not easy to see happy reports and pictures from everyone else while you just see images on a pc screen for 2-3 years :aah:

It's hard to stay positive and happy when we don't even get a clue if we'll see him in 2010 or 2011 or never :aah: like me, so many fans NEVER see him live, it's not easy to see happy reports and pictures from everyone else while you just see images on a pc screen for 2-3 years :aah:

I'm sorry. It must be really hard. :huglove:

I know how you feel :sad: i patiently waiting for the day i'll finish my studies, then i'll go live in France and i'll be able to see him live.

One more year if everything goes as planned...

well said sista :kachinga:

I'm starting to get tired of waiting :thumbdown:

hahaha!! no problem!!! :hug love: thanks for doing it!!! LOL!! :hugl ove:

Doesnt matter who does it, as long as everyone can understand the interview:biggrin2: so thanks!!:naughty:

EDIT: i feel like buying the magazine now.. they sell it here... :P

EDIT2: i realized that he said his tour will end in August... :tears:

Cries along with you... :crybaby: :crybaby:

:tears::hair::crybaby: :crybaby: :huglove:

I'm not very comforting.. :lmfao:

Thanks for posting/translating!! :huglove: i just wanted to quote this bit to say... :blowup: why does he keep getting asked this?! anyways, good answer meeks :original:

+1 :sad:

+1 :biggrin2:

yes, that's what i thought too. of course i want him to record and create new material because that's what he wants to do, but i can't WAIT for him to come back to the states!!! at least im getting really good at this whole 'patience' thing haha :naughty:

I'm thinking MAYBE he'll go on tour for us right after he finishes the 3rd album..or after he does demos for it :dunno:

I have NEVER seen Mika, but I've only been a fan for about a year too. :naughty:

Here you go! BTW, thanks for posting the article! :thumb_yello:

What are you proud of the most since the start?

I'm really happy I managed to create a world. But I'm not gonna stop there. It's gonna evolve. I'm gonna continue to create new things, to surprise. My third album is already in my head. As soon as my tour is over, at the end of August, I'm getting to work. I've got ideas of sounds, songs. Of course it will be my best album!

can I get depressed about this?? :(

so he won't tour latin america this year u.u

Cries along with you... :crybaby: :crybaby:

:tears::hair::crybaby: :crybaby: :huglove:

I'm not very comforting.. :lmfao:

:roftl:

aww, im also hoping he does America right after his new CD or even before the release!! ... im desperate:tears:.. i can hope!:roftl:

Archived