Mika dans Paris Match

mine

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i typed 3 of mika's answers into google translate, since i wanted to understand them - thought i'd share, until someone posts a full translation. :wink2:

question 2, does he go out after shows?

I do not go to clubs, but I like a drink. I just can not go back to my hotel room after such an adrenaline rush.

I can not stand the hot spots where you can not discuss. I need a little quiet anyway. during my first tour, I was not as comfortable. I had to get used to having a permanent entourage, people who take care of me. at first I was lost, now I begin to find enjoyable ca. but I know my limits

question 4

I am very pleased to have succeeded in creating a world. but I will not stop it. it will évouler. I will continue to create something new and unusual, to surprise. Third my disk is already in my head. at the end of the trouneèe late August, I set to work. I have ideas of sounds, songs. This will obviously my most beautiful album!

last question, does he have time for a private life

I lead a very selfish life. the nights when I sing, I'm more focused on my performance on my privacy. I messed up a lot of stories because of it. but I regret nothing. yet ...

thanx for posting! hmm, so no more tour dates after august then? thought he had said once that he was booked til the beginning of 2011? :fisch:

Thanks for posting!!! :flowers2:

*waits for number 1 translator Roxy* :fisch::biggrin2:

haha it is true what they say - once you do someone a favor it becomes your full time job:naughty:

*waits for translation too*:blush-anim-cl:

thanx for posting! hmm, so no more tour dates after august then? thought he had said once that he was booked til the beginning of 2011? :fisch:

maybe he'll be writing for a couple of months and then tour again til the beginnig of the next year instead of oturing non stop and then having to start working on the new album like he did in 2008.

Thanks for posting!!! :flowers2:

*waits for number 1 translator Roxy* :fisch::biggrin2:

haha it is true what they say - once you do someone a favor it becomes your full time job:naughty:

*waits for translation too*:blush-anim-cl:

:lmfao:!!!

translating right now!! :lmfao:!!

Here you go! BTW, thanks for posting the article! :thumb_yello:

How's life during the tour?

It's a real circus, with its ups and downs, but I love it! In a circus, we drink, we laugh, we often do whatever we want but once we're on stage, everybody is really focused.

Do you go out after the gigs?

I don't go out in clubs, but I like having a drink. I can't just go back to my hotel room after such a rush of adrenaline. I can't stand trendy places where we can't talk. I need some quiet. During my first tours, I wasn't so comfortable. I had to get used to a permanent team, people who take care of me. At the beginning, I was lost, now I'm starting to find it pleasant. But I know my limits...

Do you still have stage fright?

I've settled well in my show. The first gigs were frightening, because I didn't know how they would be perceived. My goal was to mix up emotion and big show. That's why there's a home made feeling to my show. Everything is in movement. For example, all the videos were made by art students from London. When I'm in front of 15000 people, I want them to feel like they're all in a small room.

What are you proud of the most since the start?

I'm really happy I managed to create a world. But I'm not gonna stop there. It's gonna evolve. I'm gonna continue to create new things, to surprise. My third album is already in my head. As soon as my tour is over, at the end of August, I'm getting to work. I've got ideas of sounds, songs. Of course it will be my best album!

Do you like composing while on tour?

Not at all. I don't have time and I don't want to. I like hanging out in the cities, in hotels, in cafés. I take time to enjoy life. I'm not going to force myself to compose!

Have you already been tired/bored of being on stage?

I'm often unsatisfied. I focus on my singing, on the piano, on the best way to communicate with the audience. I sometimes feel like I'm a supervisor! So I'm never bored.

Your best gig memory?

My shows in Bercy last April! It's a place I've known in my childhood. Singing there two nights in a row, it's almost a miracle. Even if I had already filled the Parc des Princes. But it was another story. I want to build up from here now, to continue the story by making it evolve. Now that I am understood.

But in Rabat, during the press conference, you were asked to clarify your sexuality.

And I replied, as always, that I could fall in love with a man. Or a woman. Nothing new. All the people who listen to my songs have known this for a long time.

Do you have time to have a private life at the moment?

I lead a very selfish life. The nights when I have a gig, I'm more focused on my performance than my private life. I've messed up a lot of stories because of that. But I don't regret anything. For the moment...

Here you go! BTW, thanks for posting the article! :thumb_yello:

How's life during the tour?

It's a real circus, with its ups and downs, but I love it! In a circus, we drink, we laugh, we often do whatever we want but once we're on stage, everybody is really focused.

Do you go out after the gigs?

I don't go out in clubs, but I like having a drink. I can't just go back to my hotel room after such a rush of adrenaline. I can't stand trendy places where we can't talk. I need some quiet. During my first tours, I wasn't so comfortable. I had to get used to a permanent team, people who take care of me. At the beginning, I was lost, now I'm starting to find it pleasant. But I know my limits...

Do you still have stage fright?

I've settled well in my show. The first gigs were frightening, because I didn't know how they would be perceived. My goal was to mix up emotion and big show. That's why there's a home made feeling to my show. Everything is in movement. For example, all the videos were made by art students from London. When I'm in front of 15000 people, I want them to feel like they're all in a small room.

What are you proud of the most since the start?

I'm really happy I managed to create a world. But I'm not gonna stop there. It's gonna evolve. I'm gonna continue to create new things, to surprise. My third album is already in my head. As soon as my tour is over, at the end of August, I'm getting to work. I've got ideas of sounds, songs. Of course it will be my best album!

Do you like composing while on tour?

Not at all. I don't have time and I don't want to. I like hanging out in the cities, in hotels, in cafés. I take time to enjoy life. I'm not going to force myself to compose!

Have you already been tired/bored of being on stage?

I'm often unsatisfied. I focus on my singing, on the piano, on the best way to communicate with the audience. I sometimes feel like I'm a supervisor! So I'm never bored.

Your best gig memory?

My shows in Bercy last April! It's a place I've known in my childhood. Singing there two nights in a row, it's almost a miracle. Even if I had already filled the Parc des Princes. But it was another story. I want to build up from here now, to continue the story by making it evolve. Now that I am understood.

But in Rabat, during the press conference, you were asked to clarify your sexuality.

And I replied, as always, that I could fall in love with a man. Or a woman. Nothing new. All the people who listen to my songs have known this for a long time.

Do you have time to have a private life at the moment?

I lead a very selfish life. The nights when I have a gig, I'm more focused on my performance than my private life. I've messed up a lot of stories because of that. But I don't regret anything. For the moment...

Merci :flowers2:

Oh, i like what he said about Bercy...i know that's silly, but somehow that makes me happy cause i have been there, too :wub2:

I'm not Roxane but I can translate that nice article if you want!

ooh, i just saw this!! did you start yet?? sorry:blush-anim-cl::teehee:

EDIT: ooh, youre done!! *stops translating* :lmfao:!!

thank you!

ooh, i just saw this!! did you start yet?? sorry:blush-anim-cl::teehee:

EDIT: ooh, youre done!! *stops translating* :lmfao:!!

thank you!

I'm sorry I took over your job of official translator! :blush-anim-cl:

I didn't realise you were online so I offered my help!

I'm sorry I took over your job of official translator! :blush-anim-cl:

I didn't realise you were online so I offered my help!

hahaha!! no problem!!! :huglove: thanks for doing it!!! LOL!! :huglove:

Doesnt matter who does it, as long as everyone can understand the interview:biggrin2: so thanks!!:naughty:

EDIT: i feel like buying the magazine now.. they sell it here... :P

EDIT2: i realized that he said his tour will end in August... :tears:

t4p :thumb_yello:

hahaha!! no problem!!! :huglove: thanks for doing it!!! LOL!! :huglove:

Doesnt matter who does it, as long as everyone can understand the interview:biggrin2: so thanks!!:naughty:

EDIT: i feel like buying the magazine now.. they sell it here... :P

EDIT2: i realized that he said his tour will end in August... :tears:

I know!!!!!!! little less hope once again :tears:

Archived