• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hehe, did he pull jimmy across the stage on his coat? :naughty:

yes:naughty:

looool! :lmfao: why did he put that on? and during which song? :naughty:

During "Lollipop." He grabbed the mask off one of the big girls!

Wow! Great pics! :wub2:

Are those plastic rubbish bins?? :boxed:

Yes, but strangely enough they sounded like tin ones.....

Wow, butterflygal... Wow wow wow! :shocked::wub2:

Thank you :)

Do not kill me, but I am happy he didn't do all those things (shooting, pig masks...) at the gig I saw.

It was much more about the music than the show then. Sometimes I just do not get him. :dunno:

Me neither.

But I guess if you go to a lot of gigs it's nice to get a bit of variety.

I really don't get all of the toy stuff. Leaves me cold.

They actually already used the pig mask at some gigs. I remember it at Belfast and maybe some others.

The pig mask was just him improvising. A big girl was wearing it, and he took it off her to put it on his head, and played with it whilst he sang. It wasn't planned as part of the show.

The show was great, and very funny.

The pig mask was just him improvising. A big girl was wearing it, and he took it off her to put it on his head, and played with it whilst he sang. It wasn't planned as part of the show.

The show was great, and very funny.

Do you know if the BG/LPG and the rest always have to wear masks to preserve their anonymity? I mean, I do not know if it is otherwise allowed to get random concert visitors, since they may be recognised? Or if they wear masks in order not to get too embarassed on stage when they stand in front of 17 000 pple?

Was just wondering.

Do you know if the BG/LPG and the rest always have to wear masks to preserve their anonymity? I mean, I do not know if it is otherwise allowed to get random concert visitors, since they may be recognised? Or if they wear masks in order not to get too embarassed on stage when they stand in front of 17 000 pple?

Was just wondering.

No, not at all. He's had people as BGs and LGs before from the audience and MFCers who haven't worn masks, lots of them.

The masks are part of the progress of Mika's story. In the first album everything was sweet as candy and pretty straighforward.

We've now moved into the second phase, where everything is not as it seemed and as he keeps saying when interviewed on TBWKTM it's all got darker.

Hence the mutant BGs and LGs.

As interpreted my me.

Edited by babspanky

No, not at all. He's had people as BGs and LGs before from the audience and MFCers who haven't worn masks, lots of them.

The masks are part of the progress of Mika's story. In the first album everything was sweet as candy and pretty straighforward.

We've now moved into the second phase, where everything is not as it seemed and as he keeps saying when interviewed on TBWKTM it's all got darker.

As interpreted my me.

Oh, I see, thank you! :thumb_yello:

As interpreted my me.

I would tend to agree with your interpretation, bab. :thumb_yello:

This whole procession of BG and LG is supposed to be tied into the Mexican

Day of the Dead, as well, and I think it has rather a nightmarish or surreal

quality to it, hence the need for the masks, the bride with the veil, etc. IMO. :wink2:

There was actually more music and less theatre in this show than any others in recent memory. They didn't do the procession in Love Today because the majority of the costumes and masks had already been shipped to Korea and this was just a club show. I think there were less than half a dozen BGs/LGs and they only came out for Lollipop.

We got 3 extra songs in a second encore and Kick Ass, so I am not complaining! Musically it was fabulous. I requested Any Other World and the acoustic version of Relax brought back some great memories of last year.

There was actually more music and less theatre in this show than any others in recent memory. They didn't do the procession in Love Today because the majority of the costumes and masks had already been shipped to Korea and this was just a club show. I think there were less than half a dozen BGs/LGs and they only came out for Lollipop.

We got 3 extra songs in a second encore and Kick Ass, so I am not complaining! Musically it was fabulous. I requested Any Other World and the acoustic version of Relax brought back some great memories of last year.

I agree; This gig felt like it was more about the music and less about the whole production, as we got so many extra songs.

It was just so :wub2:

Here are all my vids from the night:

Mika - Blue Eyes @ Namba Hatch Osaka 11 June 2010

Mika - Billy Brown @ Namba Hatch Osaka 11 June 2010

Mika - @ Namba Hatch Osaka 11 June 2010

Mika - Kick Ass @ Namba Hatch Osaka 11 June 2010

Mika - Happy Ending @ Namba Hatch Osaka 11 June 2010

Mika - Grace Kelly @ Namba Hatch Osaka 11 June 2010

Mika - My Interpretation @ Namba Hatch Osaka 11 June 2010

Mika - Any Other World @ Namba Hatch Osaka 11 June 2010

Mika - Relax encore @ Namba Hatch Osaka 11 June 2010

Mika - after gig meeting @ Namba Hatch Osaka 11 June 2010

As interpreted my me.

i agree with your way of thinking.

if i was on stage (trust me... this will NEVER happen), i'd want a mask on my face :aah:)

i like to be able to see mika's face au naturel though. the fluorescent lines on his face are ok, but i would have been disappointed if he would have worn that star glitter on his face when he came to montreal :teehee:

i agree with your way of thinking.

if i was on stage (trust me... this will NEVER happen), i'd want a mask on my face :aah:)

i like to be able to see mika's face au naturel though. the fluorescent lines on his face are ok, but i would have been disappointed if he would have worn that star glitter on his face when he came to montreal :teehee:

I know what you mean, Guy. I agree. I dont' really like it when he puts all that stuff on his face. Yeah, it's fun, but I prefer to see his actual face, without all this artificial stuff on it. It's a bit like the overly curled hair and the too elaborate clothes: I always prefer a natural Mika, he always looks best in my book.

My only gripe about this tour, as fantastic as it has been, is that he is going for the whole "gig uniform" thing again, and it tires me. I would much, MUCH prefer him on stage with more "regular" or spontaneous clothes choices, than this whole getup which is so carefully chosen and planned. He looks incredible in jeans and in a casual top, so I don't get why he feels the need to get 3 or 4 tops cut in the same way, or with a different pattern and same shape, etc... (Like the ones that he's wearing now with the tail). You see a picture and you don't know which show it's from, and then when he comes out on stage, you KNOW beforehand what he's goingto wear.

I don't know, I just wish that he'd be more spontaneous about it, and that he'd wear his normal clothes more often :dunno:

Having said that, I am inmensely grateful about the fact that he seems to have ditched the bullfighter type trousers, and that he's wearing jeans more often (albeit the white ones) :naughty:.

My only gripe about this tour, as fantastic as it has been, is that he is going for the whole "gig uniform" thing again, and it tires me. I would much, MUCH prefer him on stage with more "regular" or spontaneous clothes choices, than this whole getup which is so carefully chosen and planned. He looks incredible in jeans and in a casual top, so I don't get why he feels the need to get 3 or 4 tops cut in the same way, or with a different pattern and same shape, etc... (Like the ones that he's wearing now with the tail). You see a picture and you don't know which show it's from, and then when he comes out on stage, you KNOW beforehand what he's going to wear.

I don't know, I just wish that he'd be more spontaneous about it, and that he'd wear his normal clothes more often

I agree with you on that! I prefer him when he just wears any kind of jeans and a T-Shirt. He has such a good taste and it just much more "efortless style" than the costumes and I like that. But the clothes should be a part of the whole concept, I suppose, so...

I just hope he has more of those red white striped T-Shirts to change between the shows :teehee:

I know what you mean, Guy. I agree. I dont' really like it when he puts all that stuff on his face. Yeah, it's fun, but I prefer to see his actual face, without all this artificial stuff on it. It's a bit like the overly curled hair and the too elaborate clothes: I always prefer a natural Mika, he always looks best in my book.

My only gripe about this tour, as fantastic as it has been, is that he is going for the whole "gig uniform" thing again, and it tires me. I would much, MUCH prefer him on stage with more "regular" or spontaneous clothes choices, than this whole getup which is so carefully chosen and planned. He looks incredible in jeans and in a casual top, so I don't get why he feels the need to get 3 or 4 tops cut in the same way, or with a different pattern and same shape, etc... (Like the ones that he's wearing now with the tail). You see a picture and you don't know which show it's from, and then when he comes out on stage, you KNOW beforehand what he's goingto wear.

I don't know, I just wish that he'd be more spontaneous about it, and that he'd wear his normal clothes more often :dunno:

Having said that, I am inmensely grateful about the fact that he seems to have ditched the bullfighter type trousers, and that he's wearing jeans more often (albeit the white ones) :naughty:.

bullfighter trousers? the ones with the silk around the opening of the pockets?

i wonder if it's easier for him (and therefore the people working with him) if he always has the same clothes.. maybe that's why :dunno:

i'm not in show business :aah:

I agree with you on that! I prefer him when he just wears any kind of jeans and a T-Shirt. He has such a good taste and it just much more "efortless style" than the costumes and I like that. But the clothes should be a part of the whole concept, I suppose, so...

I just hope he has more of those red white striped T-Shirts to change between the shows :teehee:

Yep, that's exactly how I see it: that he looks nicer and more natural when he's casually dressed, like he hasn't made too much of an effort and it's not all planned to the milimetre like an SAS operation..... Plus, like you say, he has excellent taste so he always looks great in his own clothes, so why not just use them for the shows? :dunno:

Re the stripey shirts: if he has more than one, then why not change the design? :roftl: Honestly Mika, I love you, and love the shows, but this clothes situation never fully satisfies me :teehee:

I understand the whole "show" concept and the fact that the clothes are part of it, but still, to me it feels a bit stale like this :blush-anim-cl:. I prefer it when he's being more spontaneous about everything, and that includes the clothes.

One of the reasons why this Osaka gig was so great for me was the fact that he was being a lot more open and spontaneous about things.

He threw in a few extra unplanned songs (my interpretation, any other world, acoustic relax, etc) and it all just makes the show a 1000 times better!!!)