"Mika, Why So Shy?" June 11, 2010

dcdeb

I heard that if you say "Lady Gaga" 3 times in front of a mirror at night, she will come out of it and scratch your face...

Or was it Bloody Mary? :blink:

Damn, I always get confused with this kind of stories... :aah::naughty:

Was just going to do it but...better not...just in case :lmfao:

Well, I'm not quite sure about the posssible failure of collaboration with Gaga even though they have a different type of voice but on the other hand they share the similar aesthetics. Gaga could be very feminine and quite opposite, just like Mika, and they're very complex artists in their ambiguity, whether we like it or dislike.

I agree with you that she's pretty agressive and imitates Madonna too much, that's why I don't like her last videos. She's more radical, perverse and grotesque than Mika and she's the global pop star at the same time.

But he made a wonderful song "By the time" with lovely Imogen Heap wich was totally neglected both by Mika and herself. They've never performed it live together.:boxed:

Wonder why? :blink: Gaga could "cover" his limelight but it would be a very good promotion for him, especially for the fact that he loves her and maybe even more than that.:aah:

I agree with u in that it would be a good promotion. Gaga is at the moment the singer whose vids are the most watched in Youtube!

What did u mean with more than that :naughty:

I hope if it's true he's gonna make a duet with GaGa, it will be only an audio one and not a music video :boxed: Her videos imo are waaaayyy too much obscene... which I don't like to see Mika involved in.

And I'm looking forward to the 3rd album already! :biggrin2:

T4P :thumb_yello:

Mika doing one of Gaga's obscene vids :roftl:, well, not impossible if we think about WAG's censored version... who knows... it'd be the most watched vid

of history for sure!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmmmm.. okay :blink:

I hope if it's true he's gonna make a duet with GaGa, it will be only an audio one and not a music video :boxed: Her videos imo are waaaayyy too much obscene... which I don't like to see Mika involved in.

And I'm looking forward to the 3rd album already! :biggrin2:

T4P :thumb_yello:

Excellent idea. :clap: :clap:

I don't think she's his idol. Though I do think it'd be awesome if he did something with Gaga. They would make it work, I'm sure. No doubt it'll get him noticed. Everyone at my school is watching Gaga's every move, they freaked when the video for Alejandro came out and I'm sure they'd do the same thing if she was seen singing with another artist like Mika.

Personally, I just want people to know who he is with out me having to give them this huge explanation about how Mika is not the girl who goes to our school and lends out make up and hangs out in the bathroom. Maybe this'll help with that? Fingers crossed!

Just found the lyrics for Mika ft. Gaga song next fall!!!

And the CD cover!!!

And the name of the song!

11lj513.jpg

Mika ft. Lady Gaga

On their new hit

"Alexandro Fernando Roberto and God knows who else"

I am young

we get along

Not so sure if we should write a song

Ale-ale-jandro

Ale-ale-jandro

She's stubborn as a mule

I'm a geek

Her dress sense is a joke and i smell like cheese

Ale-ale-jandro

Ale-ale-jandro

We could conquer the world

If she could control her bladder

Hope she won't make me wear tights

and use my face cream

Fire boobies are burnt

She'll make me wear leather

like that latex red gown

Gaga just set me free

And i wanna scream

But there's no way

someone can hear me

Ale-ale-jandro

Ale-ale-jandro

She says You know that I love you boy

Let's go to Mexico it's noice

At this point I gotta choose

But then she calls me moose

Don't call my name

You know my name is not Alexandro

I'm not your babe

I just like karaoking Fernando

Don't wanna kiss, don't wanna touch

Just wanna pack my Louboutins and run

You call me Mickey Moo

who the heck is Roberto

I think it could/ would be awesome if Mika and Gaga cooperate. I am very curious to see how that works out.

He could do a cooperation-album with Gaga, Adele, Katy Perry, Madonna, Withney Houston (ahem....), Diana Ross, Wouter Hamel, Shakira, Brian May, Paul McCartney...

If Mika would do a song with Gaga it would defo be number 1. Only good for Mika.

Totally agree! In a professional sense they are really quite alike. Both driven and obsessed with the big picture, not just the music. Although, having seen Mika and Gaga's shows live, I much prefer Mika's show to hers, I have to admire her for what she's achieved.

If Mika wants to work with her, who are we to say it wouldn't work? The only dificulty I could see is that because they are both so driven in their work, they could clash. But maybe they won't and Mika could pick up a lot more fans on the way. I'm all for him doing something that gets him a higher profile in places like the US, where he doesn't get played. I think it would be good for him.

But maybe they are not even going to work together! It's all specualtion at this point.

Totally agree! In a professional sense they are really quite alike. Both driven and obsessed with the big picture, not just the music. Although, having seen Mika and Gaga's shows live, I much prefer Mika's show to hers, I have to admire her for what she's achieved.

If Mika wants to work with her, who are we to say it wouldn't work? The only dificulty I could see is that because they are both so driven in their work, they could clash. But maybe they won't and Mika could pick up a lot more fans on the way. I'm all for him doing something that gets him a higher profile in places like the US, where he doesn't get played. I think it would be good for him.

But maybe they are not even going to work together! It's all specualtion at this point.

True, but in general I'm not very fond of collaborations. Top my head there's only one I can think of that was just brilliant (for both artists alike) and that's Under Pressure by Queen & Bowie. there must be others, but I can't think of them right now. (oh, David Sylvian and Sakamoto - forbidden colours is definitely another one)

The other duets, collaborations, etc...often are good, but nothing memorable.Same goes for Gaga and Beyonce...Beyonce, for me, added nothing special to the 2 tracks they did together.

Two great ones apart don't always make a great one together, IMO.

If Mika & Gaga do work together I hope that they make something that shows both their own unique talent.

Since when was Lady Gaga Mika's idol?

And hasn't he said he isn't going to work with her before?

I think it'd be good press for Mika, but their musical styles are totally different.

Wow, I'm quite excited about the idea of a collaboration between Mika and Lady Gaga - my two most favourite artists (in that order).

It's something I've thought for a while would be potentially really amazing and hoped might happen one day. They're both arty and extremely creative, as well as both being awesome songwriters so I can only imagine it being a huge success!!!

Id champion a collaboration between the two artists anyday, Who wouldnt want to work with their friend/piers/idols,

I think you would definatley get somthing very special if these two bumped heads for a day or two:thumb_yello:

+1, if Lady GaGa is in the song and it is released as a single, it will get played here. :naughty:

Archived