• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

YEP: KICK ASS!

PS: and another . . .

amazing vids:wub2: t4p alice

I just uploaded two more videos.. very small ones.. horrible quality.. but might interest some..

:biggrin2:

please remember, I used my mobile phone.. so the quality is bad... lower your expectations

:naughty:

Mika joking about his grandmother:

Relax:

thanks for the pics and vids racha:flowers2:

Many thanks, it feels good to know that fans all the way from Japan came to Lebanon for the gig..

:thumb_yello:

I went through the blog, doesn't look like they think very highly of Lebanese people - blog filled with jokes about Lebanese people.. I am hoping it's simply "Japanese humour" - that I simply didn't get... :boxed:

Many thanks, it feels good to know that fans all the way from Japan came to Lebanon for the gig..

I went through the blog, doesn't look like they think very highly of Lebanese people - blog filled with jokes about Lebanese people.. I am hoping it's simply "Japanese humour" - that I simply didn't get... :boxed:

Well I don't know who they met, but I thought precisely the opposite. Everyone I met in Lebanon was just so polite and friendly. On one of the (many!) occasions I got lost in Beirut, some chap walked with me to the street I was looking for (about 20 minutes walk). I thought he must have been going there anyway, but it turned out it was completely out of his way and he just did it to be helpful.

So maybe it WAS just some strange Japanese humour! :boxed:

I wouldn't take it personal to Lebanese people. I know of a few Japanese fans who take to slagging off anyone/everyone. Not trying to point fingers at "Japanese fans", since that kind of catty talk happens in all communities. But I suppose it's a lot easier to slag people off publicly when you're writing in a language that fans in other parts of the world don't understand.

I read the blog in Japanese and tired to use Google translator. And I found Google translator shows a lot of wrong expressions....

The blogger says she simply enjoyed Mika's show in a different culture. (for your information, throwing cushion means booing here in Japan:naughty:)

I don't know about this blogger but I hope you understand. :)

Sorry, off topic.

(for your information, throwing cushion means booing here in Japan:naughty:)

Oh that must have been a bit of a shock then. :lmfao:

I guess in Western culture throwing things is also a form of booing. But traditionally it has been rotten vegetables, not cushions. :naughty:

Thanks for the clarification. (I just thought I saw something in there about people and big asses but the translation is so bad. :aah:)

I guess in Western culture throwing things is also a form of booing. But traditionally it has been rotten vegetables, not cushions. :naughty:

Thanks for the clarification. (I just thought I saw something in there about people and big asses but the translation is so bad. :aah:)

also in spain throwing things to someone in a stage is also a form of booing... but as you say,traditionally are "tomatoes" :roftl::roftl:..... if you throw flowers,it means you love the perform...and i haven´t seen anyone throwing cushions.... but if mika liked... we´ll throw cushions anytime we can!!!!:biggrin2:

Well I don't know who they met, but I thought precisely the opposite. Everyone I met in Lebanon was just so polite and friendly. On one of the (many!) occasions I got lost in Beirut, some chap walked with me to the street I was looking for (about 20 minutes walk). I thought he must have been going there anyway, but it turned out it was completely out of his way and he just did it to be helpful.

So maybe it WAS just some strange Japanese humour!

Am so glad you enjoyed your short trip to Lebanon... :thumb_yello:

I wouldn't take it personal to Lebanese people. I know of a few Japanese fans who take to slagging off anyone/everyone. Not trying to point fingers at "Japanese fans", since that kind of catty talk happens in all communities. But I suppose it's a lot easier to slag people off publicly when you're writing in a language that fans in other parts of the world don't understand.

I guess you are right, different cultures + different sense of humour... nothing personal :sneaky2:

I read the blog in Japanese and tired to use Google translator. And I found Google translator shows a lot of wrong expressions....

The blogger says she simply enjoyed Mika's show in a different culture. (for your information, throwing cushion means booing here in Japan:naughty:)

I don't know about this blogger but I hope you understand. :)

Sorry, off topic.

Thanks for the explanation... I guess it is similar everywhere when you hit people with tomatoes in Lebanon means you want them off the stage... pillow fight on the other hand is just being playful and having fun...

Yeah, I didn't get the big asses part either... maybe in japan it's a good thing...

:roftl:

also in spain throwing things to someone in a stage is also a form of booing... but as you say,traditionally are "tomatoes" :roftl::roftl:..... if you throw flowers,it means you love the perform...and i haven´t seen anyone throwing cushions.... but if mika liked... we´ll throw cushions anytime we can!!!!:biggrin2:

I like the new trend... let's hope the cushions/pillows are well stuffed with feathers... that can easily take over Mika's confetti finale :biggrin2:

(I just thought I saw something in there about people and big asses but the translation is so bad. :aah:)

Yeah, I didn't get the big asses part either... maybe in japan it's a good thing...

:roftl:

As for 'big asses' part, she said:

Some big girls started dancing on the chairs in just front of her. And she and other audience around her complained that those girls hips had blocked their views.

I think this is nothing to do with insulting or Japanese humour....

As for 'big asses' part, she said:

Some big girls started dancing on the chairs in just front of her. And she and other audience around her complained that those girls hips had blocked their views.

I think this is nothing to do with insulting or Japanese humour....

Thank you for the clarification... a lot of things get lost in translation... it feels good to know that ti was not malicious.. :thumb_yello:

thanks again.. :wink2: