Did they actually photoshop Mika to make him look SKINNIER here?O_o

Kianna

Saw these on the Gasmics. Wut? This is like that time with that Ralph Lauren model and Xeni Jardin said "Dude, her head's bigger than her pelvis!"

mr_a3445a414853c3.jpg?ug_____D0JCHfBVu

Uhmm, yeah. Or maybe it's just me.:roftl:

This:

5krshy.jpg

duuuuuuuuuuaaaaaaa.jpg

Compared to:

noregrets.jpg

122529602.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The angle might add to it. But then nothing goes out unphotoshopped these days, does it? He really does look very thin there.

I'd say if you see Mika in the flesh, he is not weird skinny as in pathological. :dunno:

(Yeah, I know. JC_PunAlert.gif Sorry...)

:dunno: but you are comparing very old Mika pictures with newer ones

I think those were probably like, early to mid-2007, right? Somehow I don't remember him being that skinny even back then, or maybe it's just me.. But you're right, I'll dig up some older pics for comparison.

Some earlier pictures (06-07)

Mika-RML-002416.jpg

arjanwrites_coa_mika.jpg

633291494_257e8270fa_o.jpg

Indeed!:thumb_yello:

And what is more,i personally don't see a huge difference between them.Not to say i don't see any difference.

I'm not saying there is a huge difference. Nowhere near as dramatic as the Ralph Lauren thing. I'm just saying the pics look a little odd. Especially his arms. His arms are like toothpicks, especially in the first one. And around his waist. He seems a little out of proportion.

Yeah, it's seems quite odd, in the first picture he has extremely thin arms and in the second his body is... far too skinny...

Of course they've used lots of photoshop, like every photo published on a magazine, but the think that really bothers me is why they want him to look so skinny... Do they want to make him look more like a gay icon? I don't know. Mika is thin by himself, no need of using photoshop.

Anyway I hate those magazine photos that don't show us real people, just icons. I prefer seeing that wonderful pictures of him in his concerts, that are surely much more real than tha magazine ones.

Some earlier pictures (06-07)

Mika-RML-002416.jpg

arjanwrites_coa_mika.jpg

633291494_257e8270fa_o.jpg

british_singer_mika_2371228.jpg

None of these are earlier pics from the Out magazine shoot except possibly the second one. #1 is from the Dodgy Holiday tour which didn't start until Oct 2007. #2 is April 2007. #3 is June 2007. #4 is April 2009

Mika WAS very skinny in early 2007. He started gaining weight around March 2007 and by the summer he was more filled out than I've ever seen him. He's much slimmer right now.

It's true any pic could be photoshopped but the angle and lighting is off in the Out magazine one IMO. His arms just blend into the background so you can't even see the edges very clearly. :dunno:

Yeah, it's seems quite odd, in the first picture he has extremely thin arms and in the second his body is... far too skinny...

Of course they've used lots of photoshop, like every photo published on a magazine, but the think that really bothers me is why they want him to look so skinny... Do they want to make him look more like a gay icon? I don't know. Mika is thin by himself, no need of using photoshop.

Anyway I hate those magazine photos that don't show us real people, just icons. I prefer seeing that wonderful pictures of him in his concerts, that are surely much more real than tha magazine ones.

yeah i agree, why media just show us "perfect peoples"? why? i wont to see the big girls too:aah: the girl look so skinner really i dont think that its pretty at all:blink:

None of these are earlier pics from the Out magazine shoot except possibly the second one. #1 is from the Dodgy Holiday tour which didn't start until Oct 2007. #2 is April 2007. #3 is June 2007. #4 is April 2009

Mika WAS very skinny in early 2007. He started gaining weight around March 2007 and by the summer he was more filled out than I've ever seen him. He's much slimmer right now.

It's true any pic could be photoshopped but the angle and lighting is off in the Out magazine one IMO. His arms just blend into the background so you can't even see the edges very clearly. :dunno:

Really? I saw the edges of his arms.. I tried to highlight the edges in photoshop so you can see..

untitled.jpg

But that's true, he did gain a little weight between March and summer '07. And I'm really not a big Mika freak. I don't know everything. I just like him. I saw the pictures and thought they looked a little funny, that's all. Even when I look at vids from 2006.. Like I said, maybe it's just me. I don't know. I think I just made a big fool of myself.:sad: Can anyone delete this thread? I'm seriously going to cry..:sad:

Really? I saw the edges of his arms.. I tried to highlight the edges in photoshop so you can see..

untitled.jpg

But that's true, he did gain a little weight between March and summer '07. And I'm really not a big Mika freak. I don't know everything. I just like him. I saw the pictures and thought they looked a little funny, that's all. Even when I look at vids from 2006.. Like I said, maybe it's just me. I don't know. I think I just made a big fool of myself.:sad: Can anyone delete this thread? I'm seriously going to cry..:sad:

hey kianna, forget that, its ok, dont cry sweety :wink2: xD you just said what you thought

No dear, you're not foolish,don't worry.It's OK:huglove:

untitled.jpg

No, don't be upset.

You make a valid point about photoshopping, it's everywhere, and it does look like they probably did do it in this photo in particular, on the arms.

I'm not a fan of it myself, it just creates a false impression of peoples form, and it's not a healthy way to show people in the public eye, to impressionable kids.

untitled.jpg

oh don't be upset! you didn't make a fool of yourself, it was a valid question! i have seen pictures of Mika that were photoshopped in the passed. Often, they'll remove the scar he has above his left eye and the dot that he has in his right eye... and i don't like it one bit when they do that :no:

Oh my goodness don't cry love! :huglove:

I'm the freak, so don't be embarrassed. :teehee: I was just giving my opinion, but guylaine is right, they do overuse Photoshop on his pics sometimes so your opinion is equally valid. There is one awful photo where they've whitened his eyes so much it looks like it was done with Liquid Paper. :aah:

I had a panic attack the other night when this pic of Mika surfaced because his hair looks so thin I thought he was going bald. :shocked:

Mika_bracelet_Julien_Di_Giusto_ld.jpg

But it's just that his hair fades against the backlighting from the sun, which reminded me of the pic you posted with the skinny arms. His hair looks normal here during the exact same photo session:

000par3332490.jpg

It's possible that photography can create optical illusions, even with unaltered photos. That's all. :wink2:

I thought it was an interesting point to raise or I wouldn't have commented, so don't feel like you shouldn't have created the thread.

Often it depends what Mika is wearing as to how thin he actually looks. In pictures where he wears tight jeans and a tight T-shirt he looks thinner than when he wears a jacket.

But having actually seen him in person, with my own two eyes, he IS too thin imo.

He said that before he did the WAG vid, he didn't eat to get some weight off. That's not healthy. Mika needs to look after himself or he may suffer for it as he gets older.

:dunno: but you are comparing very old Mika pictures with newer ones

Yes, that's true! Mika is a fullgrown man now! At 26 a man has a different figure als when he is in his early twenties!

untitled.jpg

Don't feel bad, he does look skinnier in those pictures. But i think its a combination of camera work and well the fact that to me he went from being a boy to being a man

:sorry: everyone. I didn't mean to freak out like that.. I got a little overwhelmed. I'm not used to talking to other people, and I have problems with OCD+social anxiety, so you can see where I'm coming from here. I get nervous and I over-analyze everything and the smallest thing can make me lose my cool. I just needed to take some time to cool down.:thumb_yello: Thanks for understanding.:flowers2:

He said that before he did the WAG vid, he didn't eat to get some weight off. That's not healthy. Mika needs to look after himself or he may suffer for it as he gets older.

That's not good.:no: Where did he say that?

Archived