Mika's requests for his gig in Klaipeda - Lithuanian newspaper

Eglė

But I thought he always drinks wine/champagne etc. AFTER gigs? At least he said that a few times in interviews. Someone who was a BG also wrote that she saw how after the gig some bottles with red wine were brought in his dressing room... :dunno: Perhaps this is a new rule?

Anyway: this is a real clash of civilisations.... I only hope he never comes to my home country for a gig and gets a REAL food poisoning, spots all over his body, wine poisoning, his stuff will be confiscated at the border, his shoes will be stolen.... He'll run away screaming...never will come back...

After the gig is different, going on stage after a few drinks is not a good idea, as it could affect the show.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The no drinks backstage is a rule of all Mika gigs. His mother told me when one girl decided to swig her secret stash before being a BG. NOOOOOO Alcohol.

I actually think it sounds like a very reasonable lot of requests, but from a rock'n'roll point of view these may all seem so crispy clean and environmentally friendly that they are totally weird.:naughty:

Mika wants to walk alone round the city. Publishing THAT in a newspaper is a sure fire way of ending THAT request.:aah:

EDIT: I am sure he meant LAMB EYE PIE :puke:, not eye of lamb pie, which would be quite nice. I have an ancient recipe for sheeps head stew. It starts off "remove the eyes", although a quick google search found one where they cook the head whole........and the eyes become tender like meatballs.......

I agree about the recycling aspect, it's very commendable, I'm very impressed by that:thumb_yello:

He's said in a few interviews, and one tweet I remember, that he likes walking around cities alone, the momentous Dutch walkabout, being the most noteable:naughty:

EDIT: I am sure he meant LAMB EYE PIE :puke:, not eye of lamb pie, which would be quite nice. I have an ancient recipe for sheeps head stew. It starts off "remove the eyes", although a quick google search found one where they cook the head whole........and the eyes become tender like meatballs.......

Aahhh!! No! Oh my' date=' I REALLY think it was meant to be a joke... Right?... :blink:

:roftl: I believe they didn't know that!

I think it's just my translation - in Lithuanian it's clear they mean EYES, those round things, ya know. :aah:

Anyway, they're still not gonna eat it, no worries. :naughty:[/quote']

Phew!

That's a relief, I was getting freaked out by that!

Now you explain it, that actually sounds quite tasty:licks_lips:

Rose, it seems that they're talking about real eyes :aah:

Thank you Wonka, much appreciated:wub2:

After a while you start knowing peeps a bit...:wink2:

But I thought he always drinks wine/champagne etc. AFTER gigs? At least he said that a few times in interviews. Someone who was a BG also wrote that she saw how after the gig some bottles with red wine were brought in his dressing room... :dunno: Perhaps this is a new rule?

Anyway: this is a real clash of civilisations.... I only hope he never comes to my home country for a gig and gets a REAL food poisoning, spots all over his body, wine poisoning, his stuff will be confiscated at the border, his shoes will be stolen.... He'll run away screaming...never will come back... And if he tells them he wants to sort waste....pple will think this is some kind of a sick joke...

Where is your home country for it to get THAT weird???:blink:

Thought you were from Germany...:blink:

After the gig is different, going on stage after a few drinks is not a good idea, as it could affect the show.

Ah but that would get it even funnier than it already is...:mf_rosetinted::naughty:

Where is your home country for it to get THAT weird???:blink:

Thought you were from Germany...:blink:

Not originally. I was born and raised in Bulgaria and came to Germany to study as I was 19 yrs. old. So...I know my peeps over there :roftl:.

Not originally. I was born and raised in Bulgaria and came to Germany to study as I was 19 yrs. old. So...I know my peeps over there :roftl:.

Oh, ok, dunno much about Bulgaria myself...:dunno:

I couldnt follow the list, doesnt make sense to me.:aah:

Haha I googled 'lamb eye pie' and this thread popped up... *gasp* were famous!

:shocked::roftl:

The list makes sense to me despite how it's written. :thumb_yello: Love how it's written btw :teehee:

Anyway, adding to BS's post about the NO drinking policy..Backstage at the Singapore gig when I took my tobacco out to roll a ciggie ready for my fag break later (I know, it's bad for me :aah: ) not too far from Mama P, Maria signed to me - later... so there's a chance that they actually have that policy..but there's no problem for ppl to smoke outside backstage.. I had my fag break with Maria and some of the crew..so it's not like ppl are completely restricted.

The sorting garbage one seems weird to me- surely in countries that sort waste they have three bins or whatever- and in countries that don't there's no point the crew sorting it cos it'll all be thrown in together when it's collected. I suppose they could take it away with them- but flying garbage accross national borders is hardly environmentally friendly.

I agree about the recycling aspect, it's very commendable, I'm very impressed by that:thumb_yello:

He's said in a few interviews, and one tweet I remember, that he likes walking around cities alone, the momentous Dutch walkabout, being the most noteable:naughty:

Yes, idiot...getting lost in freaking Amsterdam...even I don't get lost there and I have a talent for getting lost even in my own garden:aah:

In Bulgaria pple used to eat lamb's head, cooked with parsley and garlic. Was something very special, very expensive and as I am told tasted very good. Never tried it myself :eek:

I can't eat lambs, especially the little ones, even though it's an Easter tradition in Italy. :tears: I will never eat those cute creatures. :no:

The official link: http://www.ve.lt/naujienos/lietuva/juros-svente-2010/mika-nori-linksmos-siuvejos-ir-konteineriu/

I don’t know' date=' maybe it’s the same in every country before gigs, but here’s a short article from today’s (erm, yesterday’s) newspaper. Basically about preparations and requests for the concert. :)

Translation of important excerpts.

[i'] “[the part about what is going on and who is Mika]

Meanwhile, the concert agency “Medusa Concert” is trying to figure out how to satisfy all of star’s requests because the list is very long and full of strange requirements. Even though the concert is held in a nonstandard venue, the organizers must install 10 dressing rooms with showers and lavatories. It is strictly prohibited to smoke or drink alcoholic beverages backstage. Garbage sorting containers should also be installed since the artist and his crew always sort waste. The stage personnel need not speak English – musicians are willing to communicate in numbers and signs. A seamstress with a sewing machine and a good sense of humour is required backstage on a day of a concert.

A special attention is given to food and musicians warn in advance: if meals are served in paper or plastic dishes, these will be eaten with food. With regards to national cuisine they are a little less demanding and would try “something interesting”, though extreme dishes, such as lamb eye pie, will surely be refused. Fast food chains are also viewed negatively. Musicians stressed that if the were fans of hamburgers, they’d definitely stay at home and invite the concert organizers there to perform.

During his stay in Klaipėda Mika is not only planning have a walk alone around the city but also to visit music shops and a little market of vinyl records. There are scheduled meetings with fans and an afterparty in a club “Dr.Who” after the concert. Mika might show up there as well.

[security of the venue and traffic routs info]

The audience is estimated to be 15 000.” [/i]

Mmmm, that’s it. Hope the translation is not very bad. :teehee:

HAHAHAHAHAH! LAUGHED ALL THE WAY:clap::clap::roll1:

now to search where this so called "vinyl market " is and confirm booking of hotel up road from DR.WHO...

....CHECK......CHECK.....GOOD SENSE OF HUMOUR......CHECK....

IM REAAADYYY...HE IS REALLY GOING ALL OUT IN LITHUANIA,Trust Mika!! lol

:aah::bleh:

Archived