Mika's requests for his gig in Klaipeda - Lithuanian newspaper

Eglė

The official link: http://www.ve.lt/naujienos/lietuva/juros-svente-2010/mika-nori-linksmos-siuvejos-ir-konteineriu/

I don’t know, maybe it’s the same in every country before gigs, but here’s a short article from today’s (erm, yesterday’s) newspaper. Basically about preparations and requests for the concert. :)

Translation of important excerpts.

“[the part about what is going on and who is Mika]

Meanwhile, the concert agency “Medusa Concert” is trying to figure out how to satisfy all of star’s requests because the list is very long and full of strange requirements. Even though the concert is held in a nonstandard venue, the organizers must install 10 dressing rooms with showers and lavatories. It is strictly prohibited to smoke or drink alcoholic beverages backstage. Garbage sorting containers should also be installed since the artist and his crew always sort waste. The stage personnel need not speak English – musicians are willing to communicate in numbers and signs. A seamstress with a sewing machine and a good sense of humour is required backstage on a day of a concert.

A special attention is given to food and musicians warn in advance: if meals are served in paper or plastic dishes, these will be eaten with food. With regards to national cuisine they are a little less demanding and would try “something interesting”, though extreme dishes, such as lamb eye pie, will surely be refused. Fast food chains are also viewed negatively. Musicians stressed that if the were fans of hamburgers, they’d definitely stay at home and invite the concert organizers there to perform.

During his stay in Klaipėda Mika is not only planning have a walk alone around the city but also to visit music shops and a little market of vinyl records. There are scheduled meetings with fans and an afterparty in a club “Dr.Who” after the concert. Mika might show up there as well.

[security of the venue and traffic routs info]

The audience is estimated to be 15 000.”

Mmmm, that’s it. Hope the translation is not very bad. :teehee:

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay, am I reading that right, they have to eat the paper plates?:blink:

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Oh, and an afterparty in a club called Dr Who?

Stuff the gig, I want to go there!!!

Okay, am I reading that right, they have to eat the paper plates?:blink:

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Oh, and an afterparty in a club called Dr Who?

Stuff the gig, I want to go there!!!

ok... but you are trading a "for sure" for a "who knows, maybe"

i'd still go for the "for sure" :blush-anim-cl:

and yes, the translation does say something about eating paper plates :naughty:

Mmmm' date=' that’s it. Hope the translation is not very bad. :teehee:[/quote']

Thank you, this cracked me up..:lmfao:.

It is strictly prohibited to smoke or drink alcoholic beverages backstage.

:lmfao::lmao::floor:

Garbage sorting containers should also be installed since the artist and his crew always sort waste.

Mika doesn't need it, he has its own...:roftl:

The stage personnel need not speak English – musicians are willing to communicate in numbers and signs. :lmfao:

A seamstress with a sewing machine and a good sense of humour is required backstage on a day of a concert.:roftl:

if meals are served in paper or plastic dishes, these will be eaten with food. With regards to national cuisine they are a little less demanding and would try “something interesting”, though extreme dishes, such as lamb eye pie, will surely be refused. Fast food chains are also viewed negatively. Musicians stressed that if the were fans of hamburgers, they’d definitely stay at home and invite the concert organizers there to perform.

:floor:

Well, it's supposed to be true (if the actual list was all true). Everytime a star or a foreign band comes to Lithuania we have articles about the hospitality/technical rider etc. :teehee: Sometimes journalists even make interviews afterwards, e.g., with hotel managers, who tell all the weird request and how did it feel to host such a star. :naughty:

I just think Mika and his crew have a really good sense of humour. :blush-anim-cl:

And the paper plates, mmm, I don't get this one either. Maybe he's SO environmentally friendly that he'd rather eat the plates, not throw them away? :blink:

Oh, and maybe "cantainers" meant that there has to be a place for his containers, but it's not said in the article. Well, the whole part about garbage sorting, emmm, I honestly don't think it's going to work... He's definitely not going to bring his garbage with him, is he? And sorting is not very popular in here, it's only a veil that we do it, those sets of 3 containers in the streets used to stand there full to explosion for months and months... :thumbdown:

Oh' date=' and maybe "[b']cantainers[/b]" meant that there has to be a place for his containers, but it's not said in the article. Well, the whole part about garbage sorting, emmm, I honestly don't think it's going to work... He's definitely not going to bring his garbage with him, is he? And sorting is not very popular in here, it's only a veil that we do it, those sets of 3 containers in the streets used to stand there full to explosion for months and months... :thumbdown:

really? Oh, here it's quite normal that everyone sorts his/her garbage. I thought that was one of the very normal things in his list! :biggrin2: there you go then....

really? Oh, here it's quite normal that everyone sorts his/her garbage. I thought that was one of the very normal things in his list! :biggrin2: there you go then....

Ha, that's what they call "cultural shock", I guess. :teehee: Such practices are really not well understood here, so they take it as an unusual request. The gonvernment introduced sorting containers near every set of old domestic waste containers and people DID fll them up, but it was not taken out for so long... It was more a reluctance from waste processing agencies than from citizens. :annoyed_h4h:

Ha' date=' that's what they call "cultural shock", I guess. :teehee: Such practices are really not well understood here, so they take it as an unusual request. The gonvernment introduced sorting containers near every set of old domestic waste containers and people DID fll them up, but it was not taken out for so long... It was more a reluctance from waste processing agencies than from citizens. :annoyed_h4h:[/quote']

That's a real shame....if projects like that aren't supported of course the people won't continue to do it. A missed opportunity...:boxed:

The official link: http://www.ve.lt/naujienos/lietuva/juros-svente-2010/mika-nori-linksmos-siuvejos-ir-konteineriu/

I don’t know' date=' maybe it’s the same in every country before gigs, but here’s a short article from today’s (erm, yesterday’s) newspaper. Basically about preparations and requests for the concert. :)

Translation of important excerpts.

[i'] “[the part about what is going on and who is Mika]

Meanwhile, the concert agency “Medusa Concert” is trying to figure out how to satisfy all of star’s requests because the list is very long and full of strange requirements. Even though the concert is held in a nonstandard venue, the organizers must install 10 dressing rooms with showers and lavatories. It is strictly prohibited to smoke or drink alcoholic beverages backstage. Garbage sorting containers should also be installed since the artist and his crew always sort waste. The stage personnel need not speak English – musicians are willing to communicate in numbers and signs. A seamstress with a sewing machine and a good sense of humour is required backstage on a day of a concert.

A special attention is given to food and musicians warn in advance: if meals are served in paper or plastic dishes, these will be eaten with food. With regards to national cuisine they are a little less demanding and would try “something interesting”, though extreme dishes, such as lamb eye pie, will surely be refused. Fast food chains are also viewed negatively. Musicians stressed that if the were fans of hamburgers, they’d definitely stay at home and invite the concert organizers there to perform.

:lmfao:

Thanks for posting this! It is really weird. They must be joking.

:lmfao: I don't know what to say...

I was watching the news last night and they were saying about The Cranberries' requests for the backstage (they have a gig today here) and it was like: flowers, 12 bottles of water, and honey.

I was thinking that OMG I can't wait to hear them talking about Mika's requests... :roftl:

:lmfao:

Thanks for posting this! It is really weird. They must be joking.

OMG :roftl::roftl:

Thank you, this made my day :roftl::roftl::roftl:

:thumb_yello:

The good sense of humor is highly requiried in the BS, LOL! :lmfao:

Archived