REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS: Mika @ Festival Poupet, St. Malo du Bois, France - 22 JULY 2010

lollipop_monkey

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is my report...

Just came back home, 4am and far too much excited to sleep....:wub2:

This gig has been my 2nd Mika's gig after Seoul more than 1 month ago and it was totally different because of the venue.

Only one thing in commun: it was fabulous!!!:swoon::swoon:

We arrived around 4.30pm and were surprised to see only few people in front of us :boing:

Newton Faulkner started to sing around 8.20pm for an hour!!! (very good singer BTW, especially his cover of Queen).

The stage was very small (15m maximum), really too small to put all the stuff. So we had only sunflowers and the inclined stage.

We had a front row on the right but were a little bit hampered by one of the 2 big trees in front of us which unfortunatly stucked the view on stage.

Mika and the band arrived on stage after 10pm.

Mika was perfect as usual, brillant.... :fangurl:

The venue was totally packed. 3000 people only but really on fire. Everybody sang a lot and the festival staff had the good idea to give light sticks and light key rings to everybody and Mika has really appreciated it (he talked about his mother who bought light straps for the 2nd Bercy's gig in April because it was too dark... :dunno:)

The small audience (compared with other huge festivals) really created an intimate atmosphere and it made Mika being in excellent mood, very talkative and relaxed. His voice was unreal despite of 3 shows in 3 days and a huge number of gigs this month. I was also stunned again by his energy. This man never looks tired and to be honest I don't how he can be so energetic, so generous when I see his gig's schedule....:aah:

Mika said that regarding the small audience, he really need us to succeed in this show. He asked for help to place the piano in the middle of the stage.

He started with Relax and BG and of course we had Kick Ass.

At the 1st encore, he sang La Solitude and Lollipop and came back for a 2nd encore with GK en french, Any Other World and another Relax.

The gig last more than 2 hours.

He also confirmed that after Colmar in august he will not come back to France for a gig before the release of the 3rd album which means in a long long time..... :crybaby:

Anyway, I went out exhausted but full of glitter and stars in the head. That's the Mika effect....:thumb_yello:

Pics will follow...

It may not be as long as you think. I think Mika is eager to get his 3rd album out there.

Just came across this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhPeDcfvxvA

I cant understand much of what he's saying, I think he's talking about football.

Could someone translate this please?

I can sump it up :wink2:

This moment was after "Blame it on the girls". Before the song, Mika divides the audience : those on the right sing "Blame it on the gi-i-i-irls", those on the left (where I was !) sing "Blame it on the bo-o-o-o-oys".

This time, Mika did something amazing : he stepped down from the stage into the audience ! (I hope you understand what I mean in English...) And joined the crowd to explain to us the thing and to make us sing :shocked:

Anyway, at the end of the song, he said that those on the left were the best. So we began to sing "On a gagné " ("We won") and he said that was just like a football team. But you know, these days, in France, we don't like our football team really much, so we protested ! And he said (this is a summary, not a real translation !) : okay, you know, I can't even play football. When I was a child I was the goalkeeper but the only thing I did was playing with mud. Indeed I made figurines of the other guys who were in the team. They were like voodoo figurines so when the other guys, from the other team, went in front of me I couldn't prevent them from kicking a goal but I was happy since they crushed the mud figurines, which meant they crushed the other guys. But I wasn't able to be a goalkeeper so I got fired. I was really disappointed (that was ironic, as you may have guessed...)

After that, it was time for "Billy Brown" :mf_rosetinted:

Edited by Florian

This moment was after "Blame it on the girls". Before the song, Mika divides the audience : those on the right sing "Blame it on the gi-i-i-irls", those on the left (where I was !) sing "Blame it on the bo-o-o-o-oys".

This time, Mika did something amazing : he stepped down from the stage into the audience ! (I hope you understand what I mean in English...) And joined the crowd to explain to us the thing and to make us sing :shocked:

Anyway, at the end of the song, he said that those on the left were the best. So we began to sing "On a gagné " ("We won") and he said that was just like a football team. But you know, these days, in France, we don't like our football team really much, so we protested ! And he said (this is a summary, not a real translation !) : okay, you know, I can't even play football. When I was a child I was the goalkeeper but the only thing I did was playing with mud. Indeed I made figurines of the other guys who were in the team. They were like voodoo figurines so when the other guys, from the other team, went in front of me I couldn't prevent them from kicking a goal but I was happy since they crushed the mud figurines, which meant they crushed the other guys. But I wasn't able to be a goalkeeper so I got fired. I was really disappointed (that was ironic, as you may have guessed...)

:floor: Thanks for the explanation, Florian :naughty:

Thanks so much....

Very proud to be the only lonely one :mf_rosetinted:

Tried to deserve my membership and honor the MFC... so I shouted, sang, danced .... as much as I could :boing::pbjt::dance_man:

I think you did an excellent job, Francoise - thanks for the report and pics :flowers2:

Thanks so much Florian...

I had forget that story about football :roftl: and to be honest I didn't understand everything during the gig

I had forget also the fact that Mika has jumped into the crowd :shocked:

2 days already...:crybaby::crybaby: and so many days to wait until the next gig....

always thanks for your french-english translation :biggrin2:

aww happy to hear that you could be at the front row in France!!

did the festival staffs prepare those light sticks for the audience? amazing!!

(it would be quite expensive huh?:naughty:)

sad to hear that he'll finish the 2nd album soon.... just wish he could have a (quick) nice break and come back to us with 3rd album....(as soon as possible....can't wait toooo much long :teehee:)

Hello Yuna,

Happy to have been at the front row... but you know in France it's simpler than in Korea. No numbered seats. So no war tickets...:aah:

All you have to do is to come early at the venue :teehee:

Yes, the festival staff gave us the lights sticks for free.. even if they were not as nice as the korean ones...:thumb_yello:

Thank you so much for explaining this:flowers2: It's so funny!!! But I guess it's so much more fun to make figurines out of mud than trying to prevent the other team from scoring a goal:biggrin2:

There have been a few other funny moments, for example when he said he was happy that the tour was to be over, because he's going to come back home and to do interesting things such as doing the dishes, calling the plumber, pay his taxes... :biggrin2:

They also forgot (!!!) to perform Grace Kelly, so they did it at the end !

Then they performed Any other world, which was obviously unscheduled (and unanticipated for me, I love this one so I was on cloud nine) :mf_lustslow:

Mika also said he wanted to be back in Poupet during next tour. I think he really enjoyed being there, he looked really happy. So were we !!!

I forgot to mention another one : during the introduction of La Solitude, he told us he had only two opportunities to sing it remaining. And he wanted to "justify" it, because when he was in Musilac, it was a "festival atmosphere", so people only wanted up tempo music. So when he said "I'm going to sing a song by Barbara", half of the 45 000 people started to boo (the cliché about Barbara is that she's an "intellectual" singer who sang only very long, very slow, very sad , very darksongs). But he said the song is so strong it doesn't need to be justified. And he sang it in a perfect way :wub2:

Thanks Florian! People may like or dislike Barbara's songs but in my opinion it's very rude of them to boo Mika for wanting to sing it. Barbara was indeed regarded as a bit intellectual but she was a great and famous singer in France.. I'm sure most of the people who booed finally loved it and some might search on the web who Barbara really was!

Hello to everyone,

does someone have some pictures of the concert with the lollipop girls and the big girls please?

If you have that mp me, thank you!:thumb_yello:

I have few pics of lollipop and big girls :thumb_yello:

I will post them tonight - sorry but no time right now

But tonight, I promise :biggrin2:

I forgot to mention another one : during the introduction of La Solitude, he told us he had only two opportunities to sing it remaining. And he wanted to "justify" it, because when he was in Musilac, it was a "festival atmosphere", so people only wanted up tempo music. So when he said "I'm going to sing a song by Barbara", half of the 45 000 people started to boo (the cliché about Barbara is that she's an "intellectual" singer who sang only very long, very slow, very sad , very darksongs). But he said the song is so strong it doesn't need to be justified. And he sang it in a perfect way :wub2:

Agree with you Florian...

It was a perfect version of La Solitude, so emotional and pure....:wub2:

I aslo liked a lot when he has sing Over My Shoulder.

1st time I heard it live and it's really the best way to realize how perfect is his voice..pure crystal...:wub2:

Agree with you Florian...

It was a perfect version of La Solitude, so emotional and pure....:wub2:

I aslo liked a lot when he has sing Over My Shoulder.

1st time I heard it live and it's really the best way to realize how perfect is his voice..pure crystal...:wub2:

i agree."over" is wonderful song. cd was only sad but live is pure....silence...

how could i know listen "over" live all the days of my life :drool:

It was simply FANTASTIC!!!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I have some more pictures. Thank you Françoise, your report is so complete !

Merci à vous Caretphil et Françoise pour vos photos !!!! quel bonheur que vous ayez pu prendre d'aussi belles photos !!!! merci merci merci !!!!!!:biggrin2:

There have been a few other funny moments, for example when he said he was happy that the tour was to be over, because he's going to come back home and to do interesting things such as doing the dishes, calling the plumber, pay his taxes... :biggrin2:

They also forgot (!!!) to perform Grace Kelly, so they did it at the end !

Then they performed Any other world, which was obviously unscheduled (and unanticipated for me, I love this one so I was on cloud nine) :mf_lustslow:

Mika also said he wanted to be back in Poupet during next tour. I think he really enjoyed being there, he looked really happy. So were we !!!

Oh yeah I remember all this LLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLL:roftl:

It was simply FANTASTIC!!!:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

I have some more pictures. Thank you Françoise, your report is so complete !

Magnifique photo ! comment as-tu fait pour le prendre d'aussi près? (je pense en particulier au gros plan sur son visage)

Magnifique photo ! comment as-tu fait pour le prendre d'aussi près? (je pense en particulier au gros plan sur son visage)

j'étais vraiment très très bien placée !! je ne pouvais pas espérer mieux ! si tu y étais ou si tu as vu comment était faite la scène, il y avait une avancée dans le public avec une plate-forme au bout. j'étais au 2ème rang face à la scène mais contre la rambarde de l'avancée (ouh là là, est-ce bien clair ?? :teehee:) bref en premier rang sur le coté de l'avancée. et il se trouve qu'il venait très souvent se placer juste devant moi !!! pile à ma hauteur !! dès qu'il s'avançait un peu. c'était trop trop bien !! je ne me remets toujours pas de ce concert ! j'aime tellement poupet pour ça, son côté très intimiste et quelle ambiance chaleureuse !!!

j'étais vraiment très très bien placée !! je ne pouvais pas espérer mieux ! si tu y étais ou si tu as vu comment était faite la scène, il y avait une avancée dans le public avec une plate-forme au bout. j'étais au 2ème rang face à la scène mais contre la rambarde de l'avancée (ouh là là, est-ce bien clair ?? :teehee:) bref en premier rang sur le coté de l'avancée. et il se trouve qu'il venait très souvent se placer juste devant moi !!! pile à ma hauteur !! dès qu'il s'avançait un peu. c'était trop trop bien !! je ne me remets toujours pas de ce concert ! j'aime tellement poupet pour ça, son côté très intimiste et quelle ambiance chaleureuse !!!

Place idéale en effet...

Moi qui venait pour la 1ère fois à Poupet, je n'ai pas vu l'avancée en rentrant dans l'enceinte et du coup, je me suis placée au 1er rang mais sur le coté droit face à la scène - juste en face de Imma et Jimmy et du coup, j'avais très souvent Mika dans le dos...:sneaky2: chaque fois qu'il allait sur l'avancée...

Mais bon, je le comprends, vu la taille de la scène, il n'avait pas beaucoup de place où aller...:naughty:

Ah oui oui oui je vois où tu étais ! Le pire c'est que la prochaine fois qu'il vient à Poupet, il faudra qu'on se rencontre en vrai ! :biggrin2: ça serait marrant ! Quelle ambiance oui j'aime beaucoup aussi le site de Poupet

Place idéale en effet...

Moi qui venait pour la 1ère fois à Poupet, je n'ai pas vu l'avancée en rentrant dans l'enceinte et du coup, je me suis placée au 1er rang mais sur le coté droit face à la scène - juste en face de Imma et Jimmy et du coup, j'avais très souvent Mika dans le dos...:sneaky2: chaque fois qu'il allait sur l'avancée...

Mais bon, je le comprends, vu la taille de la scène, il n'avait pas beaucoup de place où aller...:naughty:

J'étais placée du même côté que toi Françoise, j'avais l'arbre géant face à moi mais par contre j'étais pas tout devant, y'avait peut-être 5 ou 6 rangées de gens devant moi ce qui fait que je voyais pas trop mal l'avancée :blush-anim-cl: et beau Mika hihihihi

J'étais placée du même côté que toi Françoise, j'avais l'arbre géant face à moi mais par contre j'étais pas tout devant, y'avait peut-être 5 ou 6 rangées de gens devant moi ce qui fait que je voyais pas trop mal l'avancée :blush-anim-cl: et beau Mika hihihihi

Alors on s'est peut etre vu.... J'avais moi aussi l'arbre devant moi qui me bouchait la vue :sneaky2:

Alors on s'est peut etre vu.... J'avais moi aussi l'arbre devant moi qui me bouchait la vue :sneaky2:

Ah ben peut-être :teehee: Moi j'ai les cheveux courts, bouclés et avec des lunettes ! (en fait je devrais remplacer le minois de Mika par le mien sur mon CP, lol) J'étais venue avec une collègue de boulot, et je me rappelle qu'on s'était dit "mais qu'est-ce qu'on va faire pendant les 1h30 à attendre?". Alors au début on comptait les théières, les oiseaux et autres décos de l'arbre :naughty: mais en fait devant nous y'avait 2 ados, dont une qui envoyait une quantité pharaonique de SMS à ton boyfriend, et comme le texte était écrit gros on voyait tout et on s'est dit "punaise, l'adolescence, c'est loin !" looooooooooool:biggrin2: on était bidonnées, ça nous a fait passer le temps :wink2: