REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS: Mika @ Festival Poupet, St. Malo du Bois, France - 22 JULY 2010

lollipop_monkey

Apparently only one MFCer went to this gig, but I'll open a report thread just for archiving purposes :naughty::yay::boing:

------------

REPORTS

------------

francoise

------------

PICTURES

------------

francoise, francoise (part 2), francoise (part 3)

caretphil

------------

VIDEOS

------------

Edited by Fmbm

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here is my report...

Just came back home, 4am and far too much excited to sleep....:wub2:

This gig has been my 2nd Mika's gig after Seoul more than 1 month ago and it was totally different because of the venue.

Only one thing in commun: it was fabulous!!!:swoon::swoon:

We arrived around 4.30pm and were surprised to see only few people in front of us :boing:

Newton Faulkner started to sing around 8.20pm for an hour!!! (very good singer BTW, especially his cover of Queen).

The stage was very small (15m maximum), really too small to put all the stuff. So we had only sunflowers and the inclined stage.

We had a front row on the right but were a little bit hampered by one of the 2 big trees in front of us which unfortunatly stucked the view on stage.

Mika and the band arrived on stage after 10pm.

Mika was perfect as usual, brillant.... :fangurl:

The venue was totally packed. 3000 people only but really on fire. Everybody sang a lot and the festival staff had the good idea to give light sticks and light key rings to everybody and Mika has really appreciated it (he talked about his mother who bought light straps for the 2nd Bercy's gig in April because it was too dark... :dunno:)

The small audience (compared with other huge festivals) really created an intimate atmosphere and it made Mika being in excellent mood, very talkative and relaxed. His voice was unreal despite of 3 shows in 3 days and a huge number of gigs this month. I was also stunned again by his energy. This man never looks tired and to be honest I don't how he can be so energetic, so generous when I see his gig's schedule....:aah:

Mika said that regarding the small audience, he really need us to succeed in this show. He asked for help to place the piano in the middle of the stage.

He started with Relax and BG and of course we had Kick Ass.

At the 1st encore, he sang La Solitude and Lollipop and came back for a 2nd encore with GK en french, Any Other World and another Relax.

The gig last more than 2 hours.

He also confirmed that after Colmar in august he will not come back to France for a gig before the release of the 3rd album which means in a long long time..... :crybaby:

Anyway, I went out exhausted but full of glitter and stars in the head. That's the Mika effect....:thumb_yello:

Pics will follow...

Also found this....

http://www.ouest-france.fr/ofdernmin_-Le-live-de-Poupet-n-8-le-festival-comme-si-vous-y-etiez-_42314-1454211-pere-pdl_filDMA.Htm

Translation:

The live Poupet No. 8: the festival as if you were there

Mika puts the outdoor theater of Saint-Malo-du-Bois on fire

Welcome to the Festival of Poupet! All the team of Ouest-France newspaper bends over backwards to help you experience the festival of Poupet, as if you were in the outdoor theater of Saint-Malo-du-Bois.

16:30

The team of Mika arrived Thursday morning, with nearly half past one behind the roadmap. Therefore, the race against the clock was started to unload a semi-trailer equipment. The biggest load of all the dates of the festival! The two large trees, decorative elements of the show, have had trouble finding their place in the forefront. It took up two trice a new bridge at the top of the tent Poupet ... "The team of Mika is very organized with it, it goes straight! "Says a volunteer. The stage equipment is particularly heavy and bulky. "The removal would be a long, breath ahead of one of the linchpins of the festival. Cheers Volunteers! Friday, he will do it again! "

17:30

Major safety briefing as rarely in the corridors of Poupet, with the commissioner and the chairman of the festival. The team of strong men was reinforced: it increases from six to smaller dates, eleven guards! "He will in all corners of the strategic air theater," says the head of SNCS, the security firm commissioned by the festival. Even backstage, the barricades are installed to isolate the star of volunteers and journalists …

18:30

A first for this tour ... Two volunteer seamstresses of the festival were tapped to remove the lining of all costumes of Mika and his band later in the afternoon. Heat when you hold us!

19:00

Jennifer is a fan for almost four years: "I like his style, as he dressed, his universe. It's huge to see Mika in the Grove? A little later, a dozen groupies than fifteen years eat facing the stage, ready to welcome their idols: "We love her eccentric style, her voice, her clothing style and his image. What emerges! "

19:55

It was not easy to know when Mika would enter the outdoor theater ... The environment of the star leaked the information to the maximum. Even volunteers of Poupet wanted to know more. Otherwise, they amused themselves by imagining an arrival of the mad: In a helicopter, balloon, where jet ski? The gambles were open! Results of races is a Megane (Renault's car) that filed the showman at the foot of the outdoor theater of Saint-Malo-du-Bois. Dressed simply in jeans and a T-shirt, he signed three autographs before the service order does sucks backstage, away from view.

20:30

Newton Faulkner, the young prodigy English, launches the first chords of his pop-folk. By the end of his first song, he broke a fingernail. "Oh, okay, it's good for time ...», there, before resuming her set.

21:00

The concert Newton Faulkner not enthusiastic crowds. The public is calm before the British pop-folk (Wrong!!! He really has a good welcome...)

21:20

Volunteers are involved. They must inflate 100 balloons for the show.

21:30

"Bohemian Rhapsody" to finish. The resumption of Queen enchants festival of Poupet.

22:15

Relax! Mika enters. The hit puts people on fire.

22:33

The young Mika is already a veteran of the stage. Colorful costumes, frenetic races, humorous interludes, fantastic scenery, he cooked his recipe itself ... And it works!

23:15

The audience is on fire when Mika is singing Love Today its success. The ecstatic crowd takes up the words by heart

23:25

Mika kills his musicians on stage. They fall like rabbits ... Fictitiously of course!

23:35

Moment of grace. Mika is rarely done. He covers La Solitude, the song of Barbara. Festival-goers are like hanging by a thread. Magic!

23:45

A shower of balloons descends on the theater. Everybody plays to send each of the balls while the song sung by Mika is Lollipop with his falsetto voice. Onstage different atmosphere. the musicians were wearing huge masks skull. Contrast succeeded!

00:10

After nearly two hours of concerts, the show ignited ends. The fans have had their behalf. Relax, take it easy once again to finish.

Hope the translation is not too weird... A big thanks to Google Translate which helped me to do it fast :naughty:

Here is my report...

This gig has been my 2nd Mika's gig after Seoul more than 1 month ago and it was totally different because of the venue.

We arrived around 4.30pm and were surprised to see only few people in front of us :boing:

Newton Faulkner started to sing around 8.20pm for an hour!!! (very good singer BTW, especially his cover of Queen).

The stage was very small (15m maximum), really too small to put all the stuff. So we had only sunflowers and the inclined stage.

We had a front row on the right but were a little bit hampered by one of the 2 big trees in front of us which unfortunatly stucked the view on stage.

The venue was totally packed. 3000 people only but really on fire. Everybody sang a lot and the festival staff had the good idea to give light sticks and light key rings to everybody and Mika has really appreciated it (he talked about his mother who bought light straps for the 2nd Bercy's gig in April because it was too dark... :dunno:)

The small audience (compared with other huge festivals) really created an intimate atmosphere and it made Mika being in excellent mood, very talkative and relaxed. His voice was unreal despite of 3 shows in 3 days and a huge number of gigs this month. I was also stunned again by his energy. This man never looks tired and to be honest I don't how he can be so energetic, so generous when I see his gig's schedule....:aah:

Mika said that regarding the small audience, he really need us to succeed in this show. He asked for help to place the piano in the middle of the stage.

At the 1st encore, he sang La Solitude and Lollipop and came back for a 2nd encore with GK en french, Any Other World and another Relax.

He also confirmed that after Colmar in august he will not come back to France for a gig before the release of the 3rd album which means in a long long time..... :crybaby:

Anyway, I went out exhausted but full of glitter and stars in the head. That's the Mika effect....:thumb_yello:

Pics will follow...

Amazing report:wub2: Thanks so much for posting!!!

So it was his mum who bought all the light straps for the 2nd Bercy gig. They were such a great surprise and created a very impressive effect in a massive venue like Bercy.

Here is my report...

Pics will follow...

wow~~sis~~ you're back~:mf_lustslow: Don't you tired? is o.k?

view was not good but Two encore~ Wish to be formed~ Makes me feel good:biggrin2: Did lollipop stick shook?

wow~~sis~~ you're back~:mf_lustslow: Don't you tired? is o.k?

view was not good but Two encore~ Wish to be formed~ Makes me feel good:biggrin2: Did lollipop stick shook?

Hi laymay. Never tired after a Mika's gig.

Want to share my happiness.

It was so great. He is really the BEST ARTIST ... EVER.. :mf_lustslow::mf_lustslow:

Edited by francoise