REPORTS/PICS/VIDEOS: Mika @ Festival Poupet, St. Malo du Bois, France - 22 JULY 2010

lollipop_monkey

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

thank you so much for quick report, awesome pics francoise!:huglove:

sounds like good mood and much fun show last night..I'm glad to hear that you had such a nice time wish I was there :aah:

hope you have a lovely time with family and friends on your holiday. safe trip!:yay:

Merci à tous et toutes pour ces belles vidéos, ces belles photos, ces articles de journaux...

Ce n'est que du bonheur de regarder Mika, hein?!,?

Quelle tristesse d'imaginer que c'est déjà bientôt la fin de cette deuxième tournée en France.Patienter va être dur après ça.

Translation

For Rosa who asked for it:teehee:

(sorry if there's a few bit that i might miss some words... the crowd was loud:naughty:)

Mka:*talks about the light sticks* It's really impressive... *people cheering* and really beautiful. I'll tell you a story. I've been working with my mom for a long time now. I don't talk abuot her very often. She's paranoiak. Whenever she sees a photographer, she throws her sandwich at him. She's so afraid that everyone might see her. I don't know why.. She's always talking about (sorry, i cant get this part!:aah:). Anyways, we were doing Bercy, but they werent as organized as all of you... *people cheering* It's like im in a Pixar animation! And with 10 000 UFO's in front of me (im not sure thats what he says here:naughty:) And so, we did the first night, and was disappointed. So, as a surprise, my mom left in the morning with the promoters and they bought, we she bought herself, in a store, well in every Paris store, 18 000 glow-in-the-dark bracelets and, well it was almost 30 000 bracelets really, they gave every person 2 bracelets so i could come up on stage and have 18 000 people with color on their arm. And tonight, it wasnt my mom! You did it yourselves and its very impressive. I dont even know why im talking that much! And all my musicians dont understand a thing. Jimmys learning well. He likes that people love him. But seriously, dont be too nice to him. He's like a cat. He wants you to love him and then, when you love him, he bites you!

*someone screaming in the audience*

Mika: well, if you want him to bit you... Go ahead... its free... *looks at Jimmy* What are you doing?? *laughs*

*jimmy doing funny things, people cheering*

Mika: Be careful, he really can bite the first person... After talking about Jimmy, my friend Billy Brown looks totally... (end of video!) :teehee:

And merci Francoise pour les vidéos et photos!!!!:wub2:

Translation

(sorry if there's a few bit that i might miss some words... the crowd was loud:naughty:)

Mka:*talks about the light sticks* It's really impressive... *people cheering* and really beautiful. I'll tell you a story. I've been working with my mom for a long time now. I don't talk abuot her very often. She's paranoiak. Whenever she sees a photographer, she throws her sandwich at him. She's so afraid that everyone might see her. I don't know why.. She's always talking about (sorry, i cant get this part!:aah:). Anyways, we were doing Bercy, but they werent as organized as all of you... *people cheering* It's like im in a Pixar animation! And with 10 000 UFO's in front of me (im not sure thats what he says here:naughty:) And so, we did the first night, and was disappointed. So, as a surprise, my mom left in the morning with the promoters and they bought, we she bought herself, in a store, well in every Paris store, 18 000 glow-in-the-dark bracelets and, well it was almost 30 000 bracelets really, they gave every person 2 bracelets so i could come up on stage and have 18 000 people with color on their arm. And tonight, it wasnt my mom! You did it yourselves and its very impressive. I dont even know why im talking that much! And all my musicians dont understand a thing. Jimmys learning well. He likes that people love him. But seriously, dont be too nice to him. He's like a cat. He wants you to love him and then, when you love him, he bites you!

Mika: well, if you want him to bit you... Go ahead... its free... *looks at Jimmy* What are you doing?? *laughs*

Mika: Be careful, he really can bite the first person... After talking about Jimmy, my friend Billy Brown looks totally... (end of video!) :teehee:

You're such a STAR!!! :huglove:

Thanks for the vid link francoise, too!! :flowers2:

I've been to the 2nd Bercy gig btw and it was really fun, because the security guys handed out the bracelets and partly just threw them into the crowd - and when we were backstage as BGs/LGs we heard how Mrs Penniman got very angry because she wanted to make sure that EVERY SINGLE PERSON got a bracelet - and she was afraid that some people didn't get one...so she repeated: "I told them to hand them out to everyone, not to throw them into the crowd!!!" :lmfao: That was soooo sweet!!! :wub2:

Merci bien, Francoise!

Tes photos sont fabuleuses!

How was the feeling of being the only lonely one MFCr there? :naughty:

Thanks so much....

Very proud to be the only lonely one :mf_rosetinted:

Tried to deserve my membership and honor the MFC... so I shouted, sang, danced .... as much as I could :boing::pbjt::dance_man:

Translation

Thanks so much Lilstar

I didn't had time to do it...

Funny, isn't it? Poor Jimmy....:teehee:

About his mother, he has say that she always wears pink or blue dresses and this is not very discrete.

After the 1st trumpet solo, he also insulted Jimmy in french (for joking of course): idiot, bastard, clown face and few other really bad words which I can't write here :naughty: and said at the end: 'I can say whatever I want, he doesn't understand french...' :aah:

But no video for this one... :tears:

Thanks so much Lilstar

About his mother, he has say that she always wears pink or blue dresses and this is not very discrete.

After the 1st trumpet solo, he also insulted Jimmy in french (for joking of course): idiot, bastard, clown face and few other really bad words which I can't write here :naughty: and said at the end: 'I can say whatever I want, he doesn't understand french...' :aah:

awwwwwwwwww!!:wub2::roftl:

thanks for the bit i missed!! i kept hearing blue and pink, but couldnt figure out what he was saying!:naughty:

thank you for the vids and pics again!!! elles sont superbes:wub2:

Here is my report...

Just came back home, 4am and far too much excited to sleep....:wub2:

This gig has been my 2nd Mika's gig after Seoul more than 1 month ago and it was totally different because of the venue.

Only one thing in commun: it was fabulous!!!:swoon::swoon:

We arrived around 4.30pm and were surprised to see only few people in front of us :boing:

Newton Faulkner started to sing around 8.20pm for an hour!!! (very good singer BTW, especially his cover of Queen).

The stage was very small (15m maximum), really too small to put all the stuff. So we had only sunflowers and the inclined stage.

We had a front row on the right but were a little bit hampered by one of the 2 big trees in front of us which unfortunatly stucked the view on stage.

Mika and the band arrived on stage after 10pm.

Mika was perfect as usual, brillant.... :fangurl:

The venue was totally packed. 3000 people only but really on fire. Everybody sang a lot and the festival staff had the good idea to give light sticks and light key rings to everybody and Mika has really appreciated it (he talked about his mother who bought light straps for the 2nd Bercy's gig in April because it was too dark... :dunno:)

The small audience (compared with other huge festivals) really created an intimate atmosphere and it made Mika being in excellent mood, very talkative and relaxed. His voice was unreal despite of 3 shows in 3 days and a huge number of gigs this month. I was also stunned again by his energy. This man never looks tired and to be honest I don't how he can be so energetic, so generous when I see his gig's schedule....:aah:

Mika said that regarding the small audience, he really need us to succeed in this show. He asked for help to place the piano in the middle of the stage.

He started with Relax and BG and of course we had Kick Ass.

At the 1st encore, he sang La Solitude and Lollipop and came back for a 2nd encore with GK en french, Any Other World and another Relax.

The gig last more than 2 hours.

He also confirmed that after Colmar in august he will not come back to France for a gig before the release of the 3rd album which means in a long long time..... :crybaby:

Anyway, I went out exhausted but full of glitter and stars in the head. That's the Mika effect....:thumb_yello:

Pics will follow...

Thank you so much for the report :thumb_yello:

The bolded part makes me feel so sad though :no:

Thanks so much Lilstar

Soon he won't be able to do those jokes anymore, Jimmy is learning french! :naughty: If i ever see MIKA in live one day i'd like it to be in a small venue like this one, and be in front row. :wub2:

Thanks for the report and the pics! :biggrin2:

Translation

For Rosa who asked for it:tee hee:

merci Rox!!! :huglove:

Thanks so much Lilstar

:lmfao: oh Mika :roftl:

and thank you, thank you for your lovely report!!

Translation

t4p

:wub2::wub2:

lovely report...

:biggrin2::aah:

i just noticed from the current pix that he's not wearing his striped shirt for the whole show anymore - good! :naughty:

apart from that, i try to avoid watching vids+pix from the shows, it just distracts me from my work. :aah: and makes me want to go to each and every mika gig. :teehee::aah::aah:

Translation

Mika: well, if you want him to bit you... Go ahead... its free... *looks at Jimmy* What are you doing??

Mika: Be careful, he really can bite the first person... After talking about Jimmy, my friend Billy Brown looks totally... (end of video!)

And merci Francoise pour les vidéos et photos!!!!

always thanks for your french-english translation :biggrin2:

Here is my report...

Just came back home, 4am and far too much excited to sleep....

This gig has been my 2nd Mika's gig after Seoul more than 1 month ago and it was totally different because of the venue.

Only one thing in commun: it was fabulous!!!:swoon:

We arrived around 4.30pm and were surprised to see only few people in front of us :boing:

Newton Faulkner started to sing around 8.20pm for an hour!!! (very good singer BTW, especially his cover of Queen).

The stage was very small (15m maximum), really too small to put all the stuff. So we had only sunflowers and the inclined stage.

We had a front row on the right but were a little bit hampered by one of the 2 big trees in front of us which unfortunatly stucked the view on stage.

Mika and the band arrived on stage after 10pm.

Mika was perfect as usual, brillant....

The venue was totally packed. 3000 people only but really on fire. Everybody sang a lot and the festival staff had the good idea to give light sticks and light key rings to everybody and Mika has really appreciated it (he talked about his mother who bought light straps for the 2nd Bercy's gig in April because it was too dark... :dunno:)

The small audience (compared with other huge festivals) really created an intimate atmosphere and it made Mika being in excellent mood, very talkative and relaxed. His voice was unreal despite of 3 shows in 3 days and a huge number of gigs this month. I was also stunned again by his energy. This man never looks tired and to be honest I don't how he can be so energetic, so generous when I see his gig's schedule....:aah:

Mika said that regarding the small audience, he really need us to succeed in this show. He asked for help to place the piano in the middle of the stage.

He started with Relax and BG and of course we had Kick Ass.

At the 1st encore, he sang La Solitude and Lollipop and came back for a 2nd encore with GK en french, Any Other World and another Relax.

The gig last more than 2 hours.

He also confirmed that after Colmar in august he will not come back to France for a gig before the release of the 3rd album which means in a long long time.....

Anyway, I went out exhausted but full of glitter and stars in the head. That's the Mika effect....:thumb_yello:

Pics will follow...

aww happy to hear that you could be at the front row in France!!

did the festival staffs prepare those light sticks for the audience? amazing!!

(it would be quite expensive huh?:naughty:)

sad to hear that he'll finish the 2nd album soon.... just wish he could have a (quick) nice break and come back to us with 3rd album....(as soon as possible....can't wait toooo much long :teehee:)