REPORTS/PICS/VIDS - Mika @ Mamaia, Romania, 24-JUL-2010

Christine

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's 5 A.M. here in Romania and I cannot sleep, still thinking about the night before. I also started and finished the translation of the review on Monden Info. International fans also have the right to know what the press says about Mika and his gigs:

Last night Mika held his first concert in Romania. The event took place thanks to Orange Romania, who organised the Orange Summer Party and I was one of the 12 oficial journalists for this show.

I left Bucharest on a bus on Saturday morning on a microbus who took us to a hotel situated on the beach, at the seaside, really close of H2O Beach from Mamaia, where the concert was. I thank the Orange crew and representatives for the organisation and the way we have been accomodated.

Last night began with Cut Copy’s recital, a band from Australia. I met few people who had heard of them, and I had found some details about them after having googled their name. I must have had my hopes up, or else I wouldn’t have found them a not-so-great opening act. The lead singer was kind of lousy during certain songs. When they appeared on-stage, everybody started screaming, but the singer mentioned that they are not Mika, they’re Cut Copy.

Their performance lasted 45 minutes and there was a break in which the stage was being set up for one of the biggest events of the year. Mika came on-stage around 10 p.m. The scene had props like sunflowers, 4 big letters spelling MIKA who kept changing their color, the 4 letters who were on everybody’s lips this weekend.

It was a magical evening and the energy Mika put through to the public was incredible. Mika is a true showman and the expectations everybody had were fully met. He changed costumes several times during the evening, but the greatest part of the whole show was the fact that he went shirtless at a certain point in time, making the fans rave. He played the flower-patterned piano, he skipped, he danced and he ran around the stage until he left us completely dizzy and amazed. He threw some huge inflatable beachballs off the stage, and the crowd passed them back and forth.

At a certain point in time, there were some girls who appeared on-stage, one of them dressed as a bride and some who seemed to be from Wonderland, wearing cute pink dresses and flowers on their head. The giant doll which he dragged on-stage was interesting, to which he dedicated Love Today. When he sang Billy Brown, they put up a flag which said BILLY!, and they fluttered it for a couple of seconds. During Big Girl, you are beautiful, a huge inflatable shoe size XXL was carried around the audience.

The setlist included the hits that made him famous, like Happy Ending, Relax, take it easy, but I also heard songs off his last album, The Boy Who Knew Too Much: Doctor John or Blue Eyes. The public reacted really well at We Are Golden, Blame It On The Girls and Rain. Mika didn’t let his fans wait for a long time for the encore, making his comeback with Grace Kelly, who was the climax. The only thing that he screwed up was chosing the last song to be Lollipop, one of the singles who hadn’t been promoted in Romania, which resulted in many people who didn’t know the lyrics.

Voice-wise, the man is strong, he has a high-pitched voice and he’s even daring to do covers – Sweet Dreams by Eurythmics. Although I had heard people talking about the fact that he is really shy and introverted, and he wanted silence at the hotel, Mika really turns into a character when he goes on-stage. His band did really well, especially the backing vocals lady, who danced with him, was really energetic and had a funky costume. His stage appearance and charm is impressive and resemblant to a fresh, reinvented version of Freddie Mercury, who also appeals to teenagers.

The funniest part of the evening was the fact that Mika talked in Romanian. The British tried to thank us and make us sing along with him, in our language. Maybe somebody was whispering in his earpiece, but the guy really wanted to make himself understood and he managed to do so.

In what concerns the public, there was a lot of people, even further than the H2O beach. I am sure there were more than 10000 people. They reacted very well, they made a lot of noise and they sang along with Mika until the very end of the show. Who said that the Romanian public is not educated, is wrong. The public wants to see a true show, a voice that sounds good, nice vibe (positive energy) and a performer who does his best to offer a memorable evening.

Mika is more than a talented person, he is a character who lives a story on-stage. The public is invited to take place to this show who represents a colorful world (Life In Cartoon Motion). From the top hat to the sailor outfit, Mika was worth every applause. For what he did last night, hats off!

Below you find pictures took by me during the first 10 minutes of the show. Were you there? Did you enjoyed it as much as I did?

It's 5 A.M. here in Romania and I cannot sleep, still thinking about the night before. I also started and finished the translation of the review on Monden Info. International fans also have the right to know what the press says about Mika and his gigs:

Last night Mika held his first concert in Romania. The event took place thanks to Orange Romania, who organised the Orange Summer Party and I was one of the 12 oficial journalists for this show.

I left Bucharest on a bus on Saturday morning on a microbus who took us to a hotel situated on the beach, at the seaside, really close of H2O Beach from Mamaia, where the concert was. I thank the Orange crew and representatives for the organisation and the way we have been accomodated.

Last night began with Cut Copy’s recital, a band from Australia. I met few people who had heard of them, and I had found some details about them after having googled their name. I must have had my hopes up, or else I wouldn’t have found them a not-so-great opening act. The lead singer was kind of lousy during certain songs. When they appeared on-stage, everybody started screaming, but the singer mentioned that they are not Mika, they’re Cut Copy.

Their performance lasted 45 minutes and there was a break in which the stage was being set up for one of the biggest events of the year. Mika came on-stage around 10 p.m. The scene had props like sunflowers, 4 big letters spelling MIKA who kept changing their color, the 4 letters who were on everybody’s lips this weekend.

It was a magical evening and the energy Mika put through to the public was incredible. Mika is a true showman and the expectations everybody had were fully met. He changed costumes several times during the evening, but the greatest part of the whole show was the fact that he went shirtless at a certain point in time, making the fans rave. He played the flower-patterned piano, he skipped, he danced and he ran around the stage until he left us completely dizzy and amazed. He threw some huge inflatable beachballs off the stage, and the crowd passed them back and forth.

At a certain point in time, there were some girls who appeared on-stage, one of them dressed as a bride and some who seemed to be from Wonderland, wearing cute pink dresses and flowers on their head. The giant doll which he dragged on-stage was interesting, to which he dedicated Love Today. When he sang Billy Brown, they put up a flag which said BILLY!, and they fluttered it for a couple of seconds. During Big Girl, you are beautiful, a huge inflatable shoe size XXL was carried around the audience.

The setlist included the hits that made him famous, like Happy Ending, Relax, take it easy, but I also heard songs off his last album, The Boy Who Knew Too Much: Doctor John or Blue Eyes. The public reacted really well at We Are Golden, Blame It On The Girls and Rain. Mika didn’t let his fans wait for a long time for the encore, making his comeback with Grace Kelly, who was the climax. The only thing that he screwed up was chosing the last song to be Lollipop, one of the singles who hadn’t been promoted in Romania, which resulted in many people who didn’t know the lyrics.

Voice-wise, the man is strong, he has a high-pitched voice and he’s even daring to do covers – Sweet Dreams by Eurythmics. Although I had heard people talking about the fact that he is really shy and introverted, and he wanted silence at the hotel, Mika really turns into a character when he goes on-stage. His band did really well, especially the backing vocals lady, who danced with him, was really energetic and had a funky costume. His stage appearance and charm is impressive and resemblant to a fresh, reinvented version of Freddie Mercury, who also appeals to teenagers.

The funniest part of the evening was the fact that Mika talked in Romanian. The British tried to thank us and make us sing along with him, in our language. Maybe somebody was whispering in his earpiece, but the guy really wanted to make himself understood and he managed to do so.

In what concerns the public, there was a lot of people, even further than the H2O beach. I am sure there were more than 10000 people. They reacted very well, they made a lot of noise and they sang along with Mika until the very end of the show. Who said that the Romanian public is not educated, is wrong. The public wants to see a true show, a voice that sounds good, nice vibe (positive energy) and a performer who does his best to offer a memorable evening.

Mika is more than a talented person, he is a character who lives a story on-stage. The public is invited to take place to this show who represents a colorful world (Life In Cartoon Motion). From the top hat to the sailor outfit, Mika was worth every applause. For what he did last night, hats off!

Below you find pictures took by me during the first 10 minutes of the show. Were you there? Did you enjoyed it as much as I did?

WOW :biggrin2:thank you for reports, the press note, pics and vds AMAZING

I love all :clap: Oh Sweet Dreams again OMG:fangurl:

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :aah:

managed to find an internet cafe in this bloody resort.

haven't read the whole thread yet.

i'll do a full report when i get home (tomorrow)

first of all,the gig was AMAAAAAZIIIIING!! he did Sweet Dreams! what a surprise! oh and he reacted to our banner :mf_rosetinted:

second,it was so lovely meeting you all,i had such a great time:wub2::wub2:

third,i can't wait to get home:roftl:

that was all...for now :mf_rosetinted:

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :aah:

managed to find an internet cafe in this bloody resort.

haven't read the whole thread yet.

i'll do a full report when i get home (tomorrow)

first of all,the gig was AMAAAAAZIIIIING!! he did Sweet Dreams! what a surprise! oh and he reacted to our banner :mf_rosetinted:

second,it was so lovely meeting you all,i had such a great time:wub2::wub2:

third,i can't wait to get home:roftl:

that was all...for now :mf_rosetinted:

what did he say about the banner?

Here is another link with a few pics

http://www.1969.ro/concerte/mika-la-mamaia/

translation of the words in Romanian

great show, great voice, hard the beats, bubble gum hits, hysterical girls ... pity the fact of candy his songs have. Itself is ok. but that they have reached a certain period on all the fences, it has consumed. and I stayed with the lollipop stick.

However, the road to Mamaia deserved. man moves well, he feels the public, spoke in Romanian (somebody whispered in the helmet, I'm sure) and the voice of the disk is the one in concert. big deal.

Last night Mika held his first concert in Romania. The event took place thanks to Orange Romania, who organised the Orange Summer Party and I was one of the 12 oficial journalists for this show ........

It was a magical evening and the energy Mika put through to the public was incredible. Mika is a true showman and the expectations everybody had were fully met. He changed costumes several times during the evening, but the greatest part of the whole show was the fact that he went shirtless at a certain point in time, making the fans rave. He played the flower-patterned piano, he skipped, he danced and he ran around the stage until he left us completely dizzy and amazed. He threw some huge inflatable beachballs off the stage, and the crowd passed them back and forth. .......

..... Mika is more than a talented person, he is a character who lives a story on-stage. The public is invited to take place to this show who represents a colorful world (Life In Cartoon Motion). From the top hat to the sailor outfit, Mika was worth every applause. For what he did last night, hats off!

Thanks for the translation :flowers2:

Edited by silver

Here comes Vanessa 's short report.

Me and Ioana left Bucharest at 10:45 am, we arrived on the beach at about 2 :30pm and got to meet the other Romanian ladies from the forum.The weather was bloody hot ,I thought I was going to have insolation and I was thirsty most of the time and I ate only 3 sandwiches the whole day.

The people who organized the gig didn't let us in before 7 pm.

At about 8 pm Mika' s mom came outside to pick the Lollipop girls ,Bg's and 4 boys as it was difficult to pick them she let Ioana to choose from the crowd .:naughty:

The crowd in the front row was extremely pushy at the beginning until I moved next to our girls on MFC.:thumb_yello:

The opening band Cut copy were good but I thought their performance was quite long and i started to get bored at some point.

Then was a 30 minute break where they brought Mika's letters , the flower covered piano and the flower ornamentation.

I must add there were big heavy balloons which were coming on our heads from the back to the front and one of them was about to hit me.:roftl:

Mika started with Relax and ended with Lollipop . I like the fact he choose to sing Sweet dreams which is my favorite cover instead of Kick Ass :teehee:

He danced a lot with Imma ,he played the piano at the end of Big girl,at the beginning of Happy ending(I started to cry during this one don't ask why ) ,during Stuck in the middle and Billy Brown .I loved the choreography during Touches you. .He kind of interacted a lot with us especially during 'Blame it on the girls' ( I think we sang more on that song than he did :naughty:) and We are golden.I like the fact that at Love today Jimmy kissed the toy boy and Mika didn't shoot Cherisse. :mf_rosetinted:

While he was performing Grace Kelly the boy was staring a lot at me and I was smiling back at him :teehee:

He took his shirt off at Rain and you should have heard the screaming of the crowd I was about to be left deaf :roftl:

What can I say I loved every minute of this gig he is a brilliant performer and I have taken loads of pics which I'll be posting them laterz.

I'm sure many Romanian people were impressed by the show even the ones who were non Mika fans and came just for Cut copy.I hope the Romanian fanbase will expand .

I want to say it was lovely meeting the Romanian Mfcers :Nicoleta ,Adda, Ruxi ,Diana,Madeline girls you are fantastic :biggrin2:

I feel so sorry for the people who were waiting and wanted an autograph from him but it seems he needed to catch the airport to Bucharest and then go to London. :boxed:

P.s. Today Ioana and me have seen Imma,John and Jimmy on the streets of Bucharest

Edited by vanessa

http://thegig.ro/2010/07/mika-si-cut-copy-in-concert-pe-plaja-h2o-din-mamaia/

On Saturday, July 24th, Mika held his first concert in Romania, within the Imaginarium Tour, through which the artist promotes his second album, The Boy Who Knew Too Much. The event was included in the series of concerts labeled Orange Summer Party.

Even from 6 P.M. (--erm.. us, MFCers were there before 1 p.m.) the H2O beach was full of the artist's fans, who were rushing to keep a spot open for themselves as close to the stage as possible

Until Mika sang, the Romanian public got the chance to get introduced to the indie electronic Australian band, Cut Copy. They warmed up the audience for about 45 minutes. Cut Copy went on-stage after 10 p.m., their task being quite difficult.

They sang in front of an audience who had no idea who they were and who was anxiously waiting for the Mika concert. They were well received, though, their music being really energetic and up-beat.

Their most recent album, In Ghost Colours, was considered one of the best of 2008. If you thought they sounded good on the CD, they're just as good live. The lead singer, Dan Whitford, was the most lively on-stage. Apart from doing the vocals, he showed that he can also play guitar, he talked to the audience and he ran around the stage. They also sang new songs, not only the ones off In Ghost Colours, which are going to be recorded on the band's next album, who is due to be released next year.

After Cut Copy, the most anticipated moment by the almost 10000 spectators finally came. Apart from the hits that everybody knew and waited for, Mika also gave a visually flamboyant show, a celebration of colours and joyfulness. The stage was decorated with colorful flowers, and in front a row of sunflowers framed the whole picture. Backstage there was huge lettering, big inflatable letters with flowers drawn onto, who spelled Mika. In this fairytale setting, Mika started the show right off with one of his well-known songs, Relax, Take It Easy, with which he made the crowd go wild.

During Big Girl (You Are Beautiful), an inflatable foot, with a red high-heeled shoe came from the right part of the stage and was carried around through the first rows. Songs like Dr. John, Any Other World, Billy Brown, I See You, Rain, Blame It On The Girls, Happy Ending and We Are Golden followed, songs on which the audience danced and sang along with the artist. Mika talked several times to the public and amazed them when he started to speak in Romanian, pronouncing almost all the words perfectly.

During Love Today, the stage got crowded, under the spotlights entering a cortege of really colorful and bizarre wedding-goers, lead by a bride. Along with them, a giant puppet, with which Mika played while he was singing.

Towards the end of the show, Mika directed a tragi-comedy in which he faked the shooting of his bandmates, finally collapsing as well due to some imaginary bullets.

The public wanted an encore and the concert went on with Grace Kelly, Lollipop and Kick Ass, during the last two songs the artist making use of some interesting visual tricks. At the start of Lollipop, Mika and his band offered a percution act, during which they all drummed in some metal barrels, and while they played Kick Ass, on-stage appeared once more the colorful parade, who danced frantically next to Mika.

Also, be sure to keep checking this nice mister's channel, as he filmed the show in HD: http://www.youtube.com/user/MrCristidorombach

Teaser, Mika talking in Romanian:

:teehee:

LE: Another fab review by a Romanian artist, who is part of the band Hi-Q: http://bit.ly/dB1RgQ

Translation:

Saturday night I had the opportunity to go to Mika's concert, organised by Orange on the H2O beach in Mamaia. It was not only one of the best concerts that I have ever been to, but it was a show that really touched me.

Piece of advice: if you want to feel whatever vibe the artist has to send to the audience, stand in front of the stage, as central as you can get. That's where the music, the lights and the band's energy is gathered! The comfy VIP chairs keep you away from all the fun and joy...

I have seen many great international artists, most of whom did their job extraordinarily well and everybody was happy. As an artist with hundreds of concerts on-stage myself, hats off to their professionalism and talent!

But Saturday night Mika was so much more than just a professional.. More than talented, more than well-prepared. Mika felt awesome on-stage! He sent his joy of singing, being an open book for the audience.

Mika lived happy moments on-stage and passed it on to us.

Probably many have written about the technical equipment, the gear with which he came, about the costumes and the scenography, about the funky bandmates (the drummer was a .. drummerista!). I just want to tell you about the exceptional vibe put through by the artist.

And it's not a small deal at all! And it's really seldom met! And it's not (just) a show.

Mika doesn't have many songs, he released only 2 albums so far, but you can feel that they're written by him and in every single one of them he left a part of his soul.

And, finally, I'm happy to see over 20000 people who danced and sang on a live pop (glam pop, even electro pop at times), forgetting about manele, popcorn and clubbing. A very energetic pop, but also sensitive, just the way I like it.. :)

Edited by Madeline

:Update:

Here are some (lots) of pics of the atmosphere on the beach and the crowd at Mika's gig: http://www.facebook.com/orangeromania?ref=ts&v=app_4949752878#!/orangeromania?v=photos&ref=ts Put a tag if you find yourself in there! :das:

Oh boy, I finally got home but I already feel the joy trying to make its escape when I think of how much fun I had last weekend at the beach and how I have to continue my regular life back in this incredibly boring town. :boxed:

I'm going to write a report soon, I don't know how long it's going to be but I'll let my mixed feelings about this concert speak up :biggrin2:

Also I have some pics and some videos but I don't have the camera's usb cable with me so I'm not sure when I'm going to post them... :aah:

:shocked:wow!thank you,girls for the media reports and for the translations!u're GOLDEN!:thumb_yello:

:mf_rosetinted:why our media reporters said that he played Kick-Ass?!:sneaky2:

it seems that they wrote by inspiration from other international media report ..or what?!:mf_rosetinted:

:wub2:the media pics are brilliant!almost all of them!:naughty:

:shocked:look what twitter i've got!

cristina_bigger.jpg

cristinabazavan

cristina bazavan

@nicoletagenovev sa citesti in tabu de sept ce a fct mika in romania... ca tocmai ce am mers p firul excursiei lui:)

google translate

read the Tabu magazine (September issue) what Mika did in Romania ... that I just went on his trip wire:)

:shocked:i can't wait to read this issue of Tabu!:naughty:

edit:

this issue will be out on aug.25!

@nicoletagenovev 25 august:)

Edited by nicoleta

Being a lolli makes me feel complete haha. I am soo happy that I met you all and I hope we'll met again one day.. I mean, I am sure we will.

I don't think a new review is needed here, because as much as I saw, you guys already posted tons. I just came home from a 10 hours trip and I am real happy to be back in business. Here are some photos that my Mom took while I was with the other lollies, BGs and peeps :)

First, photos of MIKA & the band:

312e7w8.jpg

dx1y8h.jpg

ofov0g.jpg

14xyptk.jpg (this one is my very favourite :wub2: )

I'll probably upload more later, after taking a shower and chilling a bit haha. I also have a few with the MFCers so tell me if you want me to post them or send the personally to you (they're all taken by me or my Mum.. not press photos).

I am also happy that I managed to take a (****ty) photo with David and one with iMMa (that one is even ****tier) and talk a bit to them. I met David again in the backstage and I had the chance to give him the bracelate that I wanted to.. he instantly puted it on and he seemed very happy! He's such a talented person and he deserves some attention too :biggrin2:

I can't wait to see more pictures from Lollipop & the Death March :blush-anim-cl:. It was officialy the best day of my life.. I can't belive there're already 2 days since it happened. Gosh.

**Later Edit:

2ed86t0.jpg

detuna.jpg

280ldhi.jpg

Edited by Cherisse

fac00fa8e14b13b4323c1f0fa7bfaae6.JPG

Concert MIKA: Zece mii de oameni au cantat We are young!

*google translate

MIKA concert: Ten thousand people sang "We Are Young!

http://www.cariereonline.ro/articol/concert-mika-in-romania-romania-recenzie-si-fotografii-mamaia-orange

mika1.JPG

:wub2::wub2:

edit:

tabu-logo2.png

Concert Mika - cele mai tari momente

http://bazavan.tabu.ro/2010/07/25/concert-mika-cele-mai-tari-momente/

*google translate

Mika Concert - the hottest moments

http://bazavan.tabu.ro/2010/07/25/concert-mika-cele-mai-tari-momente/

cam asa a fo si la noi:)

poate un pic mai misto, un pic:)

si cu mai multe haine…colorate… ca din cartile pentru copii.

*google translate

like this was to us:)

maybe a little cool, a bit:)

and more clothes ... colorful ... as in books for children.

Edited by nicoleta

:wub2:

@Cherisse! wow,sweetheart!what great pics!your mom is a genius!:thumb_yello:

:mf_lustslow:AWW!OUR FANACTION!THE BUBBLE SOAP!

fanactionHE.jpg

:mf_rosetinted:UPS,i can't remember(i'm not 100% recovered yet..:naughty:) during what song it was?!Happy ending?

edit:

i've found a video when you can see the fan action!!

MIka Orange Summer Party 2010 H2O Beach in Romania HD - Happy Ending

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcWwfGebVn0&feature=related

at 3:26!

Edited by nicoleta

LE: Another fab review by a Romanian artist, who is part of the band Hi-Q: http://bit.ly/dB1RgQ

Translation:

Saturday night I had the opportunity to go to Mika's concert, organised by Orange on the H2O beach in Mamaia. It was not only one of the best concerts that I have ever been to, but it was a show that really touched me.

I have seen many great international artists, most of which who did their job extraordinarily well and everybody was happy. As an artist with hundreds of concerts on-stage myself, hats off to their professionalism and talent!

But Saturday night Mika was so much more than just a professional.. More than talented, more than well-prepared. Mika felt awesome on-stage! He sent his joy of singing, being an open book for the audience.

Mika lived happy moments on-stage and passed it on to us.

This has to be one of the nicest reviews of Mika I have seen :wub2:

logoCariere3v_bigger.jpg

revistacariere

Revista CARIERE

@nicoletagenovev organizatorii sustin ca au fost 30 de mii de spectatori, dar asteptam comunicatul oficial

*google translate

the organizers say they have been 30,000 spectators, but we expect the official communique

logoCariere3v_bigger.jpg

revistacariere

Revista CARIERE

@nicoletagenovev 10 000 cu siguranta au fost, i-am numarat noi :). La concert erau doua mări, Marea Neagră si marea de oameni

*google translate

10 000 people definitely were, It was counted by us:). at The concert were two major seas - the Black Sea and the sea of people

:shocked:30 000 spectators!!!

:mf_rosetinted:even if there were only 3000 and not 30 000 or 20 000 (as the many romanian medias say) i'm satisfied with it!:thumb_yello:

:shocked:but 30 000 !!!!

safe_image.php?d=9179669fa05317d6b2694b3fa79cd8a3&w=130&h=130&url=http%3A%2F%2Fi.ytimg.com%2Fvi%2F8abuA6Hvu9A%2F0.jpg

Preparing for Mika Concert - Mamaia Beach H2O

Mika LIVE - Mamaia beach Romania: scuzati-mi banda, sunt doar gelosi

oh,here you can see a little bit the huuuge crowd!

MIKA LIVE - Mamaia beach Romania [HD VIDEO]

@DA!this video is for you,sweetie!

Edited by nicoleta

:mf_lustslow:wow!i've found a video before the concert when Mika arrived at Mamaia!

M30Q7QGTuU7_1T.jpg

Mika, pregatit pentru concertul din Mamaia

http://observator.antena1.ro/monden/Mika-pregatit-pentru-concertul-din-Mamaia_15704.html

UROmxpJJKpV_1T.jpg

2010.07.25 - Mika, concert exceptional la Mamaia - Monden - Observator Antena1

http://observator.antena1.ro/monden/Mika-concert-exceptional-la-Mamaia_15752.html

Edited by nicoleta