''The New Mika?''

Abbyyy

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/showbiz/xs/902035/Tinashe-the-new-Mika-Saved-is-the-first-offering-from-this-Zimbabwean-indie-pop-sensation-from-Hackney-London.html

Zimbabweanindie-popsensationTinashe.gif

IMPRESSIVE: Zimbabwean indie-pop sensation Tinashe

Tinashe: The new Mika?

By Dan Wootton, Showbiz Editor, 08/08/2010

TINASHE is a Zimbabwean indie-pop sensation from Hackney, London.

First single Saved (out next week) has a slight MIKA edge to it.

I saw him live and was impressed.

-----------------

Here are some of his songs:

....I don't reaaally see the similarities myself :teehee:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
*googles Dan Wootton*

EDIT: Wootton, who launched his celebrity column last Sunday, is claimed by the title to be the 'youngest showbiz columnist on a national UK newspaper.

Maybe he's rubbish :aah:

'Youngest showbiz columnist on a national UK newspaper who thinks every artist sounds like Mika'? :aah:

Haven't checked the link yet, but I just freaked out :roftl: When I saw the thread title I thought I'll find a pic of Mika with a new hairdo or something and instead I found this guy :blink::naughty:

There is a melody...more pleasant. But all is equal, is not as Mika. Different styles, different people. All miscellaneous. Probably, some think this guy same talented as ours wonderful Mika...

There is a melody...more pleasant. But all is equal, is not as Mika. Different styles, different people. All miscellaneous. Probably, some think this guy same talented as ours wonderful Mika...

Ooh I like that!

Youtube won't let me see the video in the link (just like almost everything) in my country. But I checked out the myspace page and the video for 'Saved' and although the boy made me think of Steve Urkel at first sight much more than of Mika, and although his voice sounds a bit stuck in adolescence, I think I kinda see where the writer is coming from. There's a part of the lyrics in 'Saved' that might be seen close to the message in Grace Kelly. With key words like 'labelled' and 'loonie'. Maybe the writer refers to that. :dunno:

On another note: I don't think the writer's intention was to insult Mika or any of his fans. He wrote he liked the Tinashé stuff and it reminded him of Mika. So I guess it says something very different. Even if I tried, I couldn't find a reason to bash him for it. He might be young or even the youngest whatever. But that's not a crime and I guess he's still entitled to his opinion. Just like any 13 year old on this forum. Or (almost) any 93 year old on this forum. :teehee:

I wonder why they always feel that huge urge to compare new talent with existing artists :sneaky2:, why not just let them have their very own unique style!

In my opinion, when they say 'The new ....' about a new artist, even when he's compared to a really good artist, it's still kind of an insult, because it sounds like you're just a copy of a good artist, not a good artist of your own.

Ooh I like that!

I'm a new Mika's fan and I want to say nobody seems like Mika, for me Mika has something special I don't know what it is,but in this moment is the best singer I know.

oooh yess!!!!

it´s clear now!!! the journalist did watch the video. :mf_rosetinted:

he realized that that guy was wearing a striped t-shirt :mf_rosetinted:

then he thought "obviously,this guy is like mika" :mf_rosetinted:

dear journalist,mika wears red and white striped shirts.... not blue and white..... don´t you remember?? he gave his blue and white t-shirt to ida when he was entertaining her :mf_rosetinted: oh man,you need to read this forum........:roftl:

Archived