2010 - Mika @ Fringe Festival, Edinburgh, Scotland - 23 AUG - REPORTS/PICS/VIDS

lollipop_monkey

• Replies 771
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was watching Queen at Wembly from about 85 and there wasn't a phone in sight...............obviously :naughty: It looked very strange.:roftl:

I saw that once, I'll have to re-watch to notice the lack of cameras though. :naughty:

I wonder how long it will be before people calm down after this gig :aah:

I'm still on a high, it'll take a while I think. I just want to do it all again now.:aah:

You tended to really concentrate on the actual performance, because you had to commit it all to memory.

It was better, in a way. The sound that gets recorded with the videos is generally poor, so it alters your memory of the real thing.

Yeah, I always find that the more I record or take pictures the less involved I feel in the gig.

I still love that things can be recorded though.

You tended to really concentrate on the actual performance, because you had to commit it all to memory.

It was better, in a way. The sound that gets recorded with the videos is generally poor, so it alters your memory of the real thing.

I agree................although tbh I am not sure that I want to remember some of the people that I saw back then :naughty:

I saw that once, I'll have to re-watch to notice the lack of cameras though. :naughty:

I'm still on a high, it'll take a while I think. I just want to do it all again now.:aah:

Yeah, I always find that the more I record or take pictures the less involved I feel in the gig.

I still love that things can be recorded though.

Good excuse to watch it again :naughty:

Yes, on Monday I realised that I wasn't going to get many brilliant pics (and I had Abby down at the front doing a sterling job with her camera anyway) so I didn't reallly take many and TBH I do enjoy it more if I aren't worrying about a camera. But it IS nice to be able to relive it. And as much as it is lovely and very generous of people to share their pics and vids I always feel there is something special about ones that you have taken yourself :wub2:

At Pinkpop my boyfriend felt the need to act as my camera man. :naughty:

Two flies in one hit - being able to enjoy the show without holding a camera ánd ending up with pretty good pictures. :naughty:

Bonus :thumb_yello::biggrin2:

Hmmm. It is a puzzling question. 6 months.. I CAN wait that long. Have before. Can do it again. Hopefully.

That may be optimistic :mf_rosetinted:

I find that with pictures: I can't take pics and enjoy the gig. But I've got a system going to take video which means that I just hold the cam in a certain angle in front of me, and 90% of the time I manage to film Mika with his head in the frame, so that's ok with me.

I can live with the film not being perfect, because if I had to do it properly, I wouldn't enjoy the gig, and that would be pointless, so this works for me. It doesn't detract from my enjoyment like this.

It may. :das:

To be honest I'm not to sure.

Well - Mika just operates in a different time frame to the rest of us so what we think of as six months may not necessarily be six months on Planet Mika :wink2:

Well, for those who attend gigs when they are drunk there is no memory of the real thing, actually. :teehee:

I personally remember each performance on the whole and the songs I liked best.

It also depends on where you are sitting/standing. If you are in a screaming area :aah:, it could be nice to watch the performance from another perspective. That's what I did in Basel with someone who was at the front: you can have lots of surprises. :biggrin2: When I am sitting I can enjoy the show better, that's why I loved Manchester, which was also very good from a vocal point of view. :wub2:

I find that with pictures: I can't take pics and enjoy the gig. But I've got a system going to take video which means that I just hold the cam in a certain angle in front of me, and 90% of the time I manage to film Mika with his head in the frame, so that's ok with me.

I can live with the film not being perfect, because if I had to do it properly, I wouldn't enjoy the gig, and that would be pointless, so this works for me. It doesn't detract from my enjoyment like this.

I have never managed to work out how you do it so well. If I tried it I am sure that I would have a lot of vid of his feet or the lights :shocked:. But I am REALLY pleased that you are so good at it :thumb_yello::wub2::biggrin2:

Hmmm. It is a puzzling question. 6 months.. I CAN wait that long. Have before. Can do it again. Hopefully.

I'm happy enough, I've got a Scissor Sisters gig in December:naughty:

Well, for those who attend gigs when they are drunk there is no memory of the real thing, actually. :teehee:

I personally remember each performance on the whole and the songs I liked best.

It also depends on where you are sitting/standing. If you are in a screaming area :aah:, it could be nice to watch the performance from another perspective. That's what I did in Basel with someone who was at the front: you can have lots of surprises. :biggrin2: When I am sitting I can enjoy the show better, that's why I loved Manchester, which was also very good from a vocal point of view. :wub2:

None of us were drunk, we all remember the gig very clearly:thumb_yello:

I saw most of the Birmingham gig from the top of the balcony, which was a pretty good view. We saw the crowd bouncing, which was pretty awesome.

Good excuse to watch it again :naughty:

Yes, on Monday I realised that I wasn't going to get many brilliant pics (and I had Abby down at the front doing a sterling job with her camera anyway) so I didn't reallly take many and TBH I do enjoy it more if I aren't worrying about a camera. But it IS nice to be able to relive it. And as much as it is lovely and very generous of people to share their pics and vids I always feel there is something special about ones that you have taken yourself :wub2:

True, even if they are awful and blurry and of an elbow I know what you mean. :naughty:

Yeah, pictures take too much time to focus and they're really distracting. But if it's a slower song then it can work.

Your videos are great so your system works!

Edited by tauruslady

None of us were drunk, we all remember the gig very clearly:thumb_yello:

I saw most of the Birmingham gig from the top of the balcony, which was a pretty good view. We saw the crowd bouncing, which was pretty awesome.

I wasn't talking about you. Her post was about gigs in the past, not that gig.

There are quite a lot of people who are drunk at gigs in general. In Berlin there was a really drunk guy. :boxed: Luckily he didn't shout too much, he just shouted something and managed to attract everybody's attention, then we could enjoy the show smoothly.

I wasn't talking about you. Her post was about gigs in the past, not that gig.

There are quite a lot of people who are drunk at gigs in general. In Berlin there was a really drunk guy. :boxed: Luckily he didn't shout too much, he just shouted something and managed to attract everybody's attention, then we could enjoy the show smoothly.

Ah, I see.

I remember Mellody mentioning something about being hassled at the acoustic show by some drunken person. Can't be a nice feeling.