REPORTS/PICS: MIKA @ Summerdays Festival, Arbon, Switzerland -28-08-2010

Blue Sky

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello - my first impression when the performance began was that I hardly missed David, the "Sunshine" within the band, he really deserves this nick-name;). There was another musician at the keyboard, Marcus was his name. And it seems also Mika has missed him a bit – you will see at the LL vid that he had done (at the drumming-part) all the commands for the move-changes by himself.

In Sabine' s opinion this missing of David could be a reason for Mika's quick run through his performance and his not so good mood at the beginning. This shouldn't be a bad critic on him only an objective observation but I couldn't felt that connection to the audience which I'm luckily felt in most of his gigs where I was.

So I was very positive surprised that he changed the setlist at the end and gave us 2 songs extra as a great bonus… IAOW!! and KickAss

Two remarkable tings – the bad one first: At the middle of DrJohn a "funny" person of the audience (I assume a drunken one) attacked Mika with a small, but bit heavier object cause it has a fast speed and hit him on the left arm. Mika winced to the side but didn't lost his countenance and continued singing (but before the next song he took a very sharp look to this object!). I don't think it hurt him but it was clearly a bad critic on him in an aggressive and primitive way, I felt extremely ashamed by this!

But I'll end my report with a more lovely one – Lollipop! and the guy in BG-costume, very funny! – cause this one "flirted" with Mika in a real funny way and Mika giggled so much, esp. when he was carried away by him! (and came back after this ;) ). So sorry, that the memory card of my camera was full just at the end of LL (typically!! pfff), only can show you the first part of the song.

Ok, I'm at work now, at evening I'll upload my vids – KickAss, WAG, IAOW and first part of LL. Till then have a good day :)

That's extremely rude and a music lover would never do that, even if the artist wasn't actually good. :sneaky2:

I'll write a quick little report too :biggrin2:

I went up to Switzerland on Friday, stayed in Zurich overnight as I wouldn't have got to Arbon on Saturday early enough. So I did Zurich-Arbon on Saturday morning in full gig gear :lmfao: I got there around 9.30, saw the band's tourbus on my walk from the train station, and got front row, right of the centre when we got let in at 10.

Luckily it didn't rain as much as I thought it would! Faballa had very kindly bought me a rain poncho, and I was surprised that my clothes & bags weren't as covered in mud as I expected!! The other bands were good, but the day felt very long!

Unfortunately by the time the band before Mika (Silbermond) came on a bunch of kids had managed to push into front row and things were very squashed. I'm aching all over from the pushing and shoving! But when Mika was on there was more room, they were pretty much standing still. The audience weren't very enthusiastic, but that's what you get at a festival I guess... We made up for it though, the bubbles looked great during HE :biggrin2: I'd bought a Welsh flag with me to wave at Cherisse during the band intro (I always forget she's Welsh too, she reminded me at Cattolica :teehee:), which I did, and she waved at me at the end of the show. Imma was very amused with my big plastic lollipop too :biggrin2: I was in floods of tears during AOW, it was so emotional :tears: It was funny how he said he'd torn up the setlist, but I was worried that he wasn't going to do KA! It was great fun during the choreography to that! Jimmy's white doctor's coat cracked me up, trying to bring Toy Boy back to life! What amused me as well was how long it took for the stage to be set compared to the other bands :lmfao:What surprised me though was that he barely spoke any other language than English. I haven't read the other reports yet, so probably other people have mentioned that he wasn't quite on form, and for me that was a sign of it. But it was still a good show, I really enjoyed it. And the location was beautiful, right by the lake, it's just a shame the weather wasn't better, but there we go.

Thanks to everyone for the company and laughs, and thanks to Emerald for letting me have a space and sleeping bag in her tent :flowers2:

That comes from all the partying he has been doing in London on the days before that! And that Melachi dog is keeping him awake at night. :mf_rosetinted:

My video of Lollipop where you can clearly see how Mika is being hugged and lifted by the big girl/boy. It was very funny!

I'll post some pics later.

I also have a vid of the meet and greet, I'll post it here if anyone wants to, tho it is very dark and you mainly see silhouettes.

edit: video of Rain:

Edited by Monie

Two remarkable tings – the bad one first: At the middle of DrJohn a "funny" person of the audience (I assume a drunken one) attacked Mika with a small, but bit heavier object cause it has a fast speed and hit him on the left arm. Mika winced to the side but didn't lost his countenance and continued singing (but before the next song he took a very sharp look to this object!). I don't think it hurt him but it was clearly a bad critic on him in an aggressive and primitive way, I felt extremely ashamed by this!

I've missed this completely! Indeed, very rude.

I too missed the usual contact with the audience. This was not his best performance in my opinion (tho professional and his voice was good). It is the little extra that make his gigs so special and it wasn't there this night (tho I think it got better halfway the gig). Still I had a great time, with Emilie and Allegra (and others) next to me doing improvised flash mobs while waiting for Mika, lol.

One of the other bands had a very very handsome bass player. He made me forget my sore back and feet :naughty:.

Edited by Monie

Thank you all for reports =)))

oh my...people are sick :sneaky2: how rude!

I'd bought a Welsh flag with me to wave at Cherisse during the band intro (I always forget she's Welsh too, she reminded me at Cattolica :teehee:), which I did, and she waved at me at the end of the show. Imma was very amused with my big plastic lollipop too :biggrin2:

So Sweet =) They're both adorable :wub2:

It was great fun during the choreography to that! Jimmy's white doctor's coat cracked me up, trying to bring Toy Boy back to life! What amused me as well was how long it took for the stage to be set compared to the other bands :lmfao: What surprised me though was that he barely spoke any other language than English.

How sweet Nerys :wub2:

LOL! Definitely want to see that :naughty:

The funniest moment of the entire tour was when a big man, hairy, tattooed, dirty and sweaty, dressed as a big girl (with shorts!) and with a pig head, took away in his powerful arms a fresh and clean tall and thin boy, dressed all in white like a sweet bride. :lmfao:

What a romantic scene, i'll never forget it in my entire life :mf_lustslow:

The funniest moment of the entire tour was when a big man, hairy, tattooed, dirty and sweaty, dressed as a big girl (with shorts!) and with a pig head, took away in his powerful arms a fresh and clean tall and thin boy, dressed all in white like a sweet bride. :lmfao:

It was the cameraman, wasn't it? That was so funny :roftl: Proper carted him off stage, what a legend :lmfao:

OH MY....so was "the pig" a boy???

LOL :roftl:

I dont know if he was a cameraman

Anyway not The Cameraman

I thought it was the cameraman that was going back & forward & back & forward in front of the stage all day :boxed: But it wasn't that Cameraman at any rate :teehee:

I think it's all said about the concert. So I only want to post some of my vids:

Trumpet Solo:

Billy Brown:

Rain:

The Death March:

Any other world

Kick Ass

Loved the whole day :wub2:

Edited by Lolligirl

Hey!!

So my report:

Well the gig was great I thought, even though Mika was not such in a good mood. I still enjoyed it very much! After all that waiting! And aching!

I didn't realise somebody was throwing stuff at Mika during the gig, and didn't remember it until I read it here. That's a disgusting thing to do... :( But Mika never stopped singing :D

And yes, the cameraman was actually a woman. We had a very existential discussion about her with Monie: is it a man, or a woman? haha Good thing she wasn't here any more during Mika ^^

I was quite happy with the weather! We got some rain at the beginning of the afternoon, but then it didn't rain again. I was sure it'd rain the whole day and night, but no. It was still really, really muddy yuuuuk.

Well I won't discuss the M&G in detail, as it has already been discussed too long, but I'll just say that I was really happy I could give Mika the waistcoat my aunt and I made :D Mika was smiling and patient, but he didn't stay long. He looked tired and I'm sure he wanted to rest.

I only have 2 or 3 crappy pictures, so I won't bother you with them :aah:

Here is the M&G video:

(Monie got one of the security guys to film it haha how nice?)

Nezza!

That cameraman you are describing (the one seated with dolly camera) was a girl!!! :naughty:

Hahaha! It took Emilie and me a while to figure out whether she was a man or woman as well! So the cameraman was a woman and the big girl was a boy. What a gig :roftl:.

If you want to look at the big boy closer check out my vid of Lollipop, the whole event can be seen very clearly at the end of the vid.

I'll post some picks:

P1010395.jpg

P1010389.jpg

P1010385.jpg

P1010347.jpg

And a few more:

P1010400.jpg

Thank you for your fotos, they have a very special feeling for me. Also your Lollipop video it so great, thank you for doing that. :wub2: For me it was nice to see you "from face to face" (hope you understand my bad English). Sadly it was not possible for me to chat a lot around.

I have forgotten to say thank you to Nezza and Mariposa. Girls, I was very glad to stand behind you! Only with your help I could hold my 2. line. :bow:

Thank you for your fotos, they have a very special feeling for me. Also your Lollipop video it so great, thank you for doing that. :wub2: For me it was nice to see you "from face to face" (hope you understand my bad English). Sadly it was not possible for me to chat a lot around.

I have forgotten to say thank you to Nezza and Mariposa. Girls, I was very glad to stand behind you! Only with your help I could hold my 2. line. :bow:

The photo's and footage from the gigs one has been too oneself are always special, aren't they. It was nice to see you too :original:.