Evidence of Mika's World Domination

Austerulous

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I walked past this tanning place and Happy Ending was playing. : ) My friend was pulling my arm and saying: Hey, hey, do you hear this? It's your Mika guy! :biggrin2:

Edit: and btw a radio station hear in Latvia plays Mika daily, sometimes twice. Played Love Today.. today. :aah:

Edited by coolcat

last Wednesday, on Polish Next Top Model edition they played Blue Eyes and Good Gone Girl :biggrin2:

Once I was with mom in shopping centre and we were in rush so she asked me to go to coffee shop to buy her a cup of espresso. And as I went there GK began and I was ordering, adding sugar, mixing coffee up and so on for about 3 minutes waiting for GK to end, and exactly when I was leaving there was "Humphrey, we're leaving" :roftl:

Have you noticed that people from M6 channel keep on using Mika songs in most of their shows? D&co, Nouvelle Star, Un dîner presque parfait and so on... And they are not big hits too! So far I've heard Good Gone Girl, Any Other World, Toy Boy, One Foot Boy... It always makes me smile :blush-anim-cl:

I noticed the same thing, I think that's why M6 is my favorite TV channel :biggrin2:

I noticed the same thing, I think that's why M6 is my favorite TV channel :biggrin2:

I'm not a TV fan and I don't watch it that much, that's why I'm so impressed that in the little amount of time that I watch it I manage to hear many extracts from his songs.. But it's true that now that I've noticed it, I tend to watch M6 to try and spot Mika songs :teehee: They know how to get some audience :naughty:

Mika poster on kids' show 'Dani's House':

Mika001.jpg

So, anyone else?

That poster was also in Hollyoaks sometime last year in some girl's bedroom.

ALSO on Hollyoaks aaages ago when the character Amy was pregnant, her friend held her ipod speakers to the baby bumb (which was playing Love Today) and they were discussing names, when she says "Hey what about Mika for the baby's name?"

it's true :glasses3: but they decided on something else and I can't remember.

:teehee:

I don't really have any videos to anything but..

I was sitting in a restaurant about 2 weeks ago and Grace Kelly came on :biggrin2:

I live in the US too, so it was a big deal :roftl:

I tried to make people notice that I was singing alone so maybe they'd go home and google the lyrics or something. :naughty:

Haha. XD I've done that at a fair I was at. Me and my little bro just walked around this massive warehouse singing at the top of our voices. :roftl:

What a lovely thread! I walked around with the same idea... let's start!

Mika book-covering paper (This isn't officially by Mika):

100_1073.jpg

Mika toilets in Central Park:

Mikatoilet-MikaportapottiesinCentralPark.jpg

I need the covering! And possibly the toilet as well... if I had somewhere to put it.

This morning I came on the fan site, only to learn that Mika is number 17 on the Billboard charts with a kick-Ass remix!

I am Happy beyond words

The Meeks WILL inherit the Earth!!!

I love that quote!!!!!!! XD

That poster was also in Hollyoaks sometime last year in some girl's bedroom.

ALSO on Hollyoaks aaages ago when the character Amy was pregnant, her friend held her ipod speakers to the baby bumb (which was playing Love Today) and they were discussing names, when she says "Hey what about Mika for the baby's name?"

it's true :glasses3: but they decided on something else and I can't remember.

:teehee:

I'm so going to play Mika to my baby bump when I'm pregnant. :mf_rosetinted: Not to mention to the kid when its a baby... and a toddler... and until he/she is old enough to run into their room and slam the door.

I went to this laser game place and it has a heap of Xboxs with Halo on them to play while you wait... and one of the player's names was 'mikaere'. Surely it was a Mika fan, coz where else would you get that from? :roftl:

And this page (can't believe I haven't been to this site before):

http://www.mika.com/

• 2 years later...

Bump! :aah:

This thread seems to be most appropriate thread to share what I enjoyed tonight! (3:20 am now so maybe last night :mf_rosetinted:)

Korean X-factor -ish TV audition show, Superstar-K Semifinal was on air few hrs ago, and one of the 3 nominees sung Mika's "Big Girl' tonight!

It was amazing ...cuz I already knew them and that they're huge Mika fan since they're unknown indie band. I even remember seeing them at Mika gig in 2010. I was surprised and wowed when seeing they are on the most famous audition program this year, doing very well till semifinal!

Tonight all nominees got "Sing my favorite song" mission, and this band officially said they are huge fan of Mika and "Big girl" is their fave to sing on stage. :wub2: Since I've never seen any Mika thing on huge TV screen at my living room, it was such an amazing feeling to see this guys performance and their talking about Mika on one of the most famous TV show in my country. I was :fangurl: all the way seeing this.

Here is the vid. Part of the bands talking about their fave singer Mika, saying Mika's song helped them to get over things around them and very special one song for them, short introduction (Love the MC says Mika's "British - origin the world Best Pop-Star!:blush-anim-cl:) and the stage performance. The stage was inspired by Parc Des Princess, you see .. their costumes, looks.... I can see how much they are in love with Mika !! :wub2:

They got top score among 3 nominees tonight, proceeded to Final round. MIKA was on Trend Topic also. I'm so happy for them as a fellow Mika fan Hope they win the audition final next week... :wub2:

(Sorry the there's an accident so hardly can hear the bass and part of piano :sneaky2: Danm MNET!)

[YOUTUBE]CmZmgIV1DZQ[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by Yuna

This thread seems to be most appropriate thread to share what I enjoyed tonight! (3:20 am now so maybe last night :mf_rosetinted:)

Korean X-factor -ish TV audition show, Superstar-K Semifinal was on air few hrs ago, and one of the 3 nominees sung Mika's "Big Girl' tonight!

It was amazing ...cuz I already knew them and that they're huge Mika fan since they're unknown indie band. I even remember seeing them at Mika gig in 2010. I was surprised and wowed when seeing they are on the most famous audition program this year, doing very well till semifinal!

Tonight all nominees got "Sing my favorite song" mission, and this band officially said they are huge fan of Mika and "Big girl" is their fave to sing on stage. :wub2: Since I've never seen any Mika thing on huge TV screen at my living room, it was such an amazing feeling to see this guys performance and their talking about Mika on one of the most famous TV show in my country. I was :fangurl: all the way seeing this.

Here is the vid. Part of the bands talking about their fave singer Mika, saying Mika's song helped them to get over things around them and very special one song for them, short introduction (Love the MC says Mika's "British - origin the world Best Pop-Star!:blush-anim-cl:) and the stage performance. The stage was inspired by Parc Des Princess, you see .. their costumes, looks.... I can see how much they are in love with Mika !! :wub2:

They got top score among 3 nominees tonight, proceeded to Final round. MIKA was on Trend Topic also. I'm so happy for them as a fellow Mika fan Hope they win the audition final next week... :wub2:

(Sorry the there's an accident so hardly can hear the bass and part of piano :sneaky2: Danm MNET!)

Noooooooooo!

It's blocked in my country! :crybaby:

aww me too :( I can't watch it either

okay I remember I was going to a drug store with my friend back when I was back in Vietnam, and Kickass went on playing as we were paying. SO. you know the rest. We "had" to stand there till the end of the song and a bunch of girls in my school walked past and they saw me. They asked if I was dancing to Mika or not and you know the rest :fangurl:

Noooooooooo!

It's blocked in my country! :crybaby:

aww me too :( I can't watch it either

Sorry :doh: I just amended the link.. [YOUTUBE]CmZmgIV1DZQ[/YOUTUBE]

and this is the official vid from Mnet. [YOUTUBE]Oc9RLkmisg[/YOUTUBE]

PSY was one of the judges of this program, but had too off for his promo in US/Europe.. PSY loved them so much at the beginning of this program... Final round tomorrow!!:wub2:

I dont know whether anyone knows but in the Uk there is a award called jack petchey and i won it last year for helping out in my junior choir in school, anyway there is a huge prize giving and with each person that goes up to receive there awards they play a new song. (There are about 500 people in the audience) There were loads of songs played but in among loads of really popular artists was we are golden, lollipop, and Grace Kelly. May I add the only artist played twice !