To spoil the good mood

Dreamy_Queen

F**k those haters and whoever this Rob Sleigh person is , what does he think of himself?

Some "Paul Schreiber " said -

And i quote-

[Nov 5

@Kodes100

Mika is terrible.

There are millions of us who hate and despise mika's lack of talent

There goes your credibility!

Doom upon your failing "art" mika.]

Mika is awesome, much better than he'll ever be.

You can't even see his face in that pic.

Doom? I mean seriously?

He's amazing , fantastic , super etc .

What the hell, how can these bas*ards get away with being so cruel :sneaky2: ?

Don't let it get to you. As some on here have said, all publicity is actually good for Mika. No sane person is going to be influenced by some idiot no-lifer spouting off.

Besides, my son likes this group called My Chemical Romance and he asked me to look on YouTube and listen to some of their songs... So I did... They're not really my scene, but their songs have good hooks and the videos are imaginative, especially Black Parade.

But underneath the videos, a lot of the comments are absolutely disgusting. A lot of the comments are homophobic (I don't know if any band members are gay but that shouldn't matter) and really bad stuff about them being Emos. Like that matters either!

The point is... It's not only Mika who gets insulted. Others do too. The only thing that fans of a credible artist like Mika can do is take no notice and let the moron's rant. No one looks a fool, except for those self same morons.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Don't let it get to you. As some on here have said, all publicity is actually good for Mika.

The point is... It's not only Mika who gets insulted. Others do too. The only thing that fans of a credible artist like Mika can do is take no notice and let the moron's rant. No one looks a fool, except for those self same morons.

Not to mention that some people are doing it to provoke fans as well (have you heard of the term "troll", perchance?). Other than that, it's their opinion. You can't force 'em to change it.

If you like a man who's famous for singing like a woman, there's going to be critiscism and backlash. :P

Not to mention that some people are doing it to provoke fans as well (have you heard of the term "troll", perchance?). Other than that, it's their opinion. You can't force 'em to change it.

If you like a man who's famous for singing like a woman, there's going to be critiscism and backlash. :P

I don't think Mika sings like a woman. When I first heard him on the radio in 2007, I didn't know what he looked like, but I knew he was a man with a truly amazing falsetto voice. I was mesmorised by that voice, but not only the voice, the song as well. It was Love Today.

Even though I didn't (at that time) know Mika's name or anything about him, I just KNEW he had written that song himself. It suited him like it would suit no other and it made the day seem brighter. That's when I knew I had to get to know this awesome singer-songwriter and I'm so glad I did.

Peeps who think he sounds like a woman are just jealous because they can't get the high notes themselves. Neither could they probably get the lovely low notes that Mika can serenade us with and they don't have his beautiful hair/face/smile/speaking-voice.

In short... They are jealous of someone they can't ever hope to emulate. Full Stop.

Even if it has nothing to do with singing like woman (like some people say) - because it is not the only one reason why some people hate him, we are using to fight for our own taste and opinion. It is easy to like a superstar like Depp ( it doesn't matter that he's not singer, just for example), and it is not easy to be a fan of such a beautiful freak like Mika.

He was bullied for being himself, and we are bullied for being his fans :naughty::teehee:

But is makes us strong, we learn to stand upon our viewpoints and preferences without yielding to main trends.

I don't think Mika sings like a woman. When I first heard him on the radio in 2007, I didn't know what he looked like, but I knew he was a man with a truly amazing falsetto voice. I was mesmorised by that voice, but not only the voice, the song as well. It was Love Today.

Even though I didn't (at that time) know Mika's name or anything about him, I just KNEW he had written that song himself. It suited him like it would suit no other and it made the day seem brighter. That's when I knew I had to get to know this awesome singer-songwriter and I'm so glad I did.

Peeps who think he sounds like a woman are just jealous because they can't get the high notes themselves. Neither could they probably get the lovely low notes that Mika can serenade us with and they don't have his beautiful hair/face/smile/speaking-voice.

In short... They are jealous of someone they can't ever hope to emulate. Full Stop.

In Estonian there's a saying that a child's mouth doesn't lie, meaning that they're too innocent to be able to lie, that they say what they mean without trying to varnish it.

Why I'm telling this? Because when I started listening to MIKA's music my two young children often asked me, who's the woman singing or why is the man singing with a woman's voice. And they still sometimes do.

I made a confession earlier in this thread and here comes another bit of it, since I've started to remember (due to discussions on the MIKA-issue that I've been having with my hubby lately, but I don't hold it against him, cause suddenly he has a lot to put up with :teehee:) a few things concerning my reactions to MIKA's music years back. I vaguely remember that I used to strongly dislike "Big Girl" because (not knowing who sang it) I was positive that it was either a big girl trying to justify her appearance or a "queen" who's just too weird to have friends other than big girlish women.

The bottom line being that I also thought that he was a woman or an effeminate man, for which I am truly sorry now that I've learned to deeply appreciate the very same voice I disliked before and need to hear it daily as much as I need to breath in air.

Even if it has nothing to do with singing like woman (like some people say) - because it is not the only one reason why some people hate him, we are using to fight for our own taste and opinion. It is easy to like a superstar like Depp ( it doesn't matter that he's not singer, just for example), and it is not easy to be a fan of such a beautiful freak like Mika.

He was bullied for being himself, and we are bullied for being his fans :naughty::teehee:

But is makes us strong, we learn to stand upon our viewpoints and preferences without yielding to main trends.

I have a friend, who admitted liking (and I still don't know to what extent, cause for some reason we just don't talk about it) MIKA ever since she heard GK in 2007. More than 3 years and I knew nothing about it! When I asked her why she never talked about it she said that it must have been because she was ashamed! This is something I don't understand. When I discovered MIKA I wanted to share it with everyone and it doesn't bother me when somebody mocks me because of this "high-voiced", "possibly-gay" ""queen" of pop" or whatever, because I just don't care! I love his music and I'M attracted also to other aspects of him and that's what matters to ME. I have and I will keep talking about him and his music to anyone who cares to listen.

It is easy to like a superstar like Depp ( it doesn't matter that he's not singer, just for example), and it is not easy to be a fan of such a beautiful freak like Mika.

I would never slag him off because he's a competent actor but I have never understood the fascination with Johnny Depp. My sister-in-law had a thing for him back in the 21 Jump St. days and I just didn't get it. :dunno:

So yeah, everyone has their own tastes and talking trash about people who don't suit your tastes is a sport on the internet, especially celebrity blogs, Facebook groups and YouTube.

I vaguely remember that I used to strongly dislike "Big Girl" because (not knowing who sang it) I was positive that it was either a big girl trying to justify her appearance or a "queen" who's just too weird to have friends other than big girlish women.

Really...that's quite interesting. I have always thought of his vocals in Big Girl as clearly masculine but in listening to it now I guess I can imagine how someone might think it was a woman if they didn't know who they were listening to.

I loved Grace Kelly from the second I heard it but the overuse of the falsetto in Love Today, Lollipop and Happy Ending used to do my head in at times. :naughty: Until I went to a gig I really only listened to Big Girl and Billy Brown because I preferred the vocals to some of the other tracks. Before I heard Grace Kelly the DJ was raving about him, his operatic training and his likeness to Freddie Mercury, so I heard him the first time through that filter. But I can see how others would get a different first impression.

now that I've learned to deeply appreciate the very same voice I disliked before and need to hear it daily as much as I need to breath in air.

Mika is an acquired taste even for some ardent fans. If I want to win people over, I take them to a gig. No one can resist that.

In Estonian there's a saying that a child's mouth doesn't lie, meaning that they're too innocent to be able to lie, that they say what they mean without trying to varnish it.

Why I'm telling this? Because when I started listening to MIKA's music my two young children often asked me, who's the woman singing or why is the man singing with a woman's voice. And they still sometimes do.

I made a confession earlier in this thread and here comes another bit of it, since I've started to remember (due to discussions on the MIKA-issue that I've been having with my hubby lately, but I don't hold it against him, cause suddenly he has a lot to put up with :teehee:) a few things concerning my reactions to MIKA's music years back. I vaguely remember that I used to strongly dislike "Big Girl" because (not knowing who sang it) I was positive that it was either a big girl trying to justify her appearance or a "queen" who's just too weird to have friends other than big girlish women.

The bottom line being that I also thought that he was a woman or an effeminate man, for which I am truly sorry now that I've learned to deeply appreciate the very same voice I disliked before and need to hear it daily as much as I need to breath in air.

I have a friend, who admitted liking (and I still don't know to what extent, cause for some reason we just don't talk about it) MIKA ever since she heard GK in 2007. More than 3 years and I knew nothing about it! When I asked her why she never talked about it she said that it must have been because she was ashamed! This is something I don't understand. When I discovered MIKA I wanted to share it with everyone and it doesn't bother me when somebody mocks me because of this "high-voiced", "possibly-gay" ""queen" of pop" or whatever, because I just don't care! I love his music and I'M attracted also to other aspects of him and that's what matters to ME. I have and I will keep talking about him and his music to anyone who cares to listen.

I appreciate your honesty Siu. I know you are a wonderful pro-active Mika fan now. I will also be honest about some things.

I admit to not being a huge fan of Big Girl. Tbh, I was hearing BG at the same time as I was hearing LT (before I knew who Mika was) and I didn't realise they were songs from the same person! So I don't think BG would even have got to me like LT did. But when I got the album I could hear all of the styles Mika sings and the range he has. I do love his falsetto, but I have to say (and others have also said this) he sometimes overdoes it. For me (personally) the worst culprit is Rain. It is great live, but when it was a single and he sang it on TV, it didn't sound so good. The chorus is very hit-or-miss. He seemed often to be straining his voice. If I had been seeing him on TV for the first time, singing Rain, without knowing what he is capable of or what wonderful songs he can write, I wouldn't have been impressed. He has far better songs on the album than either Rain, or BIOTG. If he had released I See You, or Touches You, I really think he would have had a hit on his hands. They both show his vocal versatility.

With this next opus, I'm hoping for a more stripped-down sound, that shows his true vocal range. I'd like more songs like Pick Up, or By The Time, which show what a good songwriter he is as well as a superb singer. I'd like some upbeat songs too, but not too much electro-pop, because Mika doesn't need to do that.

He did say he's going to re-invent himself (or his sound, or both) for the next album. But whatever he does he's probably bound to get haters. It's par-for-the-course if you are famous.

It seems to me like Mika has given up on th 2nd album, which is a shame.

i read this on msn. that should cheer us up: :biggrin2:

By hook or by crook: Pop music's most annoying hooks

http://entertainment.ca.msn.com/music/photos/gallery.aspx?cp-documentid=26265557

And Mika isn't on it!!! so yeah!!!! :yay:

but james blunt is :teehee:

poor james ... that's the price of success i guess :teehee:

That's normal in Italy especially when guys are concerned. They always use offensive terms to define him and his music, but they always end up singing his songs. :teehee:

Today one of my students (he's 16) was singing We Are Golden. :naughty:

I think Mika would be happy: the perfect pop songs you can't get out of your mind and that even his "enemies" need to sing. :devil::roftl:

If I want to win people over, I take them to a gig. No one can resist that.

My best friend (Mika fan) and me talked about that, too.

We are pretty sure that this is the best way to turn someone into a Mika fan:teehee:

One of my friends always liked Grace Kelly, Love Today and - I was really suprised when I found out - even has I See You on her iPod! That means a lot!

But then again, she always emphasised that she don't like the songs of Mika.

Why don't they just "admit" it?

One of my friends always liked Grace Kelly, Love Today and - I was really suprised when I found out - even has I See You on her iPod! That means a lot!

Ha! I don't know. :dunno:

When I was a teenager I was regularly going to hard rock and metal concerts from Van Halen to Iron Maiden because I liked the vibe at the gigs. But I still listened to Culture Club and Wham and didn't care what anyone thought about it. Good music is anything that makes you sing or dance or feel emotion. Even if the singer is not necessarily cool. :naughty:

My best friend (Mika fan) and me talked about that, too.

We are pretty sure that this is the best way to turn someone into a Mika fan:teehee:

I think that since Mika is a controversial artist - love him or hate him - he is not generally considered cool. Being cool is very important for young people nowadays, so they are afraid of being seen as ''uncool'' because they follow an uncool artist. Is that clear? :blink:

That's how I see the issue in my country at least. :dunno:

I think that since Mika is a controversial artist - love him or hate him - he is not generally considered cool. Being cool is very important for young people nowadays, so they are afraid of being seen as ''uncool'' because they follow an uncool artist. Is that clear? :blink:

That's how I see the issue in my country at least. :dunno:

i'm afraid you're right :mf_rosetinted::aah: a lot of my friends say my music taste is **** :sneaky2:

it's not fair :tears:

but i am an out and proud Mika fan! :biggrin2: tbh wearing a bright blue hoodie to school with MIKA across it doesn't make it easy to hide :teehee:

i'm afraid you're right :mf_rosetinted::aah: a lot of my friends say my music taste is **** :sneaky2:

it's not fair :tears:

but i am an out and proud Mika fan! :biggrin2: tbh wearing a bright blue hoodie to school with MIKA across it doesn't make it easy to hide :teehee:

:naughty:

It's a free world after all. Most young people in Italy like groups who are rubbish in my opinion. I stick to the music I like and they are free to follow those popular groups. I don't think insulting artists you don't like is an intelligent thing to do anyway. :boxed:

:naughty:

It's a free world after all. Most young people in Italy like groups who are rubbish in my opinion. I stick to the music I like and they are free to follow those popular groups. I don't think insulting artists you don't like is an intelligent thing to do anyway. :boxed:

:sad: some of the artists here (UK) just haven't got any depth :boxed: i like artists who write their own songs and have some emotion or relation to the song they're singing!

although there are a couple of artists that i like that are quite mainstream...

i was in my friend's car on the way back from a show once with her and her brother and friend and her dad was putting on music and put on the Eagles to who my friend etc said was ****. I said she didn't know good music when she heard it and promptly started singing along (her dad was pleased i liked them) :naughty: i'm also going ot ask her parents if i could borrow a Joss Stone CD :teehee:

Mika is an acquired taste even for some ardent fans. If I want to win people over, I take them to a gig. No one can resist that.

I wish I had someone to take to a gig with me! Sure, even if I did, I'd have to wait for ages, now that the recording of the 3rd album is (hopefully) in full swing. So EDIT: I wish I had had someone to take with me!

That's normal in Italy especially when guys are concerned. They always use offensive terms to define him and his music, but they always end up singing his songs. :teehee:

Today one of my students (he's 16) was singing We Are Golden. :naughty:

I think Mika would be happy: the perfect pop songs you can't get out of your mind and that even his "enemies" need to sing. :devil::roftl:

This is another thing I don't understand - if there's an artist you don't like, why bother and offend him? I normally ignore the artists I don't like, they're not worth my thought. Is it because MIKA is such a marmite-artist that you just can't but either love him or hate him and in both cases you want everybody know where you stand? Well, that wouldn't be so bad after all, because in either case he provokes emotions in people - they're not indifferent. Or is it that people try to conceal the fact they like him, for fear of being mocked because of that? How else would you explain them knowing the songs and singing these?

:sad: some of the artists here (UK) just haven't got any depth :boxed: i like artists who write their own songs and have some emotion or relation to the song they're singing!

I guess it's not the case only in the UK but US (and other parts of the world) as well. There are so many project-artists, who are the products of the music industry. They don't write their owns songs and they often don't even have this "thing" that would make them special. They're just shaped according to the canon to fill an empty space and due to the money and promo behind them they fly high for a while and then they fade. They're shooting stars - a term that an interviewer once used to describe MIKA, who then objected it by saying that he plans to stay on the picture for longer than that :teehee:.

although there are a couple of artists that i like that are quite mainstream...

Yes, I agree. And I also like some mainstream artists. Of course, writing your own songs is important, but that doesn't mean that those who only sing should be shunned. We have quite a few singers in Italy who have never written a single song during their career, but I like a couple of them anyway. Writing your own material means that you have a project, inspiration and skills, that you will probably mature and create something different and important in music. But sometimes it's nice to listen to enjoyable music, even though it's mainstream music.

The most important thing is being honest. If it's clear that the artist is not a songwriter, it's ok. But it's unfair to state that the singer is writing his/her own stuff when it isn't true.

I remember years ago when people were told that Jennifer Lopez wrote her own songs. I never believed that and I didn't think much of her as a musician. I liked a couple of her hits, though.

I find the idea of being fooled around very irritating. :boxed:

I think a lot of the "cool" artists these days are not cool at all. They are just overrated and dull. In my opinion, Mika is cooler than these artists because he is unique and talented and doesn't compromise his uniqueness by trying to be cool. He writes songs because he wants to write them, not because he thinks they will be cool.:thumb_yello:

Ha! I don't know. :dunno:

When I was a teenager I was regularly going to hard rock and metal concerts from Van Halen to Iron Maiden because I liked the vibe at the gigs. But I still listened to Culture Club and Wham and didn't care what anyone thought about it. Good music is anything that makes you sing or dance or feel emotion. Even if the singer is not necessarily cool. :naughty:

Are you my clone???

I had the same taste when I was a teenager :biggrin2:

Oh that's right, yes! :roftl: Billy Idol was a bit of pop and rock combined in one act. The '80s were great. :wub2:

Yes, best decade to be a teenager...

I bought tickets yesterday for Bon Jovi's concert in Montreal, I am going with one of my sons. It's been a while since I saw them live:naughty:

Archived