To spoil the good mood

Dreamy_Queen

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just had to share ..

On Saturday, my parents came over to my house, and my kids wanted them to see THE video "of the Mika man jumping around in his pants, like me" (as quoted by my 4 year old).

She, being an old Beatles screaming teenager, pulled a quirksome face but sat transfixed (dunno why! LOL) .. as did my dad who was a very young rocker in his yoof!

My two youngsters were madly dancing .. when both my folks joined in!!! I had to laugh!!!

So .. there's two more 'fans' for the count! (I'd DIE if they EVERRRR came to a gig tho!! .. but saying that, they did go to Glasto in 2007 - tho I avoided them like the plague!!! ...)

Two GOLDEN oldies!

Just had to share ..

On Saturday, my parents came over to my house, and my kids wanted them to see THE video "of the Mika man jumping around in his pants, like me" (as quoted by my 4 year old).

She, being an old Beatles screaming teenager, pulled a quirksome face but sat transfixed (dunno why! LOL) .. as did my dad who was a very young rocker in his yoof!

My two youngsters were madly dancing .. when both my folks joined in!!! I had to laugh!!!

So .. there's two more 'fans' for the count! (I'd DIE if they EVERRRR came to a gig tho!! .. but saying that, they did go to Glasto in 2007 - tho I avoided them like the plague!!! ...)

Two GOLDEN oldies!

:lmfao: there is nothing with golden oldies enjoying themselves! good for them! :thumb_yello:

:lmfao: there is nothing with golden oldies enjoying themselves! good for them! :thumb_yello:

I was soooo tempted to record it and youtube it!!!

but they'd disinherit me .. and my coffers need filling!

LOL:biggrin2:

saying that .. they'd disown me if they knew I'd called them GOLDEN OLDIES ..

mm .. who says the mirror doesn't lie

LOL:biggrin2:

It's actually kind of sad that people find it necessary to vocalise their dislike of particular artists.

Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if a lot of those people said they hated Mika because they think that if they like his music it'll make them uncool or something :dunno:

Whoa... wait a minute... where's the Jonas Brothers or Miley Cyrus??? :shocked:

ohhhhhhhhhhhh i love so many of their top 10 most hated !

i was just thinking about how much i like that new James Blunt song that just came out! i listened to it 3 times today :naughty:

so looks like i :fangurl: annoying people!

so yeah for me!! :yay: I ROCK!

bah! it won't spoil my mood whatsover! i know what i like and what i don't like.

I don't mind the new James Blunt song either!

I :fangurl: annoying people too... after all, I love Hanson and they're considered annoying :teehee:

Well at least he's 7 places behind James Blunt. That's the important thing. :lmfao:

:lmfao: Good point...

:dunno: You have to be well-known to be hated.

I don't get Dido being on the list, either.:blink:

I was going to say that I find Dido mightily annoying :aah:. But hey, they have Jamie Cullum higher than Mika in the annoyingness scale, and he's an amazing musician, so whatever :blink:. How did they mix the crazy frog with real people though? This whole thing is just pointless :roftl:.

This article just made me laugh really, i don't think it is particularly well written but quite the contrary, they claim to have done some kind of survey but the actual content of the piece is completely in a subjective tone so I really can give it any credit at all.

The funny part is that the title is James Blunt Tops the poll of most hated and right after you finish reading there is a link to buy tickets for his tour!

So relax, they just constructed a piece without any research whatsoever, and the people who voted most be Stereobord usual readers who are not probably the Mika target.

Whenever a person is so openly different is exposed to be loved and hated according to the likes and dislikes of all the people in this world, we can't all like the same because that would just be boring.

This kind of Top 10 is absolutely stupid :shun:

How can they make a generalisation and declare who is hated and who is not?

Not need to pay attention to the sort of articles..

It has no interest... except to create controversy and to shock :sneaky2:

I wish to many artists to be hated like Mika: millions of records sold and sold out tours..:naughty:

Yes he's so hated in the UK, his UK tour was sold out.

These people need to go to his gigs and see how hated he is!:aah:

haha That was amazing!

My teacher always says right before a show, "Go out there and do something worth talking about! Good or bad it's better than not getting any attention at all."

And if you think about it, it's kind of true. This guy doesn't like Mika, so he says something about it. People will see it, and try to see how bad he is and maybe, just maybe, they'll discover how amazing he really is. Soon they'll be buying his records, searching his name, and ultimately start turning into one of us. It's just a different (negitive) way to generate fans. Even if the guy hates Mika.

When you are famous and nobody hates you, it means that you are a very boring and uninteresting person... We don't want Mika to be a boring person... Aren't we?

Mika has a so great and unique personality that he generates very big love from a lot of people... It's just normal that some people hates him too...

When you are famous and nobody hates you, it means that you are a very boring and uninteresting person... We don't want Mika to be a boring person... Aren't we?

Mika has a so great and unique personality that he generates very big love from a lot of people... It's just normal that some people hates him too...

+ 1 :thumb_yello:

So right...

I was going to say that I find Dido mightily annoying :aah:.

I can understand that people might find her annoying but I find it hard to believe that she would be in many people's top of mind when asked about annoying musicians :dunno: I can understand Mika being there, though, mainly because of his falsetto. :teehee:

So, I am thinking, this research was probably done with a list of artists people needed to vote for, so the most well known ones got the most votes. (Jamie Cullum high on the list contradicts my theory though...)

:thumb_yello: I completely agree! If I remember correctly, Mika said something about being flattered that some people actually go out of the way to proclaim their hate for him :naughty:

And no way.. Jamie Cullum is on that list too?! :shocked:

Well at least he's 7 places behind James Blunt. That's the important thing. :lmfao:

That's what crossed my mind immediately.:teehee:

:dunno: You have to be well-known to be hated.

I don't get Dido being on the list, either.:blink:

Me too. Actually I like her.:blink:

IMO - who cares what a Rob Sleigh thinks!?

Not everyone is supposed to love (or like) MIKA. We do and we're happy about it.

MIKA has many times stressed that he knows he has his fans, but there are also the people who try to destroy him. He does make a lot of annoying noises and has admitted doing that more than once. I have a confession to make - according to my husband, three years ago I hated these annoying sounds, which today I can't get enough of! For some reason I don't think he's lying :blush-anim-cl:.

He's a marmite artist - you either love him or you hate him. And you can go from one feeling to another in just a single moment.

We love love him, love love him, love love :wub2:

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

haha That was amazing!

My teacher always says right before a show, "Go out there and do something worth talking about! Good or bad it's better than not getting any attention at all."

And if you think about it, it's kind of true. This guy doesn't like Mika, so he says something about it. People will see it, and try to see how bad he is and maybe, just maybe, they'll discover how amazing he really is. Soon they'll be buying his records, searching his name, and ultimately start turning into one of us. It's just a different (negitive) way to generate fans. Even if the guy hates Mika.

Just like my husband said after reading this article, that the bad article can serve as a good promotion too. It can't bring any harm to a good singer.

I have always thought that years give you wisdom, and while growing old I'm growing in wisdom too, wisdom that only life can give you.

When you are a teen been popular is important as for an artist at the beggining of his carrer, althought Mika's carrer still young, just since 2006, with two records I think, and this is just my opinion, he is not interested in been popular, just in do the music he likes as he shown us in TBWKTM.

I don't even care about if people likes him or if I say Mika and my friends say who? :blink: *obviously not all of them*, I know I like his music and one of the reasons is because he do what he likes and doesn't matter about what silly others may think

:roftl::roftl::roftl:

Just like my husband said after reading this article, that the bad article can serve as a good promotion too. It can't bring any harm to a good singer.

It's always like that. And this guy didin't even try to explain his "opinion".:naughty:

I've got used to read this kind of articles without any proper arguments based on some subjective and irational subjective prejudice.

I'm sure that this guy adores Taylor Swift or Justine Bieber.:aah:

And yes, chatting about our husbands: mine enjoyed listening Rain yesterday evening with a lovely and nostalgic smile on his face.:wub2:

:thumb_yello: I completely agree! If I remember correctly, Mika said something about being flattered that some people actually go out of the way to proclaim their hate for him :naughty:

And no way.. Jamie Cullum is on that list too?! :shocked:

from 1.15

[YOUTUBE]9PqxHqVFfvM[/YOUTUBE]

don't we have an article like this one, pop up once every 8 months or so?

i know it's not the first time he makes the hated/annoying list, so this isn't breaking news.

the best way to show that we don't agree with the article is to not retweet it or post it on facebook. by doing that, we only give a chance for more people to read it and it empowers his message, even if this isn't what we intended to do.

so i say ignore it! :shun:

I just can't express how angry I am.

http://www.stereoboard.com/content/view/162152/44

Don't want even quote them. Top 10 most hated artists.

that's a funny list. I love James Blunt and he's number one..lol.

and Mika not loved? That's even funnier. is that a word? Well, they must know something since they are capable of putting together a list. NOW THAT takes talent.

Archived