Eurovision 2011

suzie

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, if they did, so did Mika, as several songs from the 70s start like that, Killer Queen to begin with...:dunno:

those queen stole the song from Mika before he was born???:mf_rosetinted:

amazing:mf_rosetinted:

kidding!!!!!!!!!! :aah::aah:

and these guys stole the beginning of the song :shun:

[YOUTUBE]1q1WpOTpZ1A[/YOUTUBE]

:shun: yeah.. It sounds more like Killer Queen. -.-' But yeah.. Grace Kelly & Killer Queen.

Ohwell

I didn't know they hair, could be messed!:aah:

[YOUTUBE]eRAy6lFCfOo[/YOUTUBE]

1:33

:roftl: Oh I did not see them :naughty: It makes me think of her :wub2::biggrin2: :biggrin2:

Voyage, voyage :teehee::mf_rosetinted::biggrin2:

I found the video from the eurovision show, I like it :biggrin2:

First of all: Jedward are leading the German itunes charts right now! :groupwave:

Loved their show and it was the only act I voted for last night! :teehee:

http://www.oljo.de/blog/jedward-lipstick-platz1-deutschen-charts-itunes/

I am happy I decided to go to Düsseldorf to celebrate the ESC there.

I watched it with 2 of my best friends together with abt. 500 people in a nice bar on 5 big screens. The atmosphere was great for all of the songs. People were dancing, singing along etc.

Loved this experiece.

It was so much fun singing Satellite with everyone in the beginning (together with Stefan and the other hosts), real "gig feeling".

And as I just read the viewing rate of the ESC was excellent in Germany...We love the ESC! :wub2:

I just love Eurovision week. One of the best times of the year imho! :thumb_yello:

To me it is not about winning in the first place, but about the show and everything around it.

I really enjoyed the show. This year I liked myna of the songs. My favourites were: Ireland (You rock! --> will be interesting to see how the juries voted. I belive they would be up the final list with only the televotes being counted), Estonia (hmmm...well, I liked it), Bosnia&Herzegowina, Italy (viva el jazz), Finland (he should have done better imo) and Switzerland (Anna should have done better, too).

I am not a fan of the Azerbaijan song, but it was clear they were going to end up in the top10 (didn't expect the first place though).

I was really shocked when I saw Blue's performance. Why did they have to have pix/vids of themselves in the background? Imo this cost them many points, because the song in itself isn't bad at all I think.

Soooo, the second year in a row that I don't like the winner.... Maybe that professional jury voting thing doesn't work so good after all :naughty: Lena was still better though.

Thank you! :naughty:

I don't like that there is a big 5. It's not fair. Yes, they are big countries, so?

Well, someone has to pay for the whole thing....

Btw, the results of the two semi-finals have been released.

http://www.oljo.de/blog/esc2011-offizielle-ergebnisse-erstes-zweites-halbfinale/

first semi final

1 Greece (they qualified BEFORE AZE)

2 Azerbaijan

3 Finland (He qualified as third in his semi final. What happend in the grand final?

4 Iceland

5 Lithuania

6 Georgia

7 Hungary

8 Serbia

9 Russia (Wow, only 9th place)

10 Switzerland (Anna almost didn't make it)

11 Malta

12 Armenia

13 Turkey (big surprise -still)

14 Albania

15 Croatia

16 San Marino

17 Norway

18 Portugal

19 Poland

second semi final

1 Sweden

2 Danmark

3 Slovenia

4 Romania

5 Bosnia & Herzegovina

6 Ukraine

7 Austria

8 Ireland (only 8th!!!)

9 Estonia (only 9th)

10 Moldawia

11 Belgium

12 Bulgaria

13 Slowakia

14 Belarus

15 Israel

16 F.Y.R. Macedonia

17 Latvia

18 Cyprus

19 the Netherlands

Already looking forwards to next year. Baku 2012 :thumb_yello:

Looking forwards to see whose going to represent Germany then...

@Mariposa Thanks for your report:thumb_yello:

Now that you are back I wanted to ask you which performers you think the audience in Germany liked best (not your favourites but the ones people were cheering / dancing to the most). I am asking because some songs might have sounded different live than what we heard broadcast live.

Anyway, as for Finland, Slovenia, Iceland and Greece qualifying ahead of many of their rivals in the semi-final vs finishing at a much lower position in the finals, I think it is due to many reasons. To begin with, it was only half the countries voting (and taste is very much culture specific), there were probably more Eurovision fanatics voting in the first round and a wider base (i.e. general public) voting in the final, and finally, the order of performaces does count. I think the Finnish guy was unlucky to have been the first performer of the night.:sad:

Thanks for the report, Marion, I always enjoy your Eurovision thoughts! :thumb_yello:

I have watched a lot of old John and Edward vids and I must say I totally love those twins! :wub2: I know, they can't actually sing very well... But I can't help it, they are adorable and very entertaining. There is obviously space in my heart for hyperactive little monsters :roftl:

Finland qualified as third from semi-finals?? :blink: I can't understand what happened?

Edit: Just read Suzie's post. Yes, you can be right about general public voting during the final competition. And Finland's entry was not a catchy pop song for the big audience, I guess.

Archived