Eurovision 2011

suzie

Azerbaijan's was the only song that really connected with me emotionally and I'm very glad it won. A very romantically charged melody. Clever composition.

Funnily enough it's not the kind of song I would usually like at all :blink: and I understand why some wouldn't like it, but all I can say is, it must have connected with a lot of other people around Europe too :dunno:

It was a very close competition and generally of a higher than average standard. So many of those songs you could quite easily hear on the UK radio. You won't, though, because our media are very snobbish about the ESC over here :sneaky2:.

• Replies 362
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think sending pretty boys and boybands with simplistic pop tunes was a safe a choice many countries decided to do, so I'd rather see the Azerbajani win if the performances I enjoyed most (e.g. Moldova, Finland, Iceland) had basically no chance.

I think we disagree on that. Italy came in second and I don't think they'd qualify as pretty boy simple pop tune. That being said, some songs don't have a chance, no, so I'd rather have some happy pop tune win over one that is painful to listen to. :dunno: Heck, I'd even preferred jedward to win :mf_rosetinted:

Azerbaijan's was the only song that really connected with me emotionally and I'm very glad it won. A very romantically charged melody. Clever composition.

Funnily enough it's not the kind of song I would usually like at all :blink: and I understand why some wouldn't like it, but all I can say is, it must have connected with a lot of other people around Europe too :dunno:

It was a very close competition and generally of a higher than average standard. So many of those songs you could quite easily hear on the UK radio. You won't, though, because our media are very snobbish about the ESC over here :sneaky2:.

I guess it's another one of those hate or love it :naughty:

Nah, they don't really play esc music stuff over here either. On some cultural channels perhaps.

It is a competition of songs and it was a really catchy one. No trick. :dunno:

Last year they also did well with the same songwriters - who are actually Scandinavian (I guess Swedish )

I agree, the song was actually not bad at all. For some reason I just didn't like their entry in general that much (but as you said, it's a competition for songs).

I like Eurovision songs a bit crazy, so I was hoping better success for Ireland or Moldova :teehee: but Sweden and Denmark did both well, and I liked Italy too, though it was very different than the rest of the songs.

So my thoughts - don't like Azerbaijan, too sweet for me; and I was shocked, they actually won.

Liked Denmark, Estonia (how come they didn't make it into top 10?), Italy, Ireland, Finland.

I was surprised that Ukraine's Mika scored so high too.

And I didn't like Greece, Russia or Moldova, sorry.

I only watched the finale, so I can't remember half of the performances I saw and heard (which might not be such a bad thing :naughty: ), but here comes my judgment:

Azerbaijan was my favourite and I'm glad it won! :thumb_yello:

Sweden almost won, but it was a bit disappointing for me. I just can't stand songs that repeat the same sentence twice in the beginning of the chorus. :blink:

Finland won the prize of the international press of whatever it was called. I would have liked to see it getting more points. I think the main reason it got so much behind was that it started the whole show. :(

Italy was one of the best, although the guy's screaming at the end was a bit too much.

France... The guy could sing alright, but he shoud have been at the opera, this was the wrong competition for him.

Ireland's performance was the funniest. :roftl: But the song was... Ick. "Check my collar"? :blink: What the heck were those lyrics about?

I can't understand how Greek, the UK, Georgia and Spain got into the finale in the first place! Hoooorrible! :aah::roftl:

I can't understand how Greek, the UK, Georgia and Spain got into the finale in the first place! Hoooorrible! :aah::roftl:

Well UK and Spain are in the big 5. They get into final automatically.

I don't like that there is a big 5. It's not fair. Yes, they are big countries, so?

Well UK and Spain are in the big 5. They get into final automatically.

I don't like that there is a big 5. It's not fair. Yes, they are big countries, so?

Well, seeing how there would be no eurosong contest without their financial support.... I think it is fair :naughty:

I checked on youtube this morning some of the eurovision's competitors and I really like the Azerbajian's song :wub2: I really like Norway (even if the singer was out of tune in the beginning it was a really cool song), Turkish (rockkkkkkkkkkk :D), Portugal (:roftl:, I like the song and they have great energy) and the French performer and song also :biggrin2::wub2: I did not check everything but from what I saw it is my fav list :D

I think we disagree on that. Italy came in second and I don't think they'd qualify as pretty boy simple pop tune. That being said, some songs don't have a chance, no, so I'd rather have some happy pop tune win over one that is painful to listen to. :dunno: Heck, I'd even preferred jedward to win :mf_rosetinted:

:mf_rosetinted:

:mf_rosetinted:

only want to say that 19pts is not THAT bad :aah:

Spain was 3rd :mf_rosetinted: if you start from the end,of course :mf_rosetinted:

Well, seeing how there would be no eurosong contest without their financial support.... I think it is fair :naughty:

:aah::aah:

Really,I know Spain sucked,(we use to suck every year,so it´s not a surprise,more a tradition) but seriously.... Azerbaijan? Greece? :aah: Not in a million years they had thought they could reach the position they got...

I really expected Denmark to win...

Really,I know Spain sucked,(we use to suck every year,so it´s not a surprise,more a tradition) but seriously.... Azerbaijan? Greece? :aah: Not in a million years they had thought they could reach the position they got...

I really expected Denmark to win...

I was really shocked that there, was so many there actually liked Greece?:boxed:

Spain was 3rd :mf_rosetinted: if you start from the end,of course :mf_rosetinted:

Holland beat Spain then, because we were first, if you start from the end (pre-finals included). :mf_rosetinted:

Place 38 out of 38, not bad at all. :aah::roftl:

I didn't know they hair, could be messed!:aah:

[YOUTUBE]eRAy6lFCfOo[/YOUTUBE]

1:33

Hahah, I still love them, but must say this video is much better than their actual performance... And I loved it how the Finnish commentator said "no more sugar for these boys, please!" :roftl:

Weird, but after watching the whole competition again this morning (lol, I watched it twice, yes) I've learnt to like the winner :teehee: The duo is still not my favorite but I like the song. I'm learning to like Estonia's song too. Both are very catchy.

I hate Azebajian's song! :aah:

I just reminds me of some cult where everyone is a bit too happy :aah:

I liked Greece, tho they should've picked another rapper, his voice was more made for metal than for rapping :aah: but I liked how they used the folk in it.

and I really liked Russia! and Moldova! and Ireland too actually!

Archived